Customize

Scientology sued for Fraud! It's going DOWN like bird sh**! (The Garcia Suit)

Discussion in 'Media' started by BlackRob, Jan 23, 2013.

1. TorontosRoot Member

NO!!! Fucking cult, idiots! They likely had to have threatened the judge somehow or paid him with a hefty bribe to get it dismissed. :(
    • Like Like x 1
  2. It now seems a little strange that Whittemore would enter the letters into the record before finding against the Garcias because the 1st Amendment ties his hands. Perhaps his purpose was to get the letters publicized and warn future marks who might be enticed to put money on account with CoS, since there isn't a legal remedy for people who do.
  3. RightOn Member

4. Random guy Member

Well, Whittemore said he wanted to see the result of the "arbitration" (my quotes) before he rules on whether the process is unjust. His new ruling is in keeping with this. I'd say go through with the kangaroo court, and report back to the judge once done.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Quentinanon Member

I cannot think of any other countries where such a ruling would occur.
    The U.S. is very messed up on the subjects of organized religion and scientology.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Malory Member

^^This. Judges don't like to leave gaps and loopholes if they can avoid it.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Random guy Member

8. RightOn Member

But there lies the rub.
    There won't be any "kangaroo court" if nobody "jump ins".
    Every single person the Garcias have asked the COS about, the COS says they are not in good standing. Every person the COS has offered wouldn't have an unbiased opinion. So how can an arbitration ever take place?
    I mean that is what the Garcias told Whittmore.
    Unless Whittmore appoints an outside party who is unbiased to over see the arbitration.
    But even with that, it is doubtful the COS would not get to them with either a bribe or ruin them utterly before said arbitration takes place.
    So wasn't Whittmore the unbiased opinion they Garcia's were looking for?
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Quentinanon Member

Yes he was. And he let the Garcias down where he had the power to rule.
  10. RightOn Member

Really.
    Wasn't that the reason for the whole court case from the start? DUH!
    I don't understand what Whittmore is doing.
  11. Random guy Member

I think Whittmore is very well aware of the hornet nest he has put his hand into. My guess is he is doing his very best to steer the case down the safest possible path in the shitfest that is American religious legislation.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. RightOn Member

I agree, but when there is proof without a shadow of a doubt that the COS denied every person the Garcias asked about,
    And the person who helped write the policy stated there is no such thing as arbitration within the cult,
    those are huge things that should not be taken lightly.

Not to mention all the other cases out there
    Tory is on film asking to see her Internal Justice Chief (the person they told her was her only "terminal") and they wouldn't even let her on the property.
    Still have not been able to find that vid.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

I did this search:
    https://encrypted.google.com/#q="International Justice Chief" ToryMagoo44

This is the first search result. She discusses the International Justice Chief at 6:25.

Scientologists on CNN and Facts behind their Incorrect Statements

ToryMagoo44, April 1, 2010

Tonight Scientology Spokesperson, Tommy Davis, said they didn't have "Disconnection" in Scientology.

So this video shows you how "Disconnection" IS in Hubbard's "Ethics" book, including How To Disconnect. Since one of their people said "It's totally the person's decision", I showed them my SP declare, done without following their own policies, by the way, AND how at the end it states: "Her ONLY terminal is the International Justice Chief via the Continental Justice Chief" and ALL of that is issued by "The Church of Scientology".
  14. RightOn Member

^^^ this is not the vid.
    The one I am talking about is when she was protesting I think outside Big Blue.
    She was sitting on one of their benches and they told her to leave. (I believe)
    She was asking them if she can see her IJC
    They told her they were going to cal the police.
    Whittmore NEEDS to see that video!
  15. The Wrong Guy Member

I sent her a message with a link to these posts, asking her about the video you mentioned, and this is what she wrote. Quote:

If I can help I will.

A few points:

1. I was NOT at "the Complex on a bench".

2. I went to the HGB where the Scientology Execs operate out of and for years (before leaving) I was told he was there.

3. I don't think anyone filmed it, but I'm not sure.

4. I sat on their building ledge. SECURITY told me, "Get up!"

5. I showed them my SP declare and said, "my ONLY terminal is the IJC" per their written declare.

6. They threatened to call the police. This went on and I said "Thanks for proving there is no IJC" and left.
  16. I DID NOT WITNESS ANY OF THAT BECAUSE I WAS IN A CHAINLOCKER YOUR HONOR !
    • Like Like x 1
  17. RightOn Member

ahh,.... Thanks!
    that is why I wrote "I believe" in parenthesis it was a while ago.
    So I was right.;)
    Someone filmed it because I saw the video.
    Maybe it is someone else's video and I have been looking in the wrong place?
    So the question is, who's vid is it? Popes?
    This is the vid the judge needs to see.
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Malory Member

The problem is if the Judge ruled for the Garcias now, the cult can easily appeal on the grounds proper procedures weren't followed. We know it's a crock and I'm pretty sure Whittmore sees it's a crock but it's better to stop now than have the cult win decisively in a higher court.

