Customize

Scientology’s Toronto headquarters on Yonge Street

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. TorontosRoot Member

I cannot even read that graffiti writing. Is it gang markings by any chance? :S
    Edit: kind of wish they wrote "all hail the almighty xenu" instead in very colourful letters.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rof Member

Clearly we need a Rape Canada forum.

Or else No Canada forum.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 5
  4. TorontosRoot Member

5. Quentinanon Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. DeathHamster Member

Code:
    http://torontoideal.org/the-project/
    The video is from 2011, and they're missing the new condo.

Well, they have 10 more days to get that Ideal Org open...
    • Like Like x 4
  7. DeathHamster Member

Hmm. They did a new wish list set of renderings in May. They dropped the fancy dressup that annoyed the architectural purists. It seems more plausible than before. (Just not very likely.)

And no matter what, there's those structure problems that the building has had since it was built.

1-Toronto-Exterior-Corner-20140509.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  8. TorontosRoot Member

Ten days eh? It's not even gonna be done. :D

Might as well (waste free time) putting up a small piece of cardboard on the woody part (or on the doors) saying "NEVER GONNA EVEN HAPPEN" and snap a photo of it. Discarded box flaps highly recommended and only take 30 seconds to rip/cut and write, then tape/staple/prop up.

Extra points if they dispose of the cardboard 6 times in a row. Ideas ideas...
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Quentinanon Member

They really believe that they can hold it up "with postulates". Well, here is what that kind of wishful thinking gets you:

_73539427_nycfire7.jpg
    • Like Like x 5
  10. RightOn Member

someone 'splain
    10 days? huh?
    what is going on?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. 1-toronto-exterior-corner-20140509-jpg.241943.jpg

The architectural renderings of Ideal Orgs are booming explosively just like Scientology itself.

Sadly, after accepting millions in 'donations', Scientology is expanding so fast, some of the buildings that were purchased for rehab into these renderings are now being sold off so that the 'Church' can look for even bigger buildings to handle all of the 'demand' for planetary clearing 'services'.

I believe that, in Boston, Scientology has sold the 'new' Ideal Org. building for New England and the corresponding renderings as well as the regular Org. building and are currently in a small office building in the suburbs despite overwhelming 'demand' for services and raising millions over the past decade to renovate the now sold, rundown, old Alexandra Hotel.

This will require more 'donations' for even bigger architectural renderings of bigger rundown buildings purchased in the future.
    DONATE NOW for even bigger architectural renderings of our next 10 year project that will be rendered moot due to explosive expansion and so on and so forth, Amen. LRH!

Btw, GAT IV will blow you away when it's time to repurchase the updated GAT I, II and III volumes that will be out-Tech.

Scientology: ''Everything old is new again at new and expanded pricing!''
    • Like Like x 2
  12. DeathHamster Member

Their site says:
    Nine days now.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. RightOn Member

ohhhhh!
    Like I said in the other thread....
    FA LA LA LA ~
    BWAH HA HA HA!
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Quentinanon Member

A less dishonest version would be, "Real soon now." and a truthful version would be, "We have no idea because it's just a real estate investment behind religious cloaking."
    • Like Like x 3
  15. TorontosRoot Member

It's one hell of a pointless investment considering it will only be sold off again and again, or abandoned if a vehicle crashes into it and damages it further.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Quentinanon Member

Perhaps a forensic accountant in Revenue Canada could make sense out of it.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. RolandRB Member

There's a slight glitch in GAT phase rollouts. Most of the clams have dropped out of doing The Basics let alone the few have started on the Glorious GAT II services and dropped out. I guess they figure that the quicker they re-do their Bridge and training, the quicker they have to re-do their Bridge and training. They can't roll out GAT III until GAT II is completed and the loyal members are eager and ready for the next greatest Tech Breakthrough from Glorious Leader COB. At this rate, GAT III won't be released until 2025. This will hit their income somewhat in the meantime and require extra donations from the whales to tide them over.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. DeathHamster Member

I was passing by last night...

TorDisaster.jpg
    • Like Like x 12
  19. TorontosRoot Member

Ha, needs a photo of that in front of the peter street temporary org. :D
    It'll never be renovated, and i'm tempted to see if somebody put any stickers (critical that is) on the wood, doors or any windows. lol
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Quentinanon Member

Needs posters promoting The Unbreakable Miss Lovely over boarded-up windows.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. A thing of beauty, DH.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. TorontosRoot Member

Hmm, not a bad idea, and a legal one too.
  23. jensting Member

TUML_Toronto.jpg So$_Toronto.jpg
    Couple of snaps from Toronto. While the Peter Street "temporary" - more like "terminal" - bOrg is not in a bad place, I never saw a clam in the street. Loads of posters with volcanoes on them, but they're for a Pompei exhibition :).
    • Like Like x 5
  24. Anonymous Member

LAWL! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  25. TorontosRoot Member

Very lovely. :D
    If I pass by the idle never being renovated morgue, i'll throw a sticker or something on the board. No writing/chalking due to it not being legal, unless it's on the sidewalk, that would be perfectly okay. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  26. The Wrong Guy Member

[IMG]

Photo Of The Day – Toronto Ideal Org | Sec Check

The former Toronto Org building is officially planned as the future Toronto Ideal Org, but the building is continuing to decay. The rain is apparently being kept out with duct tape, the graffiti is covering more of the outside walls, and we think Scientology will eventually be forced to sell it rather than renovate it.

