Customize

Scientology Mission of San Antonio at 244 W Olmos is Empty

Discussion in 'Scientology and Anonymous' started by Anonymous, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

Sorry, no pics.

A few weeks ago I drove by the mission and noticed that there sheets of plastic covering some furniture in one of the rooms.
    A couple of days later I went by to investigate.

There were broken accoustic tiles and a water logged white box that originally came from Bridge Publications lying on the sidewalk, and a damp floor mat hanging on the fence rail.
    I concluded that during the recent heavy rains their building had developed a leak, bringing down the tiles and necessitating covering the furniture with the plastic sheets.
    After about a week they got around to cleaning up the tiles and box. I drove by a few times later and there were a few cars parked in front, like always. Their typical hours are Tues and Thurs in the evenings and Sunday afternoons.

A few days after that I noticed that they weren't leaving the interior lights on at night like they usually did. From the street the building otherwise looked normal. All the signage and posters taped to the door were still there.
    But today, I got curious and went by, parked and looked inside. The interior is empty except for bookshelves, desks and chairs. All the Dianetics books and display are gone.
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Anonymous Member

Another mission woke up and blew!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

Not sure if they blew. Maybe they are moving because the roof requires substantial repairs. I did pick up a brochure from the box by the door. Its advertising The Hubbard Dianetics Auditor Course. Be professional auditor blah blah blah. It seems like a strange choice to present to the general public as an introduction to scn. Of course, they didnt bother to fill in the contact information on the brochure so it would be useless anyway. Fail.

I always wondered about the politics in this mission because when Marty was in Ingleside this was the closest scientology mission to him (or maybe the one in Harlingen). San Antonio is also where Debbie Cook was living when the shit went down and where the squirrel buster PI's were hired. My general sense it is that had pretty tight relationship with Austin Org but my views are not really based on much specific and I am not ex scn.

If this place is in fact closed that means the only scientology presence in a city of over a million people is a few WISE businesses. One local WISE dentist used to run a mission out of his dentist office. Not sure if he still does.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. pooks Member

Thanks for the really good news. Scn is a thing of the past. Thank Xenu for that.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

Unfortunately it looks like they are preparing to reopen. A few days ago, I drove by and things stacked up in one of the rooms that weren't there before. Just now I drove by and there were 3 or 4 cars parked out front--they must have been theirs because nothing else is open 4 July. Through a window I saw a person moving inside
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Anonymous Member

Yep, there are still idiots out there. Even in San Antonio.