Customize

Scientologist Judy Nagengast sued by Paul and Chelsea Wysong for religious discrimination

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Jan 23, 2017.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Former Continental Design employee files lawsuit alleging religious discrimination

By Stuart Hirsch, The Herald Bulletin, January 23, 2017

Quote:

A local businesswoman is under fire for alleged religious discrimination and unlawful retaliation, wrongful discharge, and breach of contract in her dealings with two former employees.

Those allegations are the basis of a lawsuit filed against Judy Nagengast last week in the Darke County (Ohio) Court of Common Pleas Civil Division by Paul and Chelsea Wysong, of Palestine, Ohio.

Nagengast is the president and chief executive officer of Anderson-based Continental Design Co. Inc., which operates several business divisions including staffing, quality control, and specialty LED lighting.

Wysong joined the company working as a quality control manager in July 2016, according to the legal compaint; his wife, Chelsea, began working for the company in October 2014. Both were fired Dec. 29.

Wysong earned $80,000 per year, plus certain bonuses and commission on sales.

According to the complaint, “he was required by Ms. Nagengast to participate in Scientology religious practices, such as audits, made to partake in Scientology training, was given numerous pieces of Scientology literature and instructed to attend Scientology courses at locations in California, Indiana and Florida.”

The Wysongs, who identified themselves as Christians, said in the complaint, “Ms. Nagengast’s conduct in imposing her religion of Scientology on Mr. Wysong was unwelcome and created a hostile work environment for Mr. Wysong.”

<snipped>

Now recognized as a legitimate religion in the United States, the church as a controversial history. It is considered a cult by some people, and a commercial enterprise by other critics.

In an interview last week, Nagengast, an adherent of Scientology, categorically denied ever forcing her religious beliefs on Wysong or his wife.

“Everything in this lawsuit is totally false,” Nagengast said, characterizing Wysong as both a disgruntled employee who “did a lousy job.”

“I don’t care about what anybody’s religion is,” she said.

Wysong is seeking unpaid commissions and bonuses, and the recovery of lost wages; compensatory and punitive damages, and the payment of reasonable attorney fees.

Nagengast, meanwhile, said she is planning to file a countersuit against Wysong.

Full article: http://www.heraldbulletin.com/news/...cle_7a548d23-9f81-5882-b9f1-c7cb8dbb00ea.html
    • Like Like x 2
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

Here are some threads about similar lawsuits.

2012: Bend dentist ordered to pay $350K to ex-employee
    https://whyweprotest.net/threads/bend-dentist-ordered-to-pay-350k-to-ex-employee.105573/

2013: Court won't halt Bend dentist's $348,000 penalty for mandatory Scientology-based training
    https://whyweprotest.net/threads/co...-mandatory-scientology-based-training.110567/

2015: Woman sues Pasadena-based Lusida Rubber Products over alleged forced Scientology sessions
    https://whyweprotest.net/threads/wo...r-alleged-forced-scientology-sessions.130858/

2016: David Bunting sues Blackstone Medical for religious harassment and retaliation
    https://whyweprotest.net/threads/da...-religious-harassment-and-retaliation.132074/
    • Like Like x 2
  4. RightOn Member

counter suing. :rolleyes:
    Would love to see that argument!
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Quentinanon Member

Bill and Judy Nagengast were staff members at the Detroit Morg during the late 1970's. Bill was Flag Banking Officer and Judy was either Qualifications or Technical Secretary in the Day Morg. They had a pottery business as a moonlight. They were both bigtime KoolAid drinkers then. Judy has to be in her 60's now. I would put her in the category of hopeless cases who will never recover.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Quentinanon Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Incredulicide Member

An easy to copy/paste summary of all 22 (so far) known cases. Let me know if I missed any:

