Customize

Scientology's Tendency to Exploit Children in the Sea Org (USA)

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by AnonLover, May 31, 2011.

1. AnonLover Member

In the past, clrwfags tried to exploit child labor situations in FL with reporting it to amnesty international, etc. As far as we know (AMA2 can confirm) this is an open file pending somewhere in the world but we just didnt have enough ummmppphhh to get this past poonage into the BIG WIN zone.

In the present, we got the Daniel Montalvo court case pending, which exemplifies the issue of CofS benefiting from the US tendency to turn a blind eye to anything related to a religion, which seemingly includes child labor law violations.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/50133294/Daniel-Montalvo-vs-Church-of-Scientology-1-of-2
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/50133480/Daniel-Montalvo-vs-Church-of-Scientology-2-of-2

With the thought that Montalvo's cases could be used later on to get more scrutiny placed on child labor violations in the US, I've been stewing on ideas of "how" and "thru whom" we could go about that. Then recent episode of 60 minutes re: child labor amonst US farm workers got my wheels lubed and spinning.

From The Child Labor Coalition website:
    60 Minutes Piece on Child Farmworkers Misses the Mark

For those with expert pooning skills (not something i excel at so leaving this juicy opportunity for those with better skillz), The Child Labor Coalition looks like an excellent resource/ally to have in our corner or atleast be in their good graces of relaying info relevant to their concerns (like Montalvo's cases).

---

Other things worth knowing - there's a major footbullet on the subject of univeral human rights specifically for children, from years back, that Obama & our Congresscritters need to get with the [UN] program and set straight sooner rather than later.

Also From The Child Labor Coalition website:
    Let Congress know that you want it to ratify the Convention on the Rights of the Child

Brite Idea: if the US was to finally get onboard and sign the CRC international treaty, we might have a new powerful platform/venue for pursuing the cult's child labor law abuses in the Sea Org with a vengence!

So shout out to ALL USA yankfags: Pay it Forward Legion... this could benefit us in the long run, SIGN THE ONLINE PETITION LINK(S) QUOTED ABOVE. Plus get friends, family, significant others, etc to sign it too.

also ploz post ITT any other ideas and/or harpooning done to the Child Labor Coalition, Unicef, Obama et al etc. etc. on the subject of scientology child labor law abuse in the sea org. We havent looked at this closely in awhile, and in light all the farmworker stir brewing in the media right now, seems like a good time to be re-inserting our 10cents worth (it's not just farmworkers...) wherever we can.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. RightOn Member

nice to strike when the iron is hot as they say!

They already had a head start in AU
    You are right, time to bring this more into the light now that they have people's attention.

Perfect timing with the farming story and all that is going on with the new AU Charity Commision, and the Eastgate story is the icing on the cake.

Today Tonight Part 1
    July 7th 2008

3. Anonymous Member

4. RightOn Member

also do not forget the Cadet Org
    the ex sci kids site has a great write up on The Sea/Org Cadet org if anyone needs that info for pooning
    http://exscientologykids.com/seaorg.html

also here:
    Evidence of disturbing neglect of Scientology children?
    "Some documents have come my way which show that the lot of children within
    Scientology's Cadet Estates Organization [CEO] evidently is a rather poor
    one. Whether this is the fault of the parents or the organization is a
    debatable point - if the parents are acting in accordance with the rules of
    the organization, who has the primary responsibility? As the documents
    probably are copyrighted, I won't post the whole text, so here's a short
    summary."
    http://members.chello.nl/mgormez/childabuse/scamizdette.html
  5. JohnnyRUClear Member

This is where we're going to diverge in a very fundamental way. While I absolutely oppose the reign, or even the continued existence (in its present form?) of the "Church of Scientology", I just as strongly oppose the so-called "United Nations". It is every bit the threat to national sovereignty that the CoS is, and actually more since it presently enjoys a great deal of acceptance and perceived legitimacy amongst many sane and decent people (and no lolXenu).

