Customize

School shooting in CT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paroxetine Samurai, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Member

You have posted something both intelligent and sincere finally. You get some respect for that.

To answer your question: Your guess is as good as anybody else. If somebody knew, then maybe this wouldn't have happened.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Well there are the parents of those kids that have been slaughtered, maybe you should explain your "principles" to them at each successive funeral. Im sure they would just love to hear your argument you put forward.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I believe Anonymous isn't able to solve personal or social or political ills and maladies of the USA as of now ITT.

Prove me wrong. :cool:
  4. Anonymous Member

You just lost the respect you had gained.

You spend your days sucking cock. Prove me wrong.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Yeah, emotion always trumps logic.
    This is why shit like this happens in the first fucking place.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. See? I'm not that stupid douchebag after all (when I try to understand). :cool:
    And I believe it's hard to NOT understand. We all live on the same planet after all, where nowadays anyone could be in their place.

My guess is that in the USA virtual reality came close to IRL like nowhere else. Especially, for the youngters.- People (younger generation) tend to look at life thru the prism of their computer screen. And they tend to judge how to live, how to behave, what to put on, who to deal with, how to deal with people... thru a computer, thru the Internet.

Just some raw thoughts.
  7. Anonymous Member

Well, why don't you try more often, and just skip the fucking douchebaggery?
    You could start by manning up and registering.
  8. Anonymous Member

Last year people stabbed each other and themselves in Japan at rate equal to me amount of the so called gun violence. The 8 from Great Britain is just flat out a lie. Also when people manipulate these numbers the add deaths by the police and citizen self defense for the US but subtract those same numbers for international stats. Of course this is not surprising for an organization that has been caught making things up before to push their agenda. These people never talk about violence just gun violence. I guess it would be ok for this guy to have stabbed all of those kids to death.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

He would have been beaten to death with a chair before he got to kill all those kids with a knife.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Anonymous Member

GUN CONTROL KILLS

11. Anonymous Member

For perspective:

Published on Monday, December 17, 2012 by Common Dreams
    10 Girls Dead Following Deadly Blast in Afghanistan
    As US mourns 20 children killed in gun massacre amid calls for greater gun control, landmine blast leaves Afghans mourning

- Andrea Germanos, staff writer
    At least 10 young girls in Afghanistan were killed on Monday from what is believed to be a landmine explosion.
    The girls, aged 9-11, were collecting firewood in the eastern section of the country.
    Reuters reports:
    Relatives and villagers carried the bodies of the girls - aged between nine and 11 - from the site of the blast on simple wooden beds on their shoulders. They were covered in thick bedspreads.
    Hundreds of mourners prayed near their corpses, spread out on the dirt floor out before burial.
    Agence France-Presse reports that "despite international clearance efforts, more than three decades of war have left Afghanistan one of the most heavily-mined countries in the world."

Following its latest annual report by the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL), Mark Hiznay, editor of the report, said that despite the "great gains" made towards achieving a mine-free world, "eliminating the daily impact landmines have on countless communities will require a sustained international effort for years to come.”

The US is not a signatory to the landmine treaty, thus maintaining the right to produce them.

In a separate incident on Monday, a suicide bombing in Kabul that targeted US contracting company Contrack International Inc. left two civilians dead.

Human rights lawyer and law professor Bill Quigley writes that while the President offers condolences to the families of the 20 children shot in the massacre in Newton, Connecticut, he must also remember the countless children across the globe who die in tragedies every day, including "the 231 children killed in Afghanistan in the first 6 months of this year."

And on Friday, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon stated in a report that ongoing violence in Afghanistan was taking an “unacceptable toll” on civilians, with an increase in civilian casualties of 28 per cent between 1 August and 31 October compared to the same period last year.

"Women and children are often the victims of the war between the Taliban and US-led Nato and Afghan forces, now in its eleventh year," the Irish Times writes in a report on Monday's blast.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Or these teachers could have been armed and shot him! The guy in China that stabbed 22 kids with no one stopping him did not have anyone beat him with a chair either. You the the problem is the anti self preservation mentality. How about a bomb? You can't but those anyplace yet that does not stop people from using them.
  13. Anonymous Member

The issue is not handguns for the majority of Americans, it is military grade weapons. As for the knife debate you are aware that a man in China did go to a school and stab 22 children that same day? Yeah, none of them are dead.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

The idea is to take the ease out of indiscriminate mass murder.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Anonymous Member

The vast majority of these shooting are not with military grade weapons. Nor is that relevant as purely civilian weapons can shoot the same amount of ammo but look cosmetically different. But take a look at the anti gun ad posted. That is a six shot pistol and that is the poster child of what anti gun people hate. So no your argument is not truthful. They hate all guns.
  16. Anonymous Member

If it were that simple, then this tragedy would never have happened.

Sadly, it is not. Anon is not Superman, no matter how much it does within WWP or beyond that.

Thus proving you can do anything if you put your mind to it.

True and well put.

While a strong argument could be done about whether or not you are correct, it really comes down to this:

These children seen and experienced something no child or adult should have.