1987: Loretta Garrett, 27, head of the sales department at a 65-employee phone-answering service called Megaplex in Atlanta, was persuaded by her boss, John Stewart Jr., to take a Scientology course. At first it seemed to her like straightforward management training. But after a couple of sessions in what was called a communications course, she found herself deep into Scientology -- the obscure language, the bullbaiting, the confront. ''They tried to get us to admit guilt because sales were poor,'' says Garrett. ''They wanted to get us past the analytical brain to clear the inner brain, where the poor sales were caused.'' Another employee, who has since resigned, said the training was ''one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. It was essentially brainwashing.'' After Garrett refused Stewart's invitation to go to the local Scientology mission to have her personality ''audited,'' she concluded that people who didn't go along with Scientology wouldn't get anywhere at Megaplex. She quit; Stewart responded by telling her that she was fired. Garrett, who is black, filed a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
    1988: Dentist Robert Geary of Medina, Ohio, entered a Sterling seminar and endured "the most extreme high-pressure sales tactics I have ever faced." Sterling officials told Geary, 45, that their firm was not linked to Scientology, he says. but Geary claims they eventually convinced him that he and his wife Dorothy had personal problems that required auditing. Over five months, the Gearys say, they spent $130,000 for services, plus $50,000 for "gold-embossed, investment-grade" books signed by Hubbard. Geary contends that Scientologists not only called his bank to increase his credit card limit but also forged his signature on a $20,000 loan application. "It was insane," he recalls. "I couldn't even get an accounting from them of what I was paying for." At one point, the Gearys claim, Scientologists held Dorothy hostage for two weeks in a mountain cabin, after which she was hospitalized for a nervous breakdown.
    1990: In a lawsuit filed against Stryker Systems, a California software company, employees claim they were ordered to read and complete written exercises in the books Introduction to Scientology Ethics and Personal Integrity. The plaintiffs, who were allegedly fired for refusing to adopt the Scientology practice of "writing up their overts and withholds" (meaning confessing bad thoughts and actions), won an undisclosed settlement.
    October 1990: Sterling broke some bad news to dentist Glover Rowe of Gadsden, Ala., and his wife Dee. Tests showed that unless they signed up for auditing Glover's practice would fail, and Dee would someday abuse their child. The next month the Rowes flew to Glendale, Calif., where they shuttled daily from a local hotel to a Dianetics center. "We thought they were brilliant people because they seemed to know so much about us," recalls Dee. "Then we realized our hotel room must have been bugged." After bolting from the center, $23,000 poorer, the Rowes say, they were chased repeatedly by Scientologists on foot and in cars.
    1991: An investment firm owned by Joel Feshbach, an acknowledged Scientologist, purchased Cocolat, a West Coast candy company that was having some financial troubles. Then, in early 1993, thirteen management and administrative employees told local newspapers that they had quit their jobs at Cocolat because their employer was using management techniques based on the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard. The company reportedly fired an additional six managers after they had resisted the company's management philosophy. Claims of religious harassment were filed with the EEOC by employees.
    September 1992: Applied Materials, a California computer chip manufacturer, settled out of court for an estimated $600,000 with three former employees who alleged that they were driven out of the company after they complained about courses given on the job by a management consulting group basing its work on Hubbard's writings
    September 1992: Dental assistants say firing result of their rejection of Scientology
    June 1993: in Baton Rouge, Louisiana a suit was filed against Landmark Dental Care reporting an employee was fired because she was expected to join the Church of Scientology, and to use Scientology practices and terminology in the office
    October 1993: the Nassau County (New York) Commission on Human Rights found “probable cause” in the case of two employees of a physical therapy firm who were discharged by their employer for refusing to take training courses given by Sterling Management Systems.
    1998: dentist was sued for religious discrimination in the workplace by a former employee who alleged in court that she was fired for refusing to take a Scientology-filled Hubbard Administrative Technology "statistics" course
    December 1999: Religious Pressure at Texas Vet Clinic Leads to $150,000 U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Settlement (Stephen Kent affidavit)
    January 2000: two dentists were defrauded by Scientology after signing up for management training courses
    September 2002: The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a lawsuit on behalf of former employees of a dentist in Harlingen, Texas who refused to attend Scientology training courses
    May 2003: three former employees of an Aurora, Ohio dentist asserted in court that they were dismissed from their jobs for their refusal to take part in Sterling Management's Scientology-based seminars
    March 2005: a dentist in Baltimore, Maryland sued by former employee who accused her employer of religious discrimination for failure to adapt her religious beliefs to Scientology
    October 2006: the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a federal lawsuit against a Plano, Texas dentist on behalf of a former receptionist alleging she was pressured to study Scientology during mandatory meetings on her own time, and was told to "increase business by concentrating on her phone to make it ring"
    December 2008: two former employees of Diskeeper sued the company for being dismissed for refusing to participate in Scientology training courses
    October 2012: Dentist fined nearly $348,000 for requiring Scientology-based training for staff (Appeal denied on April 23, 2013)
    May 2013: Florida Chiropractor Forced Scientology on Staff, taken to court by U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ($170,000 settlement, December 17)
    December 2015: Four employees sued Pasadena firm that forced Scientology on them
    July 2016: Florida man sued medical sleep testing company after its dapper CEO forced Scientology on him
    January 2017: Two staff sued Judy Nagengast, president and chief executive officer of Anderson-based Continental Design Co. Inc., which operates several business divisions including staffing, quality control, and specialty LED lighting, for requiring them to participate in Scientology religious practices, such as audits, to partake in Scientology training, given numerous pieces of Scientology literature and instructed to attend Scientology courses at locations in California, Indiana and Florida
    • Like Like x 4

8. Could you please contact me at MOD EDIT EMAIL DELETED.

9. More parts to this story on youtube on Scientology Front Group 'Sterling Group', a WISE scam company. Wise companies all pay 10% to Scientology off the top in addition to recruits and the money Scientology makes from their required LRH 'Business' courses.

