Customize

"Scientology's Lawyers threaten Anonymous"

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by anon4eva, May 15, 2008.

1. anon4eva Member

"Scientology's Lawyers threaten Anonymous"

Not sure of the reliability of site; But an interesting read :

Philadelphia Will Do

ooops
  2. SimpleCoax Member

Re: "Scientology's Lawyers threaten Anonymous"

I don't understand this thread and its title.
  3. anon4eva Member

Yeah, sorry about that...I have fixed it.
  4. Randomness Member

Someone needs to man the harpoons, get in contact with the local authorities and cancel the aids from Scientology's fauxtest.
  5. D... Member

The Philly Co$ is really active in trying to stave off peaceful protests. The permits, the giving letters to parents instead of the protester, and aren't they the city where the shopowners showed police the "Anonymous hate crimes" video?

I don't envy Philadelphianons.
  6. Re: "Scientology's Lawyers threaten Anonymous"

It's utterly weightless - anything like this can be ignored.

It's basically saying "don't do anything illegal, or we will prosecute you."

You're not doing anything illegal, so there's no problem.
  7. xenubarb Member

Here, I fixed it so it can be sent to orgs on Official Anonymous letterhead:

Since April, 1950, members of Scientology have engaged in a campaign of vandalism,
    harassment, and threats of violence against ex-members, its critics, and private property of both. Scientology members have made bomb threats, arson threats and committed acts of vandalism against critics. Individuals identified as being part of Scientology have made harassing phone calls, and posted threats on the internet and publicly threatened to kill critics engaged in protesting Scientology destructive practices.

As a further part of their campaign of terror, dead cats have been
    placed on more than one critics' doorstep.

Scientology members have also sent threatening emails to critic's homes. They
    have also created a misleading video purporting to be from Anonymous, in which
    bomb and death threats are featured. It should be noted that the high resolution version
    distributed by the "Church" of Scientology could not possibly have been copied from a
    low resolution video on Youtube, which suggests they own the master.

The cult has also staged other threats against itself, including sending wheat germ
    to more than twenty Scientology "churches" in Southern California.

Law enforcement authorities have been notified of these illegal activities.

We are sending you this letter because you have been identified as directing
    or leading actions of Scientology. We therefore are concerned that these activities
    may include its campaign of actual threats and incitements. We place you on notice
    that making threats, falsifying threats, or inciting violence against anonymous participants, and engaging in acts of terrorism (such as the simulated anthrax attack, making false
    bomb, arson, and death threat complaints) violate State and Federal law. We demand that you refrain from committing, or assisting others in committing, any illegal acts directed at Anonymous,their supporters, ex-members and critics of Scientology. Should Scientology continue inciting its members, and/or engage in violent acts against Anonymous participants, we are prepared to take whatever steps may be required to protect Free Speech, including referring any individual who commits such acts, or aids or assists others who commit such acts, to State and Federal authorities.
  8. Sanjuricus Member

One of the comments says to complain to the Bar....that is a brilliant idea. Anyone who recieves one of these letters should do so.
  9. Re: "Scientology's Lawyers threaten Anonymous"

Hm. They're getting off edge. All the protests are finally getting to them.

An obvious weakspot. This needs to be exposed.
  10. eksef Member

All that money to send a useless piece of paper. Co$, you are desperate.
  11. Re: "Scientology's Lawyers threaten Anonymous"

like the pre programed bots they are, they dont HAVE any other options other than to keep doing what they've always done, hence the letters like these.

unable to develop new tactics, they resort to the ones they do have. but Anonymous is immune to this.

you cant sue an Idea

our Dynamic, is more powerful than Hubbards lie

$cientologys "bag of tricks" does not include a solution to the Anonymous protests.
  12. D... Member

After March 15th, a large number of people got these letters. I think a couple of people did complain to the Bar, but nothing came out of it. At least, I don't think. There were a lot of threads about it.
  13. anon4eva Member

AHHH...that was poetry! So right on, that if it wasn't so good it would be scary!:guyfawkes:
  14. Gunslinger Member

Exactamundo.

Just keep focused, Anons. Scientology is a tired old game that still hasn't come up with an effective "solution" to the Protests. Remember, we have a word for things like this, when Scientologists try to "trump" constitutional rights:

"Footbullet."
  15. Major Boyle Member

Wrong. "Felony".
  16. Re: "Scientology's Lawyers threaten Anonymous"

Keep protesting. It's working.
  17. XenuLovesU Member

Anonymous yawns... and returns to taking down the cult.
  18. Re: "Scientology's Lawyers threaten Anonymous"

^^ THIS! ^^ Man the faxes!
  19. evey Member

i hope you don't mind xenubarb, i have added this to the letter response template thread i created for quick reference answers if anyone wants to send letters back to the legal firms that are sending these (which EVERYONE should, imo)

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/98-f...se-template-fairgamed-anons-12838/#post262101
  20. Re: "Scientology's Lawyers threaten Anonymous"

These limey CO$ bastards got nothin on us. Its just like what happened in NYC. They can't do shit to us so they go and tell our mommies. Nice non-existent balls scilon douches. Hold strong Philly-anons We all support you!
  21. lermanet_com Member

Re this particular lawfirm

A lawyer told me back in 1995 that scientology's copyright filings in my case RTC vs Lerma and Factnet's case, though filed by the local lawfirms, they appeared to be written by someone else... perhaps Rabinowitz and Boudine.. which was and is the main lawfirm for scientology's copyrights..

