Customize

Scientology's BRING BACK TO LIFE tech

Discussion in 'Jett Travolta' started by pooks, Jan 11, 2009.

1. TheBitch Member

Re: Scientology's BRING BACK TO LIFE tech

Moar you say?

3189683296_c160640632.jpg?v=0.jpg
  2. Vir Member

Looks like an interview in the Scientology magazine Celebrity, but it would be useful to know the date/issue.
  3. whoever Member

I posted about it here. It's from an interview in Celebrity magazine, Minor issue #271 (1993). (Full-page scan is linked in other post.)

There were so many topics being created, I didn't want to make one just for this.
  4. Re: Scientology's BRING BACK TO LIFE tech

See, if only Johnny T had been sensible, and played D&D, he would have known the *real* way to bring someone back from the dead. Vin Diesel would have been right there, ready with the 5k in diamonds
  5. tendervittles Member

That seems to be directly related to it (with actual quotes), but I don't think the actual transcript is "generally" available. The sound files came without transcripts. I did manage to find the transcript for this one, but only as the Google-cached HTML version of a dead Freezoner PDF. (that's called lucky)

I was going to submit the whole thing to y'all, but the line breaks etc. at every line are so annoying. I've started reformatting it, but now I'm tired. If there is some keen demand, I'll finish it tonight -- otherwise, it might be next weekend.

I will give you the first paragraph of this lecture.

All right, you got it. Now I'm going to give you the $99 kick. I have been researching very, very hard. I have been researching very, very, very hard actually to find out why they kick in bad pictures, and why they kick in pictures at all. And, well, it's been a very long time I've been looking at this, a long time. And I finally unraveled it. So it is one hell of breakthrough. I've been interested in it because we're working with Expanded Dianetics, and it is one hell of a breakthrough. It is actually why people get sick. Pasteur came along in the last part of the 19th century and he invented germs [laughter], and it gave everyone and his brother an awful curve, because they do exist. But in the practice there is a thing called predisposition. Here's some marvelous words for you – predisposition. In other words, before the fact, the guy is disposed to get sick. And then there's precipitation and that means what precipitates this illness. Now he's already predisposed; this guy's going to get sick. Now he's suddenly sick; that's precipitated. The illness precipitated. And then he doesn't get well and that's called prolongation. In other words, it's just continuously gone on with. There's these three factors: predisposition, precipitation, prolongation.

6. tendervittles Member

OK, never mind, I finished it up. Some of the paragraph-making is a bit arbitrary, but at least now you can read it. Here it is:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
  7. cubby Member

8. basil Member

Just what I needed to finish off a flyer about Jett's mysterious death, thanks.
  9. Anon_1HG Member

10. Re: Scientology's BRING BACK TO LIFE tech

... Well, shit, now I know what I have to rasterbate to show to Cathy Norman next weekend.
  11. twistedpuppet Member

After reading that, I have to ask, when did Hubbard start with the whole "life assist" crap? If it was after D&D hit the scene, then we can be fairly certain he ripped it from D&D.
  12. none given Member

Proving Hubbard stole from Gygax would be to sweet.
  13. CherrieZ Member

zombie tech....
  14. Lednir Member

I've heard scientologist use 2nd edition rules.

"Raise Dead
    5th level.
    Restores life to a dwarf, gnome, half-elf, halfling or human.
    Must be cast within 1 day of death per level of caster.
    The person being raised must make a Fortitude save or die from the shock of being brought back to life." -Paraphrased from a 2nd edition rulebook.

This explains everything, Jett failed his fort. roll.
  15. Re: Scientology's BRING BACK TO LIFE tech

[IMG]
  16. azonymous Member

So, you think this might look a little weird to, say, an EMT? In the back of an ambulance...
  17. CantPickaName Member

We dont need no stinkin ambulance when we have Tom Cruise...sheeesh
  18. 727 Member

Yep, this proves it; L Ron is fuckin laughing in his grave. Seriously, isnt this horribly, idk, dangerous?? That a scilon will refuse medical help when someone is dead, to instead, tell them to get back in their body??

A thought came to mind though, can we confirm that Travolta was using Tone 40 as he was suppose to? I mean, in the sort of situation, isnt it possible he was just hysterical and yelling for them to come back?? Iv seen people yell that before in that situation, and they werent doing Scilon Science.

I think maybe thats why L Ron chose that sort of thing, to make the con seem half way believeable, because there is no denying that people do sometimes pop back into conciousness, and there are case studies of it happening in rare cases. Wouldnt it be SO easy for Tubbard to say 'Well of course they came back! The family cried for him to come back, so he did!' Boom, suddenly, the tech seems a tiny bit believable, and the conman and his dwarf understudy makes some money off new believers.
  19. firebug Member

And lets not forget the "Sober a drunk up assist"

20. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Must work - at least on South Park it does. How many times have they killed Kenny, anyway?
  21. firebug Member

Larry Brennen posted this today over at OCMB

22. amaX Member

Horrible.

I read stories like this and I wonder how it is that they lose all of their common sense and their decency. Larry Brennan seemed to still be in touch with his common sense and decency. He eventually tries to help this man, but it's too late. Then he gets sucked right back into the cult even though he stood there with other people and they let a man die.

It's simplistic, but when I hear stories like this, I always think of the little old lady with the walker out in L.A.: "Bad people!"
  23. Ravenmore Member

Wow.
    And if the fact that the handbook includes a story about someone coming back to life BECAUSE THEY FELT SORRY FOR THE PERSON THEY PAY MONEY TO FOR BULLSHIT doesn't reek of crap... then you are obviously in a coma.
    But don't worry. Scientologists can help, all they need to do is grope you a bit.

Heavens to Margatroid... how can people believe this? Wishful thinking?
  24. none given Member

It sounds simplistic but that's pretty much the whole story; bad people.
  25. chipmunkproof Member

oh god the part when it says "think of your poor auditor" just got me. Its so funny cause its so ridiculous. Like no one in the history of the planet has ever in a serious tone asked someone to come back to life. I forgot they arent magical like the scilions.
  26. Kage Member

Oh my God...

I can see the $cifag doctors doing that!

Epic lolz doth ensue.
  27. Vannaphrax Member

Ignorance, false hope and a meglomaniac tendency. : )
  28. darkshadow667 Member

Woohoo! I just learned RESSURECT! Now I can go to the next dungeon! Cannot WAIT to level THIS up!
  29. OTBT Member

30. novocherkassk Member

commenting in epic leak
  31. Re: Scientology's BRING BACK TO LIFE tech

yeesh, sounds like something out of WoW...(I'm no fan of WoW, for the record)
  32. Re: Scientology's BRING BACK TO LIFE tech

<Anonymous Akuma has learned "ARISE">
    <Anonymous Akuma casts "ARISE">
    <The spell has failed.>

Well isn't that just fucking fantastic.
  33. pedrofcuk Member

34. JohnnyRUClear Member

Shut up! You're making Ron wrong! SHUT UP!!!!!!