Customize

Ron Savelo DMCA

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by A.Non Hubbard, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Re: Ron Savelo DMCA

Did this just happen today ? And did you have name yourself ? and how long did the process take ?
  2. Anonymous Member

This is what needs to be done every single time!

If you post anonymously here, he can't even connect it to your user name here, and he won't know anything about you except you're just another critic out of 9000+

Do this! En Masse!
  3. LilDebbie Member

big ups for filing that counter-claim. now follow up by demanding a copy of ron's original claim. here's the copypasta of the relevant part of the DMCA Section 512(h):

tl;dr - you need to submit the request via your local us court clerk. sorry. but i couldn't find any template subpoenas on google. does a nice anonymous lawfag want to write one up plz kthnx!

addendum: if they give you any shit about "infringement", remind them that falsely claiming ownership of your copyrighted materials - which ronny boy did when he filed his claim - is infringing on your rights as a copyright owner.
  4. Anonymous Member

Even though I was accused of being OSA by this user ^^ I support their post.

:)
  5. LilDebbie Member

funny, you weren't supporting the content of the post in your earlier comments.
  6. Silent Member

Stop bawwing, no one cares what any of you said, thought, are or meant.

Only thing that matters is what you do now.
  7. ARC Member

This. (What Silent said.)
  8. Sponge Member

So, if Savelo gets a certain number of counternotices followed by his retraction of DMCA claim then does he automatically get his youtube account banned?
  9. SpunkyMonkey Member

Yes. My video was reinstated today. I filed the counter-DMCA on the 21st, so it only took 6 days to go through.

I did namefag myself, but as I have fuck-all to hide from that whiney space-bastard, and I did nothing wrong; fuck him!

He did send me an email today, with my address info listed. I quote:

"Subject: gotcha!

I have your data now. Thanks!"
  10. LilDebbie Member

forward that email to the FBI while yer at it with an explanation of using the DMCA to phish data for fair game actions.

addendum: also youtube. not that they'll do anything about it, but when it comes out later what ron's been doing, yt won't be able to hide behind the veil of ignorance when they come to account.
  11. Anonymous Member

Thank you for posting that info, Was it from Axiom 10 or his ronsavelo account ? (please don't delete it)

Also thank you Ron for stating your reason for the claim :)
  12. Anonymous Member

Also, forward this information to Eva at the EFF. I think she will be VERY interested to know that the DMCA is being abused.
    If it results in an article like this again: Alleged 'rights group' tries to have 4,000 anti-Scientology videos removed from YouTube - Wikinews, the free news source
    Then it could get Ron Savelo banned from YouTube and all Axiom 10 Production videos restored.

eva@eff.org
    Just explain to her the situation. There is nothing wrong with not filing a counterclaim, especially when it opens us up for Fair Game.
  13. Anonymous Member

Please get your ISP or email provider to save the logs of that email so that you can prove that it's real. Also forward the information the EFF and YouTube/Google legal.
    He is basically wasting YouTube's man hours to get information about "anons" so he can get rewarded for that information. YouTube is entitled to get that money back from Savelo.

Feel free to counterclaim by proxy.

As for what the poster above is saying, our goal is NOT to get savelo's channel taken down. It's to get other people's videos UP again.
  14. Anonymous Member

Also if you contacted him directly please don't delete those either.
  15. SpunkyMonkey Member

The emails have been sent via freedommag.tv addy. All messages (including full headers) have of course been saved. Info sent to Eva at EFF (no reply yet but it's only been a few hours).

Can I still report to to the FBI even though I'm a Brit residing in the UK?

Also, does anyone have a copy of the CCHR "Psychs behind 9/11" video? I notice that the Gawker copy has gone AWOL and was wondering if someone who had a copy could put it into the .ru server and I'll remake my video with a corrected link in it.
  16. Anonymous Member

Hold the fuck up...how DID he get your info?

If youtube won't give YOU info on whoever is DMCAing you, then why are they giving it to the person when you're doing a counter claim?

Something smells fishy...
  17. Anonymous Member

It is the rules of filing counterclaims ... which is what makes the DMCA anger many people. It is a "guilty before innocent" type system that YouTube abides by. Somebody claims copyright over your video, and in order to possibly get the video back you file a counterclaim consisting of giving your information (name, address, contact information) to the other party.

