Customize

School shooting in CT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paroxetine Samurai, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

NRA's meaningful solution is probably arming all teachers, mall cops, and movie theater owners with fully automatic guns....

NRA = More Guns. More Problems. More Innocent Blood Spilled. No Problems.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

3. Anonymous Member

Yes, more rules!

Rules will solve everything. Really.
  4. HOC Member

NO SARCASM
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I really wonder what exactly the NRA means by "meaningful contributions". I'm not going to speculate but considering that they get their jimmies rustled every time the word "Gun Control" is mentioned, it is hard for me to fathom what exactly they are going to contribute that doesn't involve gun control.
  6. Thanks for the thoughtful and considerate response.
    I like your POV.
    Also:
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
  7. Whether the USA gets off other countries backs has no relevance to what would happen/not happen there internally. IMHO.
  8. Anonymous Member

It occurs to me that the school had a NO GUN ZONE sign posted there. Imagine, you take the most vulnerable portion of the population (little children and their mostly female teachers) and then post a big prominent sign saying "NO GUNS ALLOWED"

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...n-free-zones-called-magnets-for-mass-shooters
  9. Anonymous Member

I seriously doubt mass murderers like this Aspie dick sucker actually cared a sign was posted saying no guns. Far as this ass burger was concerned: It was a school. There are targets there. Fuck what any sign says.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

It's necessary to tell people that a primary school is a gun-free zone?!?

Stupid gun-crazy Americans are fucking stupid.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Would you put a sign on your front lawn saying "This is a gun free home."?
    No?
    Why not?

The Colorado gunman went to the one theater in his area that explicitly banned weapons, that was not by chance.
  12. Anonymous Member

With the type of logic you exhibit, I hope you're not licensed as to so much as drive a car. You're fucking dangerous.
  13. Anonymous Member

So you would put such a sign on your lawn?
    Explain my fail logic to me or else STFU
  14. Anonymous Member

I don't take orders, so go figure it out yourself.
    Also: DIAF
  15. Anonymous Member

Correlation =/= Causality.

The reason the Aurora, CO picked the theater is due to the Batman movie being played. For whatever reason his sick head thought it'd be a perfect time to execute his diabolical plan.

The same is true for other mass shootings: The locations are usually irrationally picked but they choose it for high body counts/damage to life and/or property.

Example: The town I am in almost had a Colorado Theater attack, however it was thwarted because the mother turned him in. He was going to hit the theater then/or the nearby Wal Mart.

Guess what? The theater and the Wal Mart don't have the "No Guns" signs. The crazy nuts just wanted to kill as many as possible and saw those places as high volume targets.
  16. Anonymous Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

18. Anonymous Member

Mods: Cleanup on Isle 3...

There have been attempts.

Here is another example: The AZ shooting of the Senator Gabby Gifford. That had a lot of cops and people, so why do your insanity there? Of course the guy was nuttier than squirrel shit...

While there is little doubt that by saying you can't have guns in a spot might draw nutters hell bent on death, it has been shown in a lot of cases not the only reason.
  19. Pique Member

20. Pique Member

thank you <3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

Yeah, because he was a coward, with a gun, like most of those who need guns.
  22. Anonymous Member

He also heroed himself the moment the cops got there. He was a chicken shit who should have offed himself first and saved the world the tragedy this aspie fag caused.
  23. Anonymous Member

What happened in CT is a tragedy, none can dispute; however, "the world" is not grieving for those kids, but their own, killed by you know who.
    The US is not the only country that loves its kids, no matter what the TV says.
  24. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I don't think there is a debate that the US are the only country that loves their children. It'd be pretty naive and downright dumb to think that the US are the only ones to care for their children is true.

However, I am also sure and feel that any death of any child any where by any means is one too many and should not be tolerated. If you think I don't feel sad for the loss of children outside the US, you are wrong. Sadly, you won't see that on TV either.
  25. Anonymous Member

Many schools have signs that say exactly that.

