Customize

Scientology member Joy Villa launching exploratory committee into a Congressional run

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, Dec 13, 2017.

1. And not unexpectedly, Diane [@SoCalValleyGal] replies with a relevant video:

https://twitter.com/SoCalValleyGal/status/951002562160877568

/
  2. Joy Villa's song "Make America Great Again" is number four on CNN's list of "11 pop songs that tell the year's story in politics." The article was published on December 10, 2017.

The politics of pop music in 2017

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/08/politics/the-politics-of-pop-music-in-2017/index.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

4. "Make America Great Again" - Joy Villa

Joy Villa arrived at the Grammys in February wearing a white cloak she removed to reveal a Make America Great Again dress, designed by Andre Soriano, a Filipino immigrant. "Sometimes you just gotta be free to express yourself," she tweeted that night. Finally out as a conservative, Villa, who earlier in the campaign supported Bernie Sanders before she says she was "red pilled" and learned to MAGA, released "Make America Great Again."

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

Joy Villa’s former manager: ‘Scientology destroyed everything’

By Tony Ortega, January 15, 2018

Quote:

We spoke this weekend to Robbie Olson, 62, a Tucson-based GOP conservative who spent part of last year shepherding political upstart Joy Villa, 31, as she was rapidly ascending the highest levels of the “Make America Great Again” movement and was even endorsed by Donald Trump himself.

Olson tells us he became enamored of Villa after her Grammy Awards appearance last year in a “Make America Great Again” dress, and invited her to speak at a Pima County, Arizona GOP meeting in September. He was impressed by her infectious enthusiasm and her vocal support for the president, and he offered to help manage her budding political aspirations.

Over the next few months, Olson helped her gain access to people like Steve Bannon, Roger Stone, Sean Hannity, Milo Yiannopoulos, and Kellyanne Conway, and helped her get appointed to Trump’s campaign advisory board.

He also guided her as they began to plan her own 2018 run for Congress in Florida’s 27th district in Miami.

But then, just as her star seemed to be burning brightest in late October, Olson says Joy Villa’s Scientologist husband Thorsten Overgaard began to assert himself on the scene, and Joy became more insistent about Scientology’s role in what she was doing.

“Thorsten and Scientology destroyed everything,” Olson tells us.

By the middle of December, Villa was missing commitments because Scientology insisted on her attendance elsewhere, Olson says, and key conservative figures who had initially supported her were turning away.

After Villa failed to show for a December 19 event where she was scheduled to speak, Olson cut ties with her. Since then, he says, her political aspirations have evaporated as more “MAGA” movement people have raised questions about her Scientology background.

“She stood up Franklin Graham!” Olson says.

We texted Villa, asking to speak with her about her split with Olson, but she didn’t respond. She also hasn’t responded to us in the past when we first broke the news that she was focusing on Florida’s 27th district, and when we spoke with her former boyfriend, Cory Duncan, who told us about Joy’s 2007 domestic violence arrest, and about the child they had, which Joy put up for adoption.

Olson admits that when he first invited Joy to Tucson and then began talking to her about managing her career, he didn’t know a lot about her.

“She said she was a born-again Christian and that she had taken some Scientology courses that had given her the confidence to wear the dress,” he says. “She tried to make it sound acceptable, and I got the impression it was like a Tony Robbins thing.” Olson says that he had looked into groups like Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormonism, but he didn’t have much familiarity with Scientology.

“About two weeks into it, my friends were telling me, you know she’s a Scientologist. But I hadn’t really looked into it.”

To him, it sounded like a self-help group and not something to be concerned about as he began booking Joy at conventions and introducing her to people who could help her reach even higher. “For three and a half months, we were just running. We went to Mar-a-Lago, New York, and DC three times. It was a really fun run.”

His own education into Scientology began with a trip to the Hollywood Celebrity Centre in October. “What a freaky experience. People came out of five different doors to usher her in and ask her what she’d been doing with me,” he says. It seemed odd to him that wherever they went, there was someone always accompanying Joy.

Olson says that Joy made it clear that if he wanted to work for her, he would have to begin his own courses at the Celebrity Centre. “I didn’t do any courses, but I’m still getting messages from them to do them,” he says, and he shared a few of the messages with us. On December 30, for example, after cutting ties with Joy, he was still getting messages like this from a CC official: “You should still do your course. It will help you in life!! Why don’t you come by tomorrow?”

