Customize

Ron Paul

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hoyelu, Aug 14, 2011.

1. naveman Member

2. SOJOA Member

The problem with research spending is after we blow billions, the laws the US has and the knowledge already attained, is ignored. Sooooo wtf invest more research into half of the industries listed if we then cast it all aside?!?!?!?

I agree with him.

Its like cancer research. Even if they found a cure, which Im sure they have already, why release it? Because there is way way too much money in research and too many people employed by the whole cancer issue it would crash the eco again overnight.

Sooo....why spend money on research we never use or act on?
    • Like Like x 3
  3. SOJOA Member

Another thing that bothers me with the Ron Paul agruement is how he wants to stay out of foreign affairs and stick to issues here at home and ignore the rest of the world....to an extent. Then get rid of the agencies that interfer to a determental issue on our everyday lives.

I look at his agruement like this.

You live your life. Watch certain TV shows or play certain games or use drugs, alcohol or womanize or whore around or whatever. Now imagine your neighbor or someone 4 streets down knocking on your door and saying hey, cut the shit and stop doing these things.....you would be fucking pissed. Then you didnt listen and kept living your life then that neighborhood pooled money together from other people blackballing you and walking in with a bunch of people with weapons to forcefully or to make it very clear you HAD to change what you were doing.......now what.

No one would like that....no one here would ever imagine someone violating their personal privacy or space like that.

But yet, Ron Pauls statements on not violating others national sovereingties and being a true laissez faire "hands off" government scares and upsets people.

WTF is wrong with you people........
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Anonymous Member

And the government does it any different how? They work hand in hand with the pharmaceutical companies to outlaw anything that anyone else can use without paying them. Like marijuana...ect.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. lulzgasm Member

The irony is that RP has never stated he was opposed to us going into WWII, he even uses WWII as a reference of how a constitutional war declaration is supposed to be done. He has, however, stated that our involvement in WWI was what lead to WWII, which is what many historians today agree. I love how people try to make something obvious and sensible into some sort of sensationalized drama.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. lulzgasm Member

Government schools. I should know, I used to be a victim of one.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. lulzgasm Member

Fuck. I still support the IRA. At least they have the personal experiences to understand why Hamas does what it does. And, they know how the propaganda game got played on them, so why wouldn't they think the same is being done on Hamas?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. naveman Member

Listen to the story of how the repub. party tryed to put the fix in on the election
  9. lulzgasm Member

My fav part is how the establishment's plan for Mitt ended up backfiring because the Paulites were prepared this time around. Hehehehehehehehe.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. naveman Member

Yes I love it I love it let me count the ways 1zillllllllllion
    • Like Like x 1
  11. naveman Member

12. naveman Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. naveman Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. naveman Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. naveman Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. AMoniker Member

I absolutely support Ron Paul. He wants to give people much of their freedoms back, he wants to cut the unnecessary expenditures and bring America to a point that it's economy can heal, and it can recognize a time of peace that it hasn't known in too long a time. No, we won't completely cut ourselves off from world affairs. That is foolish, and any nation wishing to be a nation needs to have good relations with the global community. America doesn't have that right now. We know that. It isn't popular. It's viewed as arrogant, world policing and obese.

It is time for America to say, "Hey, we need to focus on ourselves for awhile. Only when we are at full health will we be a benefit to the whole world."

And I feel Ron Paul is the candidate who is most likely to achieve that. He has said he will grant Presidential Pardon to all non-violent drug related prisoners. What are the Federal police going to do to keep non-violent drug users in prison when the President can and will just Pardon them? Congress cannot interfere with a Presidential Pardon. I bet they'll try to change that if Ron Paul gets into office. He wants to legalize hemp and marijuana, an industry that can bring in billions, easily. It will create massive amounts of jobs, and will keep those who have no reason for being in prison from being in prison. It will also eliminate this costly and ineffective war on drugs, while taking business from the illegal and untrustworthy dealers. The dealers who spike, lace or sell impure versions of the marijuana/drugs.

Ron Paul isn't perfect. No one is. However, change doesn't come abruptly, and we are a nation growing. He's the only one who can set us back on the right path. Any other candidate will either maintain the status quo or push us into full out Depression. Some people claim we are already in a Depression, and they may be right.

