Customize

Scientology law firm demands Narconon victim story taken down

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by marclacasse, Mar 7, 2014.

1. marclacasse Member

• Like Like x 7
  2. As ifness Member

Lawyer has taken on cult-speak, using the term "anti-Scientologist". In Scientology terms, I would think that means a "dangerous Suppressive Person".

• Like Like x 2
  3. marclacasse Member

Office of Special Affairs
    Jan 4, 2014 - 10 posts - 6 authors
    Subject: Office of Special Affairs International, 6331 Hollywood Blvd, Los ... Melissa Brown, Lynn Shape (an OSA legal staff), Nancy O'Meara (OSA and ... Lynn Farney and Rae Smith and Gloria Idda doing the internet dead
    Int Base update, from Blownforgood - July 09 - Page 4
    8 posts
    Feb 16, 2011
    OSA Operatives: How-to Guide
    10 posts
    Oct 24, 2008
    OSA INT Staff List - Page 4
    10 posts
    May 14, 2008
    OSA INT Staff List - Page 2
    10 posts
    Apr 6, 2008
    More results from www.forum.exscn.net
    Scientology library: “Lynn Farney”
    www.xenu-directory.net/news/library.php?t=Lynn+Farney
    Scientology library: List of items matching “Lynn Farney” ... Starkey • Office of Special Affairs (OSA) (formerly, Guardian's Office) • Operating Thetan (OT) • Private ...

Ex Scientologist Message Board
    www.forum.exscn.net
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Quentinanon Member

To: Anthony Michael Glassman
    Memo: Fuck Off
    • Like Like x 11
  5. Quentinanon Member

Full blown Fair Game campaign against David Love by the scientology crime syndicate.
    Rather than address the allegations and facts against NarCONon, Lynn Farny engages in ad hominem attacks on David Love.

Lynn Farny = OSA Scum
    • Like Like x 10
  6. tinfoilhatter Member

Hmmmm, Did they just make a new foot bullet?

I Love how they just directly connected Narconon and the church in this letter. Their own lawyers, in writing.

Would they take this to court? They would have to prove that the allegations were false and completely unfounded. Do they have the legal capability to do this ON TOP OF the other lawsuits that are on going? I don't think they want any more scrutiny, especially when it comes to narconon.
    • Like Like x 15
  7. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 18
  8. RolandRB Member

What's it go to do with the Church of Scientology? I thought this was about Narconon, a secular drug rehabilitation group that only happens to use some Scientology methods.
    • Like Like x 12
  9. The Internet Member

The letter says Ms. Gasparini died of a heroin overdose 18 months after discharge from Narconon. So yeah, it seems unreasonable to claim the CoS or Narconon are responsible for her death. Responsible for giving her shitty detox treatment based on the works of a sci fi writer rather than science, fer sure. But death? Seems a stretch.
  10. Intelligence Member

http://www.examiner.com/article/nar...blic-today-about-tragic-death?cid=db_articles

"Even though Arlene was diagnosed with Hepatitis C and high liver enzyme counts, eventually she was sent into the Sauna Purification."

(...)

"Arlene Gasparini died of a drug overdose on March 12, 2011 and the “Report of Post-Mortem Examination” states that Arlene’s liver was 50% destroyed. Arlene Gasparini already had liver damage before entering the Narconon program, and it’s impossible to determine how much damage was due to the toxic NIACIN doses?"

(...)

The Coroner's ‘Microscopic Examination’ stated that Arlene’s liver had, “Severe centrilobular hemorrhagic necrosis involving about 50% of the liver tissue consistent with clinical diagnosis of shock liver.”

Coroner reported “Cause of Death” as a) Anoxic encephalopathy, bronchopneumonia, centrilobular hepatocellular necrosis, and (b Fatal Heroin Overdose.

In the Coroner’s Report, Dr. Manowski Zbigniew, noted in the summary of one of the contributing factors of death as: …”Liver and renal failure …”
    • Like Like x 5
  11. The Internet Member

So Ms. Gasparini was anoxic due to heroin OD. Without oxygen her organs died, including the ones with issues like her liver and the ones that were basically okay.

This is the major problem with heroin: it convinces your brain that breathing isn’t necessary when it actually is.
  12. Intelligence Member

We’ll never know if Arlene would still be alive today had she received science-based drug rehabilitation treatment at a reputable center instead of Narconon quackery?
    What we do know is:
    1 – Arlene and family were conned by Narconon claiming a 76% success rate.
    2 – Arlene was administered toxic doses of NIACIN when it was known by staff that she had liver disease from Hepatitis C.
    3 – Unqualified and negligent staff was not trained to search for incoming drugs in care packages – resulting in patient relapses.
    4 – Without a doubt (in 2 documented cases) Narconon staff placed financial gain and their ‘Thursday Stats Reports to Scientology’ over and above patient safety and well-being.
    • Like Like x 11
  13. RolandRB Member

She was one of the unlucky 24% (like most people).
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Intelligence Member

• Like Like x 2
  15. The Internet Member

When someone dies of a heroin OD, it’s weird to say that the niacin from 18 months prior is responsible.