Olson may not have been aware of it when he first met her, but Joy Villa has been one of the most visible and active members of the Church of Scientology in recent years. We’ve been keeping tabs on her since at least 2014, when she continually showed up in church publications and was working with Scientology front groups. In October 2016, Joy and her then-fiance Overgaard became “Patron Meritorious” donors for having given at least $250,000 to the church, and they were married at Scientology’s holiest site, the Fort Harrison Hotel in Clearwater, Florida, on Christmas Day 2016. Joy has reached the state of “Clear” in Scientology, which can take years of work up the “Bridge to Total Freedom” and requires many hours of “auditing” — Scientology’s form of counseling — which involves having a subject “remember” their experiences in past lives going back millions of years and on other planets. Recently, we spoke with Dani Lemberger, a former Scientologist who still subscribes to the tenets of L. Ron Hubbard’s teachings, and he assured us that someone like Joy Villa attaining the state of Clear would require many hours of whole track auditing going back millions or billions of years. Former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder, meanwhile, has asserted that any Scientologist who goes as far as Joy Villa has would have been convinced to give up what are called “other practices” as they absorb Hubbard’s teachings that the world’s other religions are all false, and that Jesus Christ, for example, is an invention, a figment of the imagination. “There was no Christ,” Hubbard can be heard to say on a 1968 recording.

But Robbie Olson wasn’t aware of any of that when he made his visit with Joy to the Hollywood Celebrity Centre in October. And during that visit, a woman who worked at the Centre sat down with Olson to explain what the church wanted Joy to do.

The church official instructed Olson to find Joy at least two speech events per week that would pay about $5,000 each, and Olson could keep a certain percentage for himself.

“Sounds good, except she didn’t know what she was talking about,” Olson says with a laugh. While Scientology seemed focused on Joy bringing in money, Olson had been raising her profile higher and higher at non-paying gigs intended to forward her political career. Paying gigs could come later. It was a sign, he says, that Scientology’s interests weren’t really very realistic.

“The event we had just done, the Hispanic 100 in Newport Beach, where she met White House people, was for free. This woman was saying we should stop doing those. I got Joy into the White House, I got her onto the advisory panel, but the Church of Scientology was after me all the time to follow its agenda,” he says.

By October 27, however, Olson’s own plan had culminated with Trump himself endorsing Joy’s political ambition.

“That was through Steve Bannon and Roger Stone. One of those two guys made that happen,” Olson says.

Initially, Joy told him she wanted to run for Congress in the Clearwater area. “Roger Stone told her you have to be out of your fucking mind. The people there hate you,” he says, referring to the town’s longtime and simmering clash with the Church of Scientology, which surreptitiously invaded the town in 1975 and owns a large part of its downtown today.

It was Olson’s idea that Joy should run in Miami’s 27th district, where longtime Republican incumbent Ileana Ros-Lehtinen had announced that she wouldn’t seek re-election in 2018.

But increasingly, Olson says he was hearing from other conservative figures who told him that Joy’s affiliation with Scientology was a problem.

“I asked [“Dilbert” cartoonist] Scott Adams about it. No way, he said, it will never fly. You need to get her to disavow it,” Olson says.

Still thinking it was something they could contain by having Joy play down her involvement in Scientology, Olson says he began to arrange for her to meet with evangelical icon Franklin Graham early in December. But by late October, he says, Villa’s husband, Danish photographer Thorsten Overgaard, had suddenly showed up from Europe, and Joy began getting more aggressive about her Scientology activism.

At one point, Olson says, they were in talks with alt-Right figure Milo Yiannopoulos to go on tour together, with Joy singing as an opening act. But three times in a meeting with Milo she brought up English Scientologist John Mappin and his “Camelot Castle,” who had become briefly noted for being a huge overseas Trump fan.

“I couldn’t believe it. I asked her, why did you have to bring him up three times? She said Milo seemed interested, but I told her he wasn’t.”

In November, when Olson arranged for Villa to meet Kellyanne Conway at an event at DC’s Union Station, he says he couldn’t believe it when Villa used the opportunity to hand Conway a copy of the movie “In Search of Liberty,” a notorious production that had been made by Scientologist Norm Novitsky.

“I couldn’t believe it. She was using the opportunity to connect the church to everyone she could,” Olson says. “I kept telling her, don’t mention it. Don’t try to recruit people.”

It also infuriated him when Joy announced that she was getting campaign advice from Scientology’s DC lobbyist, Greg Mitchell. It bothered Olson that Mitchell had done work not only for Scientology but also for a George Soros company, which was poison to conservatives.

