Customize

Scientology member Joy Villa launching exploratory committee into a Congressional run

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, Dec 13, 2017.

1. It appears Scientology and Joy Villa may be an issue between Republican candidates in California's 43rd Congressional District.

Omar Navarro [@PressGop] is running for the Republican nomination for California's 43rd Congressional District to run against Democrat Rep. Maxine Waters. Navarro has very publicly allied himself with Joy Villa. On October 19, 2017, he appeared at a fund-raiser with Joy Villa and Joe Arpaio. Joy Villa endorsed Navarro in a YouTube video.

Edwin Duterte [@DuterteForCD43] is also running for the Republican nomination in the same Congressional District.

Duterte recently tweeted about Scientology and apparently his opponent, Navarro:

https://twitter.com/DuterteForCD43/status/945404701838905344

6K59j2u.png
    • Like Like x 5
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

Singer Joy Villa files sexual assault complaint against Corey Lewandowski

By Maegan Vazquez and Laura Robinson, CNN, December 27, 2017

Excerpt:

The incident occurred sometime between 8 and 8:30 p.m., Villa told CNN, saying Lewandowski "was drinking" and "appeared to be in bad spirits."

"He grabbed me very boisterously, unexpectedly," Villa said, adding that she thought he was "acting like a clown" and that after the photo was taken he "smacked my ass really hard, almost violent in nature."

Villa said that after she told him she could report him for sexual harassment, Lewandowski said, "I work in the private sector" and slapped her again.

Then he "laughed and walked away," she said, adding that his behavior was "boorish and over the top."

"I just spoke with the detective and it officially qualifies as sexual assault," Villa told CNN.

The report, which does not mention Lewandowski by name, was filed on Christmas Eve. The report alleges the incident occurred on November 28.

"This issue of sexual harassment and sexual assault is a non-partisan issue," Villa added. "Democrat or Republican, all of us should join to combat this."

<snipped>

In March 2016, Lewandowski was charged with simple battery after he allegedly yanked a female Breitbart reporter's arm backward during a Trump campaign event in Florida, but was not prosecuted. He was fired from the campaign soon after the incident, and started his own consulting firm following the election. Lewandowski, who is also a former CNN political commentator, joined a pro-Trump super PAC this August.

Villa told CNN she has reached out to Lewandowski and hasn't heard from him.

"If he would apologize, that's all I want," Villa said.

Lewandowski did not respond to a CNN request for comment.

More at www.cnn.com/2017/12/26/politics/joy-villa-corey-lewandowski-police-report/
  3. Re the Joy Villa - Corey Lewandowski sexual assault case, Lewandowski is facing 180 days in jail for misdemeanor sexual abuse in violation of District of Columbia Code § 22–3006 and a fine of $1,000 pursuant to District of Columbia Code § 22–3571.01(b)(4). There is no sex-offender registration for a misdemeanor conviction in Washington, D.C. where the victim is an adult unless the offender agrees to it in a plea agreement.

Under section 22–3006:

"Whoever engages in a sexual act or sexual contact with another person and who should have knowledge or reason to know that the act was committed without that other person’s permission, shall be imprisoned for not more than 180 days and, in addition, may be fined in an amount not more than the amount set forth in § 22-3571.01."

District of Columbia Code § 22–3001(9) defines "sexual contact" as follows:

" “Sexual contact” means the touching with any clothed or unclothed body part or any object, either directly or through the clothing, of the genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks of any person with an intent to abuse, humiliate, harass, degrade, or arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person."
  4. Disambiguation Global Moderator

5. John Cardillo, host of 'Off The Cuff' on The Rebel TV and Communications Director, MAGA Coalition, tweeted:

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Joy Villa is not #MAGA.

I was sitting at breakfast last week at #SAS2017 with a prominent conservative, when Villa’s manager approached us and told us he dropped her as a client that morning.

Said Scientology pretty much dictates her actions and implied that’s she’s a fake.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/946003656347996160

aKHSTpD.png
  6. More from John Cardillo:

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/946006285371281414

P0DLl6F.png
    • Like Like x 1
  7. The Wrong Guy Member

Joy Villa on the prospect of Trump going after Scientology’s tax-exempt status: ‘Nope’

By Tony Ortega, December 28, 2017

Quote:

Scientology celeb Joy Villa is getting a ton of ink this week for her complaint that former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski slapped her butt inappropriately at a social gathering in November.

