Customize

Scientology in south africa

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by auchraw, Jan 29, 2009.

1. auchraw Member

South Africa: enturbulation needed?

It came up somewhere else that DM was making inroads in South Africa among the new black middle class. It seems a shame to me that they no sooner get out the hands of one set of exploiting white b/tards than they fall into the hands of another lot. And I like Africa and Africans so can we organise something down there?

Also South Africa has lots of things Wee Davie would like to get his paws on, such as diamonds and gold.

As of March 08, Scientology owned six properties there: the large and unbeautiful Kyalami Castle, 64,000 square feet in 22 acres; a 7 story building at St George's Centre, Cape Town; also at Morningside, Durban; Church Street, Pretoria; Goven Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth and Kensington Golf Club House (I swear), Jo'burg. So scope for protests.

I suspect the usual approach should be supplemented by something designed for the job; by someone who knows Black Africa. I fancy the family ghosts disapprove of Scientology as they play no part in it.
  2. Ahriman Member

Scientology in south africa

I would like to know did L.Ron Hubbard have special interest in South Africa for scientology.
    And I would like to inform people that scientology has aqquired new real estate here in S.A. it is conference center and wedding venue called Kyalami Castle to be used as a retreat.
  3. anonymous1312 Member

Re: Scientology in south africa

Yeah, Scientology management have being looking to move to South Africa at least since since mid 2008, it may happen formally sometime this year. That said the slippery bastards might pull a fast one and relocate to some other country so keep an eye on them and their property deals.

Thanks for the intel, looks like you'll have something to protest so start preparing. We need all the eyes and ears we can get. Pics and docs greatly appreciated, along with contact details of local authorities etc. You can never have too many contacts. :)

Good work.
  4. Nataku Member

"'From Southern Africa will spring the next great civilization on this planet, and it will succeed because Scientology and all its technology is on its side.' - L. Ron Hubbard
  5. anonymous1312 Member

Yep, sounds like a good reason for the scilon management to move to South Africa. Definitely need more info on this one.
  6. Ahriman Member

Another reason is that this country full of guilible people
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

I wonder whether he saw apartheid as an appropriate model or he forsaw the present situation...
  8. Ahriman Member

The group will have plenty of influential puppet masters and blind followers here.
  9. Mutante Member

I've seen at least two South African anons in other threads posting 'Where are all the other South African anons?'

GET IN HERE, MILK TARTS!!!!
  10. anonymous1312 Member

Your mission then is to educate them in ways they can understand that the cult will ultimately destroy them and start recruiting in your area. Start cultivating contacts with local Government, especially in education, law enforcement and military. Start lobbying your main Government.

Explain to them how this cult will seriously screw up the country and is a threat to their established order of Government and development; explain to them how even in the USA the cult has taken control of some towns and cities and is holding back their development; point to their never completed projects, the ghost town that is Clearwater, the control they have over local authorities in Florida and California. Explain how they seek to get political leverage so they can take over, that anyone who deals with them ultimately comes under their control, that they have their own secret police (OSA) and how if given a chance they will brainwash the common people so their only allegiance is to the cult and they will rise up and fight anyone who tries to oppose them; point to the various examples of fair game past and present and explain these are perpetrated by ordinary folk who believe they are doing the right thing to support the cult. Write letters. Send emails. Send videos.

In short warn them how it will be if the scilons come to South Africa.

You never mentioned which part of South Africa you're from. This is of interest to me, different project. ;-)
  11. Ann O'Nymous Member

Opening a Ning - or another central place - could help.
  12. Ahriman Member

I am from secunda
  13. NotBobMinton Member

Scientology has been trying to set up base in Africa for decades (since Hubbard's time). I suspect he was quite excited by the power dynamics half a century ago. Each time they tried to set up base, they were quickly told to GTFO & barely got away with their assess attached to their behinds. Africans are not quite as easily controlled as they hoped.

With some of the stories that come out of some African nations about the violent reaction of residents to suspected witches, I can't imagine that a cult like scientology would last long.

(If I am applying any stereo types to these areas, by all means South African Anons, please feel free to correct me.)

ETA: With all of the power struggles in African, perhaps an authoritative power grabbing set of outsiders is quickly identified & set in it's proper place.
  14. Hombre Moderator Skandinaviska

Tell South African government to contact German government re:Scientology.
  15. Mousey Member

An easy way to PA some of the government organizations of SA against scientology is to give them dox about what the scilons think of HIV/AIDS.
  16. Nataku Member

17. fitch2000 Member

"In South Africa terrorism and its attendant dangers can be fought more effectively by E-Meters than by guns, since only Scientologists with meters could detect subversives."

