Customize

Riverside Supervisors meeting - Feb 10, 2009

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by restim, Feb 7, 2009.

1. restim Member

Riverside Supervisors meeting - Feb 10, 2009

The AGENDA for Tuesday's meeting has been posted.

Bold is in the original. I have no idea which department is recommending another continuance, or what the reasons might be.

edit: Only saw this long after OP

2. PAnonA Member

Re: Riverside Supervisors meeting - Feb 10, 2009

Interesting..
  3. TomVorm Member

Possible COS trick
  4. Oswald2001 Member

Riverside is still kind of a 'small town' kinda place.

Small town with small town shenanigans and small town corruption.

The offending legislation was a sleazy affair and a pretty text book case of 'small town' style corruption.

Now that there is reporting from the LA Times, Television coverage and the International spotlight courtesy of Anonymous...the whole world (literally) can put little ole' Riverside under the Corruption Microscope.

They done got caught with their pants down.

All because of Anonymous.

The more the world looks at the ridiculosity of the Riveside council meetings, the more Riverside is revealed to be what it is to the...whole...wide...world.

Especially the tactics of the smarmy double talking sold out weasley Cult Goon Stone.

Does Riverside really need to be associated with, let alone represented by, a smarmy double talking sold out weasley Cult Goon like Stone?

I mean, in front of the...whole...wide...world?

Eeeewwww....

All IMO, of course.
  5. Smurf Member

The department refers to the Riverside County Sheriff's Department who was originally expected to provide an investigative report to the Supervisors on Feb 10 on their recommendations on handling peaceful protests at Gold.

Obviously, they are not ready to provide the report yet, and the Supervisors won't take any action until they hear back from the RCSD.
  6. TinyDancer Member

I wonder if they're waiting for an outcome on the AO case?
  7. mnql1 Member

8. restim Member

edit:

Just noticed this on the agenda!

original post:

Thanks for the info, Smurf. Another question.

Do the ongoing delays and waffling over 884 have any effect on whether or not 888 (the "urgency" version of 884, which has been passed and is now law if I understand things correctly) will be enforced? Or is that purely law enforcement discretion now?
  9. xenubarb Member

Police dogs ate their homework?
  10. Smurf Member

The "urgency" ordinance was suspended until Feb 10 when the RCSD was to return with a report, now delayed to March 10.

Until March 10, anons are free to protest Gold anywhere they want (except on their property). At last month's raid, a number of us filmed in front of the residences which was legal and remains so, because of the ordinance suspension.
  11. restim Member

What do you make of County Counsel moving to repeal the "urgency" ordinance, which is [strike]cult stooge[/strike] Chairman Stone's baby?

Is this the beginning of a mutiny?
  12. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

So does this mean there will be anons and critics speaking or not?

because that's all i care about seeing... and Scilon footbullets.
  13. Smurf Member

On March 10, there will be same people that attended the prior meetings, showing up, including U-no-who.

Anonymous needs to start a travel fund to fly your ass back to SoCal, Hombre. We are missing you. I know a lawyer who reaaaalllyy misses you.. :p
  14. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

^ You know, it's comments like these that I'm never quite sure how to reply to.

So I guess we'll have to wait all the way till March to get some good ol' debating, laughing, facepalming, etc. Oh well, AO's trial should provide while we wait :p
  15. Optimisticate Member

Continuance recommended for Feb 24 now instead of March 10:

And this is also on the agenda:

Updates? Anyone go? Any play by plays?

Edit: here's something interesting at the bottom of the agenda

CSAC needs pooning?
  16. mnql1 Member

Video of this morning's Supervisors meeting is already available at
    http://bosvideo.co.riverside.ca.us/ppportal/agenda/webcast.aspx
    At time 12:05 in the video, the Clerk of the Board announces that item 3.3 is continued until Feb. 24, so Ordinance 884 was not discussed.

When the time came for oral communications from the audience on matters not on the agenda, the same two free speech advocates who spoke first about Ordinance 884 on Jan. 13 decided not to speak today and to return on Feb. 24.

The topic most discussed was the discrepancy between federal and state law regarding access to medical marijuana. Several people who suffer because they can't get or grow marijuana legally or have been arrested spoke out and there were some tense moments. One man who has been arrested more than once addressed Supervisor Stone angrily at time 1:05:15. Holding a hardcover copy of the Constitution of the United States (time 1:05:41), he said, "I read in the paper that Jeff Stone wanted to stop protesters out in front of his religious place." Supervisor Stone replied, "That's totally inaccurate, it's in front of residential areas." The speaker then brandished the Constitution and went on to say that Jeff Stone should read it, but he was referring to the medical marijuana issue. There was no further reference to Ordinance 884 this morning.
  17. themadhair Member

I think WMB is going to be there too. Should be interesting given that he actually had his house picketed.

Now, if only there where a way to have AO donate his three minutes....
  18. 0815 Member

^^^This

tomorrow is AO next date with the Judge and I hope he does not mess up AGAIN.
  19. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

I say everyone donate time to let WBM and GB speak
  20. Graham Berry Member

We all need to man the harpoons again with emails and faxes educating the Supervisors as to the real nature of Gold Base and that the status quo must be preserved as to the scope of picketing at Gold Base.

I'll be working on mine soon.

Graham
  21. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

^ Will you attend the 24th then? :)
  22. Ogsonofgroo Member

LOLOLOLOL!
    Thanks, I needed that! *wipes off da monitor*....*pours new cocktail*
    *changes shirt*...
    Lolololol-schnerffle-lolol!

:)

On a side note, I hope there are people out there approaching the locals and pointing this whole fiasco out to them, liek local papers etc. etc.(info/links), I think thats important, hell, they haven't bought off the whole region yet have they?
    IMO Stone didn't just get caught with his pants down, he got caught with a BIG ol' homegrown DM carrot shoved in, deep, dark, schmelly places. :(

I go nao.
  23. firebug Member

Strangely Jeff Stone is in favour of medical marijuana

24. Smurf Member

Graham & myself will attend and I will be giving my precious 3 minutes to Graham or Mark Bunker (whoever pays me the most). jk