Customize

Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by AngryGayPope1, Feb 20, 2009.

1. muldrake Member

re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Why not? They're the problem. You're going to be shafted by them anyway. It is becoming more and more clear that the core of the corruption in Rivercide is the crooked Sheriff's Department.
  2. Suzette Member

No, the 30 feet thing is kind of confusing. The property is a big rectangle with a road running down the middle of it. The public has the right to use that road, specifically, they have the right to a 100 feet wide strip running down the middle of the base. I'm not sure about the 100 feet, I guess it's debated, but that's the basic idea. That's where these guys protest.

Now if you weren't allowed to go within 30 feet of the property, that would be 30 feet of forbidden zone, then 40 feet, then another 30 feet of forbidden zone on the other side of the road. That 40 would be right in the middle of the road, where you obviously cannot protest.
  3. Optimisticate Member

Local citizens showing up for this "hearing" would be Good Thing.

Flyering local neighborhoods would be Good Thing.

I'm on opposite coast. How can I help other than continued poons?
  4. Anonymous Member

Considering the current economic situation in the state I would say that nearly a million dollars added to a county sheriff's dept budget is quite a windfall. Imagine how much loyalty to a cause that will buy. And the wording of the Bill is just vague enough that the sheriff could use those funds for this particular "project".

Would explain why he allows a child molestor to protest but has "public safety" issues with the anons. Yep, that sheriff has been bought.

He is an elected official, right? Sounds like a harpoon in the making folks.
  5. subgenius Member

Been brought up and shot down b4.
  6. subgenius Member

And he doesn't even have to use it on this project to return the favor, or, giving him the benefit of the doubt, be unconsciously biased.
  7. 3rdMan Member

the Sheriff may not be a cult stooge but he is being a fool for trying to get this pushed. Anyways, he is only the Sheriff and he is supposed to uphold the law; amongst of which are protecting Anons rights to protest. He can try push this but his word means nothing if the general public disapproves, and they do. As long as he doesn't let the politics interfere with his police ethic, I wouldn't worry much about him. Just keep speaking out against the bullshit.
  8. Optimisticate Member

Nah, sheriff's NEVER let politics interfere with their position.
  9. AngryGayPope1 Member

From Anonorange:

"Read the ordinance. He's confused with the easement that IS +/- 50 feet (100 total). I have three, county registered maps to prove that point. He's getting his info from Mark Howell [EDITED] who is desperately trying to prove the 30/60 feet measure is obsolete Caltrans maps. Caltrans no longer owns that road."
  10. AngryGayPope1 Member

Testing the limits - would you get arrested?

I'll go on the public record and say that I am willing to get arrested over this. And woe to the scilons who must deal with the legal repercussions of damaging my reputation or ability to get hired due to legal issues.

So far they have only prevented me from going to a certain area due to TRO. It doesn't really "damage" me. However, if they want to get caught damaging me and forcing me into a false arrest ---- cha ching!
  11. AngryGayPope1 Member

I see some loser has hacked my online name

Pathetic. I am obviously doing my job too well as the haters are out in force.
  12. subgenius Member

AGP you still owe someone a little legal kick in the ass for dox'in your med history...no?
    And I agree, if this cause ain't worth getting (falsely) arrested for, gtfo.
  13. subgenius Member

We should have an ignore button for all those who just want to ignore $cientology completely.
    Just sayin'
  14. reznik Member

I have wondered about this.

AGP, I may be wrong but there has seen to be an insistence that Scientology illegally accessed your medical history, whereas it seems that the most likely explanation is that the information was obtained through investigation and the loose lipped gossip of acquaintances.

Not to say what they did wasn't unethical.
  15. Anonymous Member

So is calling out the Bahamas the same thing as calling out the ACLU?
  16. Anonymous Member

Edit: Tactically I mean. Would it serve a purpose?
  17. exOT8Michael Member

Great idea!
    It is win.
  18. TomVorm Member

I don't know who Mark Howell is, or what's been edited out of the above quote, but at the very least we do know that at a minimum there is a 60-foot wide right-of-way (30 feet on either side of the original centerline) for that road - which goes back to a 1920's easement with the County (before it was ever a state highway). There is at least one reference, and maybe more, to a 100-foot wide right-of-way, that may be related to its later status as a state highway.

That apparent 100-foot right-of-way, is not the same 30 or 50-foot reference, that is in the proposed Riverside County ordinances 884 or 888.

I agree, a large-scale (blueprint-sized, color-highlighted) map showing the actual impact, of variations of numerical distances in the text of the proposed ordinances, could make the point more effectively (than either written or spoken testimony before the County Board of Supervisors). For an overworked politician, often mere sight will lend believability (as they often have problems on-the-spot, attempting a critical dissection of an analytical subject).
  19. Smurf Member

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend. Have to attend to an IME related to my being on disability. Sorry.
  20. TinyDancer Member

TomVorm is wise.

I keep wanting to see a clean diagram showing the different lines and the main buildings, gate, open area.
  21. TomVorm Member

Re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

It wouldn't be hard, to compose a general area map showing where the highway crosses Gold Base. But to have legal standing, more hard data is needed (such as measurements at several places, of the actual width of the highway). Ideally, this data would be collected and drawn, by a state-licensed surveyor.
  22. TomVorm Member

A peculiar history of State Highway 79, where it ran through Gold Base, is noted online:

Between the Ramona Expressway and Gilman Springs Road, the routing for Route 79 was changed in July 2002. The original routing ran along Gilman Spring Road and State Street between Ramona Expressway and the Gilman Spring Road/Sanderson Road junction. This was an aging conventional highway with predominantly non-standard shoulders, non-standard horizontal and vertical curves, and an accident rate more than double similar state freeways.

