Customize

Scientology sued for Fraud! It's going DOWN like bird sh**! (The Garcia Suit)

Discussion in 'Media' started by BlackRob, Jan 23, 2013.

1. RolandRB Member

Babbitt couldn't grab it, dagg nabbit, so now he'd better rabbit.
  2. Random guy Member

Funny how all the "oh, this case is going no where" posters are unregistered.

They might be right (no case is guaranteed to hit home, particularly in the peculiar US legal system), but I find the marked pessimism at this stage a tad peculiar.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Hey Random guy, I got news for you if you haven't caught on yet. No matter how hard we cheer or e-lawyer on WWP, it's not going to affect a judge's opinion. And even if it did, don't you think the cult's expensive and unfortunately capable lawyers would be all over that (because, you know, judges would actually suck if they were reading WWP or the cult's propaganda on scientology.org in formulating their opinions)?

But as of your not-so-subtle suggestion that somehow if you are pessimistic there must be something suspect about the poster, lurk back and you'll see that both tikk and muldrake also have expressed their doubts about this litigation going anywhere after the diversity issue was raised.

Yes, it would be great if the cult got taken down by this suit. But this suit is on weak footing, plain and simple. Babbitt and company have decided to nuke all the other big buck corps besides Flag. No more IASA or CSRT. That's something I'm sure put a big ass smile on davey and the cult's lawyers - from 5 entities down to 1.

And you know what, I would be happy as anyone if the judge approves Babbitt's motion. But after seeing the same thing over and over for the past five years, we should all know by now what comes next if that happens: the cult would appeal or do whatever to stretch this thing go on and on for years and years.

If we are going to take them down, we better regroup and change based on the dox coming in and what we've been seeing. Otherwise, we'll be saying "tick, tock, they're going down any week now" for the next 100 years. I'm not here for just the entertainment. I'm here to see the cult actually go down.

And BTW, IANAL either, so you can tell me my opinion sucks if you want. But I'd rather have that than you suggesting that the only politically correct thing to do on WWP is register as a poster and then say "LOLOL, the cult is going down!!!" to every single thread. I'd rather observe what's going on, drop anything that's not working and do whatever else we can do to really take these assholes out.
  4. Maybe if sue and WhiteFaga would fix the Anon Button there would be less guest posters .....
    Your logic is not logical.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Random guy Member

Oh noes, say it isn't so!

(/sarcasm)

If you'd care to read my posts you would see I said as much myself.

You do know that he concept of lulz and anything actually getting done are closely related, don't you?
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I love lulz. And yes, sometimes getting things done can be lulzy.

And by your logic, all the heavy, non-lulzy stories about the cult in the media didn't get much done. Or the legal suits on Narconon deaths. Or how about earlier stuff like the FBI raids, cult investigations in Germany, stories by all the exes about their horrors, etc.

Yes, we can laugh all about these things and have some lulz with them. But in those cases, the lulz did not have something with getting them done.

So no, I don't know where your logic is coming from. In fact, IMHO it actually sounds pretty false.
  7. tinfoilhatter Member

The lulz are not the big deal. the big deal is when the European countries finish their investigations, and send the findings to the states, followed by an international complaint, that an American institution has been violating the law.

Remember kiddies, if your foreign subsidiary breaks the law overseas, then you WILL be charged and fined for breaking the law in america. There are several laws that cover this.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Corrupt_Practices_Act(msotly covers bribes)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Convention_against_Corruption

There are several more. I am not a lawfag. Just a businesstroll.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. vaLLarrr Member

Death of a thousand cuts either way. Several high profile lawsuits have to hurt, and the IRS needs to notice.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. with billions of dollars in the cache? doubtful.
    $billions$
    This message by $billions$ has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  10. TorontosRoot Member

Who's that? A scilon? How would you know how much they have?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. anon8109 Member

I don't see this guest troll proposing anything constructive, just putting down other people's efforts.

The cult is dying because it can no longer practice information control effectively thanks to the internet. There is an explosion of information, not just about Xenu, but about the inner core of the cult. All its secrets have been laid bare by former members and executives.

