Customize

Sea Org Bones Project

Discussion in 'Projects' started by DeathHamster, Apr 8, 2016.

1. DeathHamster Member

The Sea Org are the bones and muscle of Scientology, so I think it's important and useful to track them.

When there are enough of them, Miscavige can pull stunts like garrisoning the LA Org, send teams to new Ideal Orgs so that the stats don't fall flat on the first day, talk about his big Scientology Media Productions, and send missions to crack the whip over org staff to keep them in line.

Meanwhile, a lot of them must be allocated to keep the Advanced Orgs running for the publics, and all the administrative work to keep Scientology Inc working and out of jail.

As Scientology and the Sea Org shrink, Miscavige will have to start cutting corners, let things slide, cancel new projects, shut down operations, and even let shit hit the fan because there was no one to handle it. (He can hardly increase their hours or work them harder. "Hey! Stick a broom up their ass and they can sweep the floors too!")

The number guesses and where they are has been pretty vague and unhelpful. CoS claims 5000 Sea Org. I've seen "2000 in Clearwater and PAC Base" tossed around a lot — except that those numbers are impossible once you start to account for the other places that Sea Org have to be allocated.

So... I've started a page on my site to track Sea Org numbers and where they are.

Category:Sea Org Bones

What I need now are more numbers. They don't have to be exact or up to date — just a best guess for a year and a source and reason behind that guess. As time goes on, the numbers can be refined and updated and will tend to sanity-check themselves.

How about the Freewinds? How many crew, admin and org staff in recent years?
    • Like Like x 2
  2. amaX Member

It's probably in the archives, but I did speak to a public Scientologist at Flag who was fairly young. This was probably in 2012? It's when Six and I were doing solo-raids all the time. Anyway...
    He hung out with SO because they were so young. He said his mother came from Europe to Flag once before and he thought at that time there were about a thousand or so. I need to try to find that old post because I can't remember if he said 200 or 500. It was much less than a 1,000. But it would be my guess that number has gone back up. I am just guessing here, but I'm going to say somewhere in the ballpark of 600-800 at Flag. Maybe 1,500 worldwide? It will be interesting to see if anyone has some actual numbers.

I like this thread.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. DeathHamster Member

I don't think it can be as low as 1,500 worldwide yet. There are too many places that they have allocate people like the CLOs and AOs, and all those places add up.

At Flag, they have to staff those "hotels" for the publics, do laundry, run cafeterias, do the Advanced Org and Super Power, all those registrars, people to herd the others around... Since Flag is the big money-maker of old school Scientology, I don't think they'd let the number drop too low.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pedrofcuk Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. DeathHamster Member

Hang on, are all Celebrity Centres staffed by Sea Org? (I doubt that in places where the CC was merged into the Org.)