Customize

Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by AngryGayPope1, Feb 20, 2009.

1. SomeRandGuy Member

Re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

^^^ THIS needs to be mentioned.
  2. i'mglib Member

I would like to give a big THANKS to everyone working on this. Many hands make light work. There has been some excellent info here.

As an aside, what's great about this battle is that it's like a reality show that ANYONE can get involved with from the comfort of their own living-room/den/basement. And it's happening REAL TIME. You don't have to wait 6 weeks to find out what happened to LC and Kristen. It's like you are all there in a real life Law and Order episode.

Thanks again.
  3. subgenius Member

Probably it will pass, but you have to try. And legally, you have to build a record, even if you assume you're going to lose. Without a record, there's nothing to build on. On the record is also cool because it on the record.
    "Where would you be if you didn't try?
    So, if its not too late can I make that a .......cheezeburger"--Lyle Lovett
    Bobspeed to all who are going.
    glibby, any idea of a head count at this point???
  4. i'mglib Member

My guess is it will be the usual suspects, BUT the entire board of WWP and Anonymous will be there in spirit. Consider a nose scratching as a shoutout.
  5. subgenius Member

Darn.
    >9000 times 3 minutes = a long time I suppose.
    Will be watching for the nose scratch tech.
  6. Re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

I have been following the 888/884 story closely because it is truly gripping. As i'mglib says, it is like Law and Order. A real-life civics lesson, complete with corruption and everything.

So, barring some new surprise, tomorrow is the last day to go before the Board and speak about 884 as an agenda item. If you were able to appear and speak, would you:

- Bring up new ideas, hoping that one of them will be the one that turns the tide against the ordinance?

- Continue to speak about Gold Base abuses and other Co$ crimes in order to help expose them to the Board, local media, and the world at large?

- Provide further evidence of Board members' bias towards Co$?

- Give a summary of the statements against 884 that have been made in previous meetings (i.e. a kind of "closing arguments" speech)?

- Show up in fishnet stockings and high heels?

- Something else?

I'd like to know what people think would be the most effective method(s) to try to prevent passage of 884 (yes, a slim chance but we've got to try) and/or further the cause in general.

The intention is not to influence those who are speaking tomorrow -- they are individuals who are making sacrifices just to attend. They should and will speak whatever is on their mind. They are not our personal army, etc. Besides, it's a little late in the game to be doing any real strategizing on the interwebs. I'm mostly just curious to know what others think about it.
  7. Hartman5555 Member

While at the microphone here are two questions that should be asked of Mr Stone:
    1. The folder of info about anonymous that you originally used, who did you get that from?

2. Does your pharmacy sell vitamins and the like to gold base, and if so what is the approximate yearly dollar amount .
  8. subgenius Member

So much #1.
    Not so much #2, cause he'll say none, or he, as owner doesn't keep track, its privileged, etc....lead balloon.
    But #1 Definitely. Oh and add: And did you do any independent verification of its contents, and why not?
  9. RightOn Member

Yep..... I have been saying this in other posts a few days ago.
    I also PM'd Grant a few days ago. I thought it was important for him or someone to ask Stone about that black PR stuff that Stone received. WHEN did he get it. Was it a private meeting with COS? Was it sent to him by mail? And can he allow Anons to present their side to him??? and if not... then why not??
    Ask why he will only listen to one side if he declines.

He should watch the current arrest video of WBM and ask him if he agrees with the citizens arrest. And why the police were unaware that where the protestors were protesting was legal according to what was agreeded to only an hour prior.

I also suggested for him to watch the video of WBM getting fair gamed at his residence by Murnan (standing with a protest sign) some years back and all the people who got their neighboorhoods flyered.

Ask Stone why COS is so hell bent against people protesting at their BUSINESS when they have gone to people's residences themselves and have done far more damage. They also went to the Lake where AO lives and there is vid on that right?

It will show a history of harrassment by COS, and that this is what they are continuing to do.
    Also ask why the cops were ALREADY at Gold on three occassions. Why do they keep getting called out there? And how much is it costing the tax payers? Tell Stone there is footage of the cops being their BEFORE protestors show up. What are all these private meetings that Gold has with the cops?
    I know that everyone probably has already thought of all this crap, but I thought it should be repeated.
    So if I am running my mouth off sorry..... just say shut up
  10. Oswald2001 Member

IMO, there should be an independent third party investigation of Cult Flunky/Ho Stone and his use of that folder.

Otherwise, it is too easy for Cult Flunky/Ho Stone and his Smarmy Army to simply tell a bunch of lies and move on.

He could easily be nailed to the wall on this BS alone, but, he just keeps moving on and is never held accountable.

