Customize

School shooting in CT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paroxetine Samurai, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Too right!

"opinions" are just leik arseholes. Not only do you have one, you ARE one(an arsehole, that is)

Weird, if it were YOUR child murdered senselessly , you'd certainly have a different perspective...even with your supposed/self-professed arseburguhs syndrome

Go FUCK yaself with a barbed-wired-broomstick.
    Try hide behind having assburguhs all you leik, it wont change you being a complete douche that robs good people of oxygen.

You better hope there is no greater powah(God!), cos youll be joining the leiks of LRH and Hitler receiving raepage by way of pineapple, every hour on the hour for all eternity

You sicken me to my very core
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. raboon Member

lol thread
  3. Anonymous Member

Anonmodz, you have successfully trolled/derailed the thread, please go away and post elsewhere, this thread is not about you.
  4. moarxenu Member

I don't see that Anonmodz has done anything wrong. He responded and others responded to him. That's not derail; that's conversation.

To move the conversation along here is an article from the Daily Mail about three teachers who sacrificed themselves to protect the kids.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dam-Lanza-massacred-26-Sandy-Hook-school.html

Victoria Soto:

article-2248477-1685EA81000005DC-965_306x423.jpg

Principal Dawn Hoschsprung:

article-2248477-16857504000005DC-788_306x423.jpg

School psychologist March Sherlach:

article-2248477-168593B8000005DC-933_306x423.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

6. Anonymous Member

"They're killing their own people!!!"
  7. iraniam Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

Praying may make some people feel better, but it won't actually, you know, accomplish anything. Like it or not, making automatic and semi-automatic weapons unavailable for sale is the only way to reduce these sorts of events. It's time the USA joined the rest of the civilized world.
  9. Anonymous Member

It's also a good time to ask why our armed forces are killing so many innocent kids in foreign coutries.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

Sometimes praying is the sane thing to do.
    to rise above atrocity, not become a shadow of it.

And, your pragmatic suggestion is correct.
    Also, less violence as entertainment in media.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

12. Boris Korczak Member

It is the culture of being "macho" fueled by TV, movies, games and "heroic" stories. Criminals and mentally disturbed people will always find a tool to kill, proving themselves being "macho", be it with a gun, knives, a hammer, plastic bag or bare hands. Growing up in this subculture of machismo creates present and future killers. Our GIs urinating on the dead bodies are an example of machismo. Banning guns won't do it, civilizing the country will but it will take time.
    Stay safe.
    BK
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  13. Anonymous Member

These are not simply ppl that find a weapon to kill. They are mass killers.
    It might be due to machismo but there is a lot of machismo and not very many mass killers. Leaders of suicide cults share a profile . Mass killers must have a profile and we haven't found it yet.
    Agree that enlightenment is the cure for most homicidal violence.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

The school massacre isn't about machismo. It's about notoriety and fame, the killer, as with all of theses types of killings, has issues with their standing within the community, as a last resort they seek going down in history by murdering as many people as they can before shooting themselves before cops can take them alive so the don't have to face up to what they have done. If society were to take the step of making these people nameless, not publicising, naming or anything else as to regard their identity it would stop this kind of thing happening again. It would make the whole thing pointless if the killer is just remembered as that, a killer. Their names would not go down in history and there would be no "going one step further than the last" type thing.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

This should be linked to the "Hero" thread elswheres, if anyone wants to question who is an hero, look no further.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

We'll never know, as they killed the perpetrator instead of arresting him.

OMMM, don't expect a flood of support from Afghanistan nor from Pakistan, as we've been busy killing their kids. Can't deal with it?
    YOU pay for that.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

Children of the Lie was about the Mei Li massacre and was a description of institutional violence. It takes a cultural change and how can we have a cultural change in an army at war? There will always be war and I want to be in a country with a strong army.
  18. Anonymous Member

19. Anonymous Member

Oops.
    I meant to say that the media downplays copycat killings that occur after mass killings to discourage them. So the chain won't continue. If the killers KNEW they won't be famous it would help
  20. Anonymous Member

The killer committed suicide. The killers are suicidal and want traveling companions. Profiling these ppl is postmortem . 'we will never know' and comparing institutional violence to lone wolf mass killings is fail logic.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. That is an odd comment, as I like what an organization like UNICEF stands for.
    There is humanity out there.
    In times of inexplicable trauma, people naturally go into overdrive trying to prematurely label and quite often incorrectly attempt at making quick and broad conclusions. Time will sort it out, even though it is sadly too late for some beautiful and innocent schoolchildren and serious role-model American schoolteachers who may have gotten caught up in the crosshairs of a troubled family home in what was, until yesterday morning, a safe and idyllic suburb.

