Customize

Scientology member Joy Villa launching exploratory committee into a Congressional run

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Fox News Insider: 'We Need Fresh Blood': Pro-Trump Singer Joy Villa Eyes Run for Congress

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/12/13/joy-villa-pro-trump-singer-launches-exploratory-committee-congressional-run-florida

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERP * * * * *

Singer Joy Villa, who famously wore a President Donald Trump-themed dress to the 2017 Grammy Awards, said back in October that she was mulling a possible run for Congress.

Wednesday morning on "Fox & Friends," Villa announced that she is launching an exploratory committee to look into a possible run in Florida.

"I'm looking everywhere from Jacksonville all the way down to Miami," Villa said, declaring that it's time to get lawmakers in Congress who will actually get things done.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Quentinanon Member

I think that the OSAbots view Trump's support base as useful idiots and the Trumps as easy to manipulate by pushing their narcissistic buttons.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OFFICIAL FOX NEWS YOUTUBE VIDEO: Joy Villa forms exploratory committee for congressional run

5. Quentinanon Member

If Villa does enter the race, likely she will challenge Gus Bilirakis in the 12th district 2018 republican Primary, which is a predominantly republican supporting district.
    https://ballotpedia.org/Florida's_12th_Congressional_District_election,_2018
    The other possibility is to challenge Charlie Crist from the 13th district who is a democrat, but that would be in a district that leans towards supporting democratic party candidates. The 13th district includes downtown Clearwater.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida's_13th_congressional_district

6. Congressman Charlie Crist is a Democrat now. Is there any conceivable way that Joy Villa would run in the Republican primary for the 13th Congressional District, which includes Clearwater and the Scientology Flag Land Base, and rely on Trump, MAGA and (stealth) Scientology support?
  7. Quentinanon Member

All noted in my post.
    Do you assume that the scientology crime syndicate will direct Villa in a rational way?
  8. I believe it is best to assume the worst -- i.e., that the Church of Scientology will be effective.y

I often find exes and critics are inconsistent and want to have it both ways. When it please them, they portray the Church of Scientology as hopelessly irrational, clueless, bumbling and hence ineffective joke.

When it pleases them, the portray the Church of Scientology as, if not rational, diabolical, ruthless and thus effective -- even if in an underhanded and brutal way.

I think it is best to anticipate and plan for the latter.
  9. If she runs in an urban Florida district, it will be orders of magnitude easier for her opponent to drum up anti-Scientology opposition.
  10. She's allied herself with Trump so maybe she's a problem that will take care of its self.
  11. Website for Joy Villa's exploratory committee:

Bring Joy to Congress

Code:
    http://bringjoytocongress.com
    Twitter account for Joy Villa's exploratory committee:

@VoteJoyVilla

https://twitter.com/votejoyvilla

Corporation information for Joy Villa's exploratory committee.

The only listed officer is the Treasurer, Randall Woodruff. I know there is a Woodruff family that is heavily involved in Scientology, but I don't know if he is related.

The only address for the corporation, 5471 Spring Hill Dr., Spring HIll, FL 34606, is he address of Suncoast CPA Group and Suncoast Wealth Management Group, LLC.

http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=BRINGJOYTOCONGRESSEXPLORATORYC P170000972410&aggregateId=domp-p17000097241-e5804065-d9cd-4707-8ceb-3135eadc247d&searchTerm=Bring Joy To Congress Exploratory Committee I&listNameOrder=BRINGJOYTOCONGRESSEXPLORATORYC P170000972410

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Detail by Entity Name

Florida Profit Corporation

BRING JOY TO CONGRESS EXPLORATORY COMMITTEE, INC

Filing Information

Document Number P17000097241

FEI/EIN Number NONE

Date Filed 12/08/2017

Effective Date 12/07/2017

State FL

Status ACTIVE

Principal Address
    5471 SPRING HILL DR
    SPRING HILL, FL 34606

Mailing Address
    5471 SPRING HILL DR
    SPRING HILL, FL 34606

Registered Agent Name & Address
    WOODRUFF, RANDALL
    5471 SPRING HILL DR
    SPRING HILL, FL 34606

Officer/Director Detail
    Name & Address

Title TR

WOODRUFF, RANDALL
    5471 SPRING HILL DR
    SPRING HILL, FL 34606

Annual Reports
    No Annual Reports Filed

Document Images
    12/08/2017 -- Domestic Profit

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *[/CODE]
  12. Incredulicide Member

Perhaps a follow-up tweet pointing out the Fort Harrison was where Lisa McPherson was held prisoner by Scientology till she died?
  13. Thanks for the idea. Others have already tweeted that more than once.
  14. As I indicated, Fox News is seriously pushing Joy Villa. Fox Business YouTube channel: Singer Joy Villa weighs Florida congressional run.

15. Potential Congressional candidate Scientology member Joy Villa retweets enrosement by Scientology member Sherry Van Hootegem, who attacked Leah Remini of Scientology and the Aftermath.

As always, quotations adding content, retweets and replies welcome.

https://twitter.com/IndieScieNews/status/941503430685753344

cnapiYV.png
    • Like Like x 1
  16. In the interest of being complete, I'll note that Sherry Van Hootegem has just contributed $500 to Joy Villa's Exploratory Committee:

https://twitter.com/SherryVanHoot/status/941424793328537600

2TNnleU.png
  17. UPDATE: Exploratory Committee [@VoteJoyVilla] for potential Congressional candidate Scientology member Joy Villa accepts contribution from Scientology member Sherry Van Hootegem, who attacked Leah Remini of Scientology and the Aftermath, and thanks Hootegem for her endorsement.

