Customize

Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by AngryGayPope1, Feb 20, 2009.

1. AngryGayPope1 Member

Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

FROM ANONORANGE

This is the SIXTH time Riverside County is trying to pass this thing.
    AGENDA

3.55 SHERIFF-CORONER-PA and COUNTY COUNSEL: INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCE NO. 884, an Ordinance of the County of Riverside Regulating Targeted Residential Picketing. (3.3 of 2/10/09)

3.56 COUNTY COUNSEL: ® ADOPTION OF ORDINANCE NO. 889, an Ordinance of the County of Riverside Repealing Ordinance No. 888, an Urgency Ordinance Regulating Targeted Residential Picketing. (3.38 of 2/10/09)

Please post on WWP & Clambake and encourage people to attend, even if they don't want to speak. Their time needs to be ceded to people like Gaham Berry and others that have good public speaking skills.

Note that Stone is not the one promoting the ordinance this time, but instead the SHERIFF-CORONER-PA. as well as the County Counsel.

It's interesting how Stone is trying to wash his hands from this whole thing. I don't blame him !

Since the Sheriff is now in charge of promoting this ordinance, I expect that the argument will be that it is dangerous to protest at Gold Base on HWY 79 due to the fast moving traffic.
    Note that the ordinance was signed by Pete A. Labhan for Stan Sniff, Riverside Sheriff. I spoke at length (~25 min) with Mr. Labahn and I informed him of the entire situation on Feb 11. During our conversation he called Hemet Sheriff Commander John Pingel as well as investigator Kim Judge to confirm my claims. Please don't accept any arguments from ignorance from him, he now knows the story.

Our counter arguments should be (among others):

1) The David Allyn Dokich (child molester) pickets occurred on a similarly dangerous road, yet the sheriff HELPED the protesters and provided them traffic control for several weeks.

2) During our protests at Gold Base, the Sheriff HINDERED our ability to protest and forced us to protest on a very small 14" gutter between the pavement and the dirt on the other side. Note that that dirt area is a public easement, 38 feet wide. (Road is 24 feet total, easement is 100 feet total)
    See attached pictures and videos showing that we were forced to protest on this very small area.

3) Approximately 10 years ago, when Graham, Keith Hensen, Barb and others protested, the same argument of safety to protesters were used and got defeated.

4) They are still trying to use the "preserve the peace, tranquility, and sense of security" arguments. It is important to point out, once again, that they blast a 110 dB painful sound during the entire protests.

5) From a Supreme court ruling: "Madsen, quoting from Boos v. Barry, 485 U.S. 312 (1988), ‘[a]s a general matter, we have indicated that in public debate our
    \own citizens must tolerate insulting, and even outrageous, speech in order to provide adequate breathing space to the freedoms protected by the First Amendment.”

6) Protest across the street or away from the main picket target, forces us to disrupt the neighbors more than the intended recipient. This is obvious, but bears repeating.

7) Here's a VERY important point: They are trying to reduce the distance from 50 feet to 30 feet thinking we will accept this. It is still UNACCEPTABLE, primarily because, in the case of Gold Base:

THIRTY FEET = ONE MILE !

I need to repeat this, because many people still don't understand what I'm talking about: Gold base is a large 700 acre property, with State Highway 79 going right through it. According to three maps I have, the total easement of Hwy 79 is 100 feet. There are no sidewalks on either side. Therefore, if we are forced to protest 30 feet away from the property line and scientology own both sides of the street, we are forced to picket in THE MIDDLE of the street. Since this is obviously dangerous, the sheriff will force us to picket past Sanderson to the north or the Golf Course to the south (approximately one mile away). This is how the ordinance is written.

Be sure to repeat that this ordinance will be fought in the California courts and well as the federal courts. Does Riverside county have the money to defend this ordinance ?

Please arrive at the board of supervisors early and leave late. Have your cameras ready. Last time I was there, I stayed about an hour later and saw Scientology lawyer Samuel Alhadeff in a conversation with a white bearded man that looked exactly like the man from the March LA protest that people identified as "This man has a gun". (picture attached) I didn't dare take a picture for risk of violating judge orders, but if you see this man, please take a picture. Be on a lookout for other PI's like Ed Richardson, Tacoma Terror and Charlie Egar (OSA, LA), all of which been seen that the Riverside City Hall.