[LRH, "E-Meters Replace Guns", HCO Information Letter of 16 Oct 1968]

Found a nice article here:

l.ron.nutcase - Scientology's Fight FOR Apartheid
  18. duanon Member

Castle Kyalami - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote :

In March 2008, the castle was purchased by the Church of Scientology for an undisclosed amount.[1] Paul Sondergaard, National Director of the Church of Scientology's Public Affairs Office, stated that the grounds will serve as a Scientology retreat: "We were looking for a building big enough for these purposes, that had some character and was out of the city rush".[1] In a Scientology press release, Sondergaard also said that Scientologists would conduct advanced spiritual training at the castle: "For all African Scientologists, this is a dream finally come true ... It means a lot to the future expansion of the Church in Africa."[11]

The purchase was part of an expansion into South Africa by the Church of Scientology, which purchased buildings in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban and Pretoria around the same time.[12] The Castle Kyalami is the Church of Scientology's 66th global acquisition to their international property holdings.[13] According to Scopical, "It is believed that the new property will be used as a central base for the organisation's expansion in Africa."[13]
  19. Ann O'Nymous Member

Thanks for the link. It relies a lot on Kotze Report.
  20. Ann O'Nymous Member

This stuff could be very helpful in many respects, e.g.:
    - Help the present fight against scientology in South Africa (the pro-apartheid might not be well received there9,
    - Contribute to expose LRH 's White supremacism; it could help linking scientology and extreme-right propaganda (e.g. in Germany)
    - Ridicule the idea that e-meters are "for spiritual purpose only".
  21. anonymous1312 Member

Oh yeah, don't forget to mention Hubbard's views on none white people, to be fair to the cult though they're an equal opportunist abusers; Miscabbage would kill his own mother-in-law at the drop of a hat, oh wait she committed suicide by shooting herself 3 times once in the head with a 22 rifle. Anyhow you get the drift.

Warn your friends the curse of scientology is heading their way bearing empty gifts and false promises and are intent in turning them all in to ronbots.
  22. Vir Member

John Duignan has first hand experience with Scientology in Zimbabwe.
  23. i'mglib Member

Raid, baby, raid!

If they have real estate, that's where you raid.

You're just in time for the Anoniversary in February. too.

BTW, the CCHR Industry of Death Museum took a tour there last year. That would have been a good time to raid, but whatever. DO IT!
  24. Re: Scientology in south africa

There are several essays by Chris Owen concerning Scientology's past in South Africa:

Miscellaneous Writings

Also on Solitary Trees are Keshet's pages on Scientology and Racism:

L.Ron Hubbard, Scientology, Dianetics and Racism

I've never seen Solitary Trees mentioned by Anonymous - too tl;dr for the YouTube generation perhaps. It is pretty much ignored by others also, the editors don't advertise it and it won't come up on Google Searches. It is nevertheless a website I recommend to serious journalists and others wondering if Scientology is 'just another silly UFO cult'.

Solitary Trees
  25. themadhair Member

^ Good info on the Odhran Fortune case on that site too. I have borrowed extensively from it.
  26. skollie Member

Gullible and desperate people - and with their clever guise of "volunteer ministers" will have people flocking to them.

They've been in ZA since the early fifties. I remember the org in Joubert Park JHB from the 70's.

Here's an interesting read on the Johannesburg Security Check.

Johannesburg Security Check | RACISM | Scientology Racism

27. NotSoAnon Member

Hubbard wanted to become the dictator of Rhodesia after Rhodes died. He was laughed out of town.

L. Ron Hubbard

"In 1966 he tried to influence Rhodesian politics by producing, 'uninvited', a 'tentative constitution' for that country while attempting to 'ingratiate himself with the leading political figures' of the country. In that constitutional proposal Hubbard required that all voters ('electors' as he called them) had to have '[a] good standard of literacy in English' [Hubbard, 'A Tentative Constitution of the Nation of Rhodesia' ], and it may have been that he saw this literacy requirement as an opportunity to have Scientology form the basis of the emerging country's educational system. In any case, he was expelled from the country in July."
    - Stephen A. Kent, "International Social Control by the Church of Scientology"

"Having been asked to leave Rhodesia in 1966, and fearing British government action (he was later banned from entry), Hubbard fled to Las Palmas and created the 'Sea Organization'."
    - "The Total Freedom Trap"

"I have already made an experiment. I went off by myself into Southern Africa to see whether or not an OT would make it singly and all alone, without any assistance, against the environment around him. And I found out that he would not do too much good. But a group of OTs would be entirely irresistible, and necessary to carry off this type of operation."
    - L. Ron Hubbard, Ron's Journal '67
  28. Pacifist Member

It's encouraging to see a South Africanon. Where ever Scientology rears its ugly head, Anons will be there to kill it with [strike]fire[/strike] caek. Edit: Fix'd

Anons, I believe we should provide as much international /b/lackup to our South African /b/rothers as we can. I'd rather the cult not have this lifeline, where the Anon population is lower. If they establish a foothold there, they'll be more difficult to fight.