Rather than rant at length, I'll point out just one key objection: The UN is entirely beyond my control; I get no vote in anything there. Despite that, it purports to be an authority to which all countries should be held accountable, as witness your language in the OP:

To whom does the UN report? Who holds that entity accountable, and to what?

All forms of global tyranny should be opposed, and for the same reason; that includes entities trying to appear friendly and "good". The enemy of your enemy isn't always your friend. While the UN would certainly be a convenient source of perceived legitimacy to which to turn in seeking to squelch the cult, I'll continue using other means instead.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Anonymous Member

7. RightOn Member

A while back Anons tried to get Amnesty International interested in COS human trafficking didn't they?
    And nothing happened.
    Maybe they would be interested in the exploitaiton of COS children?
  8. AnonLover Member

yeah i haz issues with UN as well. but felt thats neither here nor there because I wouldnt be looking to them to force the US to do shit....nonetheless its still an international treaty that we're the only one in the world not signed on too (sans somalian pirates). To me the issue here is lack of commitment for national accountability, and not international enforcement cuz God only knows the UN wont do much more than blah blah blah sessions.

but election season is coming, and Obama gots alot of grandstanding & speechmaking to do. Getting him to make a national commitment to enforcing child labor laws at the same level as the rest of the world still presents HUGE potential for future poonage venues & angles in places where we dont currently have a good foot in the door yet. and we need to change that... so why not go with the flow and use whatev long standing initiatives are readily available?
  9. JohnnyRUClear Member

Going with the flow is great as long as the flow is going where you want to go. I don't want "a world effectively controlled by the United Nations" any more than I want one effectively controlled by L. Ron Hubbard's disciples. That their control is not yet all that effective is hardly a reason to blithely shovel legitimacy in their direction.
  10. Ann O'Nymous Member

Worth a try, IMHO.
  11. WMAnon Member

Oh no! They might support womens rights and tell you to make sure your people have clean drinking water available! Quick, start beheading the prisoners before they take that away from you, too!
  12. timthephoto Member

it might be useful to mention the methods sea org uses to recruit young people, namely the scilon school system (delphi/greenfields) and how clam parents are pressured
  13. Just out of curiosity, are you okay with other treaties? Any power the UN has in this area is given by countries when they sign the treaty. The same countries can get out of the treaties if they don't like it.

In the US, treaties have to be ratified by the senate and then are given the force of law by the constitution. If treaties didn't have any legal status they would be meaningless.

While it is a further degree removed from the electorate in general, the people who have the power to accept or reject treaties are themselves elected.
  14. JohnnyRUClear Member

Treaties are constitutional (obviously), but not every kind of treaty. A treaty to create a world government is not a proper treaty per the Constitution.

There's not going to be agreement on this, I'm sure. I expect to be in the minority here, and to be regarded as an SP obstructionist or whatever. Oh well. We'll each take the actions we find appropriate.

Not addressing your other points now, since GTG. Sorry.
  15. AnonLover Member

But the only kind of treaty relevant ITT is not for creating a UN based world government, its for extending a specialized subset of universal human rights protection specifically for children. And the 2nd protection, as per :30 mark in vid in OP, is for protecting children from being exploited.

EDIT: relevant info explaining the 1989 CRC treaty details
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_on_the_Rights_of_the_Child
    http://www2.ohchr.org/english/law/crc.htm

The sea org is exploiting children and is violating that "right to be protected from exploitation" and I for one think our government should be held accountable for allowing that to happen (once Montalvo's cases come to fruition)

and as OP states - I was/am stewing on ideas for how and where to make that happen. If you got better ideas for where we can find a ready made platform and/or possible venue for further targeting the cult's abuse of child labor laws - do tell... I'd <3 to hear it, cuz signing the petitions aint enough for me, I'd like to poon this long and hard and bang away at it from more than one angle while there's some related hot topic interests also brewing & garnering media attention.

fire's hot - i put my pokers on the table, gimme some more that doesnt violate your UN bigotry?
  16. I don't think you are an SP (or really that there is such a thing). I just find your position interesting.

I don't really see how the UN is a world government if any powers they have to act within a country are explicitly given by sub-treaties -- like the rights of the child -- and not part-and-parcel of joining the UN.

