Customize

Sea Org'er blows...set up by Moxon & arrested..

Discussion in 'Independent Scientology' started by Holl Anon, Oct 8, 2010.

1. 1957 Member

Re: Sea Org'er blows...set up by Moxon & arrested..

^^^THIS!^^^^

And I personally think he is with the best hands he could be with. People who have first hand knowledge of what he has lived through and can understand and empathize with better than anyone who hasn't been there, and also people who have an excellent understanding of the Miscavige game. I seriously could care less what Mike and Marty et al think and believe about LRon and scientology. As long as they continue to stand up to the church (they have a right imo to do it in their way - in their own time) and don't try to duplicate the abuses (and there is NO evidence that they are or will) the abuses of the cult, then I say moar power to them. We all have a right to our personal delusions. But actions matter more. Particularly those which "correct" past bad ones. Getting a young kid out of that madness and standing by him is no small thing.
  2. Anonymous Member

Yes, it is no small thing.

I hope he's now ALSO allowed the space, time and HUMAN RIGHT to choose his own beliefs because he has clearly never been afforded that privilege in his 19 years of life.
  3. eddieVroom Member

The bigger question is:

http://www.ics-iq.com/
  4. the anti Member

the excuses i heard are
    "you're making that up because you're a bigot"
    "they had the wrong idea, they were just trying to convince the IRS they are a true religion"
    "they were all criminals and they did illegal things without consent of the church. soon after they got kicked out and went to jail"
    and my favorite "the FBI planted evidence"
  5. Anonymous Member

Why not of his own volition? He had enough guts and independence to look at SP websites and feel the need to blow. If you want to go with that line that there was something valuable/incriminating in terms of data that was stolen then it's just as likely as the other theory I've heard here, which is that he did it to try and impress the big boys. You can attribute the cult mindset into either behaviour but it takes quite a leap of faith to believe that Daniel would do something that would cause Miscavige to come down on his family even harder, just like the kind of shit he'd been reading about in all that time before he blew.

See, it isn't simple and you can draw all sorts of wild conclusions. Who knows what the whole truth is but I've seen no pattern of behaviour of encouraged data theft of all the people, including execs, who've blown into M&M's arms. All we've had is some photos of DM's pad, toys etc and the rest has been personal stories.
    Tom DeVocht appears to have been far too busy with his businesses and his real life to be that far involved with any perceived M&M conspiracy to encourage theft. He's never posted a lot to Marty's blog and even then it was only recently.

I think first and foremost it is still looking like a simple act of compassion and I think the people who helped ease his way out were probably the best for the job at the time otherwise he probably wouldn't have blown at all. This hard drive mess is just that: a mess, at the moment. But, as fucked up as you think M&M are in their reformation and anti-DM quest, I think it stops way short of them explicitly encouraging or coercing a 19 y/o to commit