Customize

Scientology building on fire - Insurance fraud?

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, May 14, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

False flag?? Fire lit by scilons - blame Anonymous!

They are desperate enough to do this.

I'll bet there's ZERO CCTV of the area, in spite of over 9000 cameras the cult installed with fraudulently obtained money.

And still no superpower building!! LMFAO!!
    • Like Like x 3
  3. xenubarb Member

There's a history of mysterious fires and Scientology buildings. Grey Moss Inn, in CW, f'r instance.
  4. RightOn Member

there have been previous fires in COS's history
    where they just ligit fires? or snarky fires? we may never know
  5. subgenius Member

6. subgenius Member

Clearwater Fire and Rescue crews responded to a call at a Church of Scientology building Saturday morning.

Someone reported smoke in the building at 531 Franklin Street around 3:30 a.m.

Witnesses at the scene said there is heavy smoke damage to the structure.

There was no one in the building at the time and no injuries were reported.

The building is a one-story office unit across from the main spiritual headquarters of the Church

There is no word yet on how incident started.

Bay News 9 has a crew on the scene to bring you more information as it becomes available.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. amaX Member

Holy Crap. Edited because of SubG's post.
  8. anonymous612 Member

I thought it was the clown building.

-disappoint-
    • Like Like x 2
  9. RightOn Member

So it's not the Supah Power Bldg then?
  10. amaX Member

That's the Clown Building. We call it that because it's like a clown car with Sea Org going in. Sea Org take courses there. The building is directly across the street from the southeast corner of the Stupid Powers Bldg. In between that building and one of the Sci parking garages is where NOVA (general contractor on SP Bldg.) and other contractors keep supplies. I am very glad that no one was hurt.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. amaX Member

I think it is is the Clown Building, Six. They're calling it a Sci college? The Clown Bldg. where Sea Org take their courses so I guess they're saying it's a college?

Let's all remember that in Clearwater, Sci buildings' fire alarm systems are not hooked up directly to the fire department. The call goes to the Ft. Harrison and then to fire department if needed. Can't have someone peskily trying to escape by using a fire alarm now can we?
    • Like Like x 6
  12. amaX Member

Directly across the street from the southeast corner of the SP Bldg.
  13. subgenius Member

huh
  14. Anonymous Member

Read the sauce in the OP next time maybe?

15. RightOn Member

oh well.
    Guess the donors for the Supa Power will have a sigh of relief then.
    hey Steve Brackett, that empty shell of the building you donated so much money to is still safe! You can still RIP.
    insert sarcasm
  16. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 3
  17. amaX Member

Piss off. I was reading ANOTHER report that said no injuries, okay? It must have been an OLDER report on Bay News 9 BEFORE an injury had been reported. Congratulations on your new job of proof reading every word of every post.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. amaX Member

Yup. The 9-1-1 system is routed through the Ft. Harrison.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Optimisticate Member

No comments on the article. Are they moderated?
  20. RightOn Member

is this legal? What about the safety of the employees? errr I mean "volunteers"
    None of them can grab a phone and call 911 directly? OR am I not understanding this
    hey it's early
  21. subgenius Member

so no one in any of those buildings has the power to decide if they are having a medical or other emergency
    that decision will be made by others
    that seems wrong
    Edit:
    very wrong
    and very dangerous
    paging Clearwater Public Safety
    • Like Like x 8
  22. Jeff Jacobsen Member

• Like Like x 4
  23. RightOn Member

would this non 911 access be an OSHA concern?
    I said OSHA not OSA lol

I guess if they were investigated, the Sea Orgers would lie and say that they can call 911 if they need to without getting it approved first?
    • Like Like x 2
  24. Triumph Member

Scientology Scorched Earth Policy?

"they Needed a plot of land near Super Powarz to erect a Statue of McSlappy on"...

needed room for a flagship McSlappy Burger Franchise

calculated the exact location of Hubbards Return..wanted to clear a landing pad for the return of the motherwheel

realized Marty Rathbun actually somehow owned the building
  25. Anonymous Member

I bet someone fell asleep with a lit cigarette. That's more likely the situation.
  26. subgenius Member

building un-occupied at time per report
  27. subgenius Member

more public safety/buildings dept/etc
  28. xenubarb Member

then who got evacuated?
    • Like Like x 4
  29. Triumph Member

SuperStock_1566-0171983.jpg
    nothing bad could happen....what could possibly go wrong?
    • Like Like x 3
  30. subgenius Member

body thetans
    • Like Like x 4
  31. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

My familiarity with OSHA is that it doesn't have to be hooked up to a call system like 911. It just has to be there and alert people to either GTFO or perform their fire safety plan.
  32. Anonymous Member

33. anonymous612 Member

I'm sorry, what AMA meant to say is she's glad no one we actually care about was hurt.

Unless it was one of the firefighters who was injured. In which case, I'm a dick.
  34. AnonLover Member

I've seen the same thing with large corporation complexes (where corporate HQ + Manufacturing plants + lots of other buildings cover large area), and military contractor/subcontractor facilities. But in my state, there was inspections, standards and requirements out the wazoo. all required by insurance company, and brought alot of foot traffic in from the outside to check/test, maintain and keep up to snuff on a seasonal basis.

kinda hard to imagine scilons having that kind of state/local foot traffic tramping thru all the buildings tied into the center call desk, so surely FL is either more lax or has better loop holes.
  35. anonymous612 Member

Saw the fire damage -- the exterior, at least -- today. Their overhang entranceway thing has either collapsed from the fire or been pulled down in the evacuation. The shutter/vent wooden panels they cover their windows with collapsed on the other sides too. The building was roped off with caution tape and a couple squad cars and the investigator were there.

As AMA mentioned, it is right next to their construction area, and it's kind of a shitty building. My money is on some sort of code violation, like faulty wiring. It is possible someone failed to properly put out a cigarette, though, they and the construction workers smoke there a LOT. But I'm just guessing wildly here.
  36. timthephoto Member

wat no pictures?
  37. anonymous612 Member

38. Anonymous Member

Do they usually self-insure their buildings?
  39. RightOn Member

I guess there are plenty of businesses who do not have a direct access to 911 for their employees.
    Difference is, if an employee wants to call 911 on their own cell phones they can. Sea orgers are not allowed to do so
    • Like Like x 2
  40. Loki's spawn Member

Does anybody know how much the insurance will pay for?