Customize

ScnTO's Very Own Last Chance Thread

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by DeathHamster, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom_Cruise Member

How'd you get your hands on this??!? I was told these would be kept private.
  2. Tourniquet Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  4. Anonymous Member

5. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anonymous Member

LOL, I love having a real live clam here to laugh at.

Are you "at cause over life" yet ScnTO??

LOL!!
  7. Anonymous Member

This would be such a funny poster to hold at one of the protests.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Tourniquet Member

And nary a word needed on't
  9. DeathHamster Member

10. Anonymous Member

The Church of Scientology encourages people to quote L. Ron Hubbard at every possible opportunity. They would rather you quote LRH than give some thought or opinion of your own.

When I was in Scientology, I became really good at this. I was responsible for writing scripts, speeches, magazines and promotional copy. And of course these had to be peppered with “As LRH says…” and “According to LRH” and so on. I was an OEC/FEBC grad, had studied most Policy, and many HCOBs and lectures. I got so I could find just the right quote in minutes.

Cramming Officers got good at this too – being able to pull just the right reference or quote out of a hat. Managers too, had to reference the right Policy for every action they recommended, so they got good at finding and supplying the exact right quote at the right time.
    Impressive.

But don’t mistake it for thinking.
    After I left the Church, I found myself in the interesting position of having to think about things. My new friends and co-workers didn’t care what L. Ron Hubbard thought. They wanted to know what I thought. So I had to think about things. And I started reading. I got curious about what other people thought – philosophers, thinkers, just ordinary people. I felt like my own rusty thinking mechanisms were starting to slowly turn. I couldn’t just quote. I had to think.

It’s a hard habit to break. Some people still have the quoting habit years after they’ve left the Church. In fact, you sometimes see conversations on some of the Independent Scientology blogs that go like this:

Bob: This whole situation is explained by HCOB ____, where LRH says…
    Frank: Excellent quote, Bob. It reminds me of the lecture where LRH says…
    Bob: Spot on Frank. And remember that in the Policy Letter of ____, he also said…
    Frank: Great find, Bob. And he also said…

And this goes on and on. Really, this is what passes for conversation with some people.

Sure, it’s fine to quote people. It’s fine to pass articles and quotes you like to your friends. But how about giving it a break and quoting someone else? Like Gandhi or Abraham Lincoln or Kurt Vonnegut or John Stewart? Or how about not quoting anyone, just writing what you think and feel. How about just writing your opinion without having to reference anyone?

And for those who don’t think there is anything wrong with the above conversation, let me run it past you again in a slightly different version:

Bob: This whole situation is explained by Reverend Moon in his lecture where he says…
    Frank: Excellent quote, Bob. It reminds me of the lecture where Father Moon says…
    Bob: Spot on Frank. And remember that in his book, Father Moon also said…
    Frank: Great find, Bob. And Reverend Moon also said…

Creepy, right? Cult-like even?
    But it’s a habit you can break.
    When someone asks for your opinion, give your opinion.

And when that perfect LRH quote pops into your mind, ask yourself ,“do I agree with this? What are my own opinions? How do my opinions differ from Hubbard’s? What do I have to say? What do I have to contribute to the discussion?”
    It’s fine to quote others. But it’s not thinking.

http://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2011/03/09/quoting-vs-thinking/
    • Like Like x 12
  11. Anonymous Member

So please stop answering about how LRH feels about something or what HIS policy letter said. Tell me how you feel.

Given that 2 Spokesmen of Scientology are offering conflicting or corroborating accounts to Xenu.... How would you feel if 2 people were telling you different things?

Don't reply, it's not in the tech, Don't reply something about LRH what's true is what's true for you,

Reply on how you as a human feel about 2 people that represent your church offering stories that corroborate Xenu is part of it, or that they are contradicting each other. And then think about why is it such a muddled up problem in the first place? you have tech to solve problems, by increasing communication, and yet your own spokespeople are conflicting with each other. How are other people not associated with Anons or with Scis supposed to feel when they see this?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

LOL
  13. Anonymous Member

"Having had some time to think this over and having studied the matter with great care, I have isolated the most successful response to meeting any and all attacks on Scientology, its organizations and
    Scientologists and as of this date this becomes policy. "ADVOCATE TOTAL FREEDOM"

That is the policy -- advocate total freedom.

[...]

"That's the answer no nation or person can stand up to-if we keep
    saying it long and loud. SCIENTOLOGY IS THE ROAD TO TOTAL FREEDOM.
    Used in argument one can invent reasons to baffle the attacking agency
    or person-but all these reasons should add up to everyone has rights
    to total freedom."

[...]

-- LRH
    HCOPL 15 February 1966

"If anyone talks about a "road to Freedom" he is talking about a linear line.This, then, must have boundaries. If there are boundaries there is no freedom."

LRH--Dianetics55

"Check these facts, you will find they are always true. That person who is trying to control you is lying to you. He's got to tell you lies in order to continue control, because the second you start telling anybody anything close to the truth, you start releasing him and he gets tougher and tougher to control. So, you can't control somebody without telling them a bunch of lies."
    -LRH
    Technique 88

14. Herro Member

By the way, did you know that sparrow has a drinking problem? It's true. He's received $600 because of me. I'm just afraid he's spent it all on booze.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ScnTO Member

You are correct...I don't know which Scientology Academy you came from but mine makes us know the "Basic Study Manual" as a prerequisite in which we develop judgement by understanding and duplication, data and power of choice, and effectively eliminating false data.