Female teachers aren't more vulnerable against guns than some big jock-type male coach. A bullet isn't gender-seeking....yet.
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  27. Anonymous Member

Cool (no pun intended).

Then stop the wars.
  28. Anonymous Member

29. I am afraid to see the World based on your notions, Anonymous. Truly afraid!

Being anarchists and nihilists, you coming to power will do nothing but destroy: traditions, constitution, ways of life of normal citizens.

I wouldn't be surprised if that CT murderer frequented 4chan. - Human life weighs nothing in the internet. Right?
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  30. Anonymous Member

You mean like we are?
  31. RavenEyes Member

32. Anonymous Member

Given that the Republican Party appears to have collapsed tonight, the NRA doesn't have a friend left in the world.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

No one is stopping the wars. I truly wish that were the case (like maybe 4 years ago...but the go on.)
  34. Anonymous Member

http://www.allegiancemusical.com/blog-entry/hey-i-want-fly-f-14

• Winner Winner x 1
  35. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Watching the NRA press conference. Their meaningful contribution? Arming Teachers, putting cops inside schools, and bawwwing about Obama.

facepalmdt.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  36. Anonymous Member

No surprise there then.

NRA solution for everything = more guns.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/20/anti-nra-hotel-chains-discounts

http://www.avaaz.org/en/nra_enough/
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

What bothers me is that they are saying "Security Forces" or something to that extent as a catch all for "put armed people in the schools that don't have the resources, and hope everything turns out ok".

Wonder if that will work, provided the "security" doesn't go bananas since they are human too?

I kind of figured the NRA wouldn't address the issue that perhaps people don't need guns that even the makers of the guns call Advanced Combat Rifles or do less than nothing but point fingers, baww about a democrat in office, and try to whip up it's zombie army to defend them.

Now, I'll be honest: Gun control would not have prevented this tragedy. It won't stop future attacks either especially if they work within the systems in place and/or just snap one day. However, I have always questioned the point of having these Assault/Combat guns with large capacity clips. What exactly is the point? Self-Defense against a legion? Because a simple handgun can do the job of defending one self against an intruder. Hunting? Hell, you must have a shit poor aim if you need that kind of firepower. Another "Small Pecker Compensator" tool? Perhaps that is the reason. Seriously though, I wish I did know why people feel the need for that kind of firepower. If there is a legit reason, I'd love to know.
    • Like Like x 2
  38. Anonymous Member

It could well have made it less lethal.

With a knife instead of 3 guns, the assailant would have been very hard put to kill that many people before the police arrived. With a knife you've got to catch them first, remember!

c.f. the Chinese school attacker on the same day. Basically the same scenario but with a knife; nobody killed.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  39. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

You are right.

Problem is: China doesn't have the Second Amendment which the US has. It'd be hard, if not impossible, for the US to both overturn the Second Amendment and have it's citizens disarmed like China.

That is a problem most international posters here may not understand. The US Constitution has it hard coded in the Second Amendment the following:

That is the major obstacle as to why guns can't disappear in the US. For this Amendment to be overturned is beyond impossible considering the state of the US government right now. This is also why the NRA, a special interest group, has so much power.

However, would banning all guns work? Honestly, I seriously doubt it. Not to mention, there are exponentially more people that own guns that do not kill people in their lifetimes with it. Also, people do hunt deer, ducks, and wild animals for food still. Why punish them for the actions of a few?

I really don't think there is a simple solution that will please everybody that is indeed an honest, responsible individual. What should be done is a careful, but honest, study into what causes evil like the CT shooting and the Aurora shooting and fix that. Mental illness? Perhaps more doctors that can treat that. Violent games/movies? First, find out if that is a cause and work based on conclusive proof.

I could sit for hours and come up with millions of ideas. However, as long as people hold violence in their hearts and minds: No laws, no rules, no bans, no media censorship, nothing can prevent these tragedies from repeating.
  40. raboon Member

• Funny Funny x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.