Customize

Scientology usurps ANZAC acronym in Australia and New Zealand

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by CommunicatorIC, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Scientology usurps ANZAC acronym in Australia and New Zealand.

Mike Rinder: Thursday Funnies
    http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-6/

Please note this line in the Scientology ANZAC promo:
    Relevant Excerpt:
    • Like Like x 4
  2. White Tara Global Moderator

Massively disrespectful move, derpy cult.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. BigBeard Member

Considering previous such idiocy, this is surprising why??

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DeathHamster Member

Scientology will try to co-opt anything not nailed down. UN human rights, Winston Churchill & Battle of Britain, MLK Day, the Holocaust...
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Scientology broke Australian Law when it used the term ANZAC without permission.

As first noted by commentator I Yawnalot on Mike's blog, it appears Scientology broke Australian Law when it used the term ANZAC without permission.

The Australian Government Protection of the Word ANZAC Regulations
    http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2004C00015

provide in relevant part:
    • Like Like x 7
  6. BigBeard Member

Has anyone reported this travesty to the appropriate Australian authorities yet??

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Scientology also broke New Zealand Law when it used the term ANZAC without permission.

As noted above:
    It appears Scientology also broke New Zealand Law when it used the term ANZAC without permission.

Section 17 of the New Zealand Flags, Emblems, and Names Protection Act 1981, reprint as of 23 April 2014
    http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1981/0047/latest/DLM52224.html

provides:
    As set forth below, in the case of corporate body, such as the Church of Scientology, the fine is $50,000 plus $5,000 for each day of continuation.

The New Zealand Ministry of Culture and Heritage
    http://www.mch.govt.nz/nz-identity-heritage/anzac-day/anzac-guidelines

explains:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Incredulicide Member

Also, being a public holiday it's on a par with Scientology usurping the term Thanksgiving in the US and Canada.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 7
  9. White Tara Global Moderator

Yay, thx for posting, I think the good ship ANZO just hit a $50000 iceburg :D
    • Like Like x 3
  10. What do you expect from a cult founded by a fat drug addict that faked his war medals?
  11. Ersatz Global Moderator

fify
    • Like Like x 1
  12. DeathHamster Member

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Incredulicide Member

A follow-up story could very easily link this historically via stolen valour right back to LRH's false war claims.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Yep. A great lead in.

And donating to whatever toy Miscavige wants next - does not make you an ANZAC. Guys died there for us you disrespectful mofos
    • Like Like x 2
  15. YES, please link this historically via stolen valour right back to LRH's false war claims.
  16. DeathHamster Member

Or their other little tacky money campaigns.

scientology-churchill.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  17. RightOn Member

oh this is deelish
    Australia was supposed to be the first "cleared" wasn't it?
    How's that working out for you COS after all these years later?
    BWAH HA HA!!!!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Random guy Member

Good on Seymour for not letting them get away with it!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 7
  19. RightOn Member

Def. will be some new RPF'ers after this flap
    • Like Like x 1
  20. DeathHamster Member

But it was probably managed by Miscavige all the way: Take generic Ideal donation scam, insert most cherished local national symbol of courage and sacrifice, bake!

Well, it couldn't his fault, so they'll just have to find and RPF those PTS/SPs!
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Random guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  22. And now the story is on YouTube.

• Like Like x 7
  23. AnyOldName Member

• Like Like x 5
  24. RightOn Member

oh he definitely had the last word.
    But as we all know he is never to blame. I am sure he is looking for the person who will have his "head on a pike"
  25. That latest flyer is contemptible beyond words. You buy the status of ANZAC by donating $10000, do you?

And the 'Church' of Scientology awards you this status, do they, in the centenary year of the start of a war that was so devastating to so many young men from Australia and New Zealand?

The CoS is in need of a severe reality adjustment, and substantial financial sanctions for this latest outrage. Demand it, in memory of, and reverence to the true Anzacs who gave their all.
    • Like Like x 6
  26. Just to be clear, the first flyer also offers an award of ANZAC status for a donation of $10,000.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. The Internet Member

Whatever happened to donating to the needy with no thought of personal reward, apart from the satisfaction of making your community a more caring place to live?

I would be willing to pay someone to delete evidence of my having been named a Scientology Moron Meritorious. So it is pretty impressive how Scientology conditions its followers to cough up thousands for these goofy titles.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Random guy Member

Contemptible indeed.

Clams uses it as a status you can buy for ten grand, but someone did pay for making ANZAC a symbol with their life and limbs.

anzac-day-poppy-620x465.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  29. Thanks, RG. Still seething at the infinite cynicism of hijacking a revered term in an attempt to associate the squeezing of money out of ppl with all that it signifies.

It was no mistake, either, being part of a continuous pattern. The non-apology apology, in this context, is further evidence of the cynicism behind such calculated strategies.
    • Like Like x 3
  30. Quentinanon Member

A major lesson I learned from my time spent in the cult and after I left:
    In scientology there is no lowest low or bottom of the barrel.
    Scientology is about lying, cheating and defrauding.
    • Like Like x 5
  31. Quentinanon Member

Because in scientology, empathy and compassion are Human Emotion and Reaction, just aberrant behaviour that can be cleared away with scientology auditing and training, resulting in a Homo Superior.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. The Internet Member

No wants.
  33. Quentinanon Member

HOMO SUPERIOR
    masterman.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Quentinanon Member

Miscavige, the leader of the "most ethical people on the planet", will find scapegoats just like he did in the Lisa McPherson homicide.
    • Like Like x 1
  35. Incredulicide Member

That's what is known on the Le Show "Apologies of the Week" segment as an IFpology.
  36. RightOn Member

The flyer is about regging their sheeple $10,000 a pop to build them a new org.
    So if the COS gets fined, then the sheeple will also be paying for that fine of course.
    PAY PAY PAY.. the Scientology way
  37. RolandRB Member

I want to be an ANZAC - I want to be an ANZAC, dammit. People should be proud to be an ANZAC. ANZAC, ANZAC, ANZAC - ANZAC is good, ANZAC is good. Please, Church of Scientology, tell me what I need to do to become an ANZAC.

OK, give you $10,000.

Then I am really an ANZAC?

Whooooooopeeeeee !!!! :)

If you want to describe yourself as an ANZAC then you now know what to do!!