Saying or doing anything...in order to get what they want...while avoiding being held accountable is the hallmark of Cult Flunky/Ho Stone, his Smarmy Army and the Evil Space Alien Cult.

It is actually why most of their terror tactics and bambooslement BS are executed how they are.
  11. Re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

If last week's meeting is any indication, all such questions will get shot down as being not pertinent to the ordinance.

Stone changed his story and now claims that he was initially motivated to draft the ordinance based on an unspecified protest against a Mormon during the Prop 8 uproar (apparently not in Riverside County). This was a convenient lie that now allows him to deflect any questions or accusations relating to the Co$.

It appears that you can rant all you want about anything you want for 3 minutes if you sign up for the "public comments" period at the end of the meeting.

If there is any serious effort to block the passage of Ordinance 884, it will be by appealing to the common sense of Roy Wilson and Marion Ashley (Disclaimer: I didn't watch enough video to determine what Wilson and Ashley have or haven't said about the ordinance). Stone is a shill, Tavaglione appears to be somewhat of a Co$ sympathizer, and fabulous Bob Buster is firmly on the side of justice.
  12. Anonymous Member

I think it is important for someone to introduce maps so it can be entered exactly where protesting is allowed, or not, at Gold.

There was a thread devoted to that...
  13. RightOn Member

ok... it is quite possible that when these questions are asked that other people (Buster) ont he panel may say to Stone "I would like to hear the anwser to that"
    Can Graham or whomever meet with Stone at his office outside an ordinance hearing?
    Or can you meet with Buster? Maybe he would agree to review some videos.
  14. RightOn Member

Wish I can go to that damn hearing...
    over and out
  15. Re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

What would be really useful is to get a letter (with an annotated map) from the Riverside County Sheriff stating where one can protest legally. Carry a copy and present it to any deputy who questions your right to protest at a specific location. A cop doesn't have much reason to care what a board member or lawyer thinks, but he definitely cares what his superior officers think.

There would need to be two areas marked on the map: one where general protesting is allowed, and another showing where targeted residential picketing is allowed after 884 goes into effect.
  16. eddieVroom Member

^ THIS ^

and clarification on application of 884/888 to "mixed use" facilities, access to easements, clarification of property lines -- all relevant, and puts the onus on the county government to do a shitload of research and paperwork on OUR behalf. Try to get a commitment to delay implementation/enforcement until the county can authoritatively clarify these issues. Make sure the RCSD gets that info.

We can sink Stone another day. Stay on Target!
  17. parrotnut Member

Yep^...and WHY is this ordinance needed AT ALL since it (supposedly) applies to residences ONLY? Buster is the only one that is thinking logically about this bs.
  18. Oswald2001 Member

Buster is thinking logically and is HONEST about the ordinance.

Cult Flunky/Ho Stone and his Smarmy Army are also thinking logically and are DISHONEST about the ordinance.

Buster is looking at the ordinance on the basis of the value of the ordinance in terms of possible need (or not) and in the interest of public safety. That is logical and he is HONEST about it.

Cult Flunky/Ho Stone and his Smarmy Army (IMO) are looking at the ordinance in terms of currying favor with the Evil Space Alien Cult and in the interest of (hopefully) furthering their own sleazy little selfish ambitions using the $cilon money and political clout. That is logical and they are being DISHONEST about it.

Politicians tend to be sociopathic (if not complete sociopaths) and the 'small town back room underhanded' wranglings seen in Riverside are pretty much par for the course.

Buster appears to me, so far, to be an exception to the rule.

IMO, Cult Flunky/Ho Stone and his Smarmy Army are pretty much just being the sleazy scheming weasels as is common with small town politicians.

The money and clout appears to be, to the Smarmy Army, on the side of the $cilons and thus they are 'fellating' the Cult. I'm sure that the Cult has make it known that they will express their 'gratitude' for any assistance.

If they thought that Anons were on the winning side, they would switch in an instant.
  19. Smurf Member

Graham Berry has something very important to say tomorrow... he's got my 3 minutes...

Probably alot safer than my idea of running up to Jeff Stone & whacking him with some pansies. :)
  20. CantPickaName Member

It should be said that this ordanance should not pertain to Mixed-use properties
  21. AnonLawyer Member

Frisby vs. schultz Google it... very similar ordinance that happened a while ago at a different location... and was defeated.
  22. Optimisticate Member

So how much tax income is Rivercide trying to protect?

It's not like things of consequence, like nourishing food, are being purchased, so there goes the sales tax route unless they shop locally for their munitions and stereo speakers.