YouTube actually does give information who is DMCAing you in the form of an email. Whether that company is real or not, YouTube doesn't verify (such as American Rights Counsel, when Oliver Schaper was filing false DMCAs), but in this case Ron actually did use his company Axiom 10 Productions.
  18. BigBeard Member

Yes. You should also file a complaint with the U.S. Embassy for your part of the U.K. regarding this misuse of U.S. laws to harass an U.K. citizen. Or maybe have your Foreign Office do that for you.

BigBeard
  19. Anonymous Member

If there's an active investigation at some law enforcement agency in the US you can contact them, but if there isn't I guess you'd have to settle for contacting the police in your own country. I doubt they'll prioritize your case, but you should at least try to report it in case they do care.
  20. LilDebbie Member

you can still report but i'm not sure if you can subpoena yt for ron's info. i second going the embassy route. tell them you feel threatened by ron's "thanks for teh dox" email.
  21. Anonymous Member

I just got back from a fancy intellectual property attorney's office.

I showed up and the secretary had 17/512 (I forget if it is (f) (2) ) printed out in nice big letters with ever letter on the page highlighted in neon yellow. I'm not going to say much more for a couple of days because before we where even half way finished my attorney had another obligation but was very sorry and set up another appointment. There also isn't much to say that has not been mentioned in these threads already, because I did most of the talking.

The goal for the meeting was not to move forward with a lawsuit but was only to explore options, because as good as the internet is there are always other specifics about these things that may be unique. I'm willing do my best to ask questions about your own individual experiences at my next meeting.

It looks like the next meeting is Fri. May 29 @ 10am. (He normally doesn't take appointments on Friday.)

I will be gone for a few hours I just popped back home but I have to leave for a few hours. I will be checking back in tonight (maybe late).

I will also relay questions about Ollie because I met with someone who had several videos taken down by him just a couple of hours prior.

I will also ask about the individual who lives out of the country and what their best course of action might be. If you have a history of posting and would like to ask questions via PM say so here and I may be able to in contact with you via PM. (Or if you are really frightened you can ask a mod to contact me so I can PM you. I don't know if they will but you can ask. Sorry to any mods who think this is a bad idea.)
  22. LilDebbie Member

did you ever know that you're my hero?
    you're everything i wished i could be

give 'em hell
  23. Anonynamefag Member

He retracted it, just like that?

I THMELL PUTHY, AND ITH YOU IN PARTICULAR, RON
  24. LilDebbie Member

of course he did. if he went to trial he would lose and land his ass in jail. by retreating, he makes anon have to go through the hassle of chasing him through the legal system.
  25. mrfyde Member

I have not filed a counter claim yet. Does anyone know if I have a limited time to do that ?
  26. Anonypeg Member

I'm pretty sure there isn't.
    Mark Bunker filed his counterclaim months later, and got both of his channels back after Viacom failed to sue within the required two-week period.
  27. ARC Member

My video has been restored without the usual 14 day waiting period: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/186-youtube-vimeo-problems/ron-savelo-dmca-again-46060/5/#post879525

It looks like YouTube understood that the DMCA claim was fraudulent or misguided - thanks to the evidence you guys have gathered, namely Ron's messages to you where he's bragging about filing false DMCA claims: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/186-youtube-vimeo-problems/message-ron-savelo-30757/

May I suggest that those of you who don't want to counterclaim immediately instead respond by making these points:
    - I'll be happy to file a counterclaim through my copyright agent, but first please look at this evidence showing that Ron Savelo (Axiom 10 Productions) has admitted making false DMCA claims. And here's evidence that he doing it only to gather names and addresses for "Fair Game".
    - Then quote ronsavelo's bragging messages as evidence. I quoted the one where Ron said he'd get Shawn Lonsdale's video taken down until the cows come home.
    - Say that if they wonder about the authenticity of the message, they can search their own archives of personal messages.
  28. Anonymous Member

Can anyone confirm that Savelo flagged the Lawnsdale video due to TOS (at least once) And re-confrim that he used a DMCA to pull the video on another occasion.

