Customize

Scientologists give free massages to NYC anons

Discussion in 'Youtube and Vimeo Problems' started by HatGirl, Mar 8, 2009.

1. arturoui Member

Re: Scientologists give free massages to NYC anons

We have this one cute Sci-girl at our org ... I'd pay good money, if she would "massage" me.

If you are reading this, cute sci-girl: I'm the one, wearing a mask.
    Oh, and the boner.

Es grüßt
    Herr Ui
  2. subgenius Member

Useful racist Hubbard quotes for raids in Harlem found here:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/agoravox-article-hubbard-cos-new-video-41189/
  3. IncognitoNYC Member

4. subgenius Member

What's the objection to substituting "N-Word"?

"Bring 'other' racial issues in Harlem?"....really don't understand this...
    and there's alway doing what you feel is right....
  5. Puppet Member

Nice to know I am not alone in getting touched by NYC scilons.
  6. Akujiki Member

NYC is always full of win.
  7. Django Member

That would've been a lot cooler if the Vulture looked like Jennifer Anniston, instead of, y'know, Broderick Crawford.

Level with us: Do they ever offer a "Happy Ending"?

If I told them I had a real bad hemorrhoid, do you think I could get a touch assist?
  8. Optimisticate Member

Although I do think that the NYC scilons are a bit "touched".

I want to make a yellow banner "Come get groped by a scientologist that is not Tom Cruise!"
  9. AnonLover Member

was the location of those massage tables outside the old dianetics center location? if so - did anon get any intel on the new harlem property scilons purchased last year possibly showing signs of renovation starting?

rumor had it late last summer / early fall, a team of meat bodies were at flag in training to be sent in to get the new harlem ideal org off the ground. they oughta be there by now.
  10. Kittanon Member

Professional Massagefag here. there are a few things that I noticed, and some questions I have.

1.Did they ask for any donations for Touch assists?
    2.what did they claim that the touch assists do?

I just read up on the massage laws in New York....and WOW they are really strict.NYS Massage Therapy - Education Law, Article 155

As far as New York law is concerned THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW!!!!!

OK the TLDR of this is ANY touching of the body to promote health is considered MASSAGE by the state of New York, and is protected by law. RELIGIONS are not exempt from this law!!!!
    Report them here

New York State doesn't CARE WHAT THEY CALL IT.... It's falls under a licenced profession!
  11. subgenius Member

Deleted until the Vistaril takes effect
  12. HatGirl Member

The tent/tables were set up in front of an old 6-story abandoned wine house that the Scientologists purchased in 2007. Their goal was to renovate it for $ci classrooms by the end of 2008. I don't know what the inside of the building looks like now, but the outside of it is still encrusted with rust and old graffiti.

Other pieces of Harlem real estate they have purchased (not counting the actual Harlem org) include an old protestant church and an abandoned printing building. I'm not sure what these look like because I didn't stick around long enough to look for them. From what I've heard, the printing building will be turned into a $ci community center. I'm guessing the church will be turned into a new org. (Or possibly just a place for $unday services) They've spent over 11 million dollars on new property in the past two years.

Harlem has gotten a lot nicer these last few years, but there's still a lot of vacant lots and abandoned buildings that are ripe for picking.
  13. Kittanon Member

OK 'nother post to talk about what they are doing, and what effect it is having on the body.

They are using a basic swedish massage stroke. Depending on how firm a pressure they are using it could be considered either efflurage (fancy name for stroking the skin with med-firm pressure), or nerve stroking (which is technically a type of efflurage)

OK enough jargon. What this type of massage does is fairly simple, but combined with the other things I saw.... it is fairly disturbing.
    warning medical science content:
    This type of stroke is used to alter arousal levels, and block pain. It stimulates the large diameter touch nerve fibers, which in turn reduce the transmition of pain impulses to the brain. (the gate control mechanism) This type of stroke also activates local reflexes which reduce tension and muscle spasm.
    It also can activate the para-sympathetic nerve system

Generally it makes you feel really good.

The GLARING problems I see are these.

1.) The flipping from front to back thing. Because the para-sympathetic nerve system has been activated, the person receiving this is MUCH more open to suggestion (as in a type of hypnosis) Having you follow commands repeatedly while in this state make you more likely to follow the commands of this person in general. (Yes Massage therapists know this, and are trained in the ethics of such a relationship)

1.5) I think I saw they using another hypnosis technique called anchoring. But the video kept switching from person to person so it was hard to tell for sure.