Now the Garcias have to play the Sci game. Let the cult appoint someone and go through the charade. I've a feeling they'll get their cash because Wee Davey won't want to allow the courts to set a legal precedent which would take power and control out of his hands.

If the cult still refuses to refund, then the Garcias can go back to court. If the Garcias are wanting to set a legal precedent after that then they could start backing other people who can't afford to go to the courts. Either the cult keeps refunding cash or it will have to eventually risk a legal fight.
    • Like Like x 2
  19. TorontosRoot Member

I want them (the cult) to risk a big legal fight, and lose.
  20. RightOn Member

yes but will the judge cost the Garcias too much money?
    It has to run out at some point, which is what the COS is hoping for. They can pay the Garcias off in two shakes of a lamb's tail. Not their intent of course.
    Ruining them utterly is KSW.
    I was kinda hoping the judge would pick up on this too.
    Time will tell.
  21. Malory Member

Don't we all? :D
  22. Malory Member

The right way to do it would be for exes to accept it's gone money and every time they get a refund to use it to fund the next people needing to go to court. I know I'd be spiteful enough to prefer to see cash wasted on court costs rather than sitting in Wee Davey's booze fund.

I'm a big believer in death by a thousand cuts. I know the whales are keeping things afloat but in the meantime keep chipping away at every other source of income and then, when the whales bail or die off, it's trally going to be a body blow.
    • Like Like x 2
  23. You would need a billion cuts, as the cult has a ton of cash AND real estate to withstand more than a thousand cuts. They might not like refunds, but it won’t take them down, that’s for sure.
  24. TorontosRoot Member

Hmm, if they run out of cash, they have to sell off/mortgage properties to get more, as others leave the cult and speak out.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Malory Member

Patience young paddawan. Of course refunds aren't going to take them down but keep working with what's achievable.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Umm, if you haven't noticed, NO ONE is getting refunds anymore. The Garcia's would have opened the floodgates if they won their suit. But all that's happened is the reverse. Anyone wanting a refund now would need to go through cult arbitration using people who need to agreed on by the cult.

That. Means. No. Refunds.

Also, Garcia's lawyers have been funding the suit over three years out of their own pockets with hopes of cashing in on any winnings. They've probably eaten, I don't know, $1-2 million or more with zero financial return to show for it. Even if there was anything left to try, you know the cult will just bleed them for as many more years and millions as possible.

At this point, it's like putting money into Trump hoping he wins over the black and Muslim vote. It's a bad investment. They gave it a good try and no one can blame them for cutting their losses and moving on.

IMHO.
  27. Malory Member

Try. Reading. My. Post. Where. I'm. Giving. My. View. Why. The. Judge. Ruled. The. Way. He. Did. Instead. Of. Challenging. Things. I. Haven't. Said.

What the Garcias do next is up to them.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

Garcias file new motion asking judge to reject Scientology’s sham arbitration

By Tony Ortega, December 30, 2016

Quote:

Luis and Rocio Garcia have tried again to convince Tampa Federal Judge James Whittemore that Scientology is making it impossible to resolve their allegations of fraud, and they’ve filed a new motion asking Judge Whittemore to reopen their lawsuit against the church.

What’s different this time is that Luis Garcia has detailed in a new affidavit his Kafkaesque attempts to work within Scientology’s rules of internal arbitration, which he says is an impossible task. We don’t know if this new material will sway Whittemore (he’s disregarded similar requests in the past), but as a document, Luis’s affidavit describing what it’s like to be caught inside Scientology’s bizarre “ethics” rules is a useful addition to the historic record.

Continued at http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/30/ga...udge-to-reject-scientologys-sham-arbitration/
    • Like Like x 1
  29. RightOn Member

Hope Whittemore gets a clue
    • Like Like x 1
  30. DeathHamster Member

He has to get a clue in a way that a higher court won't overturn.
  31. RightOn Member

indeed