Customize

Scientology’s secret sites: Drone footage never before seen of ‘Int Base’

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Scientology’s secret sites: The Bunker premieres drone footage never before seen of ‘Int Base’.

From Tony Ortega: http://tonyortega.org/2016/09/07/sc...-drone-footage-never-before-seen-of-int-base/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Recently, the Underground Bunker was contacted by an anonymous source who said he had something rather spectacular he wanted to share with our readers. We were stunned when we saw what he was talking about. He has made super-high-quality films of Scientology facilities, using a 4K camera mounted on a drone.

You have never seen Scientology’s secretive compounds like this. Our source says that he complied with local laws when he made these videos, but we have a feeling Scientology will be contacting YouTube to try have these films taken down. So while they’re available, please give them a good look.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

EDITED TO ADD:

The YouTube descriptions of the two videos state, in turn:

Uploaded on Aug 27, 2016
    This is the first drone flight over the Scientology Gold Base near Hemet California. It is part of a series covering all of the major Scientology bases in the Western USA. This video was created for use in documentaries and may be used by anyone without credit or restrictions.

Download the original full quality video file here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0g0rBGJ_6HMXhFQmZIRWFoSFk/view?usp=sharing

Uploaded on Aug 28, 2016
    This is the second drone flight over the Scientology Gold Base near Hemet California. It is part of a series covering all of the major Scientology bases in the Western USA. This video was created for use in documentaries and may be used by anyone without credit or restrictions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0g0rBGJ_6HN054NVl4R01RWjA/view?usp=sharing

• Like Like x 2
  2. RightOn Member

oh wow!
    MIRROR MIRROR MIRROR!
    Copy and save!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RightOn Member

wow again.
    I don't know how anybody else felt while watching this, but it sickened me. Made me teary eyed.
    I saw movement of less than 20 people? about? Not bustling what so ever.
    Although I don't know what time this was shot.
    It really gives you an idea of just how gigantic it really is and what the cult owns. I bet ex's are going to feel very queasy viewing these vids.

I was also very disturbed about the amount of lush green lawns and bushes out there in the middle of the desert.
    And all the slave labor it takes to keep in that way.
    I also can't imagine what it costs to keep it irrigated. It CANT be water compliant at all! This vid needs to be sent to area officials who deal with water restrictions!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. EDITED TO ADD:

The YouTube descriptions of the two videos state, in turn:

Uploaded on Aug 27, 2016
    This is the first drone flight over the Scientology Gold Base near Hemet California. It is part of a series covering all of the major Scientology bases in the Western USA. This video was created for use in documentaries and may be used by anyone without credit or restrictions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0g0rBGJ_6HMXhFQmZIRWFoSFk/view?usp=sharing

Uploaded on Aug 28, 2016
    This is the second drone flight over the Scientology Gold Base near Hemet California. It is part of a series covering all of the major Scientology bases in the Western USA. This video was created for use in documentaries and may be used by anyone without credit or restrictions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0g0rBGJ_6HN054NVl4R01RWjA/view?usp=sharing

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology’s secret sites: The Bunker premieres drone footage never before seen of ‘Int Base’

By Tony Ortega, September 7, 2016

Quote:

Recently, the Underground Bunker was contacted by an anonymous source who said he had something rather spectacular he wanted to share with our readers. We were stunned when we saw what he was talking about. He has made super-high-quality films of Scientology facilities, using a 4K camera mounted on a drone.

You have never seen Scientology’s secretive compounds like this. Our source says that he complied with local laws when he made these videos, but we have a feeling Scientology will be contacting YouTube to try have these films taken down. So while they’re available, please give them a good look.

Today, we’re embedding two flyovers of Scientology’s 500-acre international management headquarters near Hemet, California. Known as “Int Base” to Scientologists, it’s also called “Gold” or “Gold Base” because it houses the studios of Golden Era Productions, where Scientology makes its films.

When you play the videos, make sure to full-screen them so you can take in the incredible detail.