The cult is withering because people continue telling the truth about the its criminal activities and abuse. Since new members are almost impossible to get, and since the cult eats the children of its members by turning them into childless slaves, there is no danger that this cult will survive. It will shrivel down to nothingness once the current membership ages and passes away.

Miscavige is aware and doesn't give a damn. Apres Miscavige le deluge.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Ogsonofgroo Member

Nah TR, I think he is thinking about the cult's war-chest, there is not much doubt that DM's continued scam has ammassed quite a bit of loot over the years, hell, we farted around with numbers over 5 years ago sommerz here, the ill-gotten riches keep flowing up the shit-pile-of-hubbard, but, eventually, this wash is coming out, stains an' all. IMHO
    • Like Like x 1
  13. TorontosRoot Member

That war chest soon will shrink. ;)
    Suck on that KR OSA. ;)
    • Like Like x 5
  14. tinfoilhatter Member

How expensive are their lawyers, the court fees, the lawsuits, the hush money, the PIs, the narconon websites, and all the outside wog services that they need?

you forget, that they do not operate ethically, and it is expensive to do the things that they keep doing. It is the worst business model out there.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. tinfoilhatter Member

Its east to cow the IRS when they do not have much evidence against you, and you can hire PIs to blackmail them.

BUT

If the cult loses too many lawsuits, and the IRS KNOWS what to expect on the PI front, Then they can make preparations and go strait after them. You also have to remember that this is the post 911 america, and doing that type of activity against the government, will not end well. So PI tech will not work anymore on the federal government.
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Random guy Member

Schadenfreude is a perfectly valid form of lulz. One of the most valid forms, actually.
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Random guy Member

Actually no. The info over at the Bunker is the book value of a number of scientology non-exempt entities. Most of the worth are bound up in property. Their liquid assets are more than likely mainly channelled through their tax exempt lines, so we are left with a very lopsided picture of what's going on. I'd like to see someone like John P. chew over those numbers for a while before I'd be comfortable expressing what money reserved the cult is sitting on.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. check Karen videos with Jillian. jesus, you are thick, bro.
    omgwtfbbq!!
    This message by omgwtfbbq!! has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  19. Ah the trolls feel like 7 Billion today to bad they don't have toilet paper
    • Like Like x 1
  20. TorontosRoot Member

BUTTHURT!!! XD
    • Like Like x 1
  21. You should read Tony OIrtega blog more often. u and KKS. TonyO covers very well how much moeny the cult has.

So saying they have billions doesnt make anyone a scilon .....or TonyO would be COB then.

ML, Brian
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  22. Saw this on Tony's blog just yet:

It's the first Scientology whale:

2570epj.jpg.png
    • Like Like x 2
  23. HOC Member

That is the most disturbing image that I have ever seen. O_O
    • Like Like x 3
  24. Random guy Member

Would you please link to where Ortega has described how much liquid assets the cult has?
  25. I'm not the poster you are questioning. I don't see any specific links about liquid assets by Tony O. But the 990-Ts, even though they are about book value, have some cash figures as well. So there are the dox. Maybe you can add them up for us like some other anons are doing? Then if there is nothing there, you can help prove that the cult has no cash and is collapsing by the thousand cuts they have been getting.

BTW, there is an ongoing thread about the cult's value here:
    https://whyweprotest.net/community/...-of-its-entities-is-1-2-billion.117904/page-2

You might want to check it out as there are some other anons putting in a lot of work to figure out the cult's worth as dox gets posted and doing a nice job of laying things out.
  26. TorontosRoot Member

Moar drivvvel.
  27. TorontosRoot Member

Fixed the name. Also moar dox plox, not just all talk.
  28. vaLLarrr Member

Hawaii didn't even exist 95,000,000 years ago, retarded fat fuck didn't even check the facts.

Fuck $cientology and all $cientologists
    • Like Like x 3
  29. The Wrong Guy Member

The Garcias take one more shot at Scientology before their fraud suit will live or die

By Tony Ortega

We’ve been telling you that Luis and Rocio Garcia are nearing another important date in the life of their federal fraud lawsuit against the Church of Scientology. They’ve asked to drop three Scientology entities as defendants in the case, and they’ve asked Judge James Whittemore permission to file an amended complaint (which they have submitted, and we previously posted).