Heroin kills young, healthy people with good livers all the time. It turns off the drive to breath. You can’t live without oxygen for more than a few minutes.
  16. PTS Member

This is the same cult that currently is attempting to handle a lawsuit against them using an anti-SLAPP motion.... right?
    Slappy/SLAPP it's all the same to them I guess.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Random guy Member

Didn't a judge in Oklahoma just throw out a big Narconon lawsuit because there were no evidence linking Narconon to scientology as claimed by the plaintiff? I trust you know where to send a good copy of this letter, David!
    • Like Like x 7
  18. dwest Member

For a minute I thought this was over the Narconon obituary I posted yesterday. These guys need to get a life either way
    • Like Like x 1
  19. White Tara Global Moderator

As Arlene had an already compromised liver, how much further damage was caused during her time doing the niacin sauna nightmare? Was it enough to tip her further towards renal and liver shutdown?.

Knowing her health was failing, must surely have had a fairly profound and depressing impact on her. Enough perhaps to influence her returning to heroin?

Its not as cut and dried as simply, oops oh well heroin overdose 18mths later, nuthin to do with us.
    The knock on effects of the cons actions are very real, and very serious.
    • Like Like x 7
  20. RolandRB Member

The consequences of doing the Purif with its high doses of niacin can catch up with you and kill you any time. Months or even years ahead. Even if you have a car accident, it could be to blame. Or even if you are flying in an airplane that crashes.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Random guy Member

Well, at least we can safely say Narconon did not cure her addiction.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. RolandRB Member

Then how come moon people live to be one thousand years old?
  23. eddieVroom Member

It never ceases to amaze me how many Scientology resources get thrown at defending something that has "nothing to do with Scientology". If WISE or CST was to revoke Narconon's permission to use "The Tech" until meaningful and successful reforms were made, I might buy it...
    • Like Like x 3
  24. eddieVroom Member

Naw, she's now completely free of the need for heroin.

100% success, bitches!
    • Like Like x 5
  25. The Internet Member

Did you know that if you added up all the matter and energy in the universe the total comes to zero? The whole big bang event and the subsequent expansion is like a little vibration in a sea of nothing. Everything that happens within this universe, the entire chain of causal links, is all one big interconnected reality burp.

Anyway, the proximate cause of death for Ms. Gasparini was a heroin OD. Thank God for that word, “proximate,” because otherwise representing interconnected causal networks with words would be really time consuming.
  26. White Tara Global Moderator

:) its not that far from source (yes haha reference) to conclusion in this case. The big bang is a gross inflation, but point taken.
  27. Intelligence Member

A lot more to this story is still to come ... very sad. Following this tragic death, I flew from Montreal
    to Toronto to visit family member and was given some documents and other items. Due to the lengthy,
    3 year investigation by the Human Rights Commission, and still pending outcome in a few days from now,
    I was prevented from telling ALL ... and I am still am ... but just for now.

The most very SAD situation about this death, is Arlene's twin children and niece left to grieve.

I still talk and PM (every week) to family and it has been a road of "HELL" for some. So tragic and
    so much suffering in 'this' and other NN TR abuses, has attracted interest from a Documentary Film
    Producer that I have talked to recently.

I will be going back to Toronto in the near future.

On another, unrelated case of Cult abuse, I received a call from a devastated Victim who was interviewed
    on National TV and the Globe and Mail a few days ago, according to Victim in a recorded interviewed
    with me on Skype. The Cult threatened a Lawsuit against all parties if it went Public and everyone backed
    off in fear. The Victim is very distressed.

Working today with another 'Cult-Expose' writer to see if we can get this story Public without
    having a Lawsuit shoved down our throats. I think we can do it if carefully worded?

Cheers

• Like Like x 11
  28. RightOn Member

yes another heroin overdose. Quite a wonderful track record for Narconon, Isn't it. How do all these deaths stack up with their trumped up success rates?
    WHY ARE THEY STILL OPEN?
    • Like Like x 6
  29. Intelligence Member

ILMAO at reply from a journalist friend when I asked a few minutes ago: "But be forewarned before jumping in, that this could get NASTY?"

Reply: "CAN"T FUCKIN" SCARE ME. Whatever you want to do is fine with me."

:)

• Like Like x 10
  30. White Tara Global Moderator

Hooray for ballsy journalists. :)
    • Like Like x 5
  31. tinfoilhatter Member

This clearly violates their claim of 76% success. In reality, if narconon was as successful as they claimed, there would be scientific journals explaining why, as is the case with the betty ford center and other SCIENCE based rehabs.