What we hadn’t seen her comment on, however, was the recent report by Huffington Post reporter Yashar Ali that Joy’s MAGA benefactor, Donald Trump, told his longtime aide Lynne Patton that he’s in favor of pulling the Church of Scientology’s tax exempt status.

Yesterday, however, one of our readers managed to get a response out of the pop singer at one of her Facebook accounts, and it looks like Joy doesn’t believe that the president will follow through on that desire to clip Scientology’s wings.

[IMG]

There was some confusion after Yashar’s story about whether Trump could actually do something about Scientology’s tax exempt status even if he wanted to. But we had previously researched that situation and pointed out that yes, one of the three people in the country who could, by law, order an investigation of Scientology’s status is Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who works directly for the president.

So if Trump really would like to see Scientology challenged, as Patton alleged, then there’s a clear avenue for him to take. But Joy Villa seems to think that the president isn’t raring to take a run at the church.

We really have no idea if she’s right about that or not. At this point, we’re still marveling that a talent-challenged Scientology celebrity wannabe we used to monitor for her exercises in obscurity is now international news for her sexual assault claim, which has even eclipsed her Congressional ambitions. What a country.

Source: https://tonyortega.org/2017/12/28/j...ng-after-scientologys-tax-exempt-status-nope/
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Boggle Member

This is not about politics.

What we are watching with Joy Villa is a performance done under the supervision and direction of Scientology's OSA. It's about Scientology.

This most recent twist, with Joy Villa accusing another of having committed the crime of sexual assault, is certainly curious, but there's no reason to believe she's operating off the Scientology program or script.

We do know that Joy Villa, herself, is fond of ass slapping ("sexual assault") as she's in a video slapping men's asses without their consent.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3

9. Is this the one?
    https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/946542777239834624
  10. Yesterday, I posted that Edwin Duterte [@DuterteForCD43], Republican candidate for the CA 43rd Congressional District, said Scientology "should lose the tax-exempt status." In a tweet, I asked his Republican primary opponent Omar Navarro, an ally of Joy Villa, for comment. Navarro didn't reply to me. Navarro did, however, tweet today: "I agree with @LynnePatton and @RealDonaldTrump that Scientology’s tax exempt status should be re-evaluated and, if appropriate, revoked."

https://twitter.com/RealOmarNavarro/status/946586735206469632

N0sN7Ja.png
    • Like Like x 2
  11. DeathHamster Member

The Washington Examiner is a pool of drool.
  12. The Wrong Guy Member

Tony Ortega‏ @TonyOrtega94 2 hours ago
    Joy Villa a Scientology White House conspiracy? Criminy, people. As recently as January, Joy Villa was such a nobody she was conspiring with Kuba Ka the God of Pop to produce a record someone would listen to.
  13. [IMG]`
    Scientologist Joy Villa is a working professional who wears many hats: Dominatrix, singer, Pseudo-Christian Evangelical, GOP MAGA Cheerleader, and potential US Congressional candidate.
    “Dianetics helped me be a better dominatrix,” Joy explained during her recent appearance on Scientology Media Production’s new show Keeping Up With Joy.
    [IMG]
    “And when I went Clear at the Scientology Celebrity Centre is was like ‘Wow! No more reactive mind!’ This is when I realized I didn’t give a fuck because I was now cause over the MEST universe.”
    [IMG]

https://otviiiisgrrr8.com/2017/12/30/scientologist-joy-villa-a-working-professional/
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  15. At approximately 16:15 in the linked Periscope video, Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, says he was approached "some months ago" by someone in Joy Villa’s circle. Adams was asked if he would talk to Villa to help her become more persuasive. Adams asked if Villa was a Scientologist. The answer was yes, she wanted to be a Scientologist Republican. Adams advised her to quit Scientology, or don't even bother. That was his one and only advise, and he declined to go further.

https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/947126757810831361

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1zqJVMaXQXlGB

/
    • Like Like x 2
  16. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's a follow-up from the extreme right-wing Nation One News Foundation:

BREAKING: Joy Villa Continues To Live On Property Owned By The Church of Scientology

https://nationonenews.com/2017/12/2...continues-live-steps-away-church-scientology/