2.) They IMMEDIATLY tried to sell you something. This is SO unethical it's not even funny!!!! I can't begin to tell you how easily influenced some people are right after something like that

watching that video made me rage a bit at the ethical boundries I saw broken!

Please report them!!! This is a form of professinal abuse imo.
  14. Puppet Member

relevant to my interests. Sauce?
  15. Re: Scientologists give free massages to NYC anons

Hmmmm, it's eerily similar to the oriental techniques employed at my own preferred place of worship (a very small, rather elite group known as CIACUB - or, the Church of Its All Complete and Utter Bollix to give it its full name, located just off Berwick Street, Soho, proprietor R. Sid Rumpo, give 3 knocks and ask for Betty).

Here we employ the fullest range of the ancient assist technologies, including the much-loved Ass-Crack Scratch Assist (very soothing) and the ever-popular HandDownYerKnickers Assist (very spiritual).

Gents £10, Ladies free before midnight. Putting it in and wiggling it about a bit Assist extra.

All Welcome!
  16. AnonLover Member

ha! so this was outside of one of their newer locations & instead of rehabing the property their out on the street trying to get $5 donation for creepy [STRIKE]touch assists[/STRIKE] unlicensed massage therapy + booklet. oh my, the harpoonage potential makes me wet!

Well done nycanons, well done indeed! and if you can - keep any eye out for when they start rehabing those properties - they've got a long dirty track record with builiding inspections failing & code enforment trouble in your state, so there's lots of room for permit-related shitstorm aggravation you can maybe cause if they pull any of their usual sea ogre reno tricks.
  17. AnonLover Member

possibly related leak - assists handbook on wikileaks
    https://secure.wikileaks.org/wiki/Scientology_cult_Assists_Handbook

can any knowledgeable ex offer comments if theres any pages in this leak directly related to whats shown in the video? (idea being maybe something useful in there for reporting this shit w/ backup documentation)
  18. Anonymous Member

You can find all this info in any introduction to massage textbook or some well done research interesting paper
    article that draws from research

as for the ethics
    Fairly good set of rules

The part about not influencing clients or working beyond training is the most applicable.
  19. AnonLover Member

another thought - the volunteer minister t-shirts makes debunking this creepy scilon sideshow as unlicensed practice even moar delicious! could maybe open up other major harpoonage venues - the whole 9/11 volunteer minister fiasco unravels even further if we score w/ acknowledgment their doing unethical suggestive shit w/ their VM assists!

and its always fun to have a good reason to revisit the WTC smorgasbord of gourmet footbullets! (sets out a dish of milk next to vid for lily's sock)
  20. zebrafaced Member

wtf @ that touch assist.

NYCfags, plz launch some harpoons and alert the state about that shit.
  21. AnotherMrPink Member

Honestly, could a OSA lurker PM me when there will be free touch assists in Pinellas County?

It looks fun.
  22. Anon1720 Member

That scilon was creepy...nightmare tonight.

Had to laugh at the large poster by the table - false medical claims and false advertising. Perhaps a NYAnon can sent a pic of that to health officals?
  23. Anonymous Member

Is there any way a non-NYfag could help with this? It doesn't take that long to write a harpoon.
  24. RightOn Member

Here is a story on the Harlem Org.
    Dont know if you need protection if veiwing this site.
    (The City Limits org link is dead.)

Scientology News: Harlem Church and Scientology Books
    August 14, 2007 · written by Chris Pearson

"I found this presentation of how the new Church of Scientology in Harlem will look at CityLimits.org.

What a great building and what a great idea to have a major Scientology church in Harlem!

David Miscavige actually announced this new church a month ago at an international Scientology event in Clearwater, Florida, so it was “Scientology news“, but I was surprised to see it hit the regular news.

Well, I guess it just goes to show that Scientology is newsworthy!

Personally, I think it’s great that this new church is opening. Harlem represents so much that is good and bad about our country: good in it’s incredible influence on American culture, bad in its typifying all the bigotry, neglect and treachery of white American culture in the way Black culture, pride and opportunity has been so undermined for centuries).

I think that this new church and the community center they are opening is going to be a turning point for Harlem, and that can’t come too soon from my point of view.

