Customize

Ron Savelo DMCA again.

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by ARC, May 21, 2009.

1. mongrel Member

Re: Ron Savelo DMCA again.

True. Establishing a pattern of repeated abusive behavior strengthens your case (see Wiki B&hammer). Unfortunately, for us anyway, youtube is a business and Co$ money speaks loudly.
  2. Anonymous Member

How do we know Wikipedia didn't receive hush money, either? I think that eventually, there's a line to be crossed.
  3. mrfyde Member

wut ?

(please don't answer)
  4. mongrel Member

We don't know. But the simplest explanation is the fact that Co$ already pays jewtube for their channel. We don't need conspiracy theories to explain why a business would take sides. They write a check. We don't.

There's far too much tinfoilhattery around here lately.
  5. Anonymous Member

I never said there was a conspiracy theory, but you're right, the fact that Co$ pays Jewtube money is the only logical explanation, otherwise they'd most likely have been b&hammered a long time ago for abusing DMCA.

But you'd think that the checks could only go so far in making Co$ exempt from the rules.
  6. Anonymous Member

It is not the CoS accounts that are flagging videos. They are independent operators as far as things appear. They are independent operators like Ron Savelo who seems to be the only person on earth who can make money off of CoS's customers and not get hassled for it. I wonder how that works ??? Axiom 10 productions Inc is not even a registered front group as far as I've been able tell.
  7. Anonymous Member

Is it a member of WISE?
  8. Anonymous Member

Well so is every business owned by a Scilon business person. WISE is to get money out of businesses instead of people but basically the same thing as Scientology.
  9. Anonymous Member

In other words, not enough to connect them. Damn.
  10. JohnnyRUClear Member

Don't you mean a conspiracy?
  11. Anonymous Member

Scilons paying people to host their shit is nothing new. I was wondering if it's possible for the Scilons to cross the line in their special deals by abusing DMCA, but if there's nothing to link people like Ollie and Ron Savelo to the cult...
  12. Anonymous Member

anyone else get shit pulled?

arc, have you heard back from EFF?
  13. Silent Member

*blimp*
  14. ARC Member

I've heard back form YouTube.

Their message reads, in part:

Attached was a signed application form for the Content Verification Program, dated July 31st 2008, signed by Ronald Savelo on behalf of the Freedom Magazine TV account, using Axiom 10 Productions as the company name. I have forwarded it to the EFF.
  15. LilDebbie Member

does it have the delicious words I DECLARE UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY on it above his signature?
  16. ARC Member

Not on the faxed form, no. But before he gets to fax the form, he has to check a box saying "I acknowledge that under Section 512(f) any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages."

The form also says on the top:

I do not know if the warning against perjury comes up when you submit actual claims, or not. My understanding is that he would still be subject to perjury charges, but if there was no reference made to it he might try to ask the judge to go easy on him since he didn't think it was treated as perjury?
  17. Anonymous Member

ARC, can you forward this to me? Thanks in advance
  18. Anonymous Member

THIS PLEASES US WELL.
  19. ARC Member

I'm sorry, but beyond forwarding it to the EFF, I don't really want to post the whole thing in public or give it to just anybody. At least not yet. If you have a specific reason for needing it, please send me a PM.
  20. Ramona Member

SAVELO BANHAMMERED!!!

One of his accounts, anyway.

My YouTube account was removed because of Ron Savelo's lies 3 months ago. Suddenly it's back.
    YouTube - meowmacao's Channel

NOW WHAT!

It seems to me that although Savelo's "Freedom Magazine" and "Business Wise" accounts are still on YouTube, his "Axiom 10" account (where he had all his "Anatomy of the Human Mind" videos, and from which he filed most of his DMCAs) is gone.
  21. Scatman Member

Re: Ron Savelo - scilon failfag

Great Justice!
  22. Anonymous Member

23. JMBrandon Member

24. Anonynamefag Member

And here I was thinking $cilonTube wouldn't do a damn thing about this.

Win.
  25. Ramona Member

I learned of this because Ron came to my blog, looking for answers.

21es3a0.jpg
  26. tazor Member

LOL How's it feel, Ron?
  27. Old Shadow Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA RON YOU DUMB FUCK!!! HOW DOES IT FEEL, BITCH?!!
  28. Re: Ron Savelo DMCA again.

This glorious news deserves its own thread!
  29. Anonymous Member

Must not be very fun when he's the one getting kicked off of YouTube.
  30. Re: Ron Savelo DMCA again.

We should flood YouTube HQ telling them about his other accounts.
  31. Shinythings Member

Yeap. Specially if he used those to remove other videos. It would be cool if we can get multibanhammer on him. Gangbangban anyone?
  32. Anonymous Member

33. Anonymous Member

Hey, wasn't there some video made by shawn lonsdale which Savelo particulary hated? what about we use it as bait, upload it to some of the newly restored YT accounts and wait for the fucker to bite?
  34. Anonymous Member

Doesn't YT scan for sock accounts using the offender's IP number?
  35. Re: Ron Savelo DMCA again.

I hope not. I'd lose 30 overnight :)
  36. caekanon Member

My opinion? I'm not celebrating that a scilon's account was b& from youtube. I really don't think anybody's account should be banned or censored, ever. The more people that see the sci's idiocy for what they make of it the better for our cause really. I say let them all stay up and let them footbullet themselves so we save our own harpoons.
  37. Anonypeg Member

When a scilon's account gets suspended, it means their personal information tied to the account gets recognized to YouTube as a false DMCAer, so their account being suspended effectively neuters this power. That alone is worth celebrating.
  38. Legion Member

^This. It's fine for them to have their bullshit on youtube. But to blatantly abuse of DMCA to censor us, that's where the line is drawn. FUCK SAVELO HAHAHAHA SHITBAG ASS SUCKER! HAHAHA
  39. ARC Member

Banned Ron Savelo accounts:
    "ronsavelo"
    "FreedomMagazineTV" <-- This is the one he used to join the Content Verification Program

Still active Ron Savelo accounts:
    "freedommagtv" <-- The old Freedom Magazine account
    "scientologytvshow"
    "BusinessWiseTV"