Customize

Scientologist Jumps to His Death in Clearwater Jan. 28, 2014

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by amaX, Jan 28, 2014.

1. amaX Member

*MODS: I searched and did not find this posted. Please merge if there is already a thread about this.

Sadly, I fear we're going to see more of these kinds of deaths as the cult implodes.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...043?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Police investigating man's fatal fall from Clearwater condo tower

• Times staff
    Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:39pm

CLEARWATER — Police are investigating the death of a man who fell from the eighth floor of the Station Square condo building downtown Tuesday morning, police said.
    Evgeny Zharkin, 43, plunged to his death at 628 Cleveland St. about 11:30 a.m. His body was discovered on the sidewalk on the east side of the property, Clearwater police said.
    Zharkin, of Russia, was staying with his wife in an apartment in the building. Investigators are trying to determine whether he jumped or fell.
    • Like Like x 8
  2. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 9
  3. amaX Member

Some of his completed courses per Scientology Completions List.

ADVANCED PROCEDURE AND AXIOMS & THOUGHT. EMOTION & EFFORT LECTURES COURSE

HANDBOOK FOR PRECLEARS & LIFE CONTINUUM LECTURES COURSE

SCIENTOLOGY: MILESTONE ONE COURSE (Listed at Yevgeny Zharkin for this course. Same person?)

THE ROUTE TO INFINITY COURSE (Listed as Yevgeny Zharkin.)

SCIENTOLOGY: THE HISTORY OF MAN & TECHNIQUE 88 LECTURES COURSE

HANDBOOK FOR PRECLEARS & LIFE CONTINUUM LECTURES COURSE

SCIENTOLOGY: MILESTONE ONE COURSE (Listed as Yevgeny Zharkin.)

OT DEBUG SERVICE

SCIENTOLOGY 8-80 & SOURCE OF LIFE ENERGY COURSE

THE COMMAND OF THETA COURSE

DIANETICS: THE MODERN SCIENCE OF MENTAL HEALTH AND THE DIANETICS LECTURES AND DEMONSTRATIONS COURSE
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Rod Keller Member

I was unable to find a connection between the earlier similar incident and Scientology. I hope I never said there was none, but I saw no point in researching it further.

This is the sidewalk between Station Square and the Post Office, on the East side of SS where Evgeny was found. I think the 8th floor is about half-way up.
    suicide.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  5. peterstorm Member

Maybe he thought he would be back next lifetime...
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Such a shame.

It's a good thing nobody dies every time the OP implodes. The casualty rate around here would be staggering.
    Disraeli Gears
    This message by Disraeli Gears has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
  7. Very sad. I was downtown yesterday, and there was no one going in or out of the Flag building. No one in the new sci park, and very few on the sidewalks. I get the impression the few public scilons and the sea org are ensconced in the Flag building, doing the new rundowns, or whatever they do, like a prison or something, behind closed doors. Scary.
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. pooks Member

Poor bastard. Scn is fucking evil.
    • Like Like x 15
  9. RolandRB Member

Taken for every rouble he has or can beg and borrow and then discarded out the window dead.

That is Scientology for you, along with the child abuse it has edified within its midst.
    • Like Like x 5
  10. here you go:

• Like Like x 1
  11. sallysock Member

So sad.It has been said a lot, but I hate this cult. I hate the evil and I hate the loneliness they inflict. Disgusting cult is disgusting.
    • Like Like x 10
  12. But when it is gone we need to devote our enery to other venues

• Like Like x 1
  13. RolandRB Member

... but helped to survive and spread its evil doctrine and evil actions by local and central governments the world over by showering them with peoples taxes.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  14. sallysock Member

Thanks IRC.
    Smurf provides some details. Posting here for those that are interested.
    icon1.png Russian Scilon allegedly jumps to his death in Clearwater. (Links)

CLEARWATER — Police are investigating the death of a man who plunged from the eighth floor of the Station Square condo building downtown Tuesday morning, police said. Evgeny Zharkin, 43, plunged to his death at 628 Cleveland St. about 11:30 a.m. His body was discovered on the sidewalk on the east side of the property, Clearwater police said.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...-tower/2163043

https://whyweprotest.net/community/t.../#post-2414015

Evgeny (aka Yevgeny or Gene) owned a consulting firm (and WISE member) in Russia. I had to use Google Translate to delve into his website.

http://zharkin-partners.ru

An employee: http://ru.linkedin.com/pub/svetlana-...ova/1b/a69/16a

From Rod Keller on Facebook:

1622091_3914118709194_1644063739_n.jpg

1505991_3914143909824_524489463_n.jpg

Agency Director - Gene Zarkin. Born in 1970. works in the field of marketing and sales since 1993.. repeatedly sought doubling of annual sales (including, for several years in a row) from their clients and employers. First degree in mechanical engineer, graduated from the Moscow Institute of Steel and Alloys 1995 to receive additional education in "Public Relations and Advertising" at the Faculty of Journalism, 1999.