Source:
    https://seccheck.wordpress.com/2015/08/07/photo-of-the-day-toronto-ideal-org/
    • Like Like x 9
  27. TorontosRoot Member

Since I was passing it, the graffiti has been cleaned off multiple times over, and I hope some inspiring artists put up some anti-scientology art up there sometime during the night or something that won't get noticed until the next day.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. DeathHamster Member

Did they ever get the stuff inside the org?

Torgo%20003sml.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  29. TorontosRoot Member

OH SHIT! I guess somebody snuck in the open doors and did that really quietly.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. DeathHamster Member

After all this time, some squatters wouldn't be unusual.
    • Like Like x 2
  31. Quentinanon Member

Needs moar aliens staring out the windows.
    • Like Like x 6
  32. HellRazor Member

Don't count them out yet. We've seen mOrgs rise from the dead before, like some sort of zombie movie.
  33. RightOn Member

You guys are all haters and disbelievers. :eek:
    They ARE in the process of renovating! They used like three rolls of duck tape on the windows.
    Duct tape ain't cheap brah!
    Don't you worry, it's coming right along..... right along.... soon.... just you wait.... any time now.....you'll see.....err.... um....
    • Like Like x 3
  34. BigBeard Member

Looking at the facade below the windows, it looks like they've got a serious problem with water getting into the wall at several points. If it's not fixed soon, bricks will be falling on people's heads as they walk by.

Are they trying for the 50's "held together with duct tape and baling wire" jalopy look?

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 3
  35. TorontosRoot Member

NOT A NEVAR!
    • Like Like x 1
  36. JohnnyRUClear Member

This is a rare moment when I'm happy to see dilapidation and urban decay. I'd rather see a "SOLD" sign on the building, but until then, this will do.
    • Like Like x 3
  37. TorontosRoot Member

I want to see it gone.
    • Like Like x 3
  38. Quentinanon Member

A world without war, crime and insanity is a world without scientology.
    • Like Like x 6
  39. They're not squatters, they're Sea-Org RPFers whose stats are down a tad at the moment and Scientology is expanding so fast that this building is not errrrr........ big enough ......... to handle all the new raw meat desperately seeking our uummmm........services.......
    • Like Like x 1
  40. HellRazor Member

I passed by yesterday afternoon. There were 2 small "Free Stress Test" signs on the door to the elevator lobby. The door was ajar and I saw 1 or 2 staff members inside.
    • Like Like x 2
  41. TorontosRoot Member

Nobody but the two staff. Hahahaha. #winning
    • Like Like x 2
  42. HellRazor Member

You could see it that way. On the other hand, a supposed dead or undergoing construction appears to be quite operational.
  43. Anonymous Member

But two zombies doesn't make an apocalypse.
    • Like Like x 2
  44. TorontosRoot Member

Needs moar zombies.
    • Like Like x 2
  45. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 3
  46. TorontosRoot Member

• Like Like x 1
  47. DeathHamster Member

They don't have construction permits, but I wonder if there are other permits that they need for normal usage, like fire safety, that are no longer up to date?
    • Like Like x 1
  48. TorontosRoot Member

Decades or at least 5 years out of date? We had better let the city know. OSA probably is keeping track of this. ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  49. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 4
  50. TorontosRoot Member

51. Quentinanon Member

And without sorrow.
    • Like Like x 1
  52. DeathHamster Member

Ontario restructured their list of registered religious officials authorized to perform marriages in the province. They now list the religious affiliation.

http://www.ontario.ca/data/registered-religious-officials

There are exactly five Scientolgists in Ontario allowed to perform weddings:
    • TORONTO SMITH, EARL WAYNE
    • CAMBRIDGE SHANK, YVETTE
    • OTTAWA MANN, CATHIE
    • TORONTO FELSKE, PAT
    • TORONTO MACDONALD, JOCK
    No new ones, good. That would require charity status from the Canada Revenue Agency, which they didn't get in 1999. They managed to sneak a bunch in the 90s "because we're going to get charity status real soon and we'll sue if you don't!" Five aging old-timers.

(To be honest, I don't care that much, but if my Wiccan friends can't then to heck with Scientology!)
    • Like Like x 3
  53. TorontosRoot Member

Wiccan deserves more than that cult! :p
    • Like Like x 2
  54. Shank the Skank marrying Rossy & Phil (Feb 2016; Cambridge mOrg)
    Sorry you can't unsee it.

Skank_Shank.jpg
  55. DeathHamster Member

Half the wedding reception line threw rice. The other half caught it and ate it.
    • Like Like x 6
  56. TorontosRoot Member

No afterparty, no dancing or drinking. No usual games seen at weddings. This is backwards efil.

57. I wish I click like multiple times. Thanks for the chuckle.
    • Like Like x 1
  58. Disambiguation Global Moderator