Here's another example of where they're coming from:

Obama is 2017's single biggest loser | Nation One News Foundation

https://nationonenews.com/2017/12/30/obama-2017s-single-biggest-loser/

More about the source:

https://twitter.com/nationonenews

https://twitter.com/search?q=nationonenews

https://twitter.com/mmoates
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Joy Villa is No. 38 on the Newsmax list of 50 Most Influential Hollywood Conservatives.

https://www.newsmax.com/bestlists/hollywood-conservatives-list-influential/2017/12/28/id/834055/

gryRsua.png

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

38. Joy Villa —The actress and singer has a reputation for shocking fashion statements on the red carpet, perhaps none more than the pro-Trump &quot;Make America Great Again&quot; gown Villa wore to the 2016 Grammy Awards. In October 2017, she announced on &quot;Fox and Friends&quot; that she was considering a run for Congress as a GOP candidate who professes to be &quot;pro-life, pro-Constitution, pro-2A, pro-taxreform, pro-Trump, pro-religious freedom, anti-human trafficking, [and] anti-illegal immigration.&quot;

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
  18. DeathHamster Member

Trumpology also doesn't believe in mixing practices.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Newsmax has another story up about Joy Villa. This one reports that she said she "will testify in court [Thursday] in front of a grand jury" regarding her sexual assault allegations against Lewandowski. [Note: I believe she is mistaken about testifying before a grand jury. People who are unfamiliar with the criminal justice system frequently are. It provides some indication that she again talked with someone official about the case. ]

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/...-misconduct-allegations/2018/01/04/id/835243/

/
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

When two political longshots spar over Joy Villa and Scientology, everyone wins

By Rod Keller, January 7, 2018

Quote:

Edwin Duterte is campaigning to represent California’s 43rd District in the U.S. Congress. The district runs south of downtown from Inglewood to Torrance in Los Angeles. He wants to help President Trump make America great again, encourage the creation of high paying jobs in the district, which currently has very few, and he wants to end the tax exemption of the Church of Scientology. The Filipino-American hopes to unseat popular Congresswoman Maxine Waters, a member of the House since 1977. She has earned the loathing of many Republicans for her calls to impeach President Donald Trump whom she calls a “disgusting, poor excuse of a man.”

The odds are against him, as the race is not considered competitive by most political observers. Waters received 76 percent of the vote in 2016. In that election Duterte volunteered for Omar Navarro in his failed bid to unseat Waters. The two Republicans had a falling out, and now Duterte and Navarro are opposing each other in the 2018 primary race, along with four other nomination hopefuls. Navarro is endorsed by singer Joy Villa, a Scientologist who is exploring a bid to run for the House from Florida.

Villa and Navarro performed together in a skit called “Free Speech” at an October campaign rally. A video of the allegorical performance piece shows a stand-in for Congresswoman Waters in drag urging performers representing CNN, ISIS, Antifa and “Berkeley” to attack Villa representing freedom of speech. At the end of the performance Villa is victorious as Navarro snatches the drag Waters’ wig and she flees.

Duterte has turned to Twitter to express his position on Scientology and Joy Villa, saying, “They abuse their members and those who attempt to leave… Not many know how much influence the ‘Church’ of Scientology has on CA politics,” and “the church of scientology should lose its non-profit status and be fully investigated!”

“There has to be a way to distinguish between a harmful group and a legitimate religion” in granting tax exemption, Duterte tells us. He would “absolutely” support an investigation into the closing agreement between the IRS and Scientology, the most significant achievement of David Miscavige’s tenure as head of the church. Immigration is an important issue for Duterte, and he opposes H-1B visas that allow workers with special skills to enter the U.S. Although unfamiliar with the R-1 visa that brings many Scientologists to the country, Duterte says, “if it’s anything like the H-1B there should be questions raised about why they are allowed in.”

The 43rd district includes the Inglewood Ideal Org, opened in 2011 and a center for the involvement of the Nation of Islam in Scientology. Duterte has announced he and his supporters will hold a protest at the org on January 26th.