“While she was working with me, she kept working with him. But then, even worse, on December 5, when we were supposed to sit down with Franklin Graham, she stood us up.”

Olson explains that he was hoping that meeting with Graham would tamp down increasing concerns about Joy’s Scientology involvement from conservatives. “I just wanted to cast doubt on the naysayers, but maybe it’s best that she no-showed,” he says. (Another longtime Scientologist, former cable television news host Greta Van Susteren, has a very visible relationship with Graham.)

Two weeks later, on December 19, Villa was scheduled to appear at Turning Point USA’s Student Action Summit in West Palm Beach.

“She stood us up there, too. She was supposed to sing and open up for Donald Trump Jr.! That was the last straw for everyone at Fox,” he says. “I heard a few days later from Seb Gorka that she will never appear on Fox News again.”

Olson was finished with her. She later sent him this text: “Hi Robbie, as of Jan 1st, 2018 Joy Villa Productions will no longer be needing your assistance or services. Thank you for your signed NDA, which can be mailed to you by my lawyer, at your request. I wish you immense future success and thank you for your past work. Sincerely, Joy Villa.” Olson posted the message to Twitter, and then he tweeted this message to the president: “Please accept my sincere apology for introducing you to Joy Villa.”

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2018/01/15/joy-villas-former-manager-scientology-destroyed-everything/

Here's the most popular comment to the article. Quote:

John P.2 hours ago

In only three months of working with Olson, Joy Villa manages to bite essentially every hand that feeds her. Impressive stats!

* Standing up Franklin Graham when he could have conferred some amount of "evangelical Cred" (he's easily fooled; he's one of those Evangelicals who think Trump is actually a Christian).

* Getting banned from Fox News, which happens so rarely that it's really, really hard to do.

* Getting Milo Yannoupulos to think you're a freak.

* Standing up Donald Trump, Jr. at an event. That's a show of disloyalty, and the #1 rule of the Trump family is to do whatever it takes to punish even small acts of disloyalty.

* Causing her handler to learn what Scientology really is and to give him an incentive to make sure all of conservative-land knows about it as well.

* Deciding to wait for Scientology Media Productions to begin broadcasting, because that'll be a bigger media platform to reach conservatives than Fox News.

* Wanting to use Scientology PR principles in the person of Pat Harney, who makes the nonexistent Karin Pouw seem like a seasoned pro.

* Strategizing initially to run from Congress in the district containing Clearwater because you actually believe the "tens of thousands of Scientologists" number the cult is always throwing around who will vote for you.

The best one of all: turning down free events to build your brand, looking only for paid engagements so that you can donate more to Scientology.
  4. John P. Member

There are plenty of fame whores out there. What makes Joy Villa unique is that she thinks she's doing all this herself based on her specialness and talent. That's straight out of Scientology. It's what makes them so special at turning bystanders into enemies.

The Kardashians are talentless louts. But they know that the rewards they're enjoying are because they work within an ecosystem of people who are supporting them to further their own agendas. If Kim Kardashian signs a deal with a company to come up with some perfume, she'll be at the launch event for that product. And she'll probably be sober and on good behavior. She knows that if she doesn't play along, the word will get out and people will not be interested in doing other deals with her. So if you blow off the perfume launch, you can kiss off the hair care line, the lingerie collection, the book deal and the whatever the hell else people will try to use her for.

It's just remarkable how Villa manages to bite every single hand that feeds her without any clue that she has to be good for business in order to stay in the game she's in. It's not like there aren't tons of other fame whores who are eager to work within the system. In 5 years, she will have split from her sugar daddie (convinced she doesn't need him any longer) and a few years after that, she'll be living in a single-wide trailer somewhere in Florida. And absolutely nobody will care enough to write an article asking "whatever happened to Joy Villa?"
    • Like Like x 1
  5. VIDEO at 14:08: Milo Yiannopoulos interviews Joy Villa's former manager Robbie Olson. "What happened to Joy Villa? Her former manager spills the beans on Scientology." The interview really is quite good. I suggest people watch it for the substance. The interview provides new information.