I love my country, and I'm a former soldier/VFW. I will support Ron Paul, absolutely.
    • Like Like x 5
  17. naveman Member

I am also a vet. and agree with every thing you have said.
    • Like Like x 4
  18. I don't see how Ron Paul could be any worse than Obama. I mean shit he said he wasn't going after marijuana...what's he going to flip flop on next?
    • Like Like x 2
  19. lulzgasm Member

• Like Like x 2
  20. naveman Member

New check Ron is winning
  21. naveman Member

• Like Like x 1
  22. naveman Member

• Like Like x 1
  23. naveman Member

24. naveman Member

25. On a positive note it looks like Ron Paul is teaming up with Ralph Nader to End The FED and fight corporations hold on how our government functions.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2011-01-20/ron-paul-and-ralph-nader-a-libertarian-progressive-alliance/

Judge Napolitano: Ralph, to you first. You have recently said that Congressman Paul and the Tea Party Republicans are different than the other Republicans in the Congress. What do you mean by that?
    Ralph Nader: To the extent that they are genuine libertarian conservatives and not corporatists—corporatists believe in corporate government—they are great allies with many liberals and progressives to challenge the bloated, wasteful military budget, to challenge undeclared wars overseas, to challenge hundreds of billions of dollars in corporate welfare, handouts, giveaways, bailouts, to challenge the invasiveness of our civil liberties and civil rights by the notorious PATRIOT Act, to challenge the sovereignty-shredding, job-destroying NAFTA and World Trade Organization Agreements—and also, too, the first victory will be a powerful whistleblower bill, that libertarian conservatives and liberals and progressives in the Congress almost got through last year, to let government employees ethically blow the whistle on corporate rapaciousness and contracts and government misdeeds. Just think of that agenda for a dynamic political force!

There's a real chance for something positive to happen here.

http://mises.org/Community/blogs/to...r-build-bridges-at-judge-napolitano-39-s.aspx
    • Like Like x 2
  26. adhocrat Member

27. I saw them both together being interviewed on fox news(hey I was flipping through channels) the same day I posted that last article. As far as I know they started talking last year and they are still working together. Here is a recent article about it: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/...er-agree-on-progressive-libertarian-alliance/

However, on Wednesday’s broadcast of Freedom Watch on the Fox Business channel, Judge Napolitano sat down for an amiable interview with Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) and Ralph Nader to discuss a progressive-libertarian alliance in the 112th session of respective chambers in Congress.
    Nader, who has recently called this coalition “the most exciting new political dynamic” in the US today, explained that it works well because both groups stand against corporatists who believe government should be run in the interests of corporations.

I still have hope this will do something positive.
    • Like Like x 1

28. Ron Paul points out to John King, "I am second in delegates" and John King later acknowledges this to Anderson Cooper and the CNN audience. So, how come MSNBC, CBS NEWS and Associated Press all show Ron Paul DEAD LAST in delegates
  29. lulzgasm Member

I think we know why....
    Sucks to see just how fully owned the MSM actually is, doesn't it?
    • Like Like x 1
  30. lulzgasm Member

Ralph Nader is a bit of a leftist, but he's an honest and sincere one. That's what makes him and Dennis Kucinich such good allies. You might not agree with everything they say, but you at least know they can be trusted. Like Ron Paul, they're not politicians, they're statesmen.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Bruce D. Member

I think you are right on that.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Bruce D. Member

I noticed some posts on the Tea Party so I took the time to look up what they endorse.
    Wikipedia
    "The Tea Party movement (TPM) is an American populist[1][2][3] political movement that is generally recognized as conservative and libertarian,[4] and has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since 2009.[5][6][7] It endorses reduced government spending,[8][9] opposition to taxation in varying degrees,[9] reduction of the national debt and federal budget deficit,[8] and adherence to an originalist interpretation of the United States Constitution"
    • Like Like x 1
  33. I didn't see racism on there though.
  34. Bruce D. Member

Racism has evolved into a code word for liberals which has come to mean a lack of ideas.
  35. Anonymous Member

Why don't you just call them sluts?
    • Like Like x 2
  36. thank you "Bruce D." Very enlightening.
  37. Bruce D. Member

The idea behind this political ploy is that if your views are different then there is something wrong with that and something wrong with you. Facts become irrelevant. When logic breaks down use mockery, ridicule, and name calling to opposite the position. It doesn't have to be true. Just saying it over and over again gives it the same sting as if it were true for those who are not giving the subject a close enough inspection.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. grebe Member

Agreed.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. lulzgasm Member

In my time I've met racists of all stripes and colors, and not all of them were Republican, either.