Thanks for attending the previous events and hope to see you there on Tuesday morning.

ANONORANGE
  2. Haruhi Member

re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Um... thought you should know.

1 mile = 5280 feet
  3. Relyt Member

Wasn't it already 30 feet from the middle of the road? I thought the whole 50 feet thing was just an assumption by AO.
  4. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

for the ones going, a good point is to mention that we're not targeting the residentials, however the cult will say that we do every single time. How will the police be able to judge this?

The ordinance really doesn't apply and has enver applied because there was never a targeted picket. But alas, cult lies.
  5. re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Okay. When's the next hearing?

Bill says residential. Gold is mixed use. Any issue there?

Why is it so utterly impossible to get a REAL map of Gold and chart the off-limit areas that will occur if this is adopted?

Isn't it the county's job to do an impact study or something?

This is the zombie apocalypse of ant-protesting bills. Meh.
  6. azonymous Member

AGENDA

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2009

BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – COUNTY OF RIVERSIDE

1st FLOOR – COUNTY ADMINISTRATIVE CENTER

4080 Lemon Street, Riverside, Calif.

(Clerk 951-955-1060)

9:00 A.M.
  7. themadhair Member

People that should be getting the time (assuming they can make it):
    Graham and the Beard. they are by far the two most articulate speakers we have.

Scarf and Glib (I think?) were pretty good last time too.

Seriously – WTF??? How many times is this going to try and get squeaked through???
  8. xenubarb Member

Until the Scilons get their way. That's how they roll.
  9. themadhair Member

Suppose that, given enough tries and cult shenanigans, what are the options? I don’t think anybody wants to be the civil rights legal guinea pig should if come to that.

Is there a pro-active more preventative course of action here rather than being forced to continuously react to this?

I know that the protests really piss off the cult, but this much? I’m waffling here but can’t help feel we are missing something.
  10. AnotherMrPink Member

Put forth a motion for an ordinance that states the rights of protesters to allow them to protest as by the 1st amendment on any public property?
  11. Optimisticate Member

I think what AO means is that 30 feet from the middle of a 24' wide road cutting through the middle of the scientological hell hole means 30 feet outside of the ENTIRE property line, which puts you over 1 mile away from the little blue smurf shack at the front gate. So, in scilobabble, 30 feet = 1 mile or 5280 feet.

I think.

And...

PUBLIC EASEMENT IS PUBLIC EASEMENT IS PUBLIC EASEMENT. This can't be changed. They're trying to force the public off of publicly accessible property. Quite a bit of property it seems. The road and the easement do not belong to the scilons. The sheriff doesn't seem to understand that.

This needs a bit of viral pushing. This is the scilons stronghold. Comparisons to Waco, Ruby Ridge, WHAT-THE-FOOK-EVER need to be made and pushed to the media.
  12. Herro Member

Wait a minute, now the sheriff is supporting this? That's absolute bullshit. He doesn't want his officers to have to deal with the protests so he's going to take the lazy way out and support the fucking scilon ordinance to effectively quash protest. That is fucked up. Someone needs to tell that guy that it doesn't matter if they don't want to deal with it, using bullshit legal arguments to stifle free speech is just not right.

In the case that I have misinterpreted what is going on here, disregard. I suppose I should wait to hear the sheriff explain why he wants the ordinance before I condemn him.
  13. AnonLover Member

Question for Pope - any contact been made w/ local ACLU office to make them aware of this shitstorm? their appearance at next meeting would make one helluva counter to sheriff dept's collusion.
  14. TheBitch Member

If it's dangerous, show us how many $cientologists or protesters have been injured at protests. Seems pretty flimsy to me, just sayin.
  15. TomVorm Member

If the Riverside County Sheriff's Department is truly concerned about safety, there are numerous reasons to investigate Gold Base (unsafe practices, suspicious deaths, allegations of weapons hoarding, a shooting range onsite). If the County administration shares that concern, there are also numerous reasons to conduct investigations (like building code and usage violations).
  16. LilDebbie Member

are you kidding? yeah it's a pain in the ass, but each time they bring this up they give us a nice soapbox for graham to mount and ride til dawn. give 'em hell, guys!
  17. Anon Aleichem Member

I think AnonOrange got manhandled or something originally, but he might have used up his goodwill by getting arrested and making a mess of the court case against him.