Omar Navarro tells us he is friends with Joy Villa, but he is a Christian and not a Scientologist. “I don’t think you can be both. You serve one master or another,” he says. He admits to knowing little about Scientology and tells us, “I haven’t seen any TV shows about it or read any books.” He disagrees with Duterte that Scientology has too much influence in politics. “They have almost no influence. There is not a single Scientologist in Congress and I don’t think there is one in any state legislature.”

Navarro has tweeted in response to the issue “I agree that Scientology’s tax exempt status should be re-evaluated and, if appropriate, revoked.” He tells us if there is any supporter of Scientology in the race it is Representative Maxine Waters, who once attended a fundraiser for the New Village Leadership Academy. The school was founded by actors Will and Jada Pinkett Smith as a Scientology-affiliated Applied Scholastics school and operated from 2008-2013. A staff member at Rep. Waters’ office had no comment on the Republican contest or Scientology.

He does not plan to attend the Duterte protest at the Inglewood Ideal Org. “I am running against Maxine Waters and not Edwin Duterte. I plan to be out in the community going door to door with our volunteers.” Both candidates are pinning their hopes on a ground campaign rather than compete against the well funded Waters with advertising. They point to the changing ethnic composition of the district, which was once primarily African-American and now is home to a majority of Hispanic and Asian residents. It would be a huge upset if any Republican wins the district as the Hispanic and Asian majority has been returning Maxine Waters to Congress with huge margins every two years.

Source, with photos and comments:
    https://tonyortega.org/2018/01/07/w...over-joy-villa-and-scientology-everyone-wins/
  21. The Wrong Guy Member

22. John P. Member

This is interesting, but I'm not sure what to make of it. If you google the phrase

Code:
    Donald Trump "Campaign Advisory Board"
    with quotes exactly as indicated, you discover that most of the results on the first three pages mention Joy Villa. Other results suggest that a national presidential campaign will have multiple "campaign advisory boards," each focusing on particular issues such as "religious freedom." A quick glance at the summaries of the articles mentioning Joy Villa doesn't name the focus of the board she was on.

I would urge caution before believing that this indicates some change in her adoration for Trump. It's entirely possible that this group has been officially disbanded and it looks silly a year after the election to be claiming you serve on a group that no longer exists.

Also, it's probably a common technique to say you are on "the campaign advisory board" to make it seem like there's only one, and thus that you're buddy-buddy with the candidate with an open door to influence policy. You don't want people to discover that there are actually 94 of these things and that they may meet for a conference call or two but don't really exist beyond that. I suspect that many of these advisory board members may not ever actually meet the candidate, or if they do, they get at most a brief photo opp.
  23. The Wrong Guy Member

EXCLUSIVE: Joy Villa On Her Possible Congressional Run And Scientology Membership [VIDEO]

By Julia Nista, The Daily Caller

Quote:

Joy Villa, an outspoken Scientologist who most notably revealed her MAGA dress after the elections during last year’s Grammy Awards, discussed her possible run for Congress in 2018 as well as her past political affiliations, her recent allegations against former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, and her association with Scientology.

Villa has not yet filed with the Federal Elections Comittee (FEC) but has set up an exploratory committee with which she says is garnering donations. She comes from a mixed background and is looking into a Congressional run in Florida.

In her political past, Villa was enthusiastic about both the Obama presidency in 2012, appearing in a campaign video for him, and a possible Bernie presidency.

She now says that she disavows those previous political affinities and after the election she has become a strong supporter of the president.

Whether or not the singer/songwriter will receive support for her possible Congressional bid from the Trump administration has yet to be determined. The outlook appears dim as there has been tension between herself and the White House after publicly accusing former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski of sexual misconduct. The president did tweet about his enthusiasm for her to join the world of politics, but that came months before Villa’s allegations against Lewandowski became public.

Joy also discussed her relationship as an outspoken member of the Church of Scientology, for which she created a video saying that she is now “clear.” She cited the First Amendment in protecting freedom of religion, but there are many skeptics of Scientology who do not recognize it as a religion and have become outspoken against it, most prominently former Scientology member and actress Leah Remini. Most Americans do not believe Scientology is a legitimate religion, and ex-members have accused Scientology of forcing them into having abortions, financial crimes, business-like practices due the amount of money one must pay to become an elite member, and manipulation on their day-to-day lifestyle, including who they can be friends with and what family they can have relationships with.