It's not like they pay anyone anything of consequence, so there go income taxes out the window as well. Populations seem to have an effect on government $$ distribution. What kind of population is Gold claiming to have and how much is Rivercide collecting for them? 500 people that don't exist could raise a tax base without anyone other than the Fed paying any hard cash.

Property/land use taxes?
    School taxes?
    Water/gas/power/utilities taxes?

But gosh, they're exempt from a lot of things. How does their presence in this county result in so many people defending them?

They seem to be desperately protecting some type of income. What exactly would that be other than a handsome check deposited in a brand new offshore account or a "donation" to an election campaign?

Also: a residence is a residence. This could have a ripple effect when all residences on mixed use property must be BOLDLY AND CLEARLY MARKED as a residence, pointing out exactly where people live on the property. :) I think that's reasonable.
  23. Obi-Wan-anon Member

On another thread, an issuue was brought up, specifically, the ability for an employer to block 911 calls:

So ask, if they're so concerned about the safety of the "residents" of Gold, why do they need the ability to block 911 calls from their compounds?
  24. subgenius Member

25. 12 hour nap Member

Someone should point out the difference between prudence and paranoia and ask them if an ordinance was passed based entirely on conjecture and innuendo, such as the present case, which of those two labels would fit.
  26. Optimisticate Member

So basically:

1. Scientology is an employer
    2. They "house" up to 500 "employees" in their compound (I need to remember to see what their W2 submissions look like)
    3. They have blocked 911 calls from those employees to the outside world. Instead, I believe, the calls are re-routed to a scilon pretending to be 911.
    4. None of the residents have any hope of ever reaching any type of authority to receive help.
    5. The only ones who can call for help are the ones giving every other "resident" more than valid reasons to need 911.

By going to the extreme hypocritical lengths Anons have witnessed, it seems that the board is terrified, along with the scilons, that some type of information involving one of the above will be publicly revealed.

I wonder how much personal integrity is selling for these days?
  27. restim Member

Meeting starts at 9:00 am according to the agenda. The 1:30 time on the webcast page is a typo that's been there for the last month.

For previous meetings, the live mms stream has been watchable directly using vlc, wmp, or something similar if the correct codecs are there. mms://65.49.32.147/live
  28. Optimisticate Member

/r/ play-by-play thread
  29. rummychick99 Member

Hmmm...are you really a lawyer?

The decision of the the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals was reversed by the Supreme Court. This is likely the case that Pam was referring to when she said the law had been upheld by the Supreme Court. The law in Frisby didn't allow picketing at all of a residential dwelling. However , one of the prongs in the test is ample alternative means for communication to protect the First Amendment right. The Supreme Court said there were ample alternative means.

In Scientology's case, I would argue there are no alternative ample means.
    They can't enter the neighborhood because it is a compound, they can't go door to door, they can't use the mail system, they can't telephone. .

The way that the attorney and the board keep trying to get away with this is to say that it doesn't effect Anonymous. Anonymous can protest up and down the road as long as they don't target a residence.

Anonymous has taken the bait by continuing to say that they don't target residential buildings so there is no need for the law and that it shouldn't apply because it is a mixed use area.

Someone needs to step up and indicate that there may be someone who wants to target a residence to try to save a life, even if it isn't Anonymous, and challenge the law ON AN AS APPLIED BASIS.

And as I have stated, the 30 feet requirement may be a problem for that property between the villas and the berthing areas. There are no sidewalks in that area so the ordinance does not provide a "safety zone" for the picketer. Even if there were sidewalks, how would you apply the law in this case. You want to target the Villas and the berthing area to try to save a life. Which sidewalk would you be allowed to walk on in your protest if they had sidewalks?

Think about it. A law that totally banned residential picketing:

"It is unlawful for any person to engage in picketing before or about the residence or dwelling of any individual in the Town of Brookfield."

was upheld by the Supreme Court, in part, because there were ample means of communication that protected the First Amendment rights of the protesters. You have to zone in on the ways that your rights aren't protected by this law....not by saying..hey don't pass the law..it doesn't apply to us anyway. Bob Buster is the only one buying that argument.

Look at the map. If someone wants to test the law once enacted and risk being arrested - that is the area where you will challenge it. No sidewalks so No "safe zone" to protest. . Is there a spot that is 30 feet away from property lines of the Villas and the Berthing area that is not in the road or so close to the road that you risk getting killed. The Board probably doesn't even know where the property line is....
  30. subgenius Member

Thanks, fix'd.
  31. AnotherMrPink Member

12:00pm- Eastern Time
    11:00am- Central Time
    10:00am- Mountain Time.

GMT - 5:00pm, for the rest of the world to figure out for themselves.

