Customize

Scientology in Israel: Tony Ortega Goes Transatlantic

Discussion in 'Media' started by AnonLover, Nov 15, 2011.

1. AnonLover Member

Holy moley - bombshell... TonyO delivers big, and his "transatlantic" venture - wasnt all just a tease!

Scientology in Israel: Arson, Attempted Murder, Foreclosure, General Paranoia -- And a Visit by the Voice!

• Like Like x 2
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology in Israel: Arson, Attempted Murder, Foreclosure, General Paranoia -- And a Visit by the Voice! - New York News - Runnin' Scared

By Tony Ortega

Here at the Voice we've reported this year on some pretty hard to believe worldwide developments in the ongoing Scientology saga -- from allegations of lying about child molestation in Australia, to splitting up families in California, to a months long siege by an intimidation squad in South Texas, to bizarre interference with a company trying to bring a life-saving machine to market in Florida.

But nothing seemed quite as strange, as wild, as ready for a Hollywood movie, as what has been happening with a Scientology building in Jaffa, Israel. We could hardly believe our eyes as we read about an attempt to blow up the Scientology facility -- and allegedly by Scientology's own agent. There was a botched car bombing that hurt a man and his young daughter. There were allegations of a religiously-themed frame job, of a failed attempt to assassinate a local government official by thugs dressed as police officers -- it just got stranger and stranger. We devoured stories about the allegations, but it was difficult to tell exactly what was going with Scientology's "org" as it attempted to open. What was really happening?

Then, last week, we found ourselves in Israel. So we stopped by.

More: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/11/scientology_in_israel_gur_finkelstein.php
    • Like Like x 6
  3. heatberd Member

MURDER. MURDER. MURDER. MURDER

Finally. The word.
  4. heatberd Member

No bruises though.
  5. James Spader Member

6. The Wrong Guy Member

In the past I have read a lot of articles about Scientology that were amazing, but Tony's latest piece is an incredible story. Make sure to read the whole thing.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Anonymous Member

8. Anonymous Member

I liked this one from the previous thread:
    SOISRAEL.png
    • Like Like x 4
  9. un-isness Member

This is a first rate article by Tony, with mighty fine researching.

Tony provides understandable explanations of highly convoluted nefarious situations involving our favorite cult.

It's worth reading the whole damn thing twice.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. AnonLover Member

^^I've already done it twice... and Imma expecting a third read before the end of the week hits :)
  11. Anonymous Member

So I have a technical question - it's a great article, but it doesn't appear particularly high on the list of threads. I mean I don't even see it on "what's new". Does it get bumped automatically, or a moderator is needed for that?
  12. Anonymous Member

You just bumped it, dear :)
  13. Anonymous Member

^^^ So the more posts there are the higher it climbes? I know it's a silly question, because I've been posting here for months now, but I never really understood how it worked.
  14. Anna_Asks Member

On the "what's new" page, if you've already looked at a thread and there are no new replies, it doesn't show. It confused me too!
  15. AnonLover Member

Boz - if there's no new posts on the thread since you last looked at, the default listing under "What's New" and "Watched Threads" won't list it.

You have to use the "All Recent Threads" or "All Watched Threads" secondary links to see threads you've already read that have nothing new to bump them to unread.

And as far as "climbing higher" what you should really look at is the Media subforum index page - if a given thread has fallen off of the first page than its on the downward climb to getting buried as old news. If it's still on the first page, then the number of reads/replies indicates how much viewing traffic its getting.
  16. Anonymous Member

Ha! I never knew that.

Great explanation and I have to say- I love how nerdy you are. Now I need to find the media subforum index page.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

I believe threads in "what's new" are in order of those having the most recent additions.
  18. Anonymous Member

Please disregard what I just said. Better explanation given by AnonLover.
  19. Etain Member

Love this statement from Eitan Erez, Salati's attorney.

And that he said it with a smile, too. :D

Now THAT... is some confidence and balls of steel!
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Sponge Member

Also, a previousprevious thread on the story from May 2011,
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/mobsters-israel-scientology-bombs.88543/
    and a previouspreviousprevious thread from October 2010
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/new-israeli-scientology-org-in-jaffa-was-set-on-fire.64225/
    for those who want to enjoy the full media timeline on this big fat lulzcow that just keeps on giving.

Thank you, Hurr Gurr Finkelshoop.
    jaffafirefinkleshoop.jpg
    • Like Like x 6
  21. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

And Tony also posted a nasty email that Mark Miglio sent him this time. Here it is:

Wow, what a week; I don't think I can survive anymore explosive revelations.

I had been worried about the Basics being sold in insufficient numbers; but after your article today, I am very much more concerned that our new Israeli building will be car bombed by the general contractor, or our Mideast lawyer friend, or by the vendor on the street, or by pro-Arab groups that consider Scientology pro-Israel .

OR, the building may be put up into foreclosure, thanks to Finkelnut or the construction guy, or even the Church itself.

OR, when even after all the remodeling is completed and looking beautiful, and the local media scene seems to have become relatively sane, the city officials might adjudicate that the new extension must be demolished; but then once removed, just for spite the officials refuse to give the building a legal permit for occupation.