I would say the larger issue is that most "democracies" have governments that are not advancing the interests of their people and that their foreign policy decisions are generally a reflection of this, including what treaties they do and don't ratify or enforce.
  17. AnonLover Member

Additional Dox I gots readily gathered (over & above Daniel Montalvo complaints in OP) for possible Harpoon Fodder & Attachment Ammo on the subject of scientology exploiting children:
    We also got these video gems to add to the Aussie expose (any more?):

Other possibly relevant stuff can be found on wikileaks.ch category:scientology
    Contact info for pooning Obama (either for supporting for the UN/UNICEF CRC treaty or some other angle on scientology child labor issues)
    Contact info for pooning US Department of Labor or Obama's Secretary of Labor
  18. Anonymous Member

19. BigBeard Member

Ummm...if the U.S. is one of only two countries that haven't signed on to this UN Convention, why are children still being exploited by the Cof$ in other countries??? Say for instance, the kids in the Australian TV news show shown to be working long hours, etc.. No one, including the UN, intervened for those kids. So, exactly, what difference would the US signing on to this UN Convention make?? Other that making it look like the UN is actually doing something when they aren't actually.

Personally I believe a more direct impact will be made by repeatedly getting the facts in the media, and using that media attention to force Child Protective Services, or whatever it's called in other places, to act.

BigBeard
    • Like Like x 2
  20. AnonLover Member

It creates a possible harpoonage venue - the prez has to call congress to ratify, a commitment is made by our federal government to uphold the additional human rights protections extended to prevent the exploitation of kids, and we have public servants to hold accountable for having some balls to 'put their money with their mouths' is so to be speak - uphold that higher standard and clean up some much needed mess at the cult's international HQ and mecca.

and if they continue to turn a blind eye to whats in their own backyards, well then we also got a venue to bawl too that our own Country is saying one thing and doing another. (not that i would expect that to yeild anything... its just about garnering some leverage somewhere/somehow for one of the bigger issues at hand)
  21. JohnnyRUClear Member

Fair enough: Keep hammering at the local/national agencies? Keep pooning the media? Or just keep bleeding the cult dry and watch all of its abuses end as the cult itself withers away? I do think that is what is happening, no matter what any particular government does or on what timetable those official actions occur.

I love your passion. Even if we never agree about the UN, I'm glad you care about this. Thank you -- and thank you for prodding me for more suggestions. (Rest assured I'll post anything useful I ever manage to come up with here at WWP, and of course I know you'll do the same.)

Have you read the UN Charter? Quite a few powers are granted, mostly to the Security Council. There is some language about not interfering in the internal affairs of sovereign nations, but there's also weasel wording allowing it when it's deemed necessary.

But there's a quicker way to explain the problem than sifting through those kinds of dox:
    I agree. So here's a question: if the government you have in your country, which is staffed by people for whom you get to vote (leaving any possible vote fraud issues aside, for the sake of discussion), is not behaving itself to your liking... is the answer to that problem to be found in another, more remote governmental entity which is staffed by people for whom you don't get to vote?

The US is supposed to be governed according to the Constitution, which contains a bill of rights. We all know (yes, that phrase gets abused, but it's true in this instance) that the US government doesn't always restrain itself accordingly. Justifications are found and exceptions are made. What would cause a more remote, less democratic governmental entity to behave itself any more properly or accountably?

I believe the solution lies in the direction of bringing the power closer to the people, not pushing it further away.
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Not saying that the UN is a solution more that the lack of functional democracy in a lot of the members states is the more significant problem rather than the structure of the UN itself.
  23. xenubarb Member

Instead of cluttering up the issue by arguing about the UN, focus on the fact that the UN has some cred with officials, and it wouldn't hurt to get them on our side regarding cult and human rights issues.
    • Like Like x 1
  24. AnonLover Member

^^This is what sort of led me to the CRC treaty. We've done all we can for the time being with the Amnesty International case file, and thats akin to the FBI investigation -- its gonna take time, lots of time... meanwhile the abuses continue.