In 2002, this routing was relinquished in lieu of a new routing along Ramona Expressway and Sanderson Avenue. This new highway portion has a grade separated interchange and has recently been widened. The claim is that the new routing, in addition to being a better road, allows the property owners on the original routing to preseve the rural character of their area, while reducing vehicle speeds.

The background and proposal do not note the rumor that the original routing was a problem for the Church of Scientology, as the Gilman Springs routing runs through the Golden Era Studio operated by the Church. This rerouting was addressed by the CTC in July 2002, when it defined a new routing that ran from 08-Riv-79 PM 29.9/R33.9 in the City of San Jacinto, and PM 29.9 to PM 13.2 in the County of Riverside, and relinquished the segments from from PM 29.9 to 30.9, and from PM 30.5 to 33.4

It appears the routing ran longer along Gilman Springs Road than that. One 1955 map shows Route 79 as continuing along Gilman Springs Road from Sanderson/Lamb Canyon to Route 60 in Moreno. In 1964, that routing was transferred to Route 177, and deleted in 1965. Note that Gilman Springs Road used to be called Foothill Road. At some point, it was rerouted along Lamb Canyon Road to Route 10 near Beaumont.

The SAFETEA-LU act, enacted in August 2005 as the reauthorization of TEA-21, provided the following expenditures on or near this route:

High Priority Project #1421: Development and construction of improvements to Route 79 in the San Jacinto Valley. $2,400,000.

From: California Highways (www.cahighways.org): Routes 73 through 80
  23. Smurf Member

The ACLU is worthless on this matter. They have gone to bat FOR Scientology more times than I can count.
  24. Optimisticate Member

This is exactly what should be done, and Rivercide should be the ones to cough up the money for a 3rd party neutral surveyor.

Between 884 and 888, it's more than obvious that they have no frikking clue what the data is, and they're making up numbers. One thing about laws, regulations, and similar items that they can use against people when attempting to arrest, the data must be correct. If they pass anything that is incorrect, it can and most likely will be struck down by most higher (and lower) courts.

The problem will be to get the correct numbers out there to begin with. Rivercide is most likely going to try to make this AO's or even GB's problem when it is their own responsibility.

If each and every board member and sheriff cannot unequivocally state exactly what the measurements are, the entire board as well as sheriff's office should be questioned on their ability to uphold the measure and how they will uphold it if they themselves don't know what the f* is going on. It's time to make the shit flow uphill instead of downhill.
  25. TinyDancer Member

I'd be satisfied with a rough one to kick things off with.
  26. Re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Maybe, if they do pass the ordinance, and until its resolved, you could drive up and down the public road with signs on the top of your cars, magnetic signs on the sides of the cars with the guy fawkes mask imprinted on them, and playing "Never Want To Give You Up" on your speakers?

Just a thought...

ANonConFormist
  27. subgenius Member

But for the fact that it is the prosecutor's burden to prove that he was trespassing.
  28. kitfisto Member

Hmmmmmm , I think the Sheriff needs to understand who runs this . Not just on the webz anymore , if he wants another term I think he needs to understand that pandering to the cult will be the footbullet that leads him to the unemployment line . Picket this fucker when he runs for re-election .
  29. subgenius Member

Gold is a polling place.
    I wonder how many of the prisoners there are registered to vote. All that are eligible (plus) I would suspect.
    How conveeeenient.
  30. azonymous Member

^^^
    Very
    Exploitable?
  31. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Only if:

1. You can find number of votes cast for all supervisors/sherriff in Riverside Co.

2. Find population records for county.

3. Find out how many of the "residents" of Gold are listed as Calif residents. Since CoS and SeaOrg are "international" in scope, what state would their residence be listed as?

EDIT: I have found this:

And this:

So, IMHO, the entire compound falls under the "disabled" label, and is able to cast "e-ballots".

Still looking...
  32. anonymous9 Member

33. Haruhi Member

His real name was edited out.
  34. i'mglib Member

It looks like MARK BUNKER is coming to the meeting tomorrow, and I am giving him my 3 minutes. This should be GOOD.
  35. subgenius Member

36. subgenius Member

SOMEONE: Please make the point at the meeting that its absurd to even claim a need for regulations (especially when they impact constitutional rights) when THEY HAVE SECURITY TO RIVAL FORT KNOX. (sorry to yell) And if disturbing the residents with the protests is the basis, what about the "Gold Tone" blasted....that didn't disturb them?????
    And add a "duh".
  37. The Shadow Member

.....like Anon Orange DOESN'T have

inb4 irony
  38. AngryGayPope1 Member

[SIZE="4"]I'll be bringing pictures of our last raid their with the nasty spikes and such. Last time my "they don't need more security" speech was interrupted so I'll keep it short.[/SIZE]

fence_blades_fgnd_focus.jpg
  39. Obi-Wan-anon Member

And remind them that they are calling this a "residential area". Ask them if they would like to see this kind of spike on their next-door neighbor's fence.

Or if the molester that they protested could have had this type of fence to protect him.
  40. Re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Ugh the meeting is at 9AM tomorrow.

Do we have a contingent ready to go and make the case?