We sent some screenshots from the videos to Tom DeVocht — a man who worked at the base over two lengthy stints, the last ending in 2005.

Continued here, with hundreds of comments:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/09/07/sc...-drone-footage-never-before-seen-of-int-base/
  6. Jeff Jacobsen Member

At the end of part 2 the security dudes definitely see the drone;

N8xbC8Q.jpg
  7. I got sick from watching the video too, RO. Even though I've seen pictures of that place before, the high-def drone fly-over really hit home how fucking big and well-kept it is.

It's like all their ideal morgues on mega-steroids. The cult headquarters at Flag are the same way. So is the new studios in LA, their new digs in Australia, etc., etc.

We can all laugh online at their stupid mistakes. Well maybe that's just a distraction while they continue their IRL campaign to buy and renovate more and more property and increase their worldwide real estate portfolio by hundreds of millions a year.

No matter what we think about the cult and how empty their buildings are, if this is how they buy and keep up their properties, there is no way they are going anywhere. And that fucking sux. :(
  8. DeathHamster Member

Their portfolio is worth spit.

Look at Int Base: Looks nice, never mind the structural defects in some of the buildings, but who would buy it for anything like the book value?
  9. Udarnik on ESMB uploaded the files to RuTube.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...e%92&p=1113528&viewfull=1#post1113528

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

They were 1440p MP4 files.

I've uploaded them to my rutube.ru account in case the Co$ gets any funny thoughts about leaning on Youtube. The Russians will tell their lawyers to fuck off if they try that in Moscow. yes.gif

https://rutube.ru/video/ad2284791ea0...efb29cd4e86b6/

https://rutube.ru/video/d4b4bd709255...0b79df7ee7318/

The BBS software does not recognize rutube URLS as videos, but you can click on the links.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I have no idea what the book value of the Int Base is. If you know, please supply any dox. But based on some huge mansions in California going for $50-100 million, I'm totally guessing for discussion purposes that it is around $1-2 billion or more.

I would think that some billionaire - American or otherwise - or some bigass corporation would snatch it up for even a tenth of that at $100-200 million to make it a resort or personal dream spread, like it used to be before it became Int base. Or it could be bought by a developer and split up into a big subdivision around the golf course.

Then just off the top of my head, they have prime real estate in Times Square NY, Mexico City, Brussels, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Los Angeles, Clearwater, and on and on. Even if they got zero for Int, AFAIK they have many buildings worth tens of millions each in desirable locations.

So unless I'm missing something, I don't see how their portfolio could be considered spit. In fact, it's depressingly ginormous. Do I wish it to be worthless? Of course! But is it that way? Well IMHO, the IRL facts don't match the dream.
  11. DeathHamster Member

Location, location, location.

If Building 50 was in Bel Air, it would be worth quite a bit. Out in the desert, in some cult compound, ziiiip! ($10 million if some sea org slaves were included?)

Look, there was a reason that the white elephant properties that Scientology bought up were white elephants, on the market for many years, no takers.

What the hell is a real estate developer going to do with Int Base? They'd have to knock down most of it and turn it into McMansions, and meanwhile, they'd be paying property tax on the book value.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. RightOn Member

It would be helpful if someone can take these vids and add text over the buildings, so people, journalists and others know what they are looking at.
    Is that double wide the hole?

Noticed the big brown patches on the golf course, but none near DM's crib.
    Again, would love to know how the town views this as water complaint?
    How can it be?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

Drone footage of Scientology’s secretive Int Base: The reaction from former base employees

By Tony Ortega, September 8, 2016

Quote:

It’s been 24 hours since we posted stunning drone footage of Scientology’s secretive Int Base near Hemet, California, and those videos, made by an anonymous drone pilot, are still up at YouTube where you can view them for yourself or even download them, with the blessing of the filmmaker. [Int Base flyover 1 and flyover 2]

We’ve been talking to former Int Base residents who were blown away by the quality of the footage, as well as what they noticed were numerous changes at the site since they were last there.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/09/08/dr...base-the-reaction-from-former-base-employees/
  14. RightOn Member

It was suggested that the people playing soccer left after 10 mins. That perhaps they left because of the drone?
    Could they have been sent out BECAUSE of the drone? To show people having "fun"? Or no?

