Customize

School project - visit Narconon Arrowhead?

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Anonymous, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

School project - visit Narconon Arrowhead?

Ok, so here's the deal.

I'm in a Counseling class this semester, and one of the projects that we're expected to do involves a "Site Visit," where we are expected to visit a treatment facility that focuses on addictions or behavioral compulsions, then write a report on it including the name of the place, the name of the individual we "toured" with (since we're supposed to have someone give us a facility tour since treatment facilities don't usually just let you wander around), the population served, how they're funded, the "role of spirituality," how the services could improve, and what was learned at the visit.

I expect that most people in the class will do some local hospital-run clinics or something - standard, easy, run-of-the-mill stuff. However, Narconon Arrowhead is a few hours away (not prohibitively far, at least). This makes it an option for doing the report on (though I'd probably need to check with the prof I don't think he'd mind) which would be lulzy and give me a firsthand look at how badly they're ruining the lives of people everywhere.

Here's how I see it.

PROS:
    • Interesting and unique topic (GREAT GRADE SUCCESS).
    • Chance to alert class (30+ people/aspiring counselors) to dangers of Scientology.
    • Serious lulz as a Psych touring the anti-psych facility.

CONS:
    • Long drive (would eat up lots of time/gas).
    • HIGH potential for namefagging (would almost definitely have to show ID to get a tour, though my status as Anon would not be known).
    • Potential for Scilon harassment (may have to provide phone number to get a tour).

Thoughts?
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JMBrandon Member

Re: School project - visit Narconon Arrowhead?

If you've got the brass, go for it.
  3. Ann O'Nymous Member

Arrowhead is not just a "franchise" facilty. It is under the direct supervision of HQ. Moreover it has been under a lot of scrutiny in the last years. You might expect a reluctant attitude.

For some more background about Narconon in Oklahoma: Narconon centers - Why We Protest Wiki
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DanFTF Member

Keep quiet about being Anonymous, don't ask any suspicious questions. They'll be absolutely no reason why you'd be harassed, and the lulz can begin.

If you can come up with a decent cover up to tell them you're studying a different course (eg. Business or Biology) that might help, a lot of sheep think that psychology is in league with psychiatry and therefore the alien devil's right hand.

aim for pics!
  5. xenubarb Member

I would suggest reading narconon-exposed.org and stop-narconon.org vewwy carefully so you'll have a good perspective on what they do as opposed to what they say they do.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

It WAS a great idea and then you posted it on WPP for OSA to see.

Now that they know you're coming you've pretty much screwed yourself.

/ifyouwanttobealljasonbournedoitbeforepostingaboutit
  7. Anonymous Member

^^ Agreed ^^

Still, you could always give them a call and say that you are considering them as a potential candidate and would they be interested? Be interesting to see what they say. But then again ^^This^^

Mr Mudkips strikes again
  8. Anonymous Member

As the only person asking for a tour, let alone the only person doing a class project asking for a tour, the fact you have posted your intentions here means they will be aware of it; OSA will alert them.

You have brass for it but it may now be a fools errand. Some ideas are best posted after the event. ;-)
  9. AnonyVix Member

Then again you could pose as a potential candidate but you would need a cooperative parent for that; my son / daughter has a problem....

Now at least they will be double checking all potential clients for under cover. Paranoia, don't you just love it?
  10. Django Member

OK, is this thing on? Tap tap [feedback squeal] cut the 5k a bit Stan, willya? Huh? Can we compensate, get a little more gain on the left side? Awesome, I think we're good to go. OK [clears throat], ahem...

HEY DINGBAT!!!! THEY READ THESE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, we're done, shut it down...
  11. FUCK Member

DO EET.
  12. ObamAnon Member

Please be careful.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. WagTheWog Member

OSA has already read this thread (or will soon enough). You will be name fagged for sure. Even they can put 2 and 2 together. -- My thoughts: Danger Will Robinson.

EDIT:
    Now that I've read the rest of the thread, it appears I am not alone in my opinion. I particularly like Django's post (#10 above).
  14. amaX Member

Yeah. It was sort of a good idea. Who knows if they would have let you tour anyway? However, I wouldn't go now if I were you because they do read these forums.

15. Anonymous Member

Yeah I know they read the forums - if I thought it was a great enough idea that I was absolutely set on doing it I wouldn't have posted.

We'll see. It wasn't ever really too high on the priority list.
  16. HellRazor Member

^This, LOL.
  17. Anonymous Member

OSA is all over WWP, good plan though. FYI keep it on the DL with PMs.
  18. patriot75 Member

OSA is all over WWP, good plan though. FYI keep it on the DL with PMs.

Where are you in OK, PM me the answer?
    Colin Henderson
    Lawton, OK
  19. Budd Member

So what are they going to do if they do read these forums and put two and two together?
    - Say No, and not let him come. End of story.
    - Say Yes, and let him come and tour. Like they're going to kidnap an innocent man totally unconnected with Co$? They would do that to their own, but not somebody from the outside. Hey, they're stupid, but not THAT stupid.
  20. Anonymous Member

We do realize that this thread is from 2010, right?
  21. patriot75 Member

ooopppps.......OK time to unplug for the night...lol