In other words, they’re asking for a do-over, after it turned out that the two California residents had erred in suing in Florida three corporate trusts that had trustees in California. (The Garcias are suing in Florida because that’s where they gave most of their donations.)

Scientology is asking Judge Whittemore to dismiss the lawsuit in its entirety, and denied that it had acted held back information when, more than nine months after the Garcias first filed their lawsuit last year, the church revealed that its trusts had California trustees. The Garcias should have known they were making an error, the church said.

Now, in one last salvo, the Garcias attack that notion, saying that the church held a full arbitration panel, and filed multiple motions to dismiss, before suddenly raising the issue that its own trustees were in California.

We now await the judge. If he does dismiss the suit, the Garcia may decide to refile it in another venue.

Here’s the latest filing:

Continued at http://tonyortega.org/2014/04/22/th...ogy-before-their-fraud-suit-will-live-or-die/
    • Like Like x 5
  30. Random guy Member

Won't be to today, but I'll see what I can do.

From a very quick look, the cash assets are not in the billion range at all, but then again they were hardly expected to be so for the non-exempt entities. The big money is likely channelled well away from public view. As I said obove, these returns give a very skewed picture of what goes on. John P. (who contrary to me actually understands economy) said as much in his comments over at the Bunker, and I trust his judgement. I am not even sure if adding up cash assets for the non-exempt entities will give any meaningful number at all.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. This is painful, like watching someone die of a terminal illness. There's no lulz in this at all.

Even if the judge somehow approves the motion and survives years of the predictable string of appeals by the cult, Babbitt's Hail Mary move took out all entities except Flag. That's already a victory for the cult.

Both tikk and muldrake gave their input long ago that the responsibility for where to file a suit is 100 pct with the plaintiffs, not the defendant. So If I got them correctly, for Babbitt and his legal team to continue trying to pin blame on the Church on not telling them where to file - even if that were totally true - it just doesn't legally matter. The defendants are legally responsible. And you know things are pretty bad when our own side paints a picture of the Garcia suit not having much hope.

All that's happening right now is that the cult's legal war of attrition is working on the suit. It's bleeding dry whatever funds are paying for Babbitt and company that could be used for something that might actually work.

Stop the pain. Let this thing die. Start over.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  32. Random guy Member

So Mr. Smartypants E-layer, what is it you know that make you sure you know better than Mr. Babbitt where and when to sue?
    • Like Like x 3
  33. TorontosRoot Member

Tr0ll?
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Random guy Member

Has the typical broken record sound.
    • Like Like x 3
  35. To be clear IANAL. But please re-read the post. Muldrake and tikk, who are lawyers, both said about this suit long ago that the diversity issue pretty much doomed it.

Hey, don't believe me, I don't expect you to. Go back and see for yourself on their posts about this suit. If I am wrong about my understanding of what they said, I will stand corrected.

All I know is someone is paying booko bucks in an attempt to stretch it out. I think I saw the suit was being done on contingency, which means that Babbitt and other main attorneys are footing the bill in return for a bigger cut of whatever are the winnings. I don't think they have a virtually endless pit of money to draw from like the cult. So my opinion, and stated as such, is that those bucks would be better served in a new suit.

If this helps get some constructive talk going about this suit, I'm all for it. Have something like that to say?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  36. Not at all. Just someone who wants to see results, not try to cheerlead what looks like a losing battle.

Sometimes you need to know when to fold them and try again. My opinion is this is one of those times.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  37. TorontosRoot Member

I see.
    • Like Like x 1
  38. Random guy Member

I just did, and looked at all posts by the two gentlemen back since the diversity issue was put forth. I also checked Tikk's posts over at the Bunker. I found no posts by either of them saying the case is doomed or some wording to that effect.

You really haven't read those posts because are a right little troll, aren't you? Now bugger off and go play on the free-way and leave us anons to fap to cat pix.
    • Like Like x 5
  39. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3