Customize

School shooting in CT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paroxetine Samurai, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

Re-read the US Constitution. What does "government by the people" mean? How far does the responsibility of "the people" extend in regard to the establishment (or disestablishment) of the government? And, please don't tell me that Congress = "the people".
  2. Anonymous Member

"[T]hey" being... ?
  3. Anonymous Member

Anon has a good point. Grow a pair or don a dress.
  4. Anonymous Member

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/16/us/connecticut-school-shooting/index.html

Assault weapons should be illegal.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Our militarized government, the militarized police. Cheney was a traitor.
  6. Anonymous Member

Femanon here fuck u for 'dress' analogy.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

And this would prevent criminals from getting them HOW?
    Did you know that people are able to buy illegal drugs on the streets of your town?
    inb4 zOMG!!!111
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

I agree with you, he still is, and there is no statute of limitation on first-degree murder, nor on crimes against humanity. What patriot is going to make a citizen's arrest to uphold the US Constitution, since so far no uniformed law enforcement official has shown the balls to do it?
  9. Anonymous Member

Come on over and fuck me anytime.
    I'll even don a dress for ya.
  10. Anonymous Member

Oooooo transvestite. Hot.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

Wait... you believe "when guns are outlawed, outlaws will have guns"??
  12. Anonymous Member

We keep thinking he will die off, but he is becoming the first Borg.
  13. Anonymous Member

14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

A small percentage of our population suffers from intellectual and emotional problems that make them a chronic safety risk for the rest of us. We can care for them --we've always cared for them-- but we must be realistic about the problems.

In my state most of the long-term beds at the state hospital have been cut due to budget problems. Some legislator is getting pats on the back for that. However, the people who need those beds haven't magically vanished. They're still here, on our streets and in our emergency rooms. Sometimes they are in the ER for several weeks, even months, with police outside their tiny room to protect them and others. Who pays for this? No one. The hospital just eats the cost. But when the hospital gets in financial trouble, the local community has to bail them out.

When these folks go to a group home or some other residential program and they assault someone, the cops don't want to arrest them. They say it's because they can't prosecute --not always true. The real reason is, if the person needs to go to the hospital (which they often do), that comes out of the local police budget. An ER trip can be several thousand dollars.

Each state needs to identify its own chronically dangerous and mentally ill/disabled residents and needs to manage their housing, healthcare, and criminal justice costs from one comprehensive budget in a rational manner.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Anonymous Member

A Catholic Church was evacuated in Newtown, CT. about an hour ago due to an alleged bomb threat. :(
  17. eddieVroom Member

Let's face it: Guns *are* the GOteaP's religion.

hailglock.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Missfit Member

Banning 32oz of Mountain Dew in NYC is equivalent to Banning semi assault weapons, The smaller version is still legal and people will just buy more smaller ones to equate for losing the bigger ones. Furthermore, banning 32oz sodas does not stop obesity, education does. Banning guns doesn't stop murder, education does. Shut the fuck up about the guns and get to the real issues.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

So, we should be teaching our kids to not flip out, steal mom's guns, shoot mom in the face, take said guns their former elementary schools and murder a class of little kids? Ok, got it. I think you're on to something!

These 26 people were all shot, multiple shots each, with only ONE survivor, in a matter of moments. I think we need something a little more stringent than some new curricula.

There's no need for semi-assault weapons, for enhanced/modified clips. NO REASON.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

There's no need for it, but that doesn't mean it won't exist. If someone wants it, they'll find it.
  21. Missfit Member

go back and read everything I've said in this thread and then come try and jerk your non existent load on my face again, please.
  22. Anonymous Member

Of course. But, there's less of a chance that a mom with a sick son would go to the local Crips chapter to buy a semi-assault rifle for a "gun collection". It's tragic that the mother had to die at the hands of her son for many reasons. For example, we'll never be able to ask HER WTH she had that kind of weaponry in a house with her troubled son...

Hopefully, no one is naive enough to believe gun control like this would wipe the world free of all semi-automatics. However, there would be a lot less available, and they'd be a lot harder/expensive to obtain.