The real sad tragedy is that this is occurring all over the globe right now and doesn't get it's just coverage.
  17. WTF are you talking about???

Innocent kids were killed. And their teachers. :(:(:(

This thread is not about who thinks what about the USA politics, social life, treatment of children, psychiatry, scientology, guns, knives, chairs used as a weapon.... Or is it?
  18. Anonymous Member

Time and again in China we hear reports of complete indifference to loss of human life (see articles on nobody assisting when witnessing small children being hit by vehicles) I have no answer to that indifference. The Chinese themselves see it as a problem and are calling on government to help change it.

The vast majority of Americans I believe (or hope) would step forward to help a child run down child. Cultural differences, I'm not sure why this is so.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

Wow. Who would have thought you'd, of all people, would be the voice of reason here?
  20. Anonymous Member

Also your point about those kids being stabbed not dying also completely irrelevant. With a larger knife or smaller kids the would have been. There are many cases of mass stabbings where people don't live and mass shootings where they do. Would you care for some examples? I can give them to you if you like. They are not hard to find. Also look in to the Happy Land Fire where a guy used a few dollars of gas and killed 87 people. Again focusing on the means i absurd.
  21. Anonymous Member

Considering the poster you put up is from an group focusing on handgun control I'd say the members of that group all oppose hand guns. To assume that all people who favor gun control of some sort want hand guns controlled shows that you haven't done your homework. I am active in many very liberal causes, most of us don't want hand guns or hunting guns banned, only assault weapons and large clips.
  22. Anonymous Member

Agreed, but an in tandem approach of attending to
    Gun law- limiting capacity to massacre
    Mental Health system- Ailing system needs urgent repair
    Societal indifference- No ideas how to fix that one.

Coolest, I also agree, and calls were made early ITT to limit posting to the loss of these innocents.

However, it is apparent if this event passes in silence to the back of people's minds without any discussion on change, then those kids will have died in vain.

Granted Anonymous is not the vehicle for that change, but stifling conversation on hope for change is not an answer either.
  23. To all of you, living in the USA:

I live in Russia. I don't own a gun. I don't need a gun. Have never needed, will never need.
    Nuff said
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

This is exactly the time to discuss it. There have been 31 school shootings since Columbine. Should we wait to discuss it after 32? Politics and some ridiculous sense of NRA imposed etiquette stifled past discussions. A room full of dead 6 year olds demands that this matter be addressed. WWP is a great place for this dialog. Where else can you mentally spare with people who do their homework and demand facts?
  25. Anonymous Member

I understand your frustration with a society where random people go out and murder people. But those without principle can never know when to take a stand and will sacrifice ANYTHING when push comes to shove, and that results in far worse tragedies, more on the line with what Boris was talking about, where 50,000 people are killed rather than 26.

That pragmatic stance, as opposed to a principled stand, will always result in far worse consequences down the road. You seem willing to sacrifice principle for a mess of pottage, and destroy all you hope to gain thereby.
  26. WHY?
    Why here?
    To disturb ("enturbulate") those who have already been disturbed (i.e. deeply concerned)???
  27. Let's talk about facts. RELEVANT TO THE OP facts. Shall we?
    (I'm a bit tired of reading discussions about guns in the USA. How about 1 of U start a thread about guns, other weapons, and Mods move all of that there?)
  28. Anonymous Member

Beslan.
  29. Anonymous Member

Threads do evolve over time. Discussing solutions after digesting the horror of the event, is a perfectly normal, even healthy evolution of this thread.
  30. Anonymous Member

You obviously have not the slightest concept of the uses of human discourse.
    ITT, these would be:
    1. Therapeutic
    2. Attempting to understand
    3. Brainstorming to arrive at possible solutions

From your history here, I know that these concepts may be beyond your ken.

Also: Word-clear and clay demo "hivemind"
  31. eddieVroom Member

There's a hair-splitting difference in definition between an "assault rifle" vs. an "assault weapon".

It's kind of like scientologists using the word "ethical'.
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

That's like assuming that everyone who ever took a bong hit will magically gain the skill, time, tools and talent to grow super-dooper buds the day weed is legalized.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  33. Anonymous Member

If you don't like this discussion, leave it.
  34. It's great if ITT made people to 1-2-3. - But it hasn't. It made them argue about rights for having guns (I know rednecks can't help but own the guns. lol). - How the F has their arguments about whether or not one can own a gun has anything to do with the fact that 27 people were murdered for no reason (with a gun). Because of the gun being involved?
  35. If I don't like this world, should I leave it? - Just asking.
  36. Anonymous Member

Oh. You again. And you're now a full-time troll? What a miserable life.
    • Like Like x 1
  37. Anonymous Member

Yes, absolutely, or get psychiatric help for your condition.
  38. This thread has had nothing to do with who you are and who I am. Has it?
  39. Anonymous Member

Hm.
    Do you have a mental age of 5?
  40. Anonymous Member

No, but your narcissism has a way of showing itself. You have to make every thread about you, and your whoring for attention.
    Are you a dipsomaniac also?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.