Customize

Sale of Serenity House limited to Scientologist " in Good standing. Illegal?

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Anonymous, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

From ESMB: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-to-sell-Real-Estate-with-religious-prejudice
  2. Anonymous Member

How many other rooming houses would want to say the Jive Aces have stayed with them?
    • Like Like x 5
  3. DeathHamster Member

So they don't have any, do they?
    • Like Like x 3
  4. It will be interesting to see who responds...and to see who else puts their boarding house on the market.;)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Still, I would be interested in hearing more about the King of Ganja.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Anonymous Member

Key to acronyms

PAC - Pine and Cardboard
    AOLA - An Old, Lame Association
    ASHO - ASHOle
  7. wolfbane Member

Gee. An upstat Scientologist who wants to do long term advanced training, and has the bucks to buy property in LA , that isn't already regged in bankruptcy and committed to doing all their advanced training at Flag.

Yeah right. Good luck with that. Do want googlemap street view on the relevant address though.

AND inb4unpaidtaxproblems found on the property in question
  8. Anonymous Member

Leaving aside federal law discussed in the EMSB thread.

The California Fair Employment and Housing Act, California Government Code section 12955, provides:

Oh, and California Government Code section 12993(c) provides:

Therefore, one might also want to turn to the California Unruh Civil Rights Act, California Civil Code section 51, which provides:
    California Civil Code section 51.5:

California Civil Code section 52:

• Like Like x 4
  9. wolfbane Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  11. Anonymous Member

Los Angeles Housing Department
    http://lahd.lacity.org/lahdinternet/FairHousing/tabid/137/Default.aspx

Fair Housing

Federal, State, and Local laws prohibit housing discrimination based on the categories listed below. The laws cover housing for rent or sale, advertising, lending, insurance, steering, redlining and hate crimes. Remedies for illegal discrimination include injunctive relief, monetary damages, and penalties. In California, virtually every unit of housing for rent or sale is covered under the fair housing laws.
    • Race
    • Color
    • Sex
    • Religion
    • National Origin
    • Ancestry
    • Mental Disability
    • Physical Disability (HIV & AIDS included)
    • Familial Status (Children)
    • Marital Status
    • Source of Income
    • Student Status
    • Arbitrary Reasons
    The Los Angeles Housing Department administers a contract with the Southern California Housing Rights Center to provide a citywide fair housing program. The Center, together with their subcontractors, Fair Housing Council of San Fernando Valley and Fair Housing Foundation, provide the following services:
    • Investigations of housing discrimination complaints concerning housing for rent or sale, advertising, lending, insurance, steering, blockbusting and hate crimes
    • Remedies for valid complaints, including conciliations, legal action and administrative referrals to state and federal fair housing agencies
    • Multilingual counseling on fair housing and predatory lending issues
    • Multilingual property owner, manager and realtor training sessions
    • Educational seminars, workshops and presentations on fair housing
    Report suspected discrimination immediately!

Keep a record of any meetings and phone calls with the landlord, property manager, real estate agent, loan officer, or insurance agent. Include the person's name, title (if you know it), the meeting place, date, and time.

Make notes on what happened and what was said. Save all receipts, applications, business cards, or other documents received during your meeting(s), and any advertisements.

To make a complaint or obtain more information

Services are available over the telephone, through the Internet and at four walk-in locations throughout the City.

Telephone: Toll-free Hotline: 1-800-477-5977

Walk-in locations:

Southern California Housing Rights Center - Los Angeles Office
    520 S. Virgil Avenue #400
    Los Angeles 90020

Southern California Housing Rights Center - Westside Area
    1645 Corinth Ave., Room 104
    Los Angeles 90025
    (The 2nd Tuesday of each month, from 10 to 12 p.m.)