We are going about this all wrong. We should be looking into the arrest rates for narconon "alumni", as well as the death toll, and complaints from prior customers. I personally believe that if this were to go to court, narconon would not have a leg to stand on, and would try to settle to shut people up. I am not a lawyer though.
    • Like Like x 5
  32. The Internet Member

I guess what the Scientology lawyers are saying is, from context a casual reader might conclude that Narconon killed Ms. Gasparini. But because she died from an OD 18 months post discharge, Narconon was not a proximate cause of death. Possibly by teaching mistrust of the medical profession Narconon made it harder for Ms. G to get help later when she needed it. Possibly the niacin damaged her liver further and that may have made her feel poorly. But that’s speculation.

To your credit, David, I think you were careful not to say that Narconon killed Ms. G. Assuming the lawyers quoted the most offensive thing they could find, well I don’t think it is that bad.

2569svb.png

These paragraphs come off as personal opinion. You use emotional language like “greed,” “horrific,” “evil.” Clearly you are upset with Narconon and you are sharing your upset with your readers. You reference some facts but you don’t go into them. So you are not behaving like a journalist here. More like a victim-healer type talking to a community of victim-healers. We don’t hold victim-healers to the same journalistic standards as reporters who are supposed to be less emotional and more focused on verifiable facts.

People wounded by some corporation are entitled to their upset and anger. It is offensive to me that the lawyers re-frame your feelings as irrational religious hatred. By doing so, they imply that your complaints have no basis in fact. That has not been established and they have no right to assert that idea by implication.

So you might make a deal with this law firm: If they will admit that they are wrong to imply that your complaints against Narconon and Scientology have no merit, then you will change your article to make clear that Ms. G did not die while a patient at a Narconon program but 18 months later from a heroin overdose. That way no reader will assume that Narconon was a proximate cause of death, which seems to be what these people want.

I am not a lawyer and I would like a real lawfag to comment before you listen to anything I say.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  33. Intelligence Member

Indeed, some of the content 'may come off to reader' as my personal opinion, but in fact, comes
    from recorded interviews with victims stating such, and documented evidence now in investigator's hands.

The Examiner legal department reviewed the 'content' and replied with:

I am also in contact with my USA Attorney (under retainer) and a government appointed Lawyer
    in Canada concerning what I CAN and can NOT say or write.

So, I will continue to press on as I have for past three years, and heed Legal Advice.

• Like Like x 14
  34. The Internet Member

Good job, David!

When I say you use emotional language I don’t mean to imply you do not have any dox to justify those feelings. Just that the quoted bit was not the dox part.

The Scientology lawyers was all, “Oh noes! The morans who read these words will think it is dox that Ms. G died at a Narconon.” I was only saying is clearly not dox.
    • Like Like x 3
  35. Intelligence Member

FOR EXAMPLE: An abused Victim just PM'ed me less than 2 minutes ago.

From Me: "Is there ANYTHING I can use that you told me if I state it as coming from a "Confidential Source"???

Reply from Victim: "Could we Skype with you sometime? We would be keen to talk to you some more about what might be involved in this."

My Reply: "YES, I am ready whenever you want at any time of day or night."

This ^^^ is a very emotional Story from Victim that 'was' in Cult, and we hope to use the Victim's
    own words, even though emotional, in content as quotes.

Anyway, Y'all have an awesome day, I'm off to tap on keyboard about the next story. :)

• Like Like x 9
  36. muldrake Member

The liver is a vital part of what metabolizes heroin as well as most other drugs. It seems if you already had an elevated amount of the drug in your system because you weren't metabolizing it, you might be more likely to OD as a result.

I agree Scn probably couldn't be held legally liable for this, but it is entirely fair comment and a matter of opinion to state that one believes them to have moral responsibility for this after treating someone with a quack pseudo-medical regime itself propounded by a dope fiend who died without ever kicking his own nasty habits.
    • Like Like x 5
  37. Ianal.
    So the cult have sent a nasty C&D letter to the examiner.
    I have to assume that the cult law scum would have already started legal proceedings if they felt they had a case.
    Which they haven't.
  38. Intelligence Member

2liye5g.jpg

Another Narconon Victim -- ^^^ Done by a Narconon FSM!

I must admit, that when a Victim talks to me on the phone, sobbing, while I'm reviewing
    a batch of X-Ray images, I can't help it affecting me personally. However, I still do my very
    best to avoid writing a 'bias-slant' -- and just detail the facts. Not easy to do.

Even though I have the Dox, X-Rays, and other Images, I still can't write about this matter
    for now until a somewhat other related Legal matter is resolved. Grrrr!

Soon. :)
    • Like Like x 6
  39. wolfbane Member

Not necessarily. It's my understanding that this is how libel/slander cases start - you get formally notified to stop doing it, and then if you do not stop they have grounds to file a lawsuit.
    • Like Like x 5