AnonOrange: We love you and we love what you've done in the past and what you're doing now. That said, don't get arrested.
  18. xenubarb Member

Been picketing Gold since 2000 without incident. Large groups (10 people) small groups, never a problem with traffic.

In all that time, there has been one protester injured. He wasn't hit by a car, he was dogpiled by Scilon security.

That sheriff should be exposed. And where is the ACLU in all this???
  19. Relyt Member

Seems to be a rather difficult task to get the ACLU to care about anything the COS does. It would seem that they would rather take the "everything they do is their freedom of religion" stance.
  20. tazor Member

It can come down to this...if they pass the ordinance then anon just moves the protests into town. Maybe in front of city hall.

How would the city council like that?
  21. xenubarb Member

Gold is in "unincorporated Riverside County." Therefore it's a county issue. The Board of Supervisors have chosen to hand this off to the sheriff. Picketing the sheriff dept: prolly not a great idea.
  22. TomVorm Member

What would be helpful for potential attendees (who may not have time to wade through prior threads), would be a compilation of photos of the "main players" in this effort:
    Abelson, Aldaheff, and all the other COS operatives (including PI's like the "guy with a gun"). This is in response to the request for photos taken outside the courthouse.
  23. A.Non Hubbard Member

I believe that is a highly unlikely characterization of the ACLU were it thrust into a free speech vs freedom of religion issue.
  24. terryeo2 Member

There is no 'freedom of religion' issue here. No worship is being hindered.

This case is about a group of people that are trying to picket in front of a BUSINESS on the public easement, and Riverside County is trying to prevent that from taking place.

So, did anyone call ACLU yet? Harpoons?
  25. Relyt Member

I know it's not, but the ACLU may be afraid of the COS. No reason not to try, though.
  26. RightOn Member

Simply they want protestors out of there, and do not want ANY more attention brought to Gold Base. They want to keep their slave labor camp on the DL by all means possible.

Even though people protested it long ago...Scientology wasn't in the media as much as it is now and jewtube has done a number on Gold Base too.
    Silly Scilons think if it is out of sight .. it will be out of mind.

They are too used to having their own private little slave sanctuary out in the middle of nowhere with nobody bothering them so they can continue with the abuse and secrecy.

I think there is a lot more going on there, then we actually know about. Something on a much BIGGER scale. Just don't know what though.
    IMO I think it has alot to do with trafficking illegal aliens on a big scale.
  27. i'mglib Member

I have to say, this is a pretty clever handoff to the Sherrif by Jeff Stone. They can just say, This isn't about free speech or whether COS is or isn't a cult, it's a SAFETY issue.

Which begs the question, Then what does this have to do with picketing a residence? Aren't most residences on quiet streets? What does it have to do with picketing AT ALL? Why not pass an ordinance against walking on the highway, or whatever it is that's dangerous?

I think Jeff Stone is trying to play both sides now. He wants to appease the cult, but at the same time not look like he's been duped, or that he's against free speech. It's tricky.

I gotta say, it's getting kinda old driving to Riverside every month, but watchya gonna do? At least it's entertaining seeing the Scilons like Moxon and Catherine Fraser, and hearing Graham and others, and worrying about what AO is going to say, then being happily surprised when he pulls out a huge sign saying "David Miscavige hit Marc Headley". Keeps the ol' ticker ticking. Maybe Mark Bunker will come this time. That would be cool. If not, I have a backup speech. I'm accepting relevant quotes from the founding fathers if anyone has any good ones (thanks to Optimisticate for previous quotes).

Also, this is a good point:

Funny how no one can just point to the map and say, Here's where you can protest. Sidenote: another happy surprise AO pulled--taking out a map and handing it the the lawyers and saying, Show us.
  28. Deliveryman Member

29. 33755 Member

Sheriff is LAW ENFORCEMENT, not law maker. What the hell is the Sheriff doing getting involved in the legal end of it?

Question: Is Riverside Sheriff an appointed post, hired, or voted into office?
  30. xenubarb Member

Elected, on the "Sniff out Crime" platform...
  31. fotoanon Member

Good point.
  32. restim Member

tl;dr=AO is FOS. Details follow.

Where to begin.

Ordinance 884 was approved on Nov 25, 2008. See item 3.3. If nothing else happened, it would have become law thirty days later.