Fair Housing Foundation - South Los Angeles Office
    4401 Crenshaw Boulevard #317
    Los Angeles 90043
    Phone (323) 295-3302

Fair Housing Council of San Fernando Valley
    8134 Van Nuys Boulevard
    Panorama City 91402
    Phone (818) 373-1185

Fair Housing informational brochures

Some of the brochures listed below are available in Spanish, Korean, Russian, Farsi, Khmer and Mandarin Chinese. "Landlords and Fair Housing" and "What is Fair Housing?" are available in Cambodian and Farsi. If you know someone who needs a brochure in any of these languages, please send a request via e-mail or by phone at (213) 808-8809.
    • What is Fair Housing? (.pdf)
    • Familial Status Discrimination (.pdf)
    • Homebuyers & Fair Housing (.pdf)
    • Housing Rights for People with Disabilities (.pdf)
    • Landlords and Fair Housing (.pdf)
    • Sexual Harassment (.pdf)
    • Sexual Orientation Discrimination (.pdf)
    • Why Should You Report Housing Discrimination? (.pdf)
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Anonymous Member

They are looking for someone so credulous that they think the boarding house will be profitable. So they know their target group.
  13. Bubbles Member

ohmy.jpg

Let's read between the lines and translate from Scientology-speak into plain ol' homo-sapien speak.

Lee & Gary are obviously having financial difficulties, the remark about toilet paper was a dead give-away.

They also mentioned that their customers are from various upper level orgs, as well as "exec's".

Oh, oh. Stop right there. Do not continue. We've found the answer.

Apparently scientology staff are showing up without money, with instructions to bill their org. But, thanks to a recent leak, we all know that scientology orgs have not been paying their inter-org bills. That's right, lots of worthless IOU's from orgs & the Sea Org.

How do you collect delinquent debts from scientology orgs ?

angry-boss.png

Hahahahahahahahaha YOU DON'T

That crap about selling to another upstat scientologist (i.e. sucker) and continuing to provide this essential service, is bull-shit. They are desperate to unload this money-pit to ANYONE stupid enough to take it on.

Expect bankruptcy filing, bet the building has been refinanced until there's no equity left.
    • Like Like x 6
  14. The Camelot Castle of the Americas no doubt.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Anonymous Member

It was a private email, sent to himself, no doubt BCC to his scientology mailing list. Not a matter for the state.
    Not yet, at least.
  16. Anonymous Member

Yes, "no doubt BCC to his Scientoloty mailing list." The e-mail is addressed:
    Not "private" -- as if the statute makes any such distinction. Statute:
    He, at minimum, didn't "make... a statement... that indicates any preference, limitation, or discrimination based on... religion?"
  17. jensting Member

Ah, but being a member in good standing of the criminal organisation known as the "church" of $cientology is purely a legal matter, no religion to see here. Just remember Debbie Cook's lawsuit :D
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Serenity10001.jpg 106-1024x768.jpg 034-768x1024.jpg
    http://www.serenityhousela.com/?page_id=22
  19. Bubbles Member

Oh, mmmmmm, I'm confused. Please help me understand.

By providing details and pictures on this website........are you willing to sell to anybody, including ex-scientologists, freezoners, and critics? That line for sale to "only to good scientologists" certainly evaporated fast.

Though, come to think of it, it would be an excellent way to ....... nevermind.
  20. If i lived in states i'd fill the room with Hubbard quotes an other enturbulating material before, I leave just so i could see sthe staff's batshit crazy response and crisis/cleaning crew in action to attempt to remove the entheta hell, i'd tape a A4 paper on one ofe the tables filled with from posts from WWP about the background of this establishment.

oh well, one can only dream.

and i find it curious they didn't underline the king of Ghana but scilon band jive aces, they arent even trying to hide their connection to the cult are they? IMO a fucking king would be more important over some tenth rate music band

do they count good scienos in good standing those that have been culties for years and paid their "donations" right? so no critics nor anyone else that mattered couldn't seek housing.

and like quoted and posted multiple times over i'm sure that there are discrimination laws to prevent these kinds of shenaningans,

what hell is 4d accomodation anyway word 4d isn't showing in my novis to sapiens speak.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

4th Dynamic is all humans on the planet. So I guess it means "no pets allowed"
    • Like Like x 1
  22. DeathHamster Member

A lien check against the property would probably be amusing.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/real-estate-lien-holder-50845.html

Scientology being Scientology, I wouldn't be certain that a lien check will show all the claims against the property.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. RightOn Member

• Like Like x 5
  24. fishypants Moderator

I don't understand.