Scientology also has an adverse relationship with the U.S. government. Mary Sue Hubbard, wife of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, was sentenced to four years in prison in 1983 due to government espionage.

Lynne Patton, a Trump family friend and official in the Department of Housing and Urban Development, voiced that the president supports rescinding tax-exemption status of Scientology.

Villa has set up an exploratory committee for the state of Florida but has not yet announced an official Congressional bid.

Continued here, with an 18-minute video:
    http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/07/e...ssional-run-and-scientology-membership-video/

The discussion of Scientology begins at 9:20 into the video.

Here's the author's tweet about the interview:
    https://twitter.com/julia_nista/status/950069591161655296
  24. Joy Villa deleted the above Facebook post and tweeted the following.

Joy Villa says she had to leave the Trump Campaign Advisory Board due to launching her Congressional Exploratory Committee.

https://twitter.com/Joy_Villa/status/950104827614216193

K6Zys0a.png
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

Joy Villa’s ex talks about her domestic violence arrest and the child she put up for adoption

By Tony Ortega, January 8, 2018

Quote:

Cory Duncan first contacted us several months ago when he saw our articles about his ex-girlfriend Joy Villa, and how the Scientology “celebrity” was skyrocketing to fame because she’d worn a “Trump” dress at the Grammy Awards last February.

He had some pretty interesting things to say about his relationship with Villa, which took place about ten years ago, and which resulted in the birth of a baby girl.

It was only recently, however, that Duncan got back in touch with us and gave us more solid information, which we were able to confirm through public records. And so, for the first time, we’re getting a much more complete picture about Joy Villa and her past before she became a major Scientology donor and the poster woman for the “Make America Great Again” movement.

It’s actually a fascinating journey.

We’ve emailed Joy several times, hoping that she would help us complete that picture as well, but she hasn’t responded to messages we’ve sent over several months.

Duncan’s account, however, is backed up by multiple public records, including Joy’s 2007 arrest in Van Nuys on a domestic violence charge, when she attacked Duncan on a public street and right in front of a policeman.

She was 21 at the time.

Duncan himself was 27, and had only recently moved to Los Angeles from his native Arkansas, where, by his own admission, he’d had a very difficult time growing up, got involved in drugs, and as a result was the victim of violence. He moved to LA to get away from that environment, and by then he had already been diagnosed as suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and depression, and was getting treatment for it. And at first, he says, LA’s streets were a nightmare for him as he tried to find his way.

Not long after he arrived, however, he made friends with some people who showed him how he could make minimum wage by simply sitting in the audience at television shows. And he was making $8.50 an hour sitting in the crowd watching the taping of America’s Got Talent when he first met Joy Angela Villa, who was also getting paid to be an audience member.

“She had dreadlocks, and lip piercings. She was wearing a Guns N’ Roses T-shirt over a mariachi dress, and snakeskin boots — and she pulled it off. She was so rock and roll,” he says, still enjoying the memory.

And then, a few weeks later, as unlikely as it might be in a city like Los Angeles, the two randomly ran into each other again, and again they hit it off. This time, though, Joy took him home, Duncan says. And he stayed for about a month.

“It was a scene. I was sleeping on the couch. Joy was in her room, her younger sister Veronica had a room. Her dad, Joseph, had a friend, a black guy, who lived there too, and a German woman was living in the garage.”

Joseph Mario Villa was 72 when he died in 2012. A US Army vet who served in Vietnam, he’s buried at the Riverside National Cemetery in Southern California, and Duncan tells us Joseph was of Italian extraction and definitely pronounced his last name as “vill-uh,” and not the Spanish pronunciation “vee-ya.” Joy’s African-American mother, Mildred Pierce, who went by her middle name, Angela, was a troubled woman who suffered from severe schizophrenia and who died in 2009 at only 52. When Angela Villa came over, which was infrequent, it was incredibly stressful for Joy, Cory says.

“You couldn’t take Angela anywhere, because she’d be telling people that there were demons coming out of the walls. Joy took it very hard,” he says.

Cory and Joy kept looking for audience work and work as extras — “background actors,” in Hollywood parlance — but soon Joseph wanted to know what their plans were. “He wasn’t really happy about us being a couple. And Joy, when she gets upset, watch out. She actually freaked out and kicked his window out — they had a bay window, and she just busted it. Joseph was really angry, so Joy and I decided we’d go stay with some people she knew, a couple in North Hollywood.”

