Customize

Scientology member Joy Villa's "Make America Great Again" Trump Grammy Dress

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, Feb 12, 2017.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

2. The Wrong Guy Member

Who Is Joy Villa? President Trump Says He's a Fan of the Singer Who May Run for Congress

By Beatrice Dupuy, Newsweek

Quote:

President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Friday to welcome to politics a 26-year-old entertainer who made a political statement earlier this year with her “Make America Great Again” dress at the Grammys.

“She has many fans,” the president tweeted.

Villa responded by thanking the president and calling him her "ultimate warrior."

During a Friday appearance on Fox & Friends, Villa announced a possible run for Congress and attacked some leading female Democrats, including Representatives Frederica Wilson and Maxine Waters and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, saying they “are destroying this country.” Wilson and Waters are African-American, and all three women have been attacking Trump.

“It's time we have strong women who step up, run, win and support the president of America,” Villa said during her Fox interview. She has described herself as an “Afro-Latina Native woman married to an immigrant.”

Villa said she could run in Florida, California or New York, places where she has lived, worked and was raised.

“I would be running as an outsider but definitely as a Republican,” she said.

When asked about the platform on which she would run, Villa told host Ainsley Earhardt she would follow the populist ideas put together by former Trump adviser Stephen Bannon. She plans to support tax reform and aid for legal immigrants, as opposed to illegal immigrants.

Villa caught the attention of the president after she appeared at the Grammys in a red, white and blue dress emblazoned with Trump's slogan in February. Her eye-catching dress also got her noticed by Trump supporters, who helped boost the singer’s sales on iTunes and land her album, I Make the Static, on the Billboard Top 15 chart.

In iTunes reviews of her album, which includes the song “Make America Great Again,” reviewers thanked her for supporting the president.

Twitter erupted over the singer’s Grammys dress, with some users saying she showed “true bravery” by wearing it and others asking, “Who paid her to wear the dress?”

Villa is also known for at least one other Grammys dress: She arrived one year wearing a barely-there outfit made of orange Home Depot fence material.

In 2016, Villa was featured in a video on a Scientology Youtube account; she said she discovered Scientology after going through a rough period in her life.

“Now, I feel like there’s nothing I can’t tackle,” Villa said in the video. “Scientology gave me tools to survive, tools to create, and that’s what I feel like: a creative person who is full of power, and there is no stopping me.”

Villa has another album coming out in January and plans to attend the Grammys again, she said on Fox & Friends.

Source: http://www.newsweek.com/who-trump-supporter-joy-villa-694562
  3. Quentinanon Member

"and that’s what I feel like: a creative person who is full of power, and there is no stopping me.”
    Joy Villa, narcissist.
  4. Potential Congressional candidate Joy Villa promotes the Scientology E-Meter, which may be used only by Scientology Ministers and Ministers-in-Training.

NNmfgL6.jpg

BhJhGVJ.png
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Trump-backed celeb could challenge Charlie Crist.

Tampa Bay Times: Trump-backed celeb could challenge Charlie Crist

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/2017/10/27/trump-backed-celeb-could-challenge-charlie-crist/

By Adam C. Smith

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Just in case you thought Republican/independent/Democrat/governor/vice presidential finalist/washed-up former politician/now Congressman Charlie Crist’s career couldn’t get any weirder, there’s a new development.

A singer and diehard Trump supporter appears to be looking at running against Crist for his Pinellas County U.S. House seat.

Joy Villa, best known for wearing a Make America Great Again dress at the Grammy’s, told Fox & Friends on Friday that she is looking seriously at running as a Republican for Congress in Florida, California or New York -- “most likely” Florida.

We haven’t yet reached her to pin down where in Florida but on Twitter she asked her fans which of “my communities” they want her to run in, New York City, Tampa Bay, Santa Barbara, or Los Angeles. Villa is a Scientologist who, according to her Facebook page, has lived in Clearwater, the church’s spiritual headquarters and part of Crist’s congressional district.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
  6. WHO IS JOY VILLA? PRESIDENT TRUMP SAYS HE'S A FAN OF THE SINGER WHO MAY RUN FOR CONGRESS.

Newsweek: WHO IS JOY VILLA? PRESIDENT TRUMP SAYS HE'S A FAN OF THE SINGER WHO MAY RUN FOR CONGRESS

http://www.newsweek.com/who-trump-supporter-joy-villa-694562

By BEATRICE DUPUY

* * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Friday to welcome to politics a 26-year-old entertainer who made a political statement earlier this year with her “Make America Great Again” dress at the Grammys.

“She has many fans,” the president tweeted.

y8u42V0.png

Villa responded by thanking the president and calling him her "ultimate warrior."

During a Friday appearance on Fox & Friends, Villa announced a possible run for Congress and attacked some leading female Democrats, including Representatives Frederica Wilson and Maxine Waters and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, saying they “are destroying this country.” Wilson and Waters are African-American, and all three women have been attacking Trump.

