Customize

Scientology’s Toronto headquarters on Yonge Street

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. DeathHamster Member

The Kennedy Rd place was a former boarding school, so berthing there wouldn't have been hard.
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/scientology-facility-at-caledon-ontario.91357

That location has been listed for sale once, but didn't close, then one-shot posters claimed that it was closed and residents gone to ASHO Canada or Cambridge ON. *shrug* In better weather, maybe I'll take a look.

If they have shifted to the Hockley Inn, fixing it up "good enough for Sea Org" wouldn't be too hard.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DeathHamster Member

The East Toronto mission on Danforth has been closed since 2009.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BlooAnon Member

Yeah, and it's still an ugly building, but now it's whiter so it just shows off the ugly better.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TorontosRoot Member

East Toronto mission has since been closed for good.
  5. Enturbuleak Member

• Like Like x 3
  6. vaLLarrr Member

LOL smashed to all hell.

Can that crackhead of a mayor start imposing fines for such a shitheap building??
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Enturbuleak Member

You can't make GAT GAT 2 GAT 3 Ideal Orgs without cracking a few windows.
    • Like Like x 6
  8. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. Quentinanon Member

That sounds reasonable.
    anr_ford_110613.jpg?ve=1&tl=1.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  10. BlooAnon Member

I like the black and white photo. Very artsy.

The building's still a piece of crap though. But I doubt that Rob will do anything, especially with all those windows.... he likes crack, remember?
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Random guy Member

Good Grief, what a dump!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. TorontosRoot Member

Builting needs demolision.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. RightOn Member

Is that Charlie Brown and Bette Davis combined?
    • Like Like x 2
  14. RightOn Member

That building should be put on the Haunted building list. Maybe the clams can have tours and drum up some money that way . BWA HA HA

15. That would be pretty scary.

The could set up hidden speakers with ghostly moans such as:

Give me your money!

Join staff!

Hip Hip Hooray!

The only thing scarier would be to hear real live Scientologists saying those things.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. vaLLarrr Member

What are your crimes (against Toronto's municipal planning laws) ???
    • Like Like x 2
  17. DeathHamster Member

It looks like Malvern is now a ghost mission.

CoS lists the address as 1371 Neilson Road - Suite G08, Scarborough, ON M1B 4Z8, Ontario, but apparently there's nothing on the business directory at that address. (Aug 5, 2013)

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?32644-Scientology-Mission-Vanished-in-Ontario-August-2013

Now, the mission holder is dentist Dr. Sheridan Cyrus, and his web site has his office at 1371 Neilson Road, Suite G01 - Basement, Scarborough, Ontario, and he is listed on the board (0:11).

Is there a real G08 office that the mission was in/is in? Is the "mission" now occupying a filing cabinet in Sheridan Cyrus' G01 office?
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BlooAnon Member

Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease....
    • Like Like x 1
  19. TorontosRoot Member

I asked them the last time they had a "stress test" table at the olde Yonge street morgue and they provided some dox, but I since forgot. Best to ask again I guess?
  20. RightOn Member

Dr. Sheridan Cyrus is a BIG clam
    http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/s/sheridan-cyrus.html

Church of Scientology opens in Malvern

It was seeing his wife’s fears disappear after a few hours of counseling with the Church of Scientology, that got Dr. Sheridan Cyrus interested in Scientology.

She had a plethora of unexplained fears, he said. His wife wasn’t able to walk on sidewalks because she had a deep fear of earthworms. Whenever their kids’ teacher left a call from school, she automatically assumed the worst and would feel like throwing up before she even called the school back.

But after undergoing counseling with the Church of Scientology, his wife dramatically changed for the better, Cyrus explained.

Ever since then, Cyrus believes Scientology can help improve people’s lives. On Nov. 12, Cyrus opened Scarborough’s first and Toronto’s fourth Church of Scientology in Malvern.

There’s a lot of people out there and they need help and that’s what we can do with this mission.

— Pat Felske

Located at Neilson Rd. and McLevin Ave., it joins the three other churches on Yonge Street downtown and on the Danforth.

“This is so exciting,” said Pat Felske, the church’s Director of Special Affairs.

“We’ve been waiting for this day for quite some time. There’s a lot of people out there and they need help and that’s what we can do with this mission.”

The Church of Scientology offers courses and counseling in many areas of life including relationship and financial problems, teaching children how to study effectively for school and even tax preparation.

Cryus has been active in the Malvern community over the years, helping raise money for a new Anglican church, which opened in 2001. He also helped expand the Malvern Family Resource Centre.

Working with people at the centre and as a dentist in Malvern, many people have asked him for advice for their problems, he said.

“I see there’s a great need for it [Church of Scientology] because people in the area are worried about their finances, relationships, their children,” Cyrus said.

“I think these are areas we can help them with.”

Around 70 people attended the outdoor opening ceremony including MPP for Scarborough-Rouge River Bal Balkissoon.