And Ortega's article also mentioned water usage. One thing I noticed right off the bat.
    I really hope someone sends these vids to the right people for water usage violations?
    PLEASE?
  15. OK, let's say Building 50 was worth $10 million. What about the rest of the 500 acres? If you're trying to say that the whole place is worth $10 million, though I'd have to strongly disagree. Then again, I'm no developer or real estate investor and I sure as hell have never had anything to do with 500 acres of already developed property. That's why I asked about dox.

And even if we leave Int out of it, what about the other places around the world that do have location, like Times Square, Tokyo, London, Flag, etc.? There are actually too many to list without getting disgusted. Then throw in all the other orgs, the Narconons, the sea org bases, etc. Plus they continue to buy more in cash.

It doesn't matter if the buildings are empty. They have cheap labor to take care of them and even if their donations dried up, they can pay for the maintenance from the interest in their huge bank accounts.

If you really look at it, it's disheartening.
  16. Quentinanon Member

Well, it's an ecclesiastical golf course. Perhaps the ronbots water it from a well.
  17. Drone footage of Scientology’s secretive Int Base: The reaction from former base employees

Tony Ortega: Drone footage of Scientology’s secretive Int Base: The reaction from former base employees

http://tonyortega.org/2016/09/08/dr...base-the-reaction-from-former-base-employees/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

It’s been 24 hours since we posted stunning drone footage of Scientology’s secretive Int Base near Hemet, California, and those videos, made by an anonymous drone pilot, are still up at YouTube where you can view them for yourself or even download them, with the blessing of the filmmaker. [Int Base flyover 1 and flyover 2]

We’ve been talking to former Int Base residents who were blown away by the quality of the footage, as well as what they noticed were numerous changes at the site since they were last there.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
  18. Jeff Jacobsen Member

I count 46 people in video one and 64 in the other. I count a moving vehicle as one person.
  19. White Tara Global Moderator

Threads merged.
  20. 311

More cars than I expected at the staff housing:

[IMG]
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

Drone Flyover: First images of Scientology’s Gold Rush mine in California

By Tony Ortega, September 28, 2016

Quote:

Another Wednesday brings us more unique footage from an anonymous drone pilot who has flown over some of Scientology’s most secretive sites.

Three weeks ago, he gave us a view of Scientology’s secretive international management base (“Int Base”) that we’d never seen before. Two weeks ago he flew us over the even more secret “CST” headquarters compound in the mountains above Los Angeles, where we believe Scientology leader David Miscavige stashed away his wife Shelly eleven years ago. And last week, we got an unprecedented look at the ranch in San Luis Obispo County where Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard died in 1986.

This week, we’re getting a look at another secretive “CST” underground vault site owned by the church, one which is located in California’s gold country, near the town of Tuolumne.

The Lady Washington Mine was a Gold Rush-era quartz mine that was associated with several claims in the area, including the New Albany and Dead Horse mines.

<snipped>

The church took possession of the Lady Washington Mine in 1988, and then turned one of its tunnels into an underground vault with construction in 1997, according to a local newspaper.

<snipped>

The Church of Spiritual Technology is Scientology’s odd and very secretive entity whose mission is to construct underground vaults for the storing and preservation of L. Ron Hubbard’s works in case of civilization collapse. CST operates separately from the church, and most Scientologists never learn about it. Even high-level Scientology executives are kept in the dark about the location of the vaults and how they operate. (See our overview of CST and the vault sites, with maps.)

Here's the article, with videos:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/09/28/dr...of-scientologys-gold-rush-mine-in-california/
    • Like Like x 1
  22. The Wrong Guy Member

Drone Flyover: Scientology’s secret saucer-looking underground vault in Northern California

By Tony Ortega, October 5, 2016

Excerpt:

This week, we’re getting a look at another secretive “CST” underground vault site owned by the church, one which is located in California’s far northern coast, near the town of Petrolia.