Or, we could lock up every white male between the ages of 16-29 and call it a day....
  23. Anonymous Member

You're right, I have no load. :(
  24. Anonymous Member

Please lrn2ballistic before you compare a 9mm bullet and a .223 to a small Mountain Dew and a larger 32oz Mountain Dew. the .223 caliber (aka a5.56mm) bullet is a military-grade ammunition, as a matter of fact its what NATO uses. Granted, the military also uses 9mm and .45 ammo in some sidearms, but sidearms are not their primary weaponry, they are meant to be used in other circumstances. The shooter also used the .223 to force is way in the school, we do not know the exact circumstance yet but its fair to assume that a high velocity bullet does more damage to a door than a 9mm or .45 bullet which doesn't have the same power and velocity.
  25. Anonymous Member

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

Newtown school shooter’s mother collected guns, was loath to let people inside home
  27. Missfit Member

wasn't quite comparing mountain dew to guns per se, more the idea behind it. But now I'd really like a mountain dew while I do some reading on guns to learn more. And that wasn't sarcasm.
  28. eddieVroom Member

I've been hearing this same old song and dance my entire life, and I'm sick of it.

That clip first aired about 42 years ago. Nothing has changed.
  29. Anonymous Member

Nation of weapon junkies and infidels.
  30. Anonymous Member

Sorry about your country.
  31. Anonymous Member

Oh, right. Is this the part where we get to tell you to go back and reread everything you've written? Because...

Looks like a comparison of MD to semi-assault weapons to me. But, then...I'm still looking for my load to shoot on your face. :p
  32. Anonymous Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_Preppers
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/12/adam-lanzas-mother-was-an-avid-gun-collector.html
    She took her emotionally troubled son for target practice.
  33. Anonymous Member

The reporting on this story has been for the shits. The country's "best newspapers" can't even get the facts right -- for a full day they mis-reported that the shooter's mother taught at the school.

Even worse, "journalists" have knocked on back doors and interviewed people who barely knew the mother, including her gardener, to gather "insights" on the parenting skilz of a woman whose deranged son murdered her. They ought to have their press cards confiscated.

Yes, people want answers. So reporters make 'em up. I prefer to wait until real investigators dig deeper to learn what happened. The final answer will not be a simple, convenient answer like "bad parenting."
  34. Anonymous Member

Ad revenue from online 'news' site hits bitch, fuck off with your requirement for facts and accuracy!
  35. Anonymous Member

Beg to differ. Taking your emotionally troubled kid for target practice, leaving a gun collection unsecured- bad parenting.
  36. Missfit Member

You're doing the same thing everyone else is doing, skirting the issue. No, guns are not a sugary soda. I was simply comparing How backwards it was to think you can end obesity by banning large sodas to how backward it is to think people won't be murdered horrifically by banning semi automatic weapons. The real problem is what drove that person to do such a thing and that's what we need to deal with. and everyone is making such a huge hoopla over the gun thing that they are failing to see the actual crisis. Ahem, Mountain Dew are the same as guns ;) Banning semi-automatic weapons probably should happen, I don't really know, and I'm sure it could happen quicker than we can fix the other problems, but it's causing everyone to lose sight of what happens after we stop talking about the guns. Tis all I was saying.

p.s. Maybe if you stopped drinking so much Mountain Dew your load would be larger...hehehe ;)
    • Winner Winner x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

Thanks for that example ...

How do you know that the shooter's mother left her gun collection unsecured? How DID the kid get her guns? Just because she was found shot in the face, is that how he killed her (assuming he's the one who killed her)? How many times did she take him for target practice? When did she start? When did she stop? Did she not help him enough with his homework?

While we're at it, let's rip into the dad, too. What did he do or not do as a father that made his kid murder 20 first-graders? Spanked him? Divorced his mom? Got remarried later? Fed him genetically altered corn? Sent him to a shrink? Didn't send him to a shrink? Sent him to a bad shrink?

Yeah. It's obvious. Their parenting skilz sucked. Otherwise, the kid woulda been an eagle scout.

Wordclear psychotic.
  38. Anonymous Member

America can't change overnight, no country can, but it has to change its societies worshiping of guns. There is NO need whatsoever for weapons of the sort sold over the counter in the US, none! In the days the "right to bear arms" was written then it was probably true, but they could not have foreseen weapons such as modified semi automatic assault rifles being available to the general public. In those days a good marksman could hit a tree at 20 yards as the guns were early in their development and not the finely tuned killing instruments they are today.

Yes, banning everything except hand guns will not stop killing sprees but it will reduce the numbers of victims, you can't spray a magazine into a classroom with a hand gun, the majority of the public would struggle to hit a moving target with a hand gun. With a semi auto assault you don't need so much accuracy, just rounds! Also a person hell bent on killing will feel less invincible if he is carrying only handguns, carrying a military grade weapon makes any retard feel like they own the world and fuck all can stop them.

The sorts of weapons available in gun shops in the US are extreme, completely unsuitable for the public. That needs to change, then maybe the people themselves will change, not overnight but over a generation maybe.
  39. Anonymous Member

Because her son got to them.
    r u kidding me
  40. Anonymous Member

Where's your gun cabinet key? On your key ring?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.