Customize

Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

Discussion in 'St Petersburg Times expose' started by blownforgood, Jul 31, 2009.

1. AnotherMrPink Member

Re: Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

There is currently one lawsuit in Clearwater and its the Brennan wrongful death by his mother. Its against CoS, not DM and is really unrelated to current SPT articles so no witness tampering. I asked people if they got it and the ones that did basically said they looked at it, said "WTF!?!?" and threw it away with the other junk mail.
  2. xenubarb Member

Nope. I was thinking of taking some shots of the pages with my camera. I think that might turn out better than a scan. It would certainly solve the moire problem. Piccie format is 17"x22" which should turn out to be useful. Gotta wait until my copy arrives, however.
  3. basil Member

Scientologists earlier.

4. Re: Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

Sec checks cost money.
    Going back and repeating a bunch of coursework and auditing costs money.
    Some clams will actually pay it over and over again.
  5. mrfyde Member

I had forgotten about that, it could get interesting w/ "Kingpin's" claims of tampering with evidence, and involvement with the dwarf's family members. :)
  6. Sponge Member

In that case, here some hints..
    Photographing and Scanning Old Photos and Documents | The Subchaser Archives
    Yeah its OTT but there's some bits of info there that might be useful without all the elaborate constructions.
    Basically, use plenty of diffused light. Being a top SP, you will probably have fine net curtains which are really good at diffusing natural light.
  7. Herro Member

How is that in any way jury tampering and not just scientology exercising it's free speech rights? What you are saying is basically that nobody has the right to publicly repond to public claims made against them. Hell by your logic everyone who spoke out in the SP times is guilty of jury tampering.
  8. Re: Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

Holy fuckshit. This is weird. Really, frothing, twitching weird. This is being dropped on wogs and publics? Fucking footbullet.
  9. anonymous44 Member

inorite?
  10. NCSP Member

(sigh...) I just don't understand people. To me, the crazier something looks, the faster it goes to the top of my 'to read' pile.
  11. Optimisticate Member

The best part is that someone thought this was a really good idea.
  12. gizmogirl Member

Someone short and drunk. It boogles the mind to think of what ideas Slappy M rejected as stupid.
  13. Anonymous Member

Well, well well.. finally read the FailMag 80 page thing-a-ma-bob
    It was very entertaining.
    Every click revealed more and more lies and trumped up numbers. I was surprised it was as bad as it was. I mean if they wanted to look like a normal organization AT ALL defending themelves, they failed miserably. It was like reading a jr. high school "then he said , and then she said" note.
    I couldn't be happier this piece of crap came out, because NOBODY could have done a better job of making them look more foolish then they already are.

I particualry liked the "Recycled News" award they gave to Childs and Tobin.
    Talking about a pot calling a kettle black. Wow. COS is the KING of recycled news. What nerve.

They should of called it the How Can We Possibly Fuck Up More Magazine....
    How To Bullshit Your Way Through Footbullets and Make Them Into Bigger Ones
  14. Little_Sister Member

I have to say, I love how nice they made the Boston 'Ideal Org' on page 27. Namely photoshopping it white, layering nice windows over the boarded ones , adding the flags and decorative fence on the roof, and finally shooping out the ghetto beauty shop on the first floor. Top notch!
  15. DeathHamster Member

Remember when Tom Cruise fired his wog publicity wrangler, who'd been keeping the lid on him for years? Remember how Tom just couldn't understand how he looked like a complete mental case to normal people even before the medal of honor videos were leaked? "Fuck you! Seriously!"

Scientology's new motto:

We're loud! We're proud!
    We're completely Woo-Woo!
  16. Herro Member

I'm telling you, this reeks of hubris. I also think that this is primarily for the benefit of scientologists who are still "in." It's basically posturing and saying "See, we're standing up to those evil SPs. All is well. Go about your business and buy more courses."
  17. Anonymous Member

But is it worth it to make new enemies by shoving this in random peoples' mailboxes?
  18. TinyDancer Member

I agree re the hubris. I pop-psych diagnose narcissistic personality. David Miscavige can't face the reality that his ideas aren't brilliant.

The mag was intended both for scientologists and wogs (after all it WAS mailed out to wogs) - a marketing faux pas if there ever was one. I think they just don't comprehend that their usual marketing strategies for believers aren't appropriate for non-believers. ie. No freaking idea.
  19. TomVorm Member

20. Re: Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

Wasn't their excuse for why the Cruise vid was so crazy-sounding was it wasn't meant for the general public, but for members? And that was why it was such a bad thing it was leaked? How are they going to explain this one, when they spread the shit themselves?
  21. OHSHI Member

22. TomVorm Member

A discussion of the "Merchants of Chaos" ad appeared on another thread (and on my browser, the ad was there at the top of the page too):

The Merchants of Chaos
  23. TinyDancer Member

That's really interesting, because it's on a board for sports journalists.

One comment:
  24. Little_Sister Member

Fucking NICE. Scientology just hands us this shit, they are their worst enemy and I don't understand how they haven't learned this by now.
  25. Anonymous Member

You have to remember, Scientology is like a fire engine out rushing to a fire. What are a few dogs barking at their tires?
  26. eddieVroom Member

They should chant that at CCHR protest marches...
  27. NCSP Member

Yeah -- "We're here! We're Clear! Get used to it while you can because one or two more footbullets and we're pretty much up shit creek!" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
  28. PagAnon Member

29. happy feet Member

^^^^ 0/10 for thread derail attempt.
  30. PagAnon Member

Fail. It correlates to the stupidity of the scilons and the lulz of the french launch gone wrong.
  31. Anonymous Member

32. PagAnon Member

thank you kind person! This comic has been very much saved to my hard drive :D
  33. Vir Member

I think they said it was "taken out of context". Which of course is a meaningless statement and/or a lie unless you explain exactly how the context changes its meaning.

"It was taken out of context because Tom Cruise was acting crazy on purpose, as a cautionary example for Scientology training" would have been a valid objection of missing context.

"It was taken out of context because we didn't intend this to be seen by outsiders" is not a valid objection to context.

If you think in the sense of fire engine used in the book Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury, that is actually accurate.
  34. Anonymous Member

Yeah,, there was one on Glosslip, right after their SP Times Article!
    I guess because it's a Google ad, they can't control what pops up on their site?
  35. OmitShod Member

36. Anonymous Member

So, I bet the brainwashed think we are helping them because we are sharing this magazine....I bet they think the joke is on us and we are helping spread it.....because they are morons....Like their leader, David Miscavige.
  37. Suzette Member

Hey, I've been in the Internetless woods for a week, and I'm still getting caught up on these threads.

Cost of printing a thing like this would depend greatly on number of copies they put out. But it would be on the order of two cents a magazine. You can find some price estimators by googling "color offset printing cost" and try out different combos yourself. Of course if they print it in their own shop, it would be much less because there would be no labor costs.

One thing I'm not following is that the magazine has a huge emphasis on allegations that Miscavige squirreled the tech. The SP article doesn't seem to go into this, and I would guess that no one at the SP Times cares whether Scientologists want to change their own stuff. Did I miss something?
  38. Zak McKracken Member

<3 BFG
    <3 BvS
  39. Anonymous Member

Yeah, that sure sounds like a religion, talking about its sales.
  40. Re: Scilon Freedom Magazine strikes back at SP Times!!

Ahh you think its plastic surgery - I thought he was really sick.

footbullets.png