Like other sites, this Church of Spiritual Technology location has an underground vault that is intended to house the preserved works of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard to last thousands of years. The entrance to this vault is housed in a really remarkable structure that looks almost as if the Millennium Falcon spaceship has landed on earth. Our pilot got some really amazing looks at it for us in his first flyover.

The property also features elaborate living quarters, one of which is set aside for the return of Hubbard. But in this case, the vault is separated by quite a distance from the “LRH House.” In order to film both locations, the drone pilot filmed them separately. In the first video, he got dramatically close up shots of the structure around the vault opening. The other three videos focus on the other end of the site, which has a large building that resembles a conference meeting center, and the LRH House.

http://tonyortega.org/2016/10/05/dr...king-underground-vault-in-norhern-california/
  23. Jeff Jacobsen Member

24. The Wrong Guy Member

DRONE FLYOVER FINALE: Getting a close look at Scientology’s secret New Mexico compound

By Tony Ortega, October 12, 2016

Excerpt:

And here we are, at the end of our weekly series of dramatic footage shot by an anonymous drone pilot, who has flown over Scientology’s most secret compounds.

Five weeks ago, we started this series with a view of Scientology’s secretive international management base (“Int Base”). Four weeks ago our pilot flew us over the even more secret “CST” headquarters compound in the mountains above Los Angeles, where we believe Scientology leader David Miscavige stashed away his wife Shelly eleven years ago. Three weeks ago we got an unprecedented look at the ranch in San Luis Obispo County where Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard died in 1986. Two weeks ago, he took us over Scientology’s vault location in the Sierra foothills of California, the Lady Washington Mine. And last week, we got a look at another secretive “CST” underground vault site owned by the church, one which is located in California’s far northern coast, near the town of Petrolia.

For his final act, our anonymous pilot this week has taken us over perhaps that most iconic of CST vault locations, the secret complex in New Mexico near the town of Trementina.

The property is in a very remote location, and isn’t easy to get to, as John Sweeney and Marc Headley learned a couple of years ago.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/10/12/dr...k-at-scientologys-secret-new-mexico-compound/
  25. Jeff Jacobsen Member

At about 5:16 on the first video a swift almost takes out the quadcopter.
  26. RightOn Member

Seriously, are copies of these vids going to be sent to the Government for a view? I have no idea what branch?
    The FBI? The IRS?
    Would they think that this looks at all normal for a "church"? Or the "church" that the COS is pretending to be?
    At the very LEAST, someone should send a copy to the town for non water compliance?
    There is no way that all that green should be in the middle of all that brown and still be water compliant with all the restrictions in that area?
    These vids sicken me. Money to burn while the Sea Orgers suffer. :mad:
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

Sheriff’s deputy on what Scientology does behind its gates: “That’s not my business”

By Tony Ortega, March 15, 2017

Quote:

Perhaps the number one question we get from people who are new to our website or on Twitter is, with all of the evidence and history of Scientology abuses over so many years, why doesn’t law enforcement do something about it?

There are various ways to respond to that question. Lawrence Wright gave one of the best answers during the movie Going Clear when he talked about how Scientology’s tax exempt status, granted in 1993, gives it enormous First Amendment protection as a religious organization.

But we also know that church leader David Miscavige spends significant resources “safe pointing” law enforcement agencies, a policy laid down by L. Ron Hubbard which has the church presenting a positive face to “opinion leaders” through the use of its “social betterment” front groups. By cultivating friendly relationships with agencies located near their major facilities, Scientology has been very effective.

And we want to thank Nathanial Thomas for helping to confirm this with a video he shot on March 5 and has generously shared with us. On that day, Thomas and a friend went to Scientology’s international management headquarters in Riverside County, California, near the town of Hemet. Known as Int Base or Gold Base, it’s a place we got a great overhead look at last year with some amazing drone footage. And if you remember that footage, you remember that a highway cuts right through the middle of the 500-acre compound. (It’s also where some of the hilarity ensues in Louis Theroux’s film playing now in theaters, My Scientology Movie.)