OR, a fellowship of European anonymous Scientology experts siege the boulevard in front of the church with a New York style beach-party occupation festival and somehow that security guard featured in your article punches one of the anonymous officals in the
    face and we have a new PR flap.

OR, even if none of these things come to pass, the Church may never actually get to open that building because of protracted legal battles that go on, and on, for years costing untold
    millions of $hekels, for which I will obviously have to make donations towards its resolution. Well, apprehensions can be infectious. I may have become feverish. There is probably an OT already on the scene working Hubbard's magic.

I feel for our new Israeli Scientologists who just want a quiet place to study those new basic books.

ARC,
    Mark
  23. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 4
  24. Anonymous Member

OTVIIIisGrrr8! posted this in response to the article. Fucking hilarious!

Gur Finklestein is not a Scientologist and never was. We checked our IAS records and his name appears nowhere. What we did find is that Gur Finklestein is actually the Chief of all Israeli psychiatrists and that he had been posing as a Scientologist for a long time in order to give Scientology a bad name. When the deep cover psych spy Dr. Finklestein disovered that Scientology's natural integrity and honesty could not be besmirched in any way he became incensed.

This is when his mad dog crimes began. Finklestien made attacks in, I believe it is alleged, Alhambra, Calfornia near a theater. Alhambra is a beautiful city as is nearby Arcadia and, to be clear, Scientology believes in the civic betterment of Alhambra and Aracida which is why we are asking for $50,000 in order to donate copies of The Way to Happiness to the many beauty colleges, bowling alleys, dive bars, and fast food restaurants for which these cities are famous.

When he pulled in his own arrest, Finklestein screamed "Scientology" in public as a way to deflect blame from off himself.

Scientology is foreclosing on its Jaffa Ideal Org not because of any problems. The case is rather that Scientology needs 5X more square footage in Jaffa than previously planned. On any given day we receive at least 1,000 calls from people in the local area who are searching for the answers to life in the pages of Scientology books. To date, we have given out over 100,000,000 copies of The Way to Happiness in the Jewish language which I believe is Aramaic or something like that. Over 9000 Jewish rabbis in Jerusalem now include Scientology materials in their religious services in Israel and neighboring countries such as Guam, Japan, and Canada.

Please donate to your local Basics campaign today.

Please do not support Tony Ortega or the Village Voice as both are grossly out ethics.
    • Like Like x 8
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

<-- Happy and proud to be grossly out-ethics
    • Like Like x 5
  26. Strixcoil Moderator

Here, my dear, let me bump it as well! :)

*They see me bumpin', they hatin'*
    • Like Like x 4
  27. Mark Miglio wanted to join the party.... so....

3Yt5X.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Anonymous Member

Tony Orsome.
  29. Anonymous Member

Successful troll
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Sponge Member

• Like Like x 8
    • Like Like x 10
  31. AnonLover Member

32. The notion of a truly ethical Scientologist is inconceivable.........

Scientology Ethics: I don't think that word means what they think it means.......

You need to be very honest and highly ethical in the real world to obtain the distinction of being labeled Grossly Out-Ethics by the phony 'Church' of Scientology and their grossly distorted version of controlling, abusive 'Church' Ethics devised by a chid-abusing, convicted fraud and noted Liar named (Ugh) L. Ron Hubbard........

Congratulations on this distinction, Tony Ortega, well-played, amazing story, yet somehow not unexpected from this abusive, criminal enterprise trying to set up a new shop for the scam in Israel.......

They don't 'lie', they just invent.....errr......'acceptable' truths like "Narconon works and we Scientologists are the experts in 'CURING' drug addiction (BIG, ARROGANT, SCHEMING LIE).......

Every Scientologist will lie about Narconon's success, the truth is studies have shown that over 75% of fully paid enrollees (30 grand paid in advance) leave the program before 'graduating" and of the 25% remaining many of those relapse, opiate addicts especially........

The entire program is based on medically dangerous LRH quackery that has no legitimate rehabilitation purpose and only serves to enrich the cult with millions in fraudulent payments for a plan that does not work anywhere near their bogus claims of success........

Imho, end the abusive Narconon scam and the rest of the 'Church's' front group scams will follow.
    David Love's work in exposing this horrible scam has been immense......

Narconon itself is 'secular' according to Scientology 'doctrine' after all and attacking that scam is not attacking their 'Religion' , you know the phony one invented by LRH using a Religious Cloaking Policy, ffs, after his 'Science' of the mind was totally debunked by actual scientists...........
    • Like Like x 2
  33. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 6
  34. Anonymous Member

Loving that Bauhaus building. Miscavige wishes his legacy will survive as long. Freewinds coke deals don't count as artistic splendour.
  35. Anonymous Member

I keep seeing Finkelstein's glasses as being held together with white tape.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. eddieVroom Member

• Like Like x 6
  37. Sponge Member

• Like Like x 7
  38. Anonymous Member

This just keeps getting funnier. Thanks Sponge.
    • Like Like x 1