Customize

Scientology sound boards for PC, smart phone and tablet

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by DeathHamster, Jan 27, 2011.

1. DeathHamster Member

Sound boards are a class of app that you'll find endless numbers of in the Android Market. (Dunno about the iStore or the Blackberry one. Apple might filter these out due to copyright questions.)

A sound board app is a panel of buttons and as you click/touch each button, it plays a brief sound sample for that button. Usually there's an overall theme for the sounds like a particular movie, tv show or actor, possibly with images. (That's where the copyright questions come in. How far can you go as Fair Use?) With a good selection of sounds, you can string them together for fun, amusement and even prank phone calls (not advocating, just that it's been done).

It seems to me that Hubbard, David Miscavige and Tommy Davis deserve their own sound board apps. There's certainly enough material to harvest for great sound bites!

For Android, I did find a framework for sound board apps. Unfortunately it needs the full (free) development environment, rather than being a Sound Board Construction Set. That was just a quick look, there are probably others out there.
    http://www.myandroidsoundboard.com/

Likely there are similar ones for other platforms.

Just throwing this out here. I'd love to do one for the Android, but I'm in the middle of another project.

"Uhhhhhh" "For God's sake" "Wazzamatter wi you" "Freight trains" "Up in the Van Allen Belt"...
  2. DeathHamster Member

3. Anonymous Member

A Tommy Davis sound board would be most lulzy
  4. DeathHamster Member