Customize

School shooting in CT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paroxetine Samurai, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

I'm just waiting to see who blames video games first: "Dr." Phil or Jack Thompson. I'm also waiting to see which one will be eating a load of dicks when the shooters are found out to not be gamers.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Huff post already had some media analysis. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/connecticut-shooting-media-coverage_n_2302003.html

This was a good comment -
  3. Anonymous Member

edited because tl;dr

http://www.securityinfowatch.com/article/10489768/the-psychology-of-a-mass-murderer[quoute]

SIW: What is the psychological profile of someone who’s willing to carry out a mass shooting?
    Dietz: The real issues with mass murderers is that all of them are both sad and depressed enough to be willing to die and also angry or paranoid enough that they are blaming other people for their suffering and misfortune. Those are two of the critical ingredients, there has never been a mass murderer, acting alone, who didn’t have both of those (characteristics) in mass murders against strangers where mass murder is defined as three or more people dead in one incident for psychological reasons.
    Are there any warning signs that a person maybe getting ready to commit an atrocity such as this?
    There are always countless warning signs observed by nearly everyone who has had contact with the person and often for years. Unfortunately, those warning signs are not very specific and so they apply to many people who will never be violent toward anyone but themselves and they apply to many people for short term reasons that will go away. In order to be able to catch in your net, everyone who will do a mass murder, you need to err on the side of catching hundreds or thousands of people with similar behaviors who will never commit a mass murder no matter what you do. When prediction suffers form that problem, it is necessary to be very thoughtful about what you do to the false positives who you identify as having some of the warning signs. This is easy to prevent among employees or students on a campus or patients in hospital, and very difficult to prevent in society at large under our system of law.[/quote]
  4. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  5. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

Experts says there is no predictive profile. We haven't found it yet.
  7. DeathHamster Member

Are the Vulture Ministers there yet?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

Is there money or cameras?
  9. Anonymous Member

10. rap

Assault rifle not used? Left in his car? Mother allegedly, legally purchaced it?
    I suggest it was planted.
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  11. Anonymous Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DeathHamster Member

They can put up their yellow tent, hand out leaflets, and give people Feel My Finger therapy.

They bring their own cameras so that they can take pictures of each other.
  13. Anonymous Member

About 20,000 thousand children die in Africa a day so where are the tears for them or do only White American children count?
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  14. The psychs are the cause of crime on this planet.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

^ really need to lose that
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. Anonymous Member

Do you really feel nothing and remember nothing of the Dunblaine massacre, the port Arthur massacre. the victims of the Lockerbie bombing, The Omagh bombing,911, London Tube bombings, The Bali bombings, The embassy bombings, The most recent Japanese tsunami,The goddamn Boxing Day Tsunami, should I go on?

I actually remember the faces that appeared in the newspapers, I remember where I was and how I felt at the time and still do to a lesser extent. Yes I thank god it wasn't me or one of my loved ones. I felt I couldn't breathe until I spoke to the people I knew caught up in some of those things. I sure as shit allow these events and individuals to inform my feelings on voting, standing for that I believe in, activism and raising my family.

If you truly feel nothing, and remember nothing,and dismiss those things as soon as they are over,then I feel sorry for your lack of empathy.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

Are you blind that you can't see the tears from across the world?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. AnonModz Member

What is even sadder is that I see more commercials on tv for neglected and abused animals than I do for people. Funny and ironic if you really stop and think about it.

And I don't have feelings for people, so what? Just because I have no feeling towards something doesn't make me any less human than you. You choose to let your emotions get in the way of your thinking, I don't. People die everyday constantly, why if a whole mass dies at once makes their lives more valuable than one dying at a time in a hospital. Where are the tears for them?

I accept that death is a part of life, most everyone cannot seem to accept the facts that this is the way it is and will always be. You mine as well move on and start living your life than thinking about those that are lost. They are gone, not coming back. And soon enough you will be a part of that number, why waste your time thinking about the not living?

It's not rational to waste the time you have living to worry about those that are not coming back.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

Honestly, the above post, and a couple of your previous posts before that one kinda indicate you are a troll from hell, or a complete sociopath who's capable of remorseless killing yourself. I truly hope you are just a tasteless troll.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. AnonModz Member

I have Aspergers Disorder and I was not taught as a child different emotions, so I guess I have tendencies of a psycho, but do not get me confused with a sociopath plz. Because there is a close but very distant difference between the two. :)

I just don't care about these people because they are not directly a part of my everyday life, so I pass them off as I would the 9/11 attacks. I find it to be a waste time caring for someone that no longer exists.
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

There are tears when people die one at a time. Since you don't have feelings you might be confused when you see water on their faces.

