Customize

Russian dist. center under investigation

Discussion in 'Media' started by mnql1, Oct 6, 2010.

1. mnql1 Member

Russian dist. center under investigation

Translation of a Russian article posted on October 6, 2010 on the website of the regions.ru news agency:

http://www.regions.ru/news/2316956/

Snapshot of the article translated above:

losinopetrovsky20101006.jpg
  2. Sponge Member

Re: Russian dist. center under investigation

So, this goes beyond previous raids based simply on the possession and dissemination of "extremist materials" and into more of the actual practices involving crimes against the individual.
  3. Triumph Member

the Cult seems to be preoccupied with infiltration of intel agencies?...Nice..
  4. peterstorm Member

Thank you mnql1
  5. AnonLover Member

I came. Love them ruskies, yes i do!!
  6. Locnar Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j9QeUoPOi4&feature=related]YouTube - very nice, high five[/ame]
  7. Ogsonofgroo Member

You ROCK Mnql1 (as usual :) )!! <3 <3
    I'm heading over to ESMB and pass this to one of the mad Russians (jk jk @ Ya guys) and see if they can compile something like an info packet of recent events, ya never knows how a little bit can help.
  8. Bipolart Member

Wow, USA....

.....looks like the Russians are in the lead!
  9. theLastAnon Member

In case you weren't paying attention, this (OP) is the lulz.

So fucking funny to me that Russia is doing this (and yes, as posted before, I DO agree that banning books or censorship is clearly the wrong thing to do).

However, it appears that the Russians are now going beyond that and examining just exactly how members and their confidential information are treated.
  10. Anonymous Member

I suppose this is a result of Russian leadership, you know, caring about Russia and it's people. Think what you will of Medvedev and Putin, but they have done a lot to start bringing their nation out of ruin.
  11. Anonymous Member

so this is what chanology has become after almost three years, cheering for censorship?
  12. Anonymous Member

No it's cheering for the actual investigation of an evil cult.
  13. theLastAnon Member

1/10

Try harder. We've done this one already, no one's biting this time. Censorship is wrong, we all agree. It's still fucking lulzy that of all the groups that Russia could be doing this to, it's Scientology. It will all end up in the EU court (again) and the cult will win (again), but until then, let them spend the money and time to deal with it. I think the Russians even know this...they're just trolling the cult at this point.

lulz

Also, it does seem they are now looking beyond the censorship and into behavior and activities, so there's that.
  14. anonhuff Member

An entire country trolling scientology is awesome
  15. GloryMarcabia Member

Excellent news. Thanks for letting everyone know.

I was born in Russia and have been back twice in my 20s. Russians pride themselves on being highly educated and not being a particularly superstitious people.

They see right through the cult's spin. It also doesn't help the rhetoric about "the man on the cross" by LRH with 70% of the country identifying themselves as Russian Orthodox Christians.

Thanks once again -- gotta forward this to some of my friends :)
  16. AnonLover Member

Welcome! Do tell... how do russian's feel in general about the government's anti-extremism list of banned materials? (Not just scientology stuff) it seems to me us non-russians get alot more up in arms about book-banning being wrong than english versions of russian media portray.
  17. GloryMarcabia Member

To be honest, I think it's a bit overblown in the west but this is only my opinion. Remember, the Russians lived under severe oppression and censorship. When I was a little boy, I remember my Grandfather's old shortwave set that he used to catch the Voice of America with - eventually the Commies got wise and began broadcasting noise on the same frequency from a powerful transmitter.

I guess that's not what you were looking for but I've noticed that Westerners are much more apt to spot and dislike censorship. To most Russians who are living their lives and don't need to watch "#5 The Eternal Jew" or "#101 Jewish Fascism could probably care less and understand why in a multi-cultural society, that sort of thinking leads to problems.

And fwiw, every government censors. Without exclusion.

Personally, I think LRH is among his ilk on that list. Use google to translate and you'll see how much hatred filled materials are on that list.

I can only speak for myself.. sorry, but I'm sure there are other Ru expats lurking.. Stand up and be counted!
  18. AnonLover Member

Thank you glory marcabia... that was exactly what i was looking for, a cultural perspective.
  19. Old Bomber Member

Очень хорошо. Следите за хорошую работу России
  20. fisherman Member

"Don't Ban Books" - Anonymous Condemns Russian Censorship - Why We Protest Wiki

21. RightOn Member

wow using a shortwave radio to hear the voice of America...
    scary thought of being so isolated and cut off form the rest of the world. Kind of like what Scientology does to it's Sea Orgers members and staff. But even freakier because it is 2010 and many Sea Orgers reside in the US.

Thanks for sharing this perspective.
  22. Sponge Member

As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, we've been through all the book banning protestations in previous related threads. What this latest case highlights is the additional development of the move to prosecute on the actions of the cult and the harm to individuals. Perhaps there is hope that they'll find that easier and a more solid basis for ending the cults abusive scam, and in furture tend to move away from being concerned too much about the perception of the "danger" of the shit that Hubbard wrote in books.
  23. subgenius Member

This will also have the unintended consequence of being something that will be used to whip the culties into a frenzy.
    Nothing unites a group like an out-group threat, and this has been a recurring theme/tool since day one.

But, Russia: Я люблю тебя

(pardon my Google)
  24. GloryMarcabia Member

@AnonLover - You're quite welcome.

@Subgenius - Nice Google-fu there :)

@OldBomber - Да, Я согласен! Чудесные новости!

@RightOn - I have a ton of stories about ye ol' CCCP, however, life was very difficult under the communists. For example I recall my grandparents pickling fruit and vegetables so that they would last the winter (ever had pickled watermelon? It's good!) I distinctly remember women in white hats, equpped with abici milling around, basically doing nothing all day. Everything back then was "under the table". You rub my back and I'll rub yours, that sort of thing.

In 1999, Putin took a bankrupt country where everything that wasn't bolted down had been sold or disappeared. A country that was unable to pay pensioners, and within 10 years turned it around. Whatever anyone may say about him does not detract from his accomplishments imo.

Anywho, this is totally off topic, so /rant :)