Customize

Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by AngryGayPope1, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Herro Member

Re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Uhhh, shouldn't you actually find out whether or not gold blocks 911 calls before going forward? Just saying.
  2. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Catherine Frasier is a resident of Gold. Ask her if a resident can call 911 from ANY Gold phone, and be connected to "off-compound" authorities...
  3. Herro Member

This sounds bogus to me. But, if this is actually going on and several former residents of gold can confirm it, you can do some damage. Get those former residents to attest to the fact that 911 calls are in fact blocked at gold. Take it to OSHA. Complaints from a few former residents should be enough to get OSHA to ask around gold- which would cause the CoS to shit a brick or two.

Still, doesn't seem like this will produce much. There's a bunch of ways for the CoS to slip around this. Worth a try I guess. But still, you have to find out whether or not 911 calls are being blocked before you decide to go forward. That's priority 1.
  4. RightOn Member

I had to delete what was here
    it was the wrong police department. sorry! Thanks to Anonymoustache for pointing it out.
  5. Re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Many people have confused Riverside the city with Riverside the county. Riverside is a city within Riverside County.

The Riverside Police Department (RPD) is the city's law enforcement agency, the Riverside County Sheriff's Department (RCSD) is the county's law enforcement agency. RPD officers would never get or respond to a call in Gilman Hot Springs. That's RCSD's territory.
  6. RightOn Member

Oh crap, sorry..... was trying to digg.
    I will delete
  7. muldrake Member

Think a bloc of captive voters who will do whatever they're told, as they line up to vote identical ballots at a voting machine located cozily inside the cult compound itself.
  8. muldrake Member

It should be noted that Frisby v. Schultz involved a facial challenge, i.e. a challenge that the statute could not possibly be interpreted as constitutional under any circumstances, or was so overbroad that citizens are unsure of what is actually prohibited, and that therefore, the entire statute has to be chucked out the window for violating the First Amendment. (My personal opinion is the Court is simply wrong and the ordinance is facially invalid. The only two Justices who agree with this, though, are Brennan and Marshall, at the time, the most liberal justices on the bench.)

However, this doesn't mean that the game was over after Frisby v. Schultz. The statute in question couldn't be applied willy nilly to any kind of protesting that happened to occur near a residence. It had to be interpreted in a way that did not violate the First Amendment.

For instance:

The Court also stated that the statute could not be interpreted as prohibiting any form of picketing in a residential neighborhood at all, simply because it happened to pass within some distance of a targeted residence. The Court's decision did not allow the ordinance to create some sort of impenetrable wall of illegality, where by merely crossing a line, the picketers became criminals instantly. The statute had to be interpreted as preventing only the particularly offensive conduct in question, i.e. picketing in some way directly attacking the residence and its inhabitants. One imagines that to violate the ordinance as interpreted by the Court, picketers would have to target a residence and remain right in front of it for significant periods of time, giving the inhabitants no peace. Things that would not violate the ordinance, however:

It should also be noted that many states protect free speech to a higher standard than the First Amendment. In those states, a state law prohibiting residential picketing would not merely have to satisfy the standard articulated in Frisby v. Schultz and its progeny, but whatever the state constitution provides as well.

In this case, it's possible the statute in question here passes constitutional muster under the First Amendment and under the California Constitution's free speech guarantee. However, it's what the county actually does with the statute that might be unconstitutional. For instance, the dicta (i.e. nonbinding language) in Frisby v. Schultz suggesting that prohibiting picketing a residence also used as a business is unconstitutional are somewhat encouraging (although a lower court is probably not obliged to follow this language). I personally think such an application is clearly unconstitutional but I'm a First Amendment fanatic.

However, unlike the facial challenge issue where my viewpoint lost 7-2 in Frisby v. Schultz, I think a majority of even the current Supreme Court would agree with my opinion on that specific issue. Any appeals court in California probably also would. That's more important since that's likely as far as it would get.
  9. azonymous Member

Regarding captive voters, hmmm
    note this last agenda item

AGENDA

16.3 REGISTRAR OF VOTERS: Operational Review of Ballot Handling Processes. (4/5 vote required)
  10. 33755 Member

DBAs (doing business as)

Riverside County (Online Services • Fictitious Business Name Search • Riverside County Assessor-County Clerk-Recorder)
    has an entry for:
    Business Name: GOLDEN ERA PRODUCTIONS VOLUNTEER FIRE BRIGADE
    Registrant name: CHURCH OD SCIENTOLOGY INTERTNATIONAL (sic)
    FILE NUMBER R-200506671
    File Date: 5/24/2005
    Expiration Date: 5/24/2010
    Type: A Corporation

Also found in Riverside County:
    FILE NUMBER R-200413765
    Business Name: CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER FIRE BRIGADE
    Registrant Name: CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY INTERNATIONAL
    File Date: 11/24/2004
    Expiration Date: 11/24/2009
    Type: A Corporation
  11. Re: Riverside Sheriff now trying to stop gold base protests!

Close your eyes for a moment and pretend along with me.
    Are they closed yet? Good. Keep reading.

Let's say there is a detention facility, a prison or jail of sorts. Such facility may consist of some number of buildings within a tall spiked fence with motion sensors and cameras. Okay so far?
    Now, suppose an inmate or resident or religious volunteer or employee as the case may be smells smoke and sees a fire. They call 911 which is routed by the PBX to the guards, watch commaders, or whomever confirms the emergency. Then they contact appropriate outside emergency responders if necessary, coordinate the opening of gates, and guiding the emergency responders to the affected building(s) within the secure compound or campus.

Yes, this could happen on a campus too. such as university or whatnot. Campus security intercepts 911 calls and coordinates easy access to the affected building by the emergency responders.

the main difference at gold base being it is Danny who intercepts the 911 calls and we know how incompetent he is. There is no way he could open the gate and give a fire company directions to the correct dungeon
  12. eddieVroom Member

Doesn't matter -- go with the shotgun offense IMO. It works for the clams...

180 that shit!
  13. eddieVroom Member

yeah, y'know, a friend of mine (in wisconsin) recently completed a grand total of TWO civil service exams to qualify as an election supervisor -- STATEWIDE.

I don't know if Cal req's are similar, but probably so. All we need is ONE Anon with the cert to go in and inspect the poll location(s).