It was while they were in North Hollywood that they had another visit from Joy’s mother, Angela, who once again was nearly out of control.

“We were a couple in our 20s trying to make it in Hollywood while trying to care for Joy’s schizophrenic mother. It wasn’t easy,” he says. “Joy had even written a song about how hard it is to have a schizophrenic mom. Joy was a really big Christian at the time, by the way. We attended a church in Burbank. And one day, we were in Van Nuys, trying to cash an $800 check for Angela that a man had written to her for her car. Angela couldn’t cash it — she didn’t have proper ID.”

It was August 20, 2007, and Joy was extremely stressed out by the situation. And while the three of them were crossing a road in Van Nuys, Joy and her mother got into a physical altercation in the middle of the street.

“I ran over to pull them apart, and Joy grabbed my arm and pulled so hard, she dislocated my shoulder,” Cory says. His shoulder searing in pain, he screamed in agony. “Joy was freaking out, and she just slugged me. And a Van Nuys cop just happened to be sitting right there, watching the whole thing.”

When the police officer responded, Corey says, Joy was still out of control. “She was spitting on the cop and on me and on her mom. When Joy has a fit, it’s epic.”

Court records show that Joy was booked under California penal code 273.5(A), which is domestic violence with injury to a spouse. It can be charged as either a felony or a misdemeanor. She was also charged with a misdemeanor criminal trespass violation, a catchall charge.

“They told me her bond would be $50,000. I called her aunt in Virginia, who said she was getting Joy an attorney. But when I went to the courthouse the next day, there was no attorney,” Cory says. “Joy was there in an orange jumpsuit. I started pleading with the judge, saying I was from Arkansas and that this woman was all I’ve got. She lowered the bond from $50,000 to releasing Joy on her own recognizance. But it scared the crap out of Joy.”

Eventually, the domestic violence charge was dropped as Joy pleaded no contest to the trespass charge and was sentenced to three years probation and a fine of $400, the court record shows.

Despite that brush with the law, Cory and Joy kept looking for their Hollywood break, finding themselves on sets for group scenes, like when they took part in an imagined marijuana political event in a first-season episode of Showtime’s Californication. In the episode, “Fear and Loathing at the Fundraiser,” you can briefly see Joy in her dreadlocks, handing out political pamphlets. They were also in the background for scenes in ABC’s Dirty Sexy Money, UPN’s Girlfriends, and several films. And throughout it, they were hoping, like everyone around them, to break through to something bigger.

“No person in Hollywood has a plan for the future other than to be famous. No one there thinks of anything else,” Cory says. The same was true for him and for Joy, he adds.

“We used to joke about infiltrating the Church of Scientology,” he says, acknowledging that for many wannabes in Hollywood, Scientology was always beckoning, always promising a leg up.

“It was supposed to be a way into Hollywood. I even did one of their short films. That was so weird,” Cory says. “It was a shoot at a house in Beverly Hills filled with all of these skinny, spacey people. Mainly there were a lot of women there. They were filming a movie about the ‘reactive mind.’ I actually play a father in that, and I was only 27 at the time.”

When they were between gigs, they tried a number of other ways to bring in money. One thing they turned to repeatedly was canvassing, getting paid to get signatures on various political initiatives and for political parties.

Joy was a “die-hard Democrat,” Cory says — “she said George Bush was scum” — but they both knew that Republican causes paid huge premiums if they could get African-Americans to sign petitions and give over their information. “You would get $4 for a white person, but they’d pay $30 for a black person,” he claims. “And Joy knew it. She considered it a challenge. She didn’t care that it went against her own politics, she just knew if we could get black people to sign up for Republican causes, it made a lot more money. You would sign up three black people and it would be a full day’s pay,” he says.

But most of the time, they were chasing their Hollywood dream.

And then, suddenly, everything stopped.

In November, Hollywood’s writers went on strike, and all production was halted. For small time players like Cory and Joy, there was simply no work to be had.

“We were hearing about a writers’ strike, but we had no idea how much it was going to affect us. We left Hollywood and ended up going to Washington state. Joy knew a woman named Terry up there, in Olympia. We thought it was a good idea to get away from the Hollywood environment for a while.”

