Customize

Schism! Fundamentalist KSW Wahhabi wing of Independent Scientology movement gets breakaway blog!

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Anonymous, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

It doesn't seem like a religion to me.

But then 'religion' is a subjective term.

I'm not arrogant enough to try to impose my opinion on others, when it comes to things which don't have a cut-and-dried definition - things which are subjective.

Should it get tax breaks? No, it shouldn't. But then no 'religion' or 'belief system' or 'pile of bullshit' should unless it qualifies under the usual criteria of being socially beneficial.

Nope. Totally wrong.

Your logical fallacy is...

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

That "subjective term" makes it possible for most of Scientology's abuse to occur.

Scientology ***loves*** guys like you.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

I don't agree.

Abuses occur at Narconon.

You know nothing about what I've been doing to campaign against Scientology over the past 5 years.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

And again, ad hominen attacks will get you nowhere.
  5. Meanwhile ITT.
    4195436.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 4
  6. Anonymous Member

Brainwashing, disconnection and other "awesome tech" is still abuse what ever "they" call themselves, church, indy, or "having the right to believe wacky stuff".
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

Exactly my point.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

It's not an "ad hominen attack."

It's a fact.

Scientology created people who think the way you do.

They had meetings about it and planned for it.

People who think the way you do serve Scientology's ends.

I guess there's no "nice" way to tell someone he's being a sucker.
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Dude, Scientology controls and runs Narconon. Narconon's lawyers are hired by Scientology. Duh.
  10. Random guy Member

Perhaps more important, it lends credence to OSAs op to stop the cultists from seeking out an alternative to the mother cult. We may not like Marty, but there's no denying his indie movement has contributed in the mother cults shrinking numbers.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Anonymous Member

Are we rehashing the old its a religion not it isn't argument again? Lets not, k? It never gets us anywhere.
    • Agree Agree x 5
  12. Anonymous Member

Plus, Narconon is a front group, one that's supposed to be "secular."

Hubbard was a con man. He was pretty good at being a conman.
  13. "Squirrel's Nest" would not be "politically correct", is that what you (and others) are saying? By naming the discussion group "Squirrel's Nest" we would play into the hands of OSA??
  14. Anonymous Member

In that case, you'd better tell Marty to stop using the term, "squirrel."

Scientology has been shrinking since the 198os.

And Marty is becoming boring.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

If Marty were named Chip, then the new subforum could be Chip's Monks. the slogan would be "We're NOT squirrels"
    • Funny Funny x 3
  16. Anonymous Member

It really is.

You're attacking me rather than my argument, by saying I'm a friend to Scientology.

That's the definition of an ad hominen attack.

Would you say that Australia's Senator Xenophon - who also takes the line what Scientologists should be allowed to believe what they like but not to do what they like - is also a friend to the cult?

One of Scientology's key arguments against us is that we're religious bigots. We can avoid this criticism being valid, by not actually being religious bigots.

It's a strategic thing (as well as a 'people have basic human freedoms to believe what they like' thing).

That is exactly my point. Narconon is 'secular' and yet is just as Scientology as Scientology itself.

Maybe try thinking before 'duh'-ing?

Right. It's a pejorative term.

Also it's Scientology jargon, which is bad whatever it means. We don't have to use their jargon.

Personally, I'm trying to avoid it, but Anon is telling me that I'm a cult shill unless I accept the definition of 'religion' that he/she wants to impose upon me (and upon the world).

Again, that's exactly my point. Narconon is 'secular' and yet still Scientology and still part of the abusive cult.

tl;dr: whether or not Scientology is a religion:

- individuals have the right to their own beliefs,

- the cult's abuses (whether inside or outside of religious cloaking) are bad.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

Narconon's lawyers are hired by the tax exempt cult to defend Narconon, and the Narconon properties are purchased by the corporate shells controlled by the cult.

Narconon is supposed to be secular. That gives it access to many places.

Narconon has serious problems because it's poses as a secular group. Nonetheless, it's still useful to the cult to have "secular" front groups.

Narconon continues to exist, and abuse, because it is supported by a tax exempt cult that poses as a religion.
  19. Anonymous Member

doesn't cash flow 'up' the 'lines' from Narconon to CoS?

Seems more like NN supports CoS than vice versa.
  20. Anonymous Member

One reinforces the other. Scientology has hundreds of front groups of different kinds.

"Church" of Scientology
    Association for Better Living through Education International
    Narconon
  21. Anonymous Member

Nah, they're arguing about something else.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

The old Aberree (break away from Scientology) magazine of the 1950s used the image of a squirrel to represent itself. Even then, Hubbard hated what he called "squirrels." The publisher of Aberree didn't care what Hubbard wanted or didn't want.

The idea that we should all unite behind Marty Rathbun because OSA doesn't want us too, is bull crap.
  23. Anonymous Member

I am not "uniting" behind Marty, lots of us aren't. There are some who will. We rarely ever have complete consensus around here. Deal with it and go on with your day.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Malory Member

I can't believe we're arguing about what to call the damned forum. Oh, wait, I can. Carry on.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. grebe Member

It is crucial we don't do anything to imply that Scientology is a religion. Because if we do, we will be butt fucked by David Miscavige. Nobody wants that.

Some of the people who make a big deal about words sound like those New Age people who believe in Affinity Reality Communication aka PR spin makes it so. But in fact, no.
  26. pooks Member

Agreed. When did we start caring about what OSA did/thought. Fuck OSA and what they think. Squirrel's Nest is perfect. Either that or Dependent Scientologists.
    • Like Like x 3
  27. YouSeeNothing Member

Maybe, some sorta space squirrel could be their mascot?

EDIT: With bonus theme song for Marty!
  28. another123 Member

Scien2.0logy - Electric Boogaloo
    • Funny Funny x 6
  29. fishypants Moderator

Am not caring what OSA thinks.

Am caring what Scientologists looking to leave the cult might think. We don't want to put them off.

lolchekov.jpg
  30. Anonymous Member

Then they can go to ESMB. This is not a place for newly out exes. It is the opposite of a place for newly out exes. Too many people here like to chew on them.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  31. Yoda... Member

Yummy to chew on, Scientologists are.
  32. DeathHamster Member

I dunno, it just sounds like the usual whinge that Scientology is in the shitter because somebody didn't apply the tech properly. They just changing the name to blame.

In Scientology, it's always Bowb Your Buddy Week, and there probably aren't too many people who didn't screw over someone else over the years.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  33. pooks Member

Exactly. ESMB is their next landing stop. WWP is an activist board, not a hand holding huggy kissy board By the time the exes make it here, the Squirrel's Nest will make them LOL.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  34. Anonymous Member

Tell it to the IRS, and the U.S. State Department.

The "tech worked" on them well enough for them to bow to Scientology's wishes.
  35. Tourniquet Member

The legal harassment tech works, but Hubbard did not invent it.
    Maybe it's time for the IRS to get hit with another 2500 lolsuits, these from exes demanding that the IRS rescind Scientology's 501(c)3.

THAT is THE key to taking down Scientology. While they have 501(c)3, it's like they're wearing Magic Mormon underwear.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  36. DeathHamster Member

It's Space Opera! It's a Religious Cloaking Device.

(Oh right, the Mormons are Space Opera too, but it's more of a 1800s Steam Punk version.)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

wft is everyone going on about ITT?
  38. Anonymous Member

lurk moar.
  39. Anonymous Member

you're not the boss of me.
  40. Anonymous Member

teabagger?
    • Funny Funny x 1