• Like Like x 1
  6. White Tara Global Moderator

Is this Joys Kiss of Death?
  7. The podcast version of the interview is up:

http://dangerous.milo.libsynpro.com...ormer-manager-spills-the-beans-on-scientology

/
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DeathHamster Member

Yeah, the cult of the alt-right doesn't want any Scientology infiltrators.
    • Like Like x 3

9. Maybe 'tis a consummation devoutly to be wished? In a mutually-assured destruction sense?:)
  10. Oh my god can you imagine Scientology and the alt right planning a March? Tiki torches and bling uniforms.
  11. White Tara Global Moderator

lol imagery right there.
  12. Milo pulled these from the full show and posted them separately:

13. VIDEO at 54:42: Milo Yiannopoulos interviews Roger Stone about potential 27th Miami Congressional District candidate Joy Villa.

14. DeathHamster Member

A struggling fake denounces another struggling fake.

Careful MILO, she might rip your arm off.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. VIDEO: SIRIUS XM Radio with MAGA dress designer Andre Soriano and MAGA spokesmodel Lisa Christiansen [@DrLisaCoaching] on the Joy Villa Scientology controversy,

16. leah-remini-kkk-variety_en.jpg?_=B9ax5fPw.jpg

17. I just discovered the following December 28, 2017 article by The Pretty Patriot about Joy Villa. The article is lengthy, thoughtful and substantive.

Joy Villa Disgusts Me & I’m A Trump Supporter That Was Sexually Assaulted

http://theprettypatriot.com/sexual-assault-joy-villa

* * * * * BEGIN CONCLUSION * * * * *

…yeah. Joy Villa is a fraud with no substance, and has been for quite some time. She is trying to use the #MeToo bandwagon the same way she used the Trump one, and is getting what she’s long overdue for.

But more than anything, I need to hold myself accountable. I noticed the signs of a fraud months ago, but remained silent because I didn’t want people to think I was jealous or a hater. It’s not like my voice would have mattered in the long run, but I think that it’s hypocritical of me to accuse people of having no conviction without admitting my own failures.

* * * * * END CONCLUSION * * * * *
  18. Fetus dress. It looks like a vagina.
    [IMG]
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

[IMG]

Joy Villa’s ex-manager on the ‘pro-life’ Grammys dress: We’re not fooled this time

By Tony Ortega, January 29, 2018

Quote:

A lot has already been said about Joy Villa’s Grammys gambit last night, with her showing up for the fourth year in a row in a dress designed to get her attention.

For the first three years she showed up in dresses designed by Andre Soriano, a minor reality TV figure and fashion designer in San Diego. In 2015, he created a dress for her made out of snowfence, in 2016 it was another barely-there number that turned heads for how much of Villa it didn’t cover, and then both Soriano and Villa hit it big last year with his “Make America Great Again” gown that launched Joy into political stardom.

But Soriano very publicly disavowed Joy Villa recently as she continued to use her “MAGA” fame to promote Scientology. He claimed not to have known about her Scientology involvement, which, frankly, is a little hard to believe. But for whatever reason, Joy was on her own for last night’s Grammy awards.

Her arts and crafts project — painting an image of a fetus in a rainbow splotch on a white wedding dress, with the message “Choose Life” on her handbag — got her another round of publicity last night as various news outlets celebrated her for once again bringing a “conservative” message to the Grammys, held this year in New York.

But last night we talked with Robbie Olson, Joy’s former manager, and he tells us this doesn’t really fix the situation he described for us just two weeks ago. After rocketing to fame which got her to the White House, an exploratory committee for a Congressional run, and even an endorsement by Trump himself, Joy’s political ambitions crashed and burned in the fall as it became obvious that she was putting Scientology before her new MAGA friends.

“We know where her true loyalties lie,” Robbie says.

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2018/01/29/j...life-grammys-dress-were-not-fooled-this-time/
  20. PODCAST: Conversation with GOP Political Consultant Robbie Olson on Joy Villa & Scientology.

On Tony Ortega's blog, Jeffrey Augustine notes: "One of the most fascinating items revealed in this podcast is that Joy Villa apparently wanted to delay her contemplated Congressional run until 2020 when Scientology Media Productions would be broadcasting shows designed to “normalize” Scientology."

21. Conservatives Should Think Twice Before Embracing Joy Villa’s Pro-Life Performance.

The Federalist: Conservatives Should Think Twice Before Embracing Joy Villa’s Pro-Life Performance

http://thefederalist.com/2018/01/29/joy-villas-anti-abortion-dress-looks-like-a-cheap-political-stunt/

By Bethany Mandel

After the Remini episode aired, several pro-life blogs called attention to the practice, and more pro-life Americans are now learning what atrocities are being committed by Scientology. Which is why, as long as Villa remains a member of this evil organization posing as a religion, conservatives would be profoundly gullible to fall for her transparent attempts at manipulation. Would we support Cecile Richards’ run as a pro-life Republican were she to decide to run for Congress tomorrow because she showed up to an event in a “Choose Life” dress? Of course not. Supporting Villa, who uses her celebrity to promote Scientology, would be just as foolish.