On Dec 9, 2008, something else happened. See item 3.8, in which it was "taken off calendar."

On Jan 6, 2009, a modified version of 884 was approved and 888, an "urgency" ordinance with immediate effect was also approved. See items 3.28 and 3.29. Note that staff were directed to produce a procedure to define areas where protestors could picket in compliance with 884.

On Jan 13, 2009, 884 was once again continued (See item 3.3). If you have not seen the video, watch from index 86 (scroll down and click on line 86).

You will see that the Board of Supervisors continued 884 specifically to obtain input from the sheriff's dept, and that Pete Labahn is not thrilled with the influence the cult and its legal whore Sam Alhadeff have exerted.

Also note that the continuance was moved by Supervisor Tavaglione, who had previously been blindly supportive of the ordinance. Supervisors Wilson and Buster already had reservations, and they voiced them strongly on the 13th.

On Feb 10, the urgency ordinance 888 was REPEALED by a 4-0 vote (Buster was not in attendance), without discussion.

To say that Labahn is now promoting the ordinance is just plain stupid. Labahn is reporting to the Board of Supervisors, as he was asked to do.

There is no reason to think Labahn is a cult stooge, nor is there any reason to think he is seeking favor with Supervisor Stone. So instead of suggesting that he is, I think people would be wise to raise the same issues already raised by Wilson and Buster if need be.

They have already pointed out that the ordinance does not generally apply to Gold Base.

They have already expressed concern that the cult will attempt to use the ordinance as a tool to harass picketers exercising their constitutional rights by complaining that picketers are in violation, even though it does not generally apply to Gold Base.

They have already pointed out that existing laws already provide the tools needed to protect the interests that this ordinance seeks to protect.

They have already expressed concern that a particular interest group (the cult and Alhadeff) are the driving force behind this.

The best advice AO gave was to cede speaking time to Graham Berry. Let's hope AO himself is the first to do this.
  33. LilDebbie Member

he's also a citizen. he can propose ordinances just like anyone else who lives in riverside.

but yeah i can't wait to hear his arguments as to how a bunch of internet dorks with signs are a threat to public safety.
  34. i'mglib Member

Restim, what you says makes a LOT of sense. Thanks for clearing this up.

I think you are right that the Sherrif is just giving his report, as you say. It's even possible that he will say that there have been several peaceful pickets in the last month and that nothing bad happened. Ya never know.

Lol, that's funny.
  35. Au Reida Member

I regard this as a win. CofS's opinion leader tactic doesn't work anymore. Time and money wasted even if Jeff Stone still works behind the scene - he's not in the face opinion leader anymore. CofS's lawfare doesn't work anymore - this case they are on the defensive, wasting so many resources to stop originally a few protesters. A few US lawsuits and the French trial coming.
  36. subgenius Member

Especially with the massive human and technological security they already have.
    Don't anyone ask why they had that way before anonymous came along. No, don't ask obvious questions. Just normal church business. Move along. Nothing to see here.
  37. Anonymous Member

Congressional Earmarks for the Co Sheriff.

$940K allocation to Riverside Co. Sheriff's dept for "Description: to address public safety and methamphetamine manufacturing, sale, and use in hot spots as authorized by section 754 of Public Law 109-177 and for other anti-methaphetamine-related activities "

Bill was sponsored by Mary Bono.
    http://earmarks.omb.gov/resources/2008_citations/citation_592.pdf
  38. subgenius Member

Nice find. Spreadin' that $cilon love around at taxpayer expense. (She's a $cilon)
    Subtle influence is subtle. You don't have to be a $cilon or directly in their pocket. You just need some bread that needs buttering.
  39. re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Close.

Bad road, yes. I think the speed limit there was about 50 mph. Plus there is a curve and trees that obstructed traffics view of us. Cars really flew down that road.

Sheriff providing traffic control? Nope.

They were out in force the day John and Ken did their show there. Other than that they usually had one cruiser parked down the road to observe us.

However we did get 2 overhead road lamps installed thanks to Bob Buster. That road is unlighted and to this day completely dark except in front of the child molester clown house.

I was out there daily for 8 1/2 months.

Google Maps
  40. j0eg0d Member

Why don't we just "adopt" that section of Highway 79 and claim we're cleaning up litter ^_^