It would be nice to know for sure which was used or both.
  29. LilDebbie Member

lurk moar
  30. Anonymous Member

I called to confirm with the lawyer I went to visit Wednesday and was informed that he had a health issue that would prevent the meeting but scheduled me to meet two younger (less old) lawyers after lunch one of them had dealt with the church of scientology briefly on a different matter.

I showed them some of the videos that had been taken down via DMCA claims from Axiom 10.

It was pretty much agreed that perjury charges are unlikely to ever be brought before a court, but for videos such as mine that used absolutely no image or sound that would be considered property of organized Scientology there should be no issue having the video re-instated.

I had mentioned that our mod "ARC" had some success restoring a flagged video on You Tube with a simple letter and they both agreed that would be the most simple course of action. We came to the conclusion that I would also try the same thing that worked for "ARC" and write a polite letter, with out namefagging myself) to You Tube and simply ask that the video be re-instated and mention to them that neither I or my attorney found any legitimate issue with it. And remind them that there have been many claims that obviously have no validity (in our opinion) coming from their "Axiom 10" account.

I was further told that if this did not resolve the issue to let them know and they would take over from there.

A word of caution however to people that are using some material that may be considered copyright material of the Church of Scientology. (This is not legal advice from them or me but it is the basic idea from our fair use discussion.) "Fair Use" is never a cut and dry matter. The guidelines for fair use are very sketchy and what is and what is not fair use is usually settled in front of a judge. Just by simply saying that something IS or IS NOT fair use, or if you have reason to believe it is fair use, does not make it so.
  31. Anonymous Member

As previously said, and as your lawyers said, a perjury charge is unlikely to make it to court, but if a company like YouTube could show a significant loss caused by a single repeat offender, then a DA might choose to make an example of of the guy and get him convicted just to scare other frequent mis-filers. Of course YouTube could just sue, but the criminal record and news coverage of a criminal case would dampen the mis-filing and save working-hours for the legal departments of several internet companies, saving dollars, as well as protecting the rights of internet users. There's your argument for a public interest in criminally prosecuting Savelo. There's almost no police investigation time needed. The evidence is preserved by YouTube, and Savelo has admitted his criminal intent several times in writing, both in emails and in internal YouTube messages, which are also preserved. The only question left is if the prosecutor's time to prosecute the case is worth it compared both to the potential savings to the industry and to the prosecutor's workload on more serious crime.
  32. Anonymous Member

It would be in Ron's best interest to keep his nose clean. When the government does get off their butt and go after the cult (like in France) individuals that are lower ranking thugs like Ron is (IMO) are going to be facing charges of 100's of years in jail to pressure him to "spill the beans about anyone he is reporting to in the organization. The feds act slowly to build a case that will get people to rat out the people who know more than they do, and pile on every possible charge to get to information at the top of the food chain.
  33. Anonymous Member

Thge DOJ only submits charges to a Grand Jury when they are certain of sufficient evidence to convict.
    Ron Savelo is anti-social and brainwashed to the point where he does not see that he is headed for the Club Fed where horny, HIV positive, hardened convicts will gang ass-rape him.
  34. Anonymous Member

35. LilDebbie Member

better yet, we could sue congress to get the DMCA thrown out as unconstitutional and use ronnie boy's censorship campaign as evidence that the law itself violates our civil liberties. a bigger bite to chew, yes, but in the absence of alternatives...
  36. Herro Member

Lol, you're suggesting suing the United States government because someone got your YouTube videos taken down? Yeah, that's a pretty big bite to chew. Hey, while we're at it can we depose President Obama? I got a parking ticket the other day that I think was unfair.
  37. LilDebbie Member

look i understand in soviet europe or wherever the fuck you're from, civil rights mean fuck all, but here in the united states of win, we throw a 10 megaton shitfit every time anyone even suggests curtailing our civil rights. furthermore, taking down the DMCA is the sort of thing that might actually get the EFF off its fucking ass for once.
  38. Anonymous Member

2/10

You can't sue congress.
  39. Herro Member

Ok, I just want to reiterate: you're saying we should sue the federal government because someone got some YouTube videos taken down. Isn't there anything between doing nothing and taking the United States government to court? Lol.
  40. Anonynamefag Member

That's true, but you COULD try to lobby for a bill to be passed. It probably won't work, though.