If anything, add to your siren calls a suggestion that more mental health resources be made more broadly available and that communities come together to learn about civil ways of self-expression and healing discord in trying times.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

You obviously are unaware that there are countries that do not have, nor need, military forces.
    Maybe if your country stopped making enemies everywhere, you all wouldn't need one, either. Farfetched, I know.
  23. Anonymous Member

Please tell me why an American life is worth more than a non-American life. (Clue: it isn't).

BTW, as the situation in America gets worse and worse, there will be more people becoming tragically unhinged. All the mental health treatments, coping tools, and medications (well, OK, may besides lithium and lobotomies) won't change that, so long as the American people are forced into economic desperation.
    Good luck with that.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

Costa Rica, switzerland ,Japan. Interesting group. Costa Rica and Switzerland set the selfs up a moderators, Japan has no army but that was forced on them by the conquerors with a promise that they would be defended. Their allies are not involving themselves in Japan's aggression against china, Japan is considering rebuilding an army.
  25. Anonymous Member

Never said that.
    Again, we're jumping to broad conclusions extrapolated from one recent incident which has not yet been fully understood.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. mongrel Member

I have nothing to contribute to this thread other than a picture.

zanjK.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  27. Anonymous Member

28. Anonymous Member

I'm a supporter of the right to bear arms (US constitution) but we need better gun controll.
  29. Anonymous Member

Uh, I think it is far too late to have "gun control" when so many millions of guns are already out there in the U.S.

This latest psycho was using his mothers gun/s?
  30. Anonymous Member

In which case one must ask why his mom had so many guns.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

You answered your own question
  32. Anonymous Member

Nope. The right to bear arms shouldn't 'be the right to collect guns. Nothing in the second amendment about how many guns, just that we have the right to have one.
  33. <v>

34. iraniam Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  35. Tourniquet Member

There are no words that can convey the depth of the pain...
  36. iraniam Member

http://blogs.reuters.com/nicholas-wapshott/2012/12/14/newtown-family-drama-as-national-tragedy/
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  37. AnonModz Member

The true fail is thinking their is any control in the first place. It doesn't exist, just like your personal safety can be raped at any time wether you like it or not you could die at any moment from anyones hands. This whole incident is a very good example of the type of control we are referring to.

Taking away guns and enforcing laws will just make the illegal gun market more profitable, and then when a legitimate person wants to buy a gun to protect his family/business then he is the one getting the shaft. The 9/11 incident just made life for Americans more of a pain in the ass to get on airplanes, TSA does the USA no good.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  38. Anonymous Member

Look, the whole 2nd amendment equals better protection argument falls flat on its face if you actually think about what happened, has happened many times before, and will continue doing so as long as there is no gun control in the USA.

You tell me why 20 kids and several teachers wound up dead if the 2nd amendment is the beacon of protectionism. Or are you going to argue we should slip colts into lunch boxes?
  39. AnonModz Member

I agree that the amendment will do nothing. But also, what exactly do you mean by control, because as I see it... That is like saying you can control what time people go to bed, etc. The only way to control someone would be to lock them in a rubber room. Besides that, you cannot control guns or people with guns. Because people have brains and they know how to get guns without you knowing about it. Illegally, and if the US imposes that control as you put it, I am sure people here in the US will find offshore countries that will be more than glad to make some $$ to send some guns our way..

So tell me exactly what gun control would do then? Tell me about Columbine High School while your at it...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  40. Anonymous Member

AM does make one valid point^. Prohibition is never a solution, only the start of new problems (viz. alcohol, drugs). There has to be another way we haven't conceived of, yet.

There is not "no gun control" in the US. The trouble is there are many ways of circumventing the controls, and there will always be a black market where criminals can strap up.
    NYT:
    If Guns Do Not Kill, Tax the Bullets
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.