Customize

Scientology Targeting Yale Students and Staff

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Anonymous, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

A friend of mine sent me a little gift in the mail the other day with a book mark on one of the advertisements in the new 2012-2013 Yale Student Staff Daily Planner.

Imagine my surprise when I saw an ad for the Scientology Org in New Haven listed under Advising/Counseling.
    Also on the bottom left of the page is an add for Dianetics which reads:
    "YOU CAN BE HAPPY AGAIN"
    And gives the price for Dianetics ($21.27) of course where you can buy it. (at the org)
    I love how the ad reads
    "May you never be the same again"
    Ain't that the truth!

I think Poons are in order not only YALE UNNIVERSITY www.campusyellowpages.com, (other contact info in the ad)
    But also to alert the higher ups at Yale.
    There are a LOT of wealthy families with their kids in Yale. Lots of wealthy staff members too.
    And Scientoligy obvioulsy wants a big piece of that Yale pie.

book004.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

book001.jpg

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image...imageshack.us/img339/6189/book002m.jpg][/IMG][/url]

book003.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Anonymous Member

Contact the yale student newspaper, this has the potential to cause a shitstorm...

http://www.yaledailynews.com/

Contact Us
    General Non-Editorial Issues

Jeff Marsh, general manager
    Hours: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday-Friday
    Telephone: (203) 432-2424
    Fax: (203) 432-7425
    Business and Advertising

(203) 432-2424
    business@yaledailynews.com
    Editorial

(203) 432-2418
    editor@yaledailynews.com
    To report a correction, e-mail editor@yaledailynews.com.
    For technical issues, please email webmaster@yaledailynews.com.
    Mailing Address

P. O. Box 209007
    New Haven, CT 06520-9007
    To send packages to individual editors, send the package to our PO Box to the attention of the specific editor. To send arts & entertainment press kits or book review copies, please send the package to the attention of the Weekend desk.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Anonymous Member

great idea! ^^^^^
  4. RightOn Member

Book burning is never a good idea
    It would be suppression of freedom of speech
    However, alerting people to the fact that Dianetics is SCIENTOLOGY is a much better way to go
    Notice the actual word Scientology does not appear in that add or lisitng!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Anonymous Member

I called the number above they were not the least bit interested in hearing anything about it.
  6. Anonymous Member

which number?
    and there are other routes to go
  7. Anonymous Member

maybe if enough people called the number you called, they would change their mind
    what number did you call?
  8. If you are stupid enough to fall for Elrons crap you probably shoudn't be at Yale.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Anonymous Member

Could someone clean-up the 3rd graphic ie. (take off the poon part). The University is interested that someone may be misrepresenting them however they need or want only Purely objective documentation. Having poon in there detracts from trying to get them to respond to this issue.
  10. RightOn Member

so not true
    statically... people who join cults are smarter than the average Joe
    Don't forget there are MANY ways that people get into the COS.
    Their dentists, their chiro, WAY TO HAPPINESS, SAY NO TO DRUGS, their job has an employee betterment program... ect....
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oh I know. :)
    Scientology attracts brainiacs like nobodys business.

Just hate to see the education wasted on a life in the cult.
  13. RightOn Member

indeed Golden, indeed
  14. DeathHamster Member

15. Anonymous Member

my friend said that they picked up the booklet for free at Yale. They said they took it because it was free and that there were coupons in the back of the book for places to eat and they were going out to lunch in town before heading back home.
    While flipping through the pages, they found that Dianetics ad.
  16. Anonymous Member

17. Anonymous Member

Did they tell you where at Yale, admissions, cafeteria, student services anything like that might be helpful.
  18. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

I believe they said they were visiting Woolsey Hall or Woosley Hall? However you spell it or say it
    And that is where they picked it up. They siad there were stacks of them
  20. Anonymous Member

The first spelling is correct thank you for the additional information:)
  21. DeathHamster Member

And yet, they're using the Dianetics Foundation alias to avoid mentioning Church of Scientology. (As if people won't recognize Hubbard's name.)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. Anonymous Member

I work in a university area. It fucking kills me to see these kids,who have all qualified to attend a major american college, some of them very naive to american culture being hit up by mormons, moonies, chi gong, etc. Love bombed thousands of miles from home and support. It makes me ill.

They advertise all the time here, but I see no boots on ground for scilons

Nothing to do about the planner except contact the company that produces them. Won't help this year, but they may think twice about soliciting Dianetics for ad money in the coming year.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. DeathHamster Member

Maybe they should just bring it out in the open and have a Cult Pledge Week? (With anti-cult info too.)
    • Like Like x 1
  24. wolfbane Member

Of course not. School newspapers operate at the discretion of their faculty/admin advisers AND not advertisers, so they won't give two shits about anything that doesn't roll down hill from the higher on-campus powers that be.

We need to know who the faculty adviser is for the Yale Daily News, and who sits on the "Yale College Council" from the logo on the front cover?
  25. Anonymous Member

Explain to them it's a straight forward case of the mis-sale of goods and services in their magazine- ie an extremist group that radicalises people advertising that they can offer counselling
  26. Anonymous Member

Ask them if they would be happy to accept advertising from a neo-nazi or KKK outfit?
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Speaking of New Haven, I go to New Haven pretty often to visit friends. Any CT Anon's around? I'd go as a normal public (no mask or anything) but I have some sign designed and I'd really like to miniraid.
  28. Nope, it would be a political act that would enrage the scilon community and cause butthurt among all the clams.

Fuck them, fuck their books, fuck LRH. Anonymous has all that shit available for free on the internet, so that anyone can read it without paying one thin dime to the cult of crime.
  29. Anonymous Member

bb160.jpg 317+-+naz+goebbels.gif
  30. Oh pleez.. Godwins?

Nazis burned books because they wanted to censor ideas - Anonymous burns books after uploading them for all people of Earth to laugh at without ever having to pay a dime or even speak to a cult member.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  31. Anonymous Member

If you want to express your dislike of a book write a review. If you burn the book instead you just look like an idiot.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  32. Anonymous Member

back to COS targeting Yale students and staff
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  33. anonysamvines Member

• Like Like x 1