R&B has an interesting history, before the breakup of the Soviet Union, when there was a USSR, and you bought a copy of Shastokovitch.. the royalty would be collected by Rabinowitz and Boudine

They represented the USSR,

They also represented the ACP, the American Communist Party.. there was speculation that the ACP received funding from the copyright money flowing through R&B, shielded by attorney client privilege..much in the same manner that scientology currently shields itself from exposure by hiring one lawfirm to retain another lawfirm that then retains the sleazy PIs to mess with the target-du-jour.

Now they publicly represent the Fraud of Scientology.

It is interesting that a lawfirm that once worked exclusively in the background, is now forced to be in the foreground...relegated to writing defamatory letters to young men and women who dare practice constitutionally protected free assembly and speech. These letters amount to nothing more than evidence of a continued pattern of extortionate conduct in scientology's quest for silence.

29 November 1995 - Memorandum Opinion [ Full Text ]- Judge Leonie Brinkema

"the Court is now convinced
    that the primary motivation of RTC
    in suing Lerma, DGS and The Post
    is to stifle criticism of Scientology in general
    and to harass its critics. "

Man I wish we had a big lawfirm with a flush pro-bono account for the civil rights RICO from hell that ends scientology...
  22. Gunslinger Member

Felony, Footbullet - the same thing really.
  23. lermanet_com Member

More on Scientology's current letter writing lawfirm of Rabinowitz and Boudine.

From David Horowitz's FrontPageMag.Com:
    Hamilton College's Other Leftist Problem
    By Thomas Ryan
    FrontPageMagazine.com | February 3, 2005:

Nancy Rabinowitz, who started teaching at Hamilton in 1978, is Hamilton College's professor of Comparative Literature and director of the campus' Kirkland Project for the Study of Gender, Society and Culture.

In addition to the Ward Churchill invitation, Rabinowitz extended a job offer to domestic terrorist and last-minute Clinton pardon recipient Susan Rosenberg on behalf of the Kirkland Project.

However, Rabinowitz's ties to violent anti-Americanism go beyond mere emotional support; she has family ties to those who seek to overthow our government. Her father-in-law was renowned Communist proponent and lawyer Victor Rabinowitz, whose law firm -- Rabinowitz, Boudin, Standard, Krinsky and Lieberman -- has represented domestic terrorists, accused spies, and Cuban dictator Fidel Castro.]Rabinowitz defended his partner Leonard Boudin’s daughter and Weather Underground member Kathy Boudin, who was personally involved with the murders of three policemen.

Throughout the 1970’s, the Weather Underground was responsible for the bombings of the National Guard offices in Washington, D.C.; the U.S. Capitol Building; the New York City Police Headquarters; and the Pentagon. (Susan Rosenberg belonged to a group closely associated with the Weathermen.)

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=16883

My irony meter is broken....
    Scientology is not just running out of members
    they appear to be running out of lawfirms too

I am envious of anyone who got a letter like the one that was posted from this particular firm, you should frame it and hang it upon your wall... wow...
  24. Enturbonegro Member

That's awesome, and should be included in reply letters.
    "If we are indeed terrorists, why haven't you offered us pro bono advice yet?"
  25. Revanchist Member

Well let's not go overboard. I'm not generally a fan of law firms, but they are capable of being, well, not entirely wicked. This obituary of Victor Rabinowitz is interesting.

Leftist =/= evil.
  26. JRhumperdink Member

27. nala.smithee Member

Arnie,

I have great respect for your work in opposing CoS. However, I would urge caution in the case of lawyers or law firms. As I noted in another thread, good lawyers represent many kinds of clients in the interest of overall justice. For example, I think that NYCLU was right in representing the KKK in the anti-mask battle in 2002. Whether or not this particular law firm represented "anti-american" groups is not very persuasive unless you can show that they did so in a way that violated core american judicial principles. Now, if I were a lawyer I might make personal decisions about who to represent that were different from these particular lawyers. At the end of the day, however, I won't criticize them unless there's evidence of fraud, corruption, or miscarriage of justice.
  28. Major Boyle Member

How about we compromise. In future, Felony Footbullets will henceforth be known as Double Fs.
  29. anonspitfire Member

my friends, if you wanted proof of what we are doing to damage the co$, you just have to see the way the're acting...
    they're afraid of us.
  30. admiral_caek Member

You're missing an important aspect of this equation. The USSR was inherently anti-american.