As you’ll see in the video, the presence of Thomas and his friend resulted in someone at the base making a call, saying the two men were fighting in the middle of the road. Several officers in patrol cars arrived, and finding that no fighting was going on, were about to drive away again. But before they did, Thomas managed to talk with a few of them, including a Riverside County Sheriff’s Deputy who was surprisingly frank about how much esteem he has for the Scientologists at the base.

Says the deputy: “Scientology has actually been very forthcoming with all the information. I don’t represent them, neither does he [referring to another deputy], but they’ve helped us solve a lot of crime. A lot of crime. And I’m actually very grateful that they’re here, for a lot of reasons. Whatever they want to do behind the gates, that’s not my business.”

Well, thank you, deputy. It’s nice to know that you’re so unconcerned about a place where up to 100 Scientology executives were kept in what can only be characterized as a prison, from 2004 to 2009. And where people like Ron and Becky Miscavige, Marc and Claire Headley, John Brousseau, Stefan and Tanja Castle, and many others have literally had to escape, some of them running through the desert to get to safety. And a place where for decades, women who got pregnant were forced to go to a local clinic to get abortions, whether they wanted to or not.

Continued at http://tonyortega.org/2017/03/15/sh...-does-behind-its-gates-thats-not-my-business/
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

DroneIntNew2-e1494164473639.jpg

DRONE FLYOVER: Scientology’s Int Base and its hilltop camouflaged ‘Eagle’s Nest’

By Tony Ortega, May 8, 2017

Quote:

The mysterious drone pilot is back!

Last year, a person who took great pains to remain anonymous approached us with a series of amazing 4K videos that were taken from a drone over several of Scientology’s secret locations around the western United States.

Over a period of weeks we made them public, and the drone pilot indicated on his YouTube channel that the remarkable footage was free for anyone to download or use. Since then, we have seen his footage show up in television shows about the church. But it’s here at the Underground Bunker that you get to see his work first.

Last year, his remarkable fly-overs gave us never before seen angles on Scientology’s international management base near Hemet, California (“Int Base” or “Gold Base”); the super-secret CST headquarters compound near Lake Arrowhead, California where we believe Scientology leader David Miscavige has kept his wife Shelly out of sight since the summer of 2005; the ranch in Creston, California where L. Ron Hubbard spent his final years in hiding; a vault location in the Sierra foothills; another vault location with a space saucer-like building on the Northern California coast; and the infamous vault and airstrip in a remote part of New Mexico.

After that, the drone pilot said we wouldn’t be hearing from him again, and he stopped messaging us.

But now he’s back, saying he still had some unfinished business. He took his drone back to a couple of places, hoping to give us an even better view.

In particular, he wanted to give us our best view yet of the “Eagle’s Nest” observation point that overlooks Int Base. And he also took another run over the base, and got the best close-up yet of the building where David Miscavige works — known as “Building 50,” which houses the offices of the Religious Technology Center (seen in the photo above).

Continued at http://tonyortega.org/2017/05/08/dr...base-and-its-hilltop-camouflaged-eagles-nest/
    • Like Like x 1
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

DRONE FLYOVER: An even closer look at where Scientology is keeping Shelly Miscavige

By Tony Ortega, May 15, 2017

Quote:

The anonymous drone pilot just had to go back for a closer look.

<snipped>

...the drone pilot tells us that he wanted to get an even closer look, and in this 13-minute video you’ll see just what he means. He really drops down below treetop level to get us our closest and clearest looks ever of the various buildings on the property.

<snipped>

As a bonus, we’re also including a video the drone pilot shot over the Narconon facility in Nevada, which calls itself Rainbow Canyon Retreat. We’ve mentioned the facility in numerous stories, and it’s been the subjects of lawsuits and journalistic exposes.