[SNIP]

In 2016, Villa was featured in a video on a Scientology Youtube account; she said she discovered Scientology after going through a rough period in her life.

“Now, I feel like there’s nothing I can’t tackle,” Villa said in the video. “Scientology gave me tools to survive, tools to create, and that’s what I feel like: a creative person who is full of power, and there is no stopping me.”

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Courtesy Little David on ESMB:

Trump eggs on pop singer who wore 'Make America Great Again' dress to the Grammys as she considers running for Congress

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...singer-wore-slogan-Grammys.html#ixzz4wjh8TVmP

She Wore A MAGA Dress To The Grammys & Now She Might Be A Congresswoman
    Refinery29 3h ago

"Villa said her potential platform would be similar to President Trump's, and it sounds like her campaign strategy would be, too."

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/10/178585/who-is-joy-villa-running-for-office-trump
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Potential Congressional candidate Joy Villa deletes the address of the Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre from her official website.

zVlwN4S.png
    • Like Like x 3
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

At first I was going to say, "This is getting pretty fucked up." But that was the case when this thread started, back in February. Now, it's gone several steps beyond that.

I hope Vinnie James has been talking to Leah Remini.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  10. He has. Ortega and Rinder are helping, as well.

Some Anons are also involved.

Request: Regardless of your political stance, what is really needed is for exes, OG, and anons who are well-versed in all-things-cult to go on Twitter and help back up the Tweeps who are opposing Joy and the CoS shills. The Sci-bots are out in full force, panicking over this Joy thing because she's been lying through her teeth and people are calling her out on it. But, the Trump fans don't have the wealth of knowledge you all do, so some of them are beginning to pass on misinformation or not seeing the cult as dangerous as it is. Not everyone watches Leah's show...but it has been amazing how many do, lemme tell ya! The first wave of true-blue fairgaming has begun on Twitter against Vinnie James.

Even if you have to create an account, a sock account, and join us getting the truth out, all help is essential at this point. The people who are working on this really need the support and they're busting their asses.

Thanks!
  11. White Tara Global Moderator

Bump for active project and need for assistance
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Cross-posted to ESMB:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/...-trump-grammy-dress.43503/page-7#post-1155594

/
    • Like Like x 1
  13. White Tara Global Moderator

I would imagine some Trump supporters would be screaming that the pushback about Joy Villa was a leftie liberal snowflake smear. Might be worthwhile countering that with telling them Anons generally speaking sure as shit have no love for Hilary? JS
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I've tweeted quite a bit about the Joy Villa situation. I have made it a point in my @IndieScieNews Twitter account and persona NOT to address politics or any political issues. I limit myself to providing facts and news about Scientology. Period. As a result, members of the MAGA community have been able to communicate with, quote, retweet and reply to me.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. White Tara Global Moderator

Yeah sound advice, I just hate when they go deaf to reason because they have decided its a political bias, ignoring the damn elephant in front of them.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Since Joy Villa was kind enough to unblock me on Twitter, I decided to start asking her questions in response to her tweets. My first question: ".@Joy_Villa, do U have any response to #Scientology Freedom Medal Winner Nation of Islam Min. @BroTonyMuhammad promoting racial separation?"

As always, quotations adding comments, retweets and replies welcome.

https://twitter.com/IndieScieNews/status/926924665108488193

PQKINsH.png
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Quentinanon Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Looks like we'll be hearing more about Joy Villa tomorrow.

Trump Thinks Scientology Should Have Tax Exemption Revoked, Longtime Aide Says

Lynne Patton told an actress the Trump family “couldn’t agree more” that the church shouldn’t be exempt.

By Yashar Ali, HuffPost

<snipped>

Yashar Ali ‏@yashar 6 minutes ago
    Tomorrow, part two: The Scientologist Who Has Infiltrated Trump World...the Church of Scientology couldn't be happier...for decades they have infiltrated government institutions but in the past decade they've lost influence...now, they've got someone in the right place.

More at
    https://whyweprotest.net/threads/to...-tax-exempt-status.125622/page-2#post-2619967
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. VIDEO: Potential Congressional candidate Scientology member Joy Villa Keynote Speaker at Young Republicans National Federation event at President Trump's Mar A Lago resort. Introduced by Roger Stone.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DeathHamster Member

If Greg Mitchell is involved, that's on Scientology's dime.
    • Like Like x 3
  21. Quentinanon Member

Absolutely. The scientology crime syndicate supports her.
  22. Because it was not signed "SP," the following tweet about the Church of Scientology's tax-exempt status was not made by Sarah Palin herself. Nonetheless, it is significant that it was tweeted by the verified @SarahPalinUSA Twitter account. As always, note the number of retweets and likes.

https://twitter.com/SarahPalinUSA/status/929677667032543233

ztN2Dx9.png