The KKK had a legitimate constitutional issue (masked protest) and the outcome of such a case has an impact upon the entire country and future generations. It has nothing to do with harassing perceived enemies or making wild allegations.

Any lawyer that would sign that letter is not worthy of being spit upon. There's no civil liberty being defended here, only vicious attacks upon law-abiding citizens.
  31. AnonLover Member

it seems like now we need to take all the good info gathered here & elsewhere and maybe roll it into a press kit to send to a few respectable legal journals and lawyering mags to try & get some coverage that fires back our ammo on their own turf questioning their professional reputation.

any legalanons know good/possible outlets that might be approachable for something like that?
  32. lermanet_com Member

heh...

"VERMIN"
    If there is a stain on the record of our forefathers, a dark hour in the earliest history of the American Colonies, it would be the hanging of the "witches" at Salem.

But that was a pinpoint in place and time-- a brief lapse into hysteria. For the most part, our seventeenth century colonists were scrupulously fair, even in fear.

There was one group of people they feared with reason-- a society, you might say, whose often insidious craft had claimed a multitude of victims, ever since the Middle ages in Europe.

One group of people were hated and feared from Massachusetts Bay to Virginia. The Magistrate would not burn them at the stake, although surely a great many of the colonists would have recommended such a solution. Our forefathers were baffled by them.

In the first place, where did they come from? Of all who sailed from England to Plymouth in 1620, not one of them was aboard.

"VERMIN." That's what the Colonist called them. Parasites who fed on human misery, spreading sorrow and confusion wherever they went. "DESTRUCTIVE." They were called.

And still they were permitted coexistence with the colonists. For a while, anyway. Of course there were colonial laws prohibiting the practice of their infamous craft. Somehow a way was always found around all those laws.

In 1641, Massachusetts Bay colony took a novel approach to the problem. The governors attempted to starve the "devils" out of existence through economic exclusion. They were denied wages, and thereby it was hoped that they would perish.

Four years later, Virginia followed the example of Massachusetts Bay, and for a while it seemed that the dilemma had been resolved. It had not, somehow the parasites managed to survive, and the mere nearness of them made the colonists skin crawl.

In 1658, In Virginia, the final solution: Banishment; EXILE. The "treacherous ones" were cast out of the colony. At last, after decades of enduring the psychological gloom, the sun came out and the birds sang, and all was right with the world. And the elation continued for a generation.

I'm not sure why the Virginians eventually allowed the outcasts to return, but they did. In 1680, after twenty-two years, the despised ones were readmitted to the colony on the condition that they be subjected to the strictest surveillance.

How soon we forget!

For indeed over the next half century or so, the imposed restrictions were slowly, quietly swept away. And those whose treachery had been feared since the Middle ages ultimately took their place in society.

You see, the "vermin" that once infested colonial America, the parasites who prayed on the misfortunes of their neighbors until finally they were officially banished from Virginia, those dreaded, despised, outcasts, masters of confusion were lawyers.

>From "Paul Harvey's" The rest of the story.
  33. lermanet_com Member

yes..

Each of Rabinowitz and Boudine's thought stopping diatribes should be thoroughly refuted in kind, and framed by the history of the firm and cited as evidence that the Fraud of Scientology is running out of law firms willing to stoop to David Miscavige's desired level of decadence. AND sent to the NY State Bar Association...
  34. avatar2008 Member

@Arnie
    You mean L&W may have stopped representing them? :wbmorly:
  35. anon.il Member

Ok, so wait.

If Scientology can send lawyers with bogus claims to random people's homes and put them on notice.. could we put these lawyers on notice as well?

Just a thought.
  36. Valiant Member

we will SUE YOU!
  37. lermanet_com Member

true..

Anyone can act as their own lawyer 'pro-se'
    I did in RTC vs Lerma for a while
  38. Anne Ominous Member

If they're having to move from firm to firm, then keep complaining to the Bar. Make these villains incapable of finding any legal representation, and they'll be moar castrated than David Miscavige.
  39. xenubarb Member

Everything I post here is for the use of all, should they find it useful. Thanks for the ack! ;)
  40. jane Member

Arnie,

What is the difference between pro per and pro se? Just curious.

Also, is it possible to find out how many evil cults, evil law firm whores itself out to? Letter head should read "No client too depraved, no act too heinous" .

IMO the following fulfills all criteria included above:

todaysthv.com | KTHV | Little Rock, AR | THV Extra Part II: Tony Alamo Comes To Fouke

Rabinowitz, Boudin, Standard, Krinsky & Lieberman, P.C.

"Providing legal cover and comfort to evil and dangerous cults (IMO) since before the Marcab invasion"

Cheers,

J.