* * * * * END CONCLUSION * * * * *
  22. Don’t Be Fooled By Scientologist Joy Villa’s Pro-Life Grammy Stunt – She’s A Fraud.

Redstate: Don’t Be Fooled By Scientologist Joy Villa’s Pro-Life Grammy Stunt – She’s A Fraud

https://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2018/01/29/dont-fooled-scientologist-joy-villas-pro-life-grammy-stunt-shes-fraud/

By Jim Jamitis

Oh and just by mere coincidence, Joy Villa released her latest record on exactly the same day as her big pro-life coming out party.
    That’s really convenient, huh?
    \
    This woman is a complete and total fraud.

* * * * * END CONCLUSON * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  23. peterstorm Member

24. Uh oh, I see a Body Thetan ! Back to Auditing !!!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Disambiguation Global Moderator

Body Thetan Couture
  26. Triumph Member

27. Sunday, March 25, 2018, protest at the Church of Scientology of Inglewood hosted by CA District 43 Congressional Candidate Edwin Duterte [@DuterteCA] also targets potential 27th Miami Congressional District candidate Joy Villa as "Imposter" and "Fake MAGA."

https://twitter.com/IndieScieNews/status/965410156145123328

DZQgrDf.png

Graphic used for tweet:

34NN5BS.png
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Daily Mail - EXCLUSIVE: Truth about Trump's favorite pop star revealed - singer planning run for Congress is 'bondage and vampirism'-loving adult model who Scientology wants to be the 'Tom Cruise of politics'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5388361/Trumps-favorite-singer-Joy-Villa-bondage-loving-model.html

Article by Alan Butterfield.

Joy Villa created a sensation by wearing a Make American Great Again dress at the Grammys in 2017 and has become close to the White House
    But DailyMail.com has been told by her former manager that she is closely controlled by the Church of Scientology

Robbie Olson says her handlers want her to be 'Tom Cruise of politics' and had her present video made by prominent Scientologist to Kellyanne Conway
    She misrepresented herself as a 'born-again Christian', he says, and did not fully disclose her links to the church

DailyMail.com has obtained modeling pictures for an adult website Urban Bombshells, which she posed for in 2007 in Seattle, Washington
    Photographer who took them says: 'I think people will be shocked to learn about this, especially now she has a large conservative fan base.'

Model release showed her interests included 'biting, bondage and vampirism' and that she disliked 'jealous women'

A high-profile supporter of President Donald Trump is a senior Scientologist who has used access to some of his top White House aides to push the church, which wants her to be its 'Tom Cruise for politics', DailyMail.com can reveal.

Singer Joy Villa has been praised on Twitter by the president, posed with Ivanka and Lara Trump, and appeared at the Grammy Awards twice in dresses with provocative conservative messages.

She has expressed an interest in running for Congress and also courted controversy by claiming that Trump's ex-campaign manager Corey Lewandowski harassed her by slapping her on the bottom, an allegation he denies strongly.

This week she is attending CPAC, the conservative conference which will hear from Mike Pence and other top Trump aides. She was also invited to a White House Christmas party.

But DailyMail.com has learned that Villa is accused by her former manager of being 'directed by Scientology handlers' and of misrepresenting herself as a 'born-again Christian' rather than a fully-fledged follower of Scientology.

29. At CPAC (i.e., the Conservative Political Action Conference), likely 27th Miami Congressional District candidate Joy Villa says allegations of forced abortions in Scientology are "untrue" and "totally false."

Washington Examiner: At CPAC, Joy Villa responds to criticism about Scientology and her views on abortion

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/at-cpac-joy-villa-responds-to-criticism-about-scientology-and-her-views-on-abortion/article/2649912

But when I ask about Scientology, Sea Org, and allegations of forced abortions, Villa gets fidgety for the first time in the interview.

“I’m going to stop you right there,” she says midquestion. “No comment on that, but I will say that that’s horribly wrong and untrue. Anyone who is trying to take down another religion in the name of whatever cause is being destructive, and we have the freedom of religion for a reason. It’s totally false.”

3Qseo0Y.png
    • Like Like x 1