More at http://tonyortega.org/2017/05/15/dr...here-scientology-is-keeping-shelly-miscavige/
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

DRONE FLYOVER: Scientology’s failed underground vault project in Wyoming

By Tony Ortega, September 1, 2017

Excerpt:

...now the drone pilot is taking us somewhere we’ve never been before: Sweeney Ranch in Sweetwater County, Wyoming, where Scientology’s odd Church of Spiritual Technology has run into problems with another vault project.

The Church of Spiritual Technology is Scientology’s most secretive subsidiary, and its mandate is to develop underground vaults intended to house the preserved works of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard to last thousands of years. With vaults already placed in California and New Mexico, several years ago CST began a new project in Wyoming.

But as Mike Rinder has pointed out, the project ran afoul of local authorities, who didn’t like that Scientology was building a doomsday shelter on land that was zoned for agricultural use. Rinder reported that not only was the work halted, but the church was ordered to return the hillside it was drilling to its original state.

As you’ll see in the high-resolution footage we have for you today, the hillside dig site is still pretty visible, even if the hole being dug into the ground was collapsed. Also, you’ll see that there’s still a lot of storage containers on site, which makes us wonder if CST is still hoping it can, someday, get back to digging.

More at https://tonyortega.org/2017/09/01/d...-failed-underground-vault-project-in-wyoming/
  31. Jeff Jacobsen Member

My video just from the gate;

• Like Like x 1
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's a new article about this:

What's the Story With That Place? The Underground Scientology Vault Near Petrolia

By Ryan Burns, Lost Coast Outpost, Humboldt County

https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2017/sep/15/whats-story-place-petrolias-scientology-bunker/
    • Like Like x 1
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology plan to shut road through its secretive ‘Int Base’ in California foiled again

By Erin Hodges Plumb, The Underground Bunker, November 7, 2017

Quote:

Last week I saw a Facebook post by Scott Miller, mayor of the Riverside County town of San Jacinto, regarding a proposed road closure. That may sound like a pretty local issue, but actually it had major implications.

Scientology’s 500-acre international management compound “Int Base” — which includes its movie studios, Golden Era Productions — lies just north of San Jacinto’s city line, straddling Gilman Springs Road.

Miller’s post said the San Jacinto city council would be discussing the question of closing Gilman Springs Road to the public, something Scientology has wanted for a very long time. There were many responses to the post, with overwhelming opposition, and many asking why it was even a question at this point, since it has repeatedly been brought up over the years. In the post, you can see the mayor was a little alarmed by the response he’d already received, and was saying that he was only putting something on the agenda that another councilman had requested be put up for discussion.

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2017/11/08/s...ecretive-int-base-in-california-foiled-again/
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

‘Scientology is dying’: John Brousseau on the decline of Int Base and fate of Shelly Miscavige

By Tony Ortega, November 7, 2017

Quote:

On Wednesday, Erin Hodges Plumb wrote up her visit to the San Jacinto City Council, which briefly considered the notion of closing Gilman Springs Road before approving a motion never to bring the subject up again.

Closing the road has long been a dream of the Church of Scientology, whose secretive 500-acre “Int Base” management compound is split in two by the highway. But we were surprised that Scientology might still be trying to make that happen for one simple reason: Int Base is becoming an afterthought.

Once, the Southern California base housed some 800 Sea Org workers, and was the primary home of Scientology leader David Miscavige. It was also the location of Miscavige’s notorious prison for his top lieutenants, known as “The Hole.” But after the conditions in The Hole were made public in 2009, Miscavige has lessened the compound’s importance. The population at the base has fallen to around 250, a new set of studios was opened in Hollywood so the base’s “Golden Era” studios have less reason to exist, and recent defectors claim that Miscavige himself hasn’t been at the base in four years.

After Wednesday’s story ran, we heard from John Brousseau, who told us he had come to what he called a “melancholy realization.”

“Int Base is atrophying. It’s a dead zone,” he says.