So I ax'd myself - if not AI, who else can we turn to thats got more sway with government officials than no-name activists dancing in the streets?

my googlefu on organizations defending child labor issues in the US turned up: UN Human Rights Council & UNICEF (who of course concentrate ALL their efforts around the standards mandated by CRC Treaty); The Catholic Church (who surprisingly have done 10times more for combatting child labor practices abroad & getting nations to sign the treaty than everybody else combined); The Child Labor Coalition & International Rescue Committee (who posted petitions in OP... all their efforts in the US also focused on getting CRC treaty ratified). Hell even the ACLU blog had mention of our lack participation in CRC treaty at the forefront of the "Human Rights" section.

iow - everybody and their brother who could possibly halp us take the game of stopping child slave labor in the sea org to the next level (post Montalvo court case outcome) has damn good reason to shrug their shoulders and say "Meh... nothing we can do in the US, your greedy gubmint doesnt consider protecting children's human rights a profitable endeavor"

so WTH - politics is a give and take. Even tho i personally have a lot of dislike for UN in general, I'm more than happy to give them the turf of advocating/pressuring conformance on global human rights issues if that in turn enables us to pursue support and assistance from other organizations akin to AI (UNICEF, IRC, CLC & ACLU). So we pay it fwd with supporting their petitions, and what goes around - comes around... that treaty gets ratified and suddenly we got venues for potential allies & partners in fighting for our interests as well as a batch of smarmy politicians that opt to jump on the CRC bandwagon for their own self-promotional interests and then become a defacto captive audience to hearing our scilon concerns later on.
  25. xenubarb Member

• Like Like x 2
  26. AnonLover Member

Nice! i like this bit from the opening
    nao there's another possible footpath thru the jungle for getting a venue to have another hot poker in the fire somehowz...

VICTIMS OF TRAFFICKING AND VIOLENCE PROTECTION ACT OF 2000

Trafficking Victims Protection Act - U.S. Department of State

TRAFFICKING VICTIMS PROTECTION ACT OF 2000 FACT SHEET

hmmmm.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. AnonLover Member

also - for the UN initiative naysayers... one last parting thought if u will, re: how the treaty shi- is stil useful to us without giving it any actual support:

We have Jan Eastgate CCHR scandal on the one hand, & there's the other obvious counterpart that seems we have only lobbyied one good blow at - the cult's other human rights front group, YFHR (Scientology Front Group: Youth for Human Rights)

YFHR International has a a history of sucking the UN Human Rights Council's cock (see here and here)

Why no UN Council on the Rights of the Child support? Instead, they primarily dish up Say No To Drugs (and yes to Narconon) campaigns, with a lil smidge of WTH & Universal Human Rights Declaration on the side for flavor.

So obvious question comes to mind - why doesnt the cult's Youth for Human Rights group thats based in the US advocate this huge discrepancy in the U.S. on the global human rights front?

I say - because you dont shi- in your front yard. Cult cant pump youth group support towards making sure children are not exploited when the sea org cheap labor mill is largely replenished via under-educated public scilon kids sucked into the sea org to be chewed up & spit out.

so we can potentially mock scientology's 2 biggest human rights crusades on both fronts (CCHR & YFHR) with this UN CRC angle. You dont have to support it to be a dick & question WHY cultie human rights kids dont support it. Jus sayin.
  28. you know, there is this new show airing on CNBC called crime inc http://www.cnbc.com/id/42767515/
    as far as news networks go cnbc is so much more stomach able than most.
    so this got me thinking with all the shit hitting the fan regarding cos abuses maybe we can start a campaign to get cnbc's crime inc intrested in the cos.
    i know its going to take alot of work but i believe its doable especially with all the foot bullets the cos has been getting lately. if anyone is intrested in working on this let me know...
    • Like Like x 1
  29. Puppetmama Member

30. AnonLover Member

(comes bak to soap box, one mo' time... with different ammo)

So ok - last thought on the general subject of petition signing poonage efforts... fking change.org is awesome. We've pwnd it before when Obama got elected, perhaps we're due to make use of it again.