Saroma Baillie, 29, a local resident who attended the event said she joined Scientology 17 years ago when she completed their courses on studying and realized it helped her studies immensely.

“I realized that it actually made a real big difference so I kept my interest up,” Baillie said.

“I discovered that there are a lot more things in Scientology that I could use in my own life to help myself.”
    http://kiwianon.com/forums/index.php?topic=386.65;wap2

So this idiot dentist is getting people into Scientology through his office obviously. I bet dollars to donuts that he has info or at least TWTH booklet in his waiting room? May be fun to check!
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Some people just need to be told that earthworms are good and they live here too so get over it.

And if they refuse sidewalks again because earthworm, divorce 'em. No need to join a religion to get past a stupid phobia that is 99% attention-getting behaviour. Better for you and her.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. TorontosRoot Member

I checked the listing and couldn't even find that doc/dentist quack at all. Not even listed in the professional medical buildings. Why even list the cult's "church" or "mission" there in the first place if it's just one clam?

Needs to get some critics/anons to take secret video and then take that bastard to court for deceiving people and misleading them into joining a dangerous cult that not only bankrupts them, but defrauds, violates their rights and rips their family apart too.

Edit: Placing a simple card in the display directory board with critical information might just cause that doctor to go mad and rip it down, doing it multiple times might attract people's attention to it. A quack dentist could easily get barred quickly. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  23. RightOn Member

1- 416-287-2426
    wecare@drcyrus.com

website shows address as
    1371 Neilson Road, Suite G01 - Basement
    Scarborough, Ontario M1B 4Z8
    http://www.drcyrus.com/

Sheridan Cryus
    Born in the island of Grenada, West Indies; Dr. Cyrus immigrated to Canada in 1983. He attended Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia where he obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree. After moving to Toronto in 1989, where he was an associate, he started his own practice in Malvern, Scarborough in 1991. Dr. Cyrus is a member of the Ontario Dental Association.

His team:
    Dr. Chen

He also shows a pic of a Drug Free Marshals display on his dental website!:
    http://www.drcyrus.com/community-support/index.html
    • Like Like x 1
  24. TorontosRoot Member

Interesting dox. I wonder if he can be kicked out of the ontario dental association for associating with a dangerous cult and recruiting his patients... ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  25. vaLLarrr Member

Worth a harpoon... also: photos of his waiting room with any LRH trash on the walls would be good dox
    • Like Like x 3
  26. DeathHamster Member

I was checking to see if the org had applied for any new permits for renovation (no), and I notice that there have been some bylaw investigations, one still open:
    Can't post a link to the results. Start here, and request for 696 Yonge.

What the heck were they doing at the closed morgue that resulted in a noise investigation??
    • Like Like x 1
  27. BlooAnon Member

Do we really want to know?!
  28. Quentinanon Member

A morgue staff member was blasting "The Power of Source" by the Apollo Stars while working in Central Files. Nothing like listening to L. Ron to numb the mind.
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Quentinanon Member

apollo_stars2.jpeg
    • Like Like x 3
  30. DeathHamster Member

Ah yes, that would be a definite violation!
    http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/municode/1184_591.pdf
    • Like Like x 1
  31. TorontosRoot Member

Maybe somebody was fighting and screaming just inside, next to one of the boarded up windows? Or banging them? Or making allot of noise inside to reach outside? Who knows really. Also, the LED sign facing south on yonge street is missing segments. Shows somebody has been throwing things at it the last time I stopped by. I did see mario go in and out of the building too, it's still the same way it's been since they abandoned it. Probably hasn't paid rent for months now or taxes (hehehehehe they soon will be if the city 'gets it'). 77 peter street is probably dead too, but they might be handing out those slips. Only one way to find out before thursdays. :p
  32. RightOn Member

Shame on the city of Toronto for allowing this blight to continue.
    They need to shit or get off the bidet :p

FINE THEIR ASSES
    • Like Like x 3
  33. BlooAnon Member

I was actually visiting your fair city a few weeks ago and happened to pass by the gem of an org. I didn't know that it was in the area my friend and I were in and it was only when I was half way across the street that I looked up and recognized the dilapidated mess on the corner. I knew it looked bad but wow, it's something else to see it in front of you. I laughed out loud when I saw it. Totally made my night.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Quentinanon Member

Did he look like this?

SmallMario.png
    • Like Like x 2
  35. TorontosRoot Member

Much taller, lost some weight and now bikes. :)
    But he would be damn cool in that outfit. ^^
    • Like Like x 1
  36. DeathHamster Member

Points to the person who did this markup:

TorSquare.jpg
    • Like Like x 8
  37. DeathHamster Member

Somebody has tagged the side of the building, on the second floor, in a big way. Pix later.
    • Like Like x 3
  38. TorontosRoot Member

Can't
    Wait to see that!
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Quentinanon Member

It was those misbehaving Marcabian kids again. With them it's always for the lulz and caek.
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 3
  40. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 3
  41. jensting Member

Well, that's an improvement - but only because it was really quite bad already
    • Like Like x 3