These council meeting make me look forward to Tuesdays.
  32. RightOn Member

THIS^
    This is some real juicy stuff here. Blocking 911 calls.?
    Maybe I didn't read everything , but what is their reason for blocked 911 calls exactly? Wether they have a rerouted system or not.What can be their reason from blocking EMPLOYEES from calling except for the obvious?
  33. Anonynamefag Member

Wait, Sea Org are being called employees now, and not religious volunteers?

Doesn't that make them entitled to minimum wage, insurance, health care, proper hours, and workplace protection?

I smell a footbullet in the making. Can't have it both ways, Scifags.
  34. rummychick99 Member

California Occupational Safety and Health Standards Board

"The Board is required to hold open public meetings at least monthly and to permit any person to address the Board on any matters of occupational safety or health or to propose new or revised standards. Petitions for standard changes will be evaluated by the Division of Occupational Safety and Health"

Another great opportunity for Anons in the area...and a possible way to bust this wide open.

March 19th there is one in Costa Mesa
    April 16 Sacramento
    may 21 San Diego
    June 18th Oakland
    July 16 Los Angeles

So many of you can participate if you have already been identified. I am not sure if you can give a fake name at the Board meeting.

Discussion of Petition 482- workplace access to 911

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/doshreg/FirstAid_11-3-06_AC_minutes.doc

Don't know the current status.

You can request anonymity

http://www.worksafe.org/images/contentEdit/docs/PROPOSED PETITION DECISION 482 Amended.pdf
  35. anonhuff Member

Here is the thread I posted about that topic, there are questions that need answered before you can leap to that conclusion.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/8-ed...going-911-calls-legality-blocking-them-40722/

Employers are allowed to block outgoing 911 in California, whether that is the case in Gold Base or not only ex-members that have "lived" there can answer. There is also the issue of any on-site inspections to verify it as it might be easily toggled (not familiar with phone system technology). Are phones even accessible to residents/employees/prisoners there? I'm thinking they aren't outside of a particular trusted circle and they probably use cell phones, but that is just conjecture.

More info on this subject is needed, but I think it's a valid point to bring up that if they are blocking access to outside 911 services, this particular employer has it's best interests served (based on ex-member statements and testimony) by blocking 911 not to provide better in-house emergency services, but to avoid any emergency services at all that the compound does not approve of.

It is frightening to think about if I was the person in the situation of realizing I was a prisoner surrounded by people, but physically unable to reach out to anybody for help without going to extreme lengths (such as what Marc Headley had to resort to, and even then if a random passing car had not witnessed something and called 911 he might still be held there). Extremely disturbing in my opinion.
  36. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Original post quoted an article (will post the link later), but the OP said, as long as they can show a capability to handle emergencies, they can "opt-out" (block) 911 calls from their buildings. Not sure if Gold really does block 911, but...
  37. Anonynamefag Member

Ahahahaha! Yes! We've got them this time, /b/rothers!

If they're actually calling Sea Org bona-fide employees and dropped the whole religious volunteer facade, then they've just given us the silver stake.

IMMEDIATELY COPY THIS RECORD. If they keep this story up, then they've given us irrefutable evidence straight form the horse's mouth that they are ignoring labor laws to harpoon to the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Department of Labor. Maybe immigration, too.

THAT IS MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF FINES, REVOCATIONS OF LICENSES, LEGAL FEES, AND DEPORTATIONS.

And almost certainly a big, ugly black mark on their tax exemption. This was a fucking foot-nuke. WE'VE GOT THEM THIS TIME.
  38. basil Member

Do they have trained first aiders on staff, and adequate medical facilities to cope with even everyday incidents rather than big ones? I very much doubt it. "Touch assists" and auditing are no substitute for medicine, regardless of how they view it. I'm sure there's some law against withholding medical treatment from someone.

Do they have fire hydrants, fire trucks, fire hoses, meeting points etc set up as per current legislation? I very much doubt it. The health and safety implications are huge.
  39. AnotherMrPink Member

CoS will do what they always do. Say they are employees when needed, say they are religious volunteers when needed. Key is to get video of them saying both things so either can be used against them when they are trying to argue one way or the other.
  40. rummychick99 Member

Very good points. Prisoner #12345 sees a fire. He can't call 911. He calls whoever they are told to call. Does Scientology have the equipment to handle it or does that person in turn call 911. Are only a select few given 911 capability and is that legal?

My hunch is that 911 is blocked. These people are prisoners. They don't want them calling 911.

This avenue of attack is a good one.

At the very least, it could be brought up at a meeting in front of the County Board of Supervisors as a concern.