Brousseau is one of the most interesting former Scientologists we’ve ever interviewed. (See our Village Voice two part series: Part 1, Part 2.) Brousseau once served as L. Ron Hubbard’s personal driver. He was also David Miscavige’s brother-in-law for 16 years. And he helped Tom Cruise refurbish his home and an airplane hangar, and even upgraded his vehicles. He also renovated the Freewinds, Scientology’s private cruise ship. But his chief duty, for many years, was to oversee the development and maintenance of Int Base, which he ultimately escaped from in 2010.

And he told us he had thoughts about Int Base deteriorating.

“You have to look back at the life cycle of that base and the Sea Org and Scientology over a long term. That base had a lot of projects going. Bonnie View. Upgrading the property. DM’s private berthing,” he says, referring to lavish building projects, none of which were more involved than the construction of “Building 50,” the Religious Technology Center headquarters which today sits empty.

“Now, Miscavige refuses to set foot there. He’s extracted any operations and put them in LA at the studios there. And what’s left is a bunch of people who are a very high security risk, because they were there during the ‘Miscavige Unplugged’ days,” he says, a reference to 2004, when Miscavige first ordered his top execs into The Hole and had JB put bars on the windows and doors.

“The Hole still exists, even though it’s more externally compliant,” he adds. “The people in The Hole are still ostracized.”

So although Miscavige is staying away from the base, and he’s moved people he needs to other locations, what’s left at the base are aging Sea Org members he can’t afford to let out for fear that they might escape and go public with what they know.

“It’s tuck ’em away and make sure they don’t blow, and then wait until they die. And do everything you can so they won’t blow. That’s why they need the highway shut down. It’s what they need to be thoroughly isolated,” he says.

Brousseau says he has debriefed new defectors from the base.

“It’s surprising how things have not changed since I left,” he says. “The same people doing the same shit. Empty buildings. People not given job titles but used as go-fers and for useless make-work. The most exciting thing now is when someone is plucked out to be put on a video because someone they know went on Leah Remini’s show. You’re king shit when they do that to you.”

As former Scientologists have come forward to speak on Remini’s A&E series, Scientology and the Aftermath, the church has responded by making videos featuring Scientologists attacking those show guests.

Brousseau says it’s a big deal to be selected for the video smear attacks.

“No one will touch you because you’re in Dave’s good books. That’s the biggest activity that generates any excitement at Int Base now,” he says with a laugh.

He also let us know that he agrees with our recent story revealing that Miscavige spent several years dismantling the Sea Org’s internal prison program, the Rehabilitation Project Force.

“People still get in trouble, but there’s no more RPF because it generates so much bad press,” he says. And the negative attention from the press is having a major effect now, he adds.

“The Church of Scientology is shutting down and slowly dying.”

We pointed out that while Int Base is deteriorating, PAC Base in Los Angeles was also showing signs that it’s struggling, and despite Miscavige’s show of opening “Ideal Orgs” around the world, it seemed to us that he was concentrating more resources on the Flag Land Base in Clearwater, Florida.

“They are circling the wagons in Clearwater. I think Miscavige spends time there. He has private rooms on an entire floor, the seventh floor, of the Super Power Building — I walked through it in 2009,” he says.

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2017/11/11/s...ine-of-int-base-and-fate-of-shelly-miscavige/
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Triumph Member

• Like Like x 1
  36. Like everyone else has been saying it's shocking to see how few actual people there are moving around these places. It looks like they can't get anyone to man the eagle's nest unless they were hiding.
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

There's nothing really new here, but it's more exposure:

Church of Scientology’s Secretive ‘Gold Base’ Headquarters: PHOTOS | Heavy.com

Quote:

The Church of Scientology’s headquarters is known as “Int Base” to Scientologists and often referred to as “Gold Base” because it holds the Golden Era Productions studios.

A few years ago, an anonymous person flew a drone over Gold Base and captured a slew of pictures and video of the secretive headquarters using a 4K camera mounted on the drone. The anonymous source originally sent the footage to the Underground Bunker, a site operated by journalist Tony Ortega, who has covered Scientology since 1995. You can check out some of the footage in the YouTube video below:

Continued at https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/01/church-of-scientology-gold-base-photos/
    • Like Like x 1