Why is there any toilet paper at all in the bath?

Isn't toilet paper for the toilet?

Maybe I've been doin' it wrong all these years.
    • Like Like x 3
  25. RightOn Member

it's there next to the throne, just hard to see over all that pink
  26. wolfbane Member

But it sure made for a convenient CYA tactic, so that when they do put it on the open market and then sell out to whoever comes along outside of Scientology circles and shuts down the cheap housing venue - "...hey we tried to keep it in the cult's sphere of influence. But it didn't work out. See ya!"
  27. fishypants Moderator

yeah - but the ad says

... which I think means that the standard of customer service is crap but they think that doesn't matter because Clearing the Planet is so much more important .... but why would a high standard of customer service entail worrying about toilet paper in the bath?
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

They are saying "Unlike the COS buildings, where toilet paper is a rare commodity, we manage to keep TP available 24/7."
    What concept
    It's your toilet paper.Use it when you want to
    • Like Like x 2
  29. What does "Approved Security for solo" entail?
    http://www.serenityhousela.com/?page_id=20
  30. "Package delivery address and US Mail"

They're really clutching at straws now. Wow I can get mail delivered - impressive.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. fishypants Moderator

Cryogenic freezing.

Boba-Fett-and-Han-Solo-Movies.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  32. RightOn Member

"Telephone in each room"
    for all your monitored calls.
    what no oiliness table? screw that!

"High-speed Wireless Interrnet Access"

net nanny already installed for all those entheta sites!
    • Like Like x 3
  33. Anonymous Member

OT7s who are solo auditing have to keep their auditing sessions secure and private...which includes a safe for the materials and a lockable door for the sessions themselves. I imagine they are talking about those provisions.
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Anonymous Member

I read years ago that if you take lambs and raise them in a pen, then take away the fence and leave the markings of the fence, then the sheep won't step outside their boundaries of the fence, even when it is no longer there.
    • Like Like x 4
  35. fishypants Moderator

which have been on the Internet for years and years.

Still, it's so much more impressive (if juvenile) to have Top Secret Information!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  36. Anonymous Member

Looking for logic in a scientologist is a futile task.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Quentinanon Member

If the cult owned the building, then, in the U.S., they could discriminate only to favour another scientologist. But, the building is not owned by the cult, so this federal exemption in the statute does not apply. I would say they are breaking both state and federal laws.
    http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/hce/title8.php
    Sec. 807. [42 U.S.C. 3607] Religious organization or private club exemption
    (a) Nothing in this subchapter shall prohibit a religious organization, association, or society, or any nonprofit institution or organization operated, supervised or controlled by or in conjunction with a religious organization, association, or society, from limiting the sale, rental or occupancy of dwellings which it owns or operates for other than a commercial purpose to persons of the same religion, or from giving preference to such persons, unless membership in such religion is restricted on account of race, color, or national origin. Nor shall anything in this subchapter prohibit a private club not in fact open to the public, which as an incident to its primary purpose or purposes provides lodgings which it owns or operates for other than a commercial purpose, from limiting the rental or occupancy of such lodgings to its members or from giving preference to its members.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. DeathHamster Member

Avoid embarrassment like this:
    • Like Like x 4
  39. Anonymous Member

Good guess.

4D is humans, so 4D execs are what we call Front Group Execs. TWTH, Narconon, the front groups, are claimed to be for the betterment of mankind, hence Fourth Dynamic activities.