As always, quotations adding comments, retweets and replies welcome.

https://twitter.com/IndieScieNews/status/941520655144636417

okNwCyg.png
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Potential Florida Congressional candidate Joy Villa has published a video setting forth her platform.

19. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology donor Joy Villa aiming for Ileana Ros-Lehtinen’s Miami congressional district

By Tony Ortega, December 22, 2017

Quote:

It’s been a question a lot of bewildered Scientology watchers have been asking recently: How far can church donor Joy Villa take her “MAGA” fame after wearing a pro-Trump dress at the Grammy awards in February, and which Congressional district is she thinking of parachuting into to make her run for the House?

The ever-vigilant Jeffrey Augustine appears to have answered that question — he pointed out to us that according to a donation page on Joy Villa’s own exploratory committee website, she’s aiming at Florida’s 27th district in Miami, which is going to be wide open after incumbent Republican Ileana Ros-Lehtinen announced that she won’t be running in 2018.

Ros-Lehtinen has held the seat since 1989, but the getting out may be good after Hillary Clinton took the district by 19 points last year, and a pro-Democratic wave appears to be building on the horizon. The Tampa Bay Times rated the district “highly vulnerable” to switch to the Democrats now that Ros-Lehtinen is leaving.

<snipped>

We’ve been keeping an eye on Joy since 2014, when her attempts to be considered a Scientology “celebrity” of some sort — of any sort — were getting too obvious to ignore. But then she wore the MAGA dress for the 2017 Grammy awards, and it got her more attention than she might have bargained for. It didn’t seem to matter that Joy had a record as a Barack Obama and Bernie Sanders supporter, or that she was one of the most active Scientologists we’ve seen in years, and is documented as a “Patron Meritorious” donor — a level that requires giving the International Association of Scientologists at least $250,000.

Perhaps she thinks the district fits her because although she’s professed to being an evangelical Christian (which doesn’t really work with being an active Scientologist), she has also aligned herself with the group “Gays for Trump,” which held a rally featuring Joy in March.

But will being friendly to LGBT issues be enough for a pro-Trump newcomer to win over a heavily Democratic district where Trump was trounced by Secretary Clinton?

“Joy is no doubt quickly approaching the exploratory committee dollar cap of $5,000 and she’ll have to formally declare that she’s seeking the 27th District seat or announced that she’s chosen not to run,” Jeffrey tells us. “Congresswoman Ros-Lehtinen spent $3.4 million to hold onto her seat in 2016 in what was her closet race in years. If Joy Villa runs as a political unknown with Scientology baggage in Miami, she may well need to spend in excess of that. Bottom line: If Joy Villa runs in South Beach, she’ll need all of her OT powers and about 4 million dollars.”

More at https://tonyortega.org/2017/12/22/s...a-ros-lehtinens-miami-congressional-district/
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Disambiguation Global Moderator

She's found the route to unending publicity

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/22/corey-lewandowski-accused-touching-joy-villa-318420
    Trump-supporting singer claims Lewandowski slapped her butt at recent party
    "Joy Villa – who drew headlines for wearing a “Make America Great Again” dress to the Grammys earlier this year – was celebrating the president’s first year in office at a holiday party at the Trump International Hotel in Washington in late November when he slapped her behind. After she objected, he dismissed her concerns and slapped her behind again, Villa said in an interview Friday."

Trump is planning to replace some of his aides with his old friends including Cory Lewandowski
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Disambiguation Global Moderator

22. Disambiguation Global Moderator

23. Quentinanon Member

Whether or not Villa gets any traction in the 27th district largely depends on who gets the candidacy on the Democratic Party side.
    Interesting that her handlers don't want to challenge Gus Billirakis or Charlie Crist.
  24. Quentinanon Member

Realize that Greta van Susteren may have given tips to her fellow scienazis about job openings and executive like and dislike buttons during her tenure of a decade there. I think it's safe to consider Fox News as scientology-infiltrated.
    Looks like her strategy failed at MSNBC who fired her after less than six months. Was MSNBC the next OSA target of influence?
  25. More of Fox News pushing Joy Villa. In Joy Villa's introduction to this Fox Business video she claims she "helped raised over $2 Million dollars to help Texas and Florida." Please note the Mercury One charity she refers to is not connected to Scientology in any way, but was founded by Glenn Beck.

26. Joy Villa gave an interview to Rouser News. She said, "she is working privately with members of Donald Trump’s former presidential campaign, which include Roger Stone who resides in Florida." She also stated, "Steve Bannon expressed interest in working with her and her campaign."

On late Friday she provided a statement to Rouser News on Corey Lewandowski:

"“How dare he disrespect the trust America has put in him, he is expected to act in accordance with good conduct. He abused his influence. I am shocked at his behavior towards me. How dare he do this knowing it could bring bad press on our President? He is morally corrupt. I’m a married woman who respects the values of Gentlemanly conduct as most men exhibit. I won’t be intimidated into silence any longer,” she continued.

https://rousernews.com/2017/12/24/exclusive-interview-joy-villa-explores-run-for-congress-amid-sexual-harassment-scandal-involving-corey-lewandowski/

/
  27. Quentinanon Member

• Like Like x 1
  28. Former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields has tweeted in support of Joy Villa regarding her allegations against Corey Lewandowski.

By way of background, in a prior incident Lewandowski allegedly grabbed Fields' arm and yanked her down when she was exiting a press conference on March 8, 2016. Fields resigned from Breitbart News on March 13, 2016, citing the organization's handling of the matter. Lewandowski was charged with simple battery. Later, the Palm Beach County State Attorney declined to prosecute, saying there was insufficient evidence to prosecute.

jStyZvy.png