RE: Universal Child Labor Laws and the USA not extending special protections to ensuring a kid's right to be protected from exploitation.

Since the USA has dissed the UN CRC treaty for over twenty years, perhaps our government needs called out on actually doing something on their own accord to make up for that intolerable bucket of FAIL elsewise. And if we can get a good simple angle on that somehow, anon can start their own damn change.org petition and promote the bloody hell out of it.

Question(s) is - what should the USA be doing about it within their own borders? and who do we target with something like that (Dept of Labor, ICE, Judiciary Committee, State Dept, Obama etc)?

I dunno... but just WAG outloud - National Child Exploitation hotline & sum funding for a few safehouse/shelter programs comes to mind.

Wouldnt it be nice if the Daniel Montalvo's of the world had a totally neutral emergency refuge & rescue option other than Rinder & Rathbun? And what about the sea org kids like Daniel & the sex trafficked foreign youths in the vanity fair expose, who do NOT know anybody on the outside to even reach out too... who do they call if they successfully make a run for it?

anyone got other similar thoughts along this line?
  31. subgenius Member

32. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology’s elaborate use of child labor for pennies an hour, spelled out in black and white

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, May 21, 2018

Quote:

Sunny Pereira has become a very effective technical expert here at the Bunker, helping us understand Scientology’s arcane ideas. And lately, she’s been going back over some of her own career in the church, and digging out some documents, the sort you don’t see every day.

Sunny joined the Sea Org in 1985 when she was only 12 years old. She left 19 years later, in 2004, and then was presented with this invoice that November. It’s asking her to pay for the job training she got as a 12-year-old. (See the “all the above courses are with the minor rate” notation.)

We asked her to explain what we’re looking at, and to help us understand why, nearly 20 years later, Scientology would be billing someone for the job training they got as a pre-teen.

SunnyInvoice-e1526866537684.jpg

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2018/05/21/s...nnies-an-hour-spelled-out-in-black-and-white/
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

First person: In Scientology, children are punished for being kids

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, June 15, 2018

Quote:

Once again, our technical expert Sunny Pereira has supplied us with a remarkable glimpse into growing up in Scientology and serving in the Sea Org. We learn that when you have a planet to clear, terrorizing children is just an unavoidable feature of the job.

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2018/06/15/first-person-in-scientology-children-are-punished-for-being-kids/
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

In the Sea Org, no one can hear you scream: Another small slice of Scientology horror

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, June 27, 2018

Quote:

Sunny Pereira has another startling tale from her days in Scientology’s Sea Org today. With medical standards like these, it’s a miracle there haven’t been more deaths (that we know of.)

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2018/06/27/i...am-another-small-slice-of-scientology-horror/
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

Scientology ‘disconnection’ and the incalculable damage it does to children

By Sunny Pereira, The Underground Bunker, September 20, 2018

Excerpt:

If our mom wants to come back and try to show love for this family, she will be welcomed. We don’t want explanations or excuses. Just start over. But again, I ain’t holding my breath anymore.

https://tonyortega.org/2018/09/20/s...-the-incalculable-damage-it-does-to-children/
    • Like Like x 1
  36. The Wrong Guy Member

Is David Miscavige making changes to Scientology to fend off media glare?

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, September 21, 2018

Quote:

One of our tipsters forwarded this message to us that showed up on Facebook. It appears to claim that Scientology’s Sea Organization now requires new members to be at least 16 years old and to have a high school diploma.

https://tonyortega.org/2018/09/21/i...anges-to-scientology-to-fend-off-media-glare/
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

Since this thread has most of the recent mentions of Sunny Pereira, I'll add this here:

When the person who certified Scientology ‘Clears’ discovered that there were no Clears

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, November 26, 2018

Quote:

We have a very special item for you today, one of Sunny Pereira’s best pieces yet. There were few people in a better position to raise these questions about one of Scientology’s central mysteries — the ‘Clear.’

Continued at https://tonyortega.org/2018/11/26/w...-clears-discovered-that-there-were-no-clears/