But things were no easier there, and they actually broke off their relationship for a few weeks. Joy went to Seattle, and then found some work modeling for a website. “It was like Suicide Girls stuff. Girls getting naked and posing all over each other. There was no actual sex. A lot of the photos you’re seeing people post now come from that period. But she wasn’t a sex worker. She wasn’t actually working as a dominatrix. She was just posing in photos like that,” he says.

He admits that he was uncomfortable with some of the shots which had violent imagery, but as the year ended, they reconciled and moved in together again.

And it was on New Year’s Eve, as 2008 began, that Cory believes he and Joy conceived their child.

“I was pretty sure I had got her pregnant, so we went to the Planned Parenthood in Tumwater, Washington. Yes, she was pregnant. We signed up for state support and I signed on as the father and she as the mother. And I went to all of her doctor’s visits with her.”

While they were living together in Washington, they had been living on his state support for his mental health diagnosis. And he says it was difficult because Joy insisted on buying expensive groceries for her vegan lifestyle. “You would go to the store and we had to buy all of these specialty things, and a single bag of groceries would cost like $160. After she got pregnant, I told her she had to stop being a vegan for the sake of the baby. She started eating chicken,” he says.

Despite the state’s support, Cory says they didn’t like the place where they were living and decided to pick a better spot for raising a child. So then they went to Arkansas and moved in with Cory’s father.

Cory admits that for Joy, it was a demoralizing change. “It really took it out of her. She felt so out of place,” he says. “And I end up getting picked up by the police. I had a previous warrant from 2004.”

Cory had been previously married (he has two children from previous relationships), and his ex-wife had filed charges, claiming that he had threatened her, which he denies. “But I never took care of it, so by the time they picked me up on it, it was pretty serious. I ended up spending nine months in jail.”

Joy didn’t wait around for him to get out. Cory learned that Joy had left when he got a notice after the September 2008 birth of their daughter from an adoption agency in Southern California. “I was still in jail. The notice asked that if I was the father, I needed to contact them right away. And I filled it out right away,” he says.

He wasn’t released from jail until February 2009. He called the adoption agency, and he says he got no information about what had happened with his daughter. When he contacted Joy, she told him that her attempts at a music recording career were beginning to bear fruit — she had achieved some notoriety in Thailand, Cory says — but she didn’t respond to his questions about their daughter.

“I never heard from her again,” Cory says.

He has since learned their daughter’s name, and that Joy entered into an “open” adoption so she can still see the girl from time to time (which she has mentioned in interviews). But Cory has been unable to get any other information about the girl and hasn’t seen her.

It irks him, he says, that in interviews Joy has said that she had a child with an abusive “drug addict,” which he denies. “We argued, but I never abused her,” he says.

“Whenever I try to contact her about it, she never responds. She’s banking on the idea that I’m not a millionaire and can’t sue her,” he says.

Not long after Joy left Cory, she got involved in Scientology around the year 2010. We first began to notice her in 2014, when her antics as a no-name Scientology celebrity just couldn’t be ignored. Over the next few years, we noted that she seemed desperate to get noticed for something — anything — and was using Scientology to make it happen.

At the 2015 Grammy Awards, she showed up wearing a dress made of snowfence that was comical for how little of her it covered. It had been dreamed up by a friend, Andre Soriano, who followed that up the next year with something even more revealing that might have come from the movie Barbarella.

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2018/01/08/j...arrest-and-the-child-she-put-up-for-adoption/
    • Like Like x 2
  26. VIDEO at 25:50: MAGA talk show hosts Diamond and Silk on Joy Villa and Corey Lewandowski. Let's just say they have a strong take. They also have 122,455 subscribers.

27. VIDEO at 13:27: Kaya Jones, Director / Ambassador of the National Diversity Coalition For Trump, on potential 27th Miami Congressional District candidate Joy Villa.

28. Potential 27th Miami Congressional District candidate Joy Villa reweets Scientology anti-psychiatry front group Citizens Commission For Human Rights (CCHR).

As always, quotations adding content, retweets and replies welcome.

https://twitter.com/IndieScieNews/status/951000101065035777

yTTXMNS.png

Graphic used for tweet:

B0rikMe.png