Here's a good example of how Scientology infiltrates businesses through front groups and offers their 'help' to make a business grow.

Scientologists slowly but surely take over all management of the dentist office, chiropractors, physical therapists, etc and eventually require Scientology 'training' courses for all employees.

Do this TODAY...........WISE what a scam of multiple front groups,............ many go bankrupt and start up under a new management group name and on and on. I'd love to know how many Scientology companies have taken the money and gone under only to open as a new management group and on and on it goes............

Fowler Software is one. Company Chief OTVII Rex 'I need Scientology like a hole in the head or two' Fowler shot and killed his one non-Scientologist investor, Tom Cianci, who complained about Rex donating huge sums of company money to Scientology. Rex failed in an attempt to kill himself right after but the shot when in and out the top of his forehead and he survived to be convicted Tom's murder.

Scientologists: The most ethical people on the Planet........Right, Ron?
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Quentinanon Member

WISE "consultants" often financially raid businesses and channel the money to scientology. "Never fear to hurt another in a just cause." L. Ron Hubbard
    Ask veternarian Donna Shannon what a WISE consultant did to her practice in South Florida.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Hi ohioguy
    We don't leave emails posted here. It could be yours, or your roommate's or your ex football coach's. If you want to reach Quentinanon you can register and send him a private message.
    Folks are aware that responding to emails gives out your IP and other identifying data.
    Good luck
    • Like Like x 4
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

Fired For Refusing Scientology by Paul Wysong & Family | GoFundMe

Quote:

I was the President of Continental Inc. located in Anderson, Indiana up until last week. The CEO (Judy Nagengast) was forcing me to take Scientology classes and fill out Scientology forms as a daily part of my duties and on top of this, she rebuffed on two of our written, signed agreements due to the fact that I, "hadn't completed my training courses" which were no part of the signed agreements.

As of 12/23/16 I'd had enough of the abuse from her and the other scientologist within her company, so I hired an attorney. The next business day after I hired an attorney and filed an EEOC claim against my employer, they retaliated by firing me, my wife and my friend who also worked for the company (although neither of them filed suit).

I've seen it first hand...not a pretty religion and they have NO regard for honesty, truthfulness, family or honor. The CEO went so far as to "audit" me and considered my dead father a "suppressive personality" in my life and told me I should no longer visit his grave.

This is only a portion of my personal story. We are now a family of five with zero income and no insurance coverage and I'm afraid of what the next few months hold for my family and I.

I'm a prideful man so starting this page is emotionally painful for me but many others have suggested I do so. Any donations received will go towards living and legal expenses while we fight this battle and search for new jobs. Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Best regards,
    Paul Wysong and family

Source: https://www.gofundme.com/370juxs
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Update 1

Posted by Paul Wysong & Family
    1 day ago

As of Jan 31st, our former employer has countersued me. Now we need to pay a Civil Defense Lawyer to defend us in the State of Indiana, Madison County for Continental v. Wysong as well.

The scientology based owners are doing their best to attack me and burden me with financial hardship so I'll be forced to drop the original suit filed against them in Darke County, OH.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  14. DeathHamster Member

https://www.glassdoor.com.au/Overview/Working-at-Continental-Indiana-EI_IE826626.11,30.htm
    • Like Like x 1
  15. PODCAST: Chris C [@MiamiSixthMan] of Come Get Sum [@CGSHere] talks with Paul Wysong about his lawsuit for pro-Scientology religious employment discrimination PLUS interview of Aaron Smith-Levin [@GrowingupinSCN] about Scientology and the Aftermath .

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/cgshere/2017/02/24/come-get-some-extra-scientology-aaron-smith-levin-p1

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Today's show starts with a conversation with Paul Wysong (A man allegedly (I believe him) fired for not becoming a Scientologist) at his WISE company job. Due to pending legal hearings this conversation is kept rather vague but I match his claims with several other claims just like his!

Aaaron Smith-Levin (As seen on Scientology: Aftermath and his Youtube Channel: Growning Up In Scientology) talks about being on aftermath, How leaving Scientology has been a positive for him, Disconnection and much more!!

What is a WISE Company and why are they making employees become Scientologists? Why was Aaron's wife, who is already declared a SP, not on Aftermath? Are SP's doomed to roam the Earth unclear? Find out the answers to these questions and much more on Friday's edition of Come Get Sum!!!!

Pauls's Email

Pwysongiii@hotmail.com

@GrowingupinSCN

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *