Customize

Scientology Flag listing the BUSINESSES that have “all their staff” on service, including Boy Scouts

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Scientology Flag Land Base listing the BUSINESSES that have “all their staff” on service, including Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts.
    Mike Rinder: Flag “OT” News
    http://www.mikerindersblog.org/flag-ot-news/

Be sure to see the excerpt of Mike's comment, as well as my comment, below.
    otnews001.jpg
    otnews002.jpg
    EXCERPT FROM MIKE'S COMMENT:

Woww — they are listing the BUSINESSES that have “all their staff” on service.

Wonder if this is going to be used the next time one of these business is sued for enforcing scientology on their employees. Every time in the past they have tried to claim “Oh, they have a choice” (and they generally lose), but this pretty much confirms it — AND THEY PUT IT IN WRITING!

COMMUNICATOR IC: PLEASE ALSO NOTE above this includes the "local Boy Scout Troop" and the "local Cub Scout Troop."

otnews003.jpg
    otnews004.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  2. From their point of view, this is a win.

For me, this is creepy. The Boy Scouts of Clearwater are now lumped in with the likes of Applied Scholastics which always was a front group anyway. This was not what Baden-Powell ever intended, I am sure.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. amaX Member

The cult has had the boy scout troop for quite a while now. Gentle harpoons were sent out a few years ago and nothing was done about the cult troop. It's my understanding that the cult works within the Boys and Girls Clubs in the Clearwater/Tampa Bay area.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. 268

Prizes Sponsored by The Friends of L. Ron Hubbard Foundation

Contest Background:

Ninety years ago in 1924, Camp Parsons Eagle Scout L. Ron Hubbard at 13 years of age led hikes through The Brothers and Buckhorn Wilderness Areas from Camp Parsons. He used one of the the first point-and-shoot cameras, The Kodak Brownie Jr., to photograph areas of the Wilderness for his Photography Merit Badge. The photographs have been fully restored and will be on display at Camp Parsons and are the inspiration for the contest in the 50th Anniversary year of the Wilderness Act. Scouts will get the opportunity to improve their photographic skills for their merit badges and appreciate the history and value of the Wilderness Areas.

[IMG]
  5. RolandRB Member

He intended to give them all dicky-back rides.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DeathHamster Member

Not exactly new, and it gets creepier. In LA, Troop 8 is lumped in with the Sea Org of the Celebrity Centre, and is part of the Birthday Game (i.e. book sales).

2002commend.jpg~original.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  7. DeathHamster Member

Camp Parsons?

You're shitting me! Do they have a merit badge in Moon Child?
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Where is WISE in this mess?
  9. Sonichu Moderator

As terrible as that is, it really doesn't surprise me. Once the Scis whip out the fact that LRH was an Eagle Scout way back when scouting was just invented, its enough to impress anyone, and make you stop and listen. And I have a feeling the average Scout or Scouter (adults running the troops) probably hasn't done their due diligence.

What is encouraging at least is that these hooks are only on the Troop Level. I was expecting something a little higher.

For anyone that doesn't know about scouting, it goes like this:

A Troop is the smallest unit, that's what your church or school sponsors.
    Then there is a District, a collection of troops, who sometimes meet together.
    Then there is a Council, Generally This is along the lines of a County, if it's a metropolitan area, up to a State depending on the size.
    Lastly there are Regions, which is only used for grouping a handful of councils together, only really used at the upper levels.

So considering that the Sci only have their hooks into Local councils, that's surprisingly a small circle of influence.

My advice: Reharpoon regarding Sci's hatred of Homosexuals. That's been a big button topic in Scouting circles, regarding allowing Homosexuals into the program, and a troop would certainly not want to look like it was involved in a group that considers homosexuals to be degraded beings.

On the other hand, if the Troop Leadership is able to whitewash said claims then we know 2 things:
    The troop leadership is controlled by clams.
    Further Harpoons at the District/ Council level are needed.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Troop 313 meets at Delphi Academy, an Applied Scholastics school.

11. Mind-reading, remote viewing, thetans with small bodies selling DIANETICS books dressed as Boy Scouts. A pretty clever move toward respectability and acceptance, (''They're no worse than Creationists.''). It just might work.

It was always pounded into us staff by the GO that we had to act like a real religion. Get enough clams together and they all tend to reinforce each other's beliefs that they are in a real religion. The only true religion, as a matter of fact.

Some of those old boomers have been in the cult so long that they tend to live in cities like Los Angeles or Clearwater where there are lots of clams just like them and lots of huge buildings that scream Scientology. It's more pro-survival on all dynamics. They would say something like that. They often run their own business and often have a huge built in Scilon clientele. A Scilon Boy Scout Troop makes a lot of sense in a city with lots of clams, obviously.

Edit: I mean to say a Boy Scout troop makes sense for at least two reasons:

1.) It strengthens the bonds within the clam community and thus strengthens the grip the cult has on all concerned.

2.) It is a great PR move. It is yet another move to gain acceptance from the real world. In some ways they remind me of the squatters who move in to your backyard and start building a house. Once it gets to that point, it starts to become a battle to get them out.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

BOY SCOUTS ADVANCE TO EAGLE, RECEIVE AWARDS

Boy Scout Troop 313, chartered to the Church of Scientology, Flag Service Organization, held its Court of Honor Ceremony at Delphi Academy this week. Six Scouts advanced in rank and 13 merit badges were awarded.

The ceremony, led by newly advanced Boy Scout Cole Sherman, was highlighted by the announcement that Life Scout William Harris had fulfilled all of his Eagle Scout requirements and was awarded the rank of Eagle Scout.

In addition to completing 21 merit badges, Harris created planter boxes at Washburn Academy, where he attends high school.

In addition to Harris' achievements, other Scouts who were advanced in rank included Mason Hillman (to Tenderfoot), Zack Fishman and Alex Harvey (to 1st Class Scout) and Roark Haggerty to Star Scout.

Source:
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/hometown-north-pinellas/2234820
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sonichu Moderator

That just makes it seem more likely that this Troop has even less Sci involvement than previously thought.

If it's notable that he became an eagle, then it's probably the Troops first eagle. This Troop can't be more than a decade old if that's the case.

Second, if he goes to school somewhere else, then it's very likely that he's just involved in the scouting scene that happens to be chartered to a sci place.

In my experience, the chartered organization has very little to do with the day to day going ons of the troop. Generally there was a weak presence of the Troop at organization events, like fairs. There may have been a member of the organization present at the ceremony, but it's not a requirement.

Out of all the things scis do, this is possibly the only one that's not immediately despicable.
  14. RightOn Member

15. Sonichu Moderator

On the plus side, the BSA recently allowed Gay Leaders to be Scouters.

Maybe the Scis will drop the BSA since it now supports gay equality?
  16. RightOn Member

nah, they still need to look "wholesome" and caring and the Scouts connection is needed for that
  17. DeathHamster Member

Unmentioned but present is that all their staff must be Scientology staff. Naturally, there's no concept of what to do if an employee says "No thank you, I'm not interested in your religion", other than fire them as a PTS/SP. No idea that their "game" is bordering on illegal. And if anyone stands their ground, total surprise when the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission lands on them from a great height.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. RightOn Member

wow that does sound easy and fun to play! :confused:
  19. amaX Member

Here's text of the full press release and it seems that this troop is still very much affiliated with the cult.

[Link to this press release: http://globenewswire.com/news-relea...ates-Newest-Eagle-Scout-and-Advancements.html ]

*Note that Lisa Mansell is the contact if you want more information. Lisa Mansell is Peter Mansell's wife.

1 0 0 134 btn_print.png?v=214218.png
    June 03, 2015 21:23 ET | Source: Church of Scientology Flag Service Organization
    Summary: In a tradition spanning 105 years, members of Boy Scout Troop 313 celebrated a year of hard work and dedication to demonstrating the Boy Scout Oath, including awarding the rank of Eagle Scout to one of their own.
    CLEARWATER, Fla., June 03, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Boy Scout Troop 313, chartered to the Church of Scientology, Flag Service Organization, held their Court of Honor Ceremony at Delphi Academy this week. Six Scouts advanced in rank and thirteen merit badges were awarded.
    The ceremony, led by newly advanced Boy Scout Cole Sherman, was highlighted by the announcement that Life Scout William Harris had fulfilled all of his Eagle Scout requirements and was awarded the rank of Eagle Scout.
    “This is one of the best things that I have ever done with my life,” Harris said to the audience. “All along in my life, I have used what I have learned in Scouting. And now that I am an Eagle Scout, I see that I can do so much more.”
    Mr. Harris had the additional challenge of his first language being French. “When he first started coming to Troop meetings,” recalled Scout Master Steve Lund, ”William worked hard to learn English so that he could be a part of the Troop. I am very proud of him.”
    Scout Master Lund also acknowledged Harris’ parents. “A Scout doesn’t take this journey on his own and we need to recognize the two people who helped you to get there and were by your side the whole way, your mom and dad.”
    In addition to completing twenty-one merit badges, Harris also needed to plan, fund and complete a project that benefits the community. Harris’ project was to create planter boxes at Washburn Academy, where he attends high school.
    Harris, follows in the footsteps of many famous Americans who have also earned this rank, including Scientology’s founder, L. Ron Hubbard.
    “Of all of the various information which became important to me,” wrote Hubbard, “such as photography, wood lore, signaling and many other subjects, the basis of it was laid in Scouting.”
    Hubbard credited the skills he learned in Scouting with helping him survive his military duties in World War II.
    In addition to Harris’ achievements, other Scouts who were advanced in rank included Mason Hillman (to Tenderfoot), Zack Fishman and Alex Harvey (to 1st Class Scout) and Roark Haggerty to Star Scout.
    To find out more about Boy Scouting, please visit the Boy Scouts of America website at www.scouting.org.

For Information
    (727) 467-6860
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DeathHamster Member

Both are Applied Scholastics schools. Any bets that their membership is strangely limited to similar places? Also, Flag Service Organization is Sea Org-run, and probably see the troop as a recruitment zone.
    • Like Like x 2