[/quote]
  22. AnonModz Member

I understand the tears but I just don't share them as most people do. People handle emotions differently, even if not a person with a social disorder. I laughed at a funeral when I saw the dead body for the first time as a boy, my only guess is I have never seen death up close so I laughed it off instead of tears.
  23. Anonymous Member

can you remember what it was like to be a child?
    can you see that other children have similar human experiences?
    that is empathy.
  24. AnonModz Member

As for the people dying one at a time in the hospital, I don't see people making it a part of their life to stop and think about them unless they are closely related to them or knew of them.

I guess to me the death of one person that I never knew dying somewhere in a hospital somewhere is just as equivalent as the people on 9/11, and the kids from columbine, and the elementary school shooting, it all equates the same in my mind because I did not know any of them, so my feelings of remorse do not exist. If it were my kid that was shot, then that would be a different story.

Who today really stops on a daily basis to think about all the lives lost to violence over the years, even before our time? If you stopped to think about it, then your life would be wasted on remorse and not on actually living your own life.

I remember my childhood vividly. I was a loner because someone with AS does not relate well with the social norm, I do my best so bear with me.
    • Like Like x 4
  25. Anonymous Member

AnonModz thinks this thread is about him. It's not, fool. Your opinions and theories about how it could have been done better are not interesting. Get lost.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

Ignore button works and it helps people.
  27. AnonModz Member

No thanks. And it's not about me, but last I checked I am entitled to my opinion, same as you.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...hy-are-mass-shootings-becoming-more-frequent/

Gun control.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...guns-and-mass-shootings-in-the-united-states/
    • Agree Agree x 2
  30. AnonModz Member

Also, according to statistics, people are more likely and has been proven to be true to kill themselves during the holiday season due to additional stress/monetary problems.

It's no shock that something like this would happen around this time.

Sucks for the parents of the lost kids that he made their children a part of his death wish.
  31. Anonymous Member

True that, brother.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

That was empathy for the parents^^^
    • Agree Agree x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

[IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  34. AnonModz Member

I did not say I felt bad for them, I said it sucks for those parents - let's not get confused now.
  35. AnonModz Member

I feel (for lack of a better word):

indifferent
    apathetic

Besides this good waste of time bickering meaninglessly over dead people, I need to get going. Nice chatting with you guys though, enjoy the thread.
  36. Anonymous Member

Ohmygosh.
    Cool?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

http://www.freakonomics.com/2005/05/15/abortion-and-crime-who-should-you-believe/
    Abortion and crime: who should you believe

38. Missfit Member

Not sure any truth behind this but his brother was quoted as saying he had autism and a personality disorder....not surprised the clams are trying to get in on this, although the funny part is many of these people that commit these murders are people with UNTREATED (Ahem, unmedicated and no psychological guidance) mental illness and maybe, just maybe, if we spent a little bit more time trying to help these sick people they wouldn't resort to killing people. and by HELP, I mean real help, not clam $cino bullshit quackery.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

Your posts concern me, and not from a "omg u a troll" perspective. People with AS can get help in identifying and expressing emotion, so you cannot fall back on your diagnosis as an excuse for anything you're saying. In fact, it's not just what you say but what you don't say that is troublesome.

Consider today's shooter. He most probably did not know those little kids he shot personally. To be able to gun down anyone, especially very young children, in cold blood indicates indifference and apathy toward them individually and collectively. He had already killed his mother at home, which begs the question why did he go to the school and shoot young children?

I hope to God you're trolling, but if not, you need help.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  40. AnonModz Member

I am not sure how to respond to the posts that are concerning you other than to say don't worry about what I am saying, I mean no harm to anyone. People with AS in general have difficulty expressing emotions or even identifying with other people in most cases. Most things are learned in childhood (as with any a normal person), trying to teach someone later in life how to express emotion (to me at least) is a waste of time and effort because with me it doesn't work, I have trouble with my relationships because of this. Empathy is not for me, I'm sorry (haha @ irony), I do however know the difference between right and wrong. The reason I became an anon was to make a difference for the better, so when you say what I am saying is troublesome you might try directing your concerns to someone that is out to cause harm, a good start would be the CoS.

I am by no means trolling, I have better things to do with my time than to start an online war with people that don't know me. I have explained some of my past to another anon on here and have also spent time with (others) as well. I am quite certain they would see that my personality is awkward, but my reasoning and thoughts are very rational and that I am here to do my part collectively and to do better than worse things. With that being said, lets try to stay on topic and less focus not on my lack of feelings but rather the basic topic at hand.

With that being said, people with feelings or no feelings can and will kill for stupid reasons or no reason at all. It is all part of the human condition. We are animals, take it or leave it but saying otherwise puts you in the denial category.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.