Here's the South African government contact page.

They'd love to know such choice quotes as these:

29. TheBitch Member

Careful, that takes on a whole new meaning in S. Africa...

Necklacing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  30. Arsolycus Member

Ken Krieger has been in South Africa for years trying to setup in-roads into the South African Government. He was the former Executive Director of the New York Organization for years he and his wife Susan are both in the Sea Organization; think they're both working on SA together.
  31. Re: Scientology in south africa

Hey,

I'm also a South African anon (good times) and am interested in getting involved / coordinating etc.

I recently set up this blog page to educate people on what this is all about: Anonymous versus Scientology Legendary Words

I have some contacts in the military, the police, the government and the media as well as in the university I am currently at, so I am willing to call in favours and get some good stuff going if we need it.

Also, I had an idea: what if we got the more active religions in SA, such as the Rhema, and His People and River of Life etc, to join in on protesting Scientology. Not necessarily with us as Anonymous but just as another protesting force out there (and you know the stink they can kick up when they want to).

On top of this we should set up a blog or website or something where we can post recent pics and details of possible protest locations, i.e. photos of Scientology centres and their address and contact details, so anyone interested can access them.

We need to get organised this side people!

Also, I was curious: are there set dates for the protests each year or does each group set up their own dates with their own significance or lack thereof?
  32. Anonymous Member

It's not like there's any set rules to abide by...protest whenever you want. Targetting the areas where the scilons have recently acquired real estate with flyers etc. is worthwhile.

As for online activism: gather pertinent information and disseminate to whatever opinion leaders in SA's emerging digerati that you see fit. Ensure that any local media and relevant government officials are made aware of your concerns regarding the connection between scientology and any scilon front group activity (ie. Applied Scholastics, Narconon, "Volunteer Ministers", etc.)
  33. Ogsonofgroo Member

Re: Scientology in south Africa

Welcome South Afranons! It seems CoS has had its eyes on exploiting many different countries, and why should SA be any different. They are losing acceptance in so many places because of their outright sci-faggotry, so have been out probing weaknesses in other countries where they can gain footholds. As typical tactics, they will schmooze the politicians, try to install various fronts liek Crim/Narconon, YFHR, CCHR, the VM 'ministies, and various Lron teaching 'tech' fronts liek Applied Scholastics, anything they can do to gain footholds and garner some sort of credibility.
    As I'm sure you realize there is a tonne of info available here, as well as country specific threads on activism where you can meet others from your region and help set up local cells and websites etc..
    This insidious plague of CoS is shameless in their endeavors to infiltrate any aspect of any culture or society, no matter where, to further their twisted agendas.
    Check out some of the flier/card templates and use them to your benefit, start spreading the word in as many local languages as possible to inoculate peoples.
    First and foremost, educate yourself, about them, their history, and their tactics.
    Forewarned is forearmed. Should you at any point get overwhelmed or confused in where to look, just ask, there are many people who would be more than happy to point ya in the right directions.

Cheers!
  34. AnonymousSA Member

Good day,

Flangenimblick directed me here.

I have set up a blog for South African Anons, Anonymous South Africa, and have set up a Facebook account as well, Indrid Cold - South Africa | Facebook, please add me if you wish.

My email is zanonymousza@gmail.com and my skype is indrid.cold09.

I would really like to get active on this soon, so lets start making it happen.

- Indrid
  35. chrisanon Member

Welcome new SA anons!!

I'm very glad to see you here.

I'm very concerned that SA offers fertile Scilon recruiting grounds,
    and it's high on my list of places Miscavige might flee to when things get too hot for him in the US.

It'd be great if you could persuade your gov't to take the same approach as Germany's! And, of course, educate all of the citizens.
  36. Beavis Member

4c584b6de9a1f7bd471cc863b9e41750.jpg
  37. basil Member

38. AnonymousSA Member

No I did not. Thank you, I have added it to the blog.
  39. basil Member

Glad to help /b/rother.
  40. Re: Scientology in south africa

Does anyone know where we can get hold of Guy Fawkes / V for Vendetta masks in SA?