When I am asked to read a policy letter...I don't memorize and parrot back quotes...I'm asked "what did I get out of it?"..."how can this be applied to the current situation?"..."it says here this...how can it be this way?...how can it not be this way?"..."give me an example of this?"

I have the most interesting conversations and debates with Scientologists.

We think with the data...when I show you the "Third Party Law"...you need to think with it and ask how does this apply with Anon vs Scientology?
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ScnTO Member

and don't forget the hot dog addiction!
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Anonymous Member

That is so true. That's exactly how North Korea works. That's how communist Russia worked. Every setnece in Russia began "As the Great Lenin pointed out...." and sentences in North Korea begin with "as our dear leader....". I bet during the Khmer Rouge regime, that's how the poor Cambodians were forced to speak as well.

Our dear leader
  18. Anonymous Member

"We think with the data"
    nope
    It's more like "We think with the tech that was drilled into our heads"
    And that's not thinking on your own sweety. sorry

So tell us how great David Miscavige is!
  19. n3uromanc3r Member

ScnTO--you still have not replied to my question about Abraham Lincoln's mental illness. Please let me know whether you intend to respond, as I've been waiting patiently to hear your thoughts.
  20. ScnTO Member

We are not getting rid of anybody...you can apply Scientology to make the best you that you can be.

Lincoln and Churchill were wartime leaders...with Scientology we can prevent war.

Luckily we now have with Scientology three valid processes to prevent this sort of thing from ever happening again. (First there is dianetic processing. This rids the individual of the pain and painful emotion which aberrates his reason. Second there is education. This indoctrinates the individual with the culture in which he lives and gives him the skills of survival, better enabling him to survive. The third is changing his environment into one which is less restimulative, is happier for him and in which he can better survive.).
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 5
  22. Anonymous Member

sorry, I gotta do it again:
    cartoon-scoutsLaughing.gif

that's my response to your "scientology would prevent war" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    With what? With fake bombs it sent Paulette Cooper?
    • Like Like x 5
  23. an0nim0uz Member

You mention Sparrow's alcohol problem but you don't tell him about your crystal meth addiction.

Come on bro, we're all friends here.
  24. Anonymous Member

Star trek is similar to incident one.

• Like Like x 1
  25. n3uromanc3r Member

You can apply Scientology to make you the best you that you can be? I can't believe you lifted that from the counter-troll, Tom_Cruise. You know he was being ironic, right?

What has Scientology done with its power, as you say, to prevent war?

Even if Scientology could prevent war, wartime leaders were, in the past, necessary, were they not? Would you rather have had Lincoln or Churchill be anything other than what they were?
  26. ScnTO Member

I want to protest but I'm afraid that my name may appear in court like these people...any thoughts?

fmq34o.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Diablo Member

Indoctrinates = Brainwashes

The sad part is that this indoctrination doesn't give them the "skills to survive" and "enabling him to survive." It actually does the opposite. Ask Jason Beghe..."Clear, show me a fucking clear and i'll show you a fucked up individual" (shouldn't be in quotes but it is close to what he said)
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Dragononymous Member

Get's you more attention?
    I say go for it!
  29. ScnTO Member

Jason Beghe doesn't want you to become stronger...

In Dianetics: "Self-Analysis" L. Ron Hubbard states "Do not harken too well to he who would tell you this system will not work. He would not feel safe if people around him grew too strong. The wise man tests before he talks. The critic but follows the fad of a cynical and apathetic age. You have a right to your own opinion. This system works or it doesn’t according to your experience. Not all the authorities in Christendom can alter natural law."
    • Like Like x 1
  30. new guy Member

31. n3uromanc3r Member

Wh
    Give us some examples of how Scientology has given you the skills of survival. Why would survival be more difficult if it weren't for your cult?
    • Like Like x 1
  32. n3uromanc3r Member

LRH quotations don't really fly here, primarily because they have zero validity.
    • Like Like x 4
  33. Diablo Member

Beghe Transcript:

"theres a guy on the internet apparently who’s said he’ll give a million bucks if someone can demonstrate OT. I’ll give a million bucks if to anybody that can demonstrate Clear. There’s no fucking Clear. There’s no Clear. There’s no Clear. I mean, just looking at Dianetics, Clear is, what, are you kidding me? Clear!"

"it's a con, it's a con!"

He wanted to believe this shit he spent over $250k on but he couldn't...cause it's BULLSHIT!
    • Like Like x 5
  34. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  35. adhocrat Member

You destroy your own argument with your own words.

Still flunking the Turing Test.

• Like Like x 5
  36. veravendetter Member

37. Diablo Member

Agreed, but when it is used in cult tactics it is considered BRAINWASHING! Study other cults and understand how it works...
  38. Anonymous Member

Explain this war-prevention. Fix the Middle East.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Diablo Member

Anonymous told you stupid mother fuckers that Beghe's words would haunt the cult forever...here is more from Jason:

"there’s a book that LRH wrote called the History of Man, and he talks about a lot of these traps, that can catch a thetan that is this thing that has no matter, energy, space, time or location. But he can catch a thetan but he’s got interesting curiosity. So he’s got, there are these things called theta traps and the best theta traps are the ones that the thetan runs on autopilot. So if I’m trying to enslave somebody, the last thing I want to do is have to worry about fucking keeping the key in the lock, and you know, the best trap is the kind that will keep himself in jail.
    [11:00] Right, and that’s what Scientology does. You just keep yourself in jail, and you, that’s it, it’s a perfect theta trap ‘cause you believe it, you’re investing your time and your money. You can’t be a fool, that’s just too much to confront, you know."
    • Like Like x 2
  40. new guy Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.