Member of WISE, the international association of entrepreneurs using in their work of L. Ron Hubbard's administrative technology.
    In promoting new marketing techniques, spent about 300 seminars and presentations on marketing and branding for the 6000 people in 16 countries, including Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, USA, Germany, Austria, China, India, Hong Kong, South Africa, Czech Republic, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Armenia and Latvia.

Gene Zarkin - the author of dozens of publications on marketing, advertising and PR. His interviews and articles were also published in the UK, USA, Spain and Finland.

** According to his company website, Evgeny Zharkin worked in branding & advertising with fellow Scilon David Brier, owner of DBD International in Wisconsin.

http://zharkin.rusmarket.com

http://www.behance.net/svetlana-mail9f0a/following

http://www.risingabovethenoise.com (Brier's blog)

http://www.truthaboutscientology.com...vid-brier.html

https://www.facebook.com/david.brier.3
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Am I missing something? Why's everyone so fast to blame Scientology before we even know if it was an accident or not?
    • Like Like x 5
  16. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Just preparing in case it is Scientology's fault.
    • Like Like x 6
  17. RolandRB Member

Guilty until proven innocent, in their case.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Hope that is all it was and that he was at peace.
  19. Or murder.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Oh my! Please do tell.
  21. Anonylemmi Member

What are the odds Scientology was not involved? C'mon, any guesses? Real f'kkin close to zero would be my guess.
    • Like Like x 6
  22. The apartment he was in was rented (he was not the owner). The very fact he was a scientologist should raise red flags for the police. Public scientologists are now being put under extreme pressure by the orgs to cough up more money - if you have any doubt about this - then you need to watch this excellent video by Steve Mango- his examples of extremely aggressive sales tactics are horrifying.

The Clearwater police need to at a minimum treat this as a potential crime, lockdown that apartment, obtain his laptop, cellphone, and other pertinent information in that apartment. TALK TO HIS WIFE BEFORE THE CULT CAN GET THEIR HANDS ON HER. Determine who he was with and what he was doing 24 hours before his death. Find out if he was "regged", and if so, by whom.

At the very least, he was probably extorted, and pushed to far. Wife should sue the cult for millions. Of course, she may herself besubjected to the Lisa McPherson treatment.

Someone with connections should call or email local TV - there is definitely a story here.
  23. RolandRB Member

There are no absolutes in Scientology but this comes pretty damned close.
  24. RolandRB Member

Since they got rid of the Tech Dictionary there seems to be an MU on "drop the body".
    • Like Like x 2
  25. What happened to post as Anonymous?
    • Like Like x 2
  26. As ifness Member

Doesn't Scientology offers some sort of general implied promise to make a customer's life all magically at cause and wonderful etc, or at least good enough to not inspire suicide?

If so, I would say they are morally responsible, to some extent, for that promise being bogus.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  27. DeathHamster Member

They're also being sent back around the loop to do their GAT2 stuff all over again. That's going to pound home the futility for some.
    • Like Like x 4
  28. I happen to live in the building. It is a tragic event and no one is sure exactly what happened at this point. Apparently, the couple had just arrived around 2:00 a.m. that morning from Russia. The wife was still asleep when it happened and had no idea until the police entered the unit. Yes, they were members of the Church of Scientoloy, so what? Speculating about this tragedy and a person's demise serves no purpose!
    Resident
    This message by Resident has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
  29. Rod Keller Member

I agree, speculating serves no purpose. However, investigating does. Why was he at Flag? What sort of financial pressure was he under from Scientology? Did he have any earlier unusual behavior that could have been a warning sign? I have faith that the CWPD will ask these questions, and the Tampa Times will investigate. However, if Scientology did play a role in this, I don't have faith that there will be any consequences for them.
    • Like Like x 7
  30. Django Member

tl;dr: "I'm not a Scientologist, but....."....
    • Like Like x 16
  31. I imagine re-doing all those BS lists and checksheets over and over again must feel something like this...

-Klaus Kinski, Nosferatu
    • Like Like x 5
  32. Rod Keller Member

Also, the Medical Examiner's report. If there is anything in there besides injuries from a fall, we may know the name of Dr. Jon R. Thogmartin very well in the next few years.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Woo Hah Member

Quoted. Dropping the Body is joining the ranks of R2-45.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. DeathHamster Member

It's amazing really. Someone kills themselves in Clearwater, a thread starts on WWP, and within a day someone from their building finds it and is posting in the thread. I mean, what are the odds?!
    • Like Like x 24
  35. Woo Hah Member

OTs now control this thread. Wins at 11.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Nancy Beazley Member

Scientologists are now reading the Internet.

Right.
    • Like Like x 5
  37. You have point.
    Smurf has left some good docs.
    It may be worth checking the financial health of any companies he was connected to.
    Was he in debt.?
  38. Anonylemmi Member

Was he a Scientologist? Do the math.
    • Like Like x 9