There’s another piece of great news, that has to do not just with Harlem but with Scientology anywhere in the world.

The day before the new Harlem church was announced, Mr. Miscavige made another announcement that is making a huge impact on Scientology all over the world. That was the release of all the basic books by L. Ron Hubbard in 15 languages, and all the early taped lectures he recorded as companion lectures to the books, which provide tremendous background and detail on the research he was doing at the time.

All in all it is a great time for the Scientology religion. I’ve never seen Scientologists more optimistic, more involved in their communities and more gung ho.

These books contain so much truth. I’ve been spending some time every day reading them and I feel completely revitalized. I have read them before (I’m reading the Dianetics book right now) but because they are so basic and they deal with so much truth it’s like you’re waking up more and more as a being. I feel so much more alive!

And the fact that this is all available in 15 languages (plus English) is great news, because anyone, anywhere can get a copy of these books, and start on an extension course and man can you improve your life with that!"

Scientology News: Harlem Church and Scientology Books What Strikes My Fancy
  25. Anonymous Member

Asscrackanon, I think the sci-bot wanted to do a little "something-something" for you.
  26. RightOn Member

Don't know if this is anywhere else on the forum.
    Did a thread search and coulnd't find this idea anywhere.

Is there a compiled list of all the suppossed new orgs that never got built?
    Buildings that were bought and not renovated or are still sitting vacant?
    Buildings that COS is still asking for donations for.

We know the Super Power Building in Florida is going nowhere.
    The Harlem Org was bought in 2007.... nothing yet
    The New Haven Ct Org bought a large building in 2003.. still nothing
    Big Blue is still in disrepair

Maybe a compiled list of buildings that was purchased by COS and has not been renovated and is just sitting there VACANT.

Maybe we can somehow get an idea of just how much tax money is not being collected on all these vacant buildings?
    Would like to compile a list of all the orgs in the US that are still vacant.
    And maybe the UK and other areas can also do the same?
    Then we can make one huge list???

Does anyone think this is a good idea??
    Then can a mod move it to an appropriate area???
  27. Anonymous Member

I think it's a great idea. Get a thread going.
  28. Anonymous Member

From OCMB

Touch and nerve assists make you gay?
  29. RightOn Member

DONE!
  30. IncognitoNYC Member

Will scilon tables now avoid giving massages to teenagers to avoid touching Anons?
  31. the_cloak Member

No, they aren't allowed to screw and so they have no other outlet besides mongling kids.
  32. nightfire Member

Quoted for major truth and on targetness NYFAGS DO THIS!
  33. basil Member

There's no reason why you couldn't have been visiting "friends or family" being from out of town and come across the table, feeling a little confused or disturbed, and having done some research when you got home found out they were in violation of local laws, and felt it important to let the authorities in the area know that this was going on in their area. It shouldnt take long to add in some believeable details (see if there were any events going on that you might have been attending in the area, for example)

NYCanons, is this a regular thing they do, or the first time you've seen it?
  34. Optimisticate Member

So does the creepy groping even come with a happy ending?

If so... well...
  35. none given Member

They are girls moron.
  36. IncognitoNYC Member

First time we see it, since it was our first time expanding to Harlem.
  37. Re: Scientologists give free massages to NYC anons

I agree with your analysis; just a couple more things to add.

* Effluerage strokes are designed to stimulate blood flow. More flow = More oxygen to the brain = Euphoria. The niacin overdose in the Purif Rundown is designed to trigger a similar effect - Then they tell you the rush is The Tech Working.

* ANY properly-trained massage therapist should give a pre-treatment consultation. There are a number of factors that can make it ill-advised to receive a massage - examples here - and although the treatment they're doing is, from a medical perspective, largely superficial, it's still an ethical violation (though the $cifags in question clearly have no *proper* massage training, so they're probably unaware of the medical ethics of massage... The only Ethics they know are $ci's own)

* So many Health & Safety violations there it's not even funny.
  38. Gary Pariani Member

gijoe_massage.jpg

[SIZE="5"]Who wants a body massage?[/SIZE]
  39. Anonymous Member

Operation "Its a gas!"

1: Load up on gas causing foods for maximum flatulence power
    2: Go and get a "massage" from the scibots
    3: Release gas, whatever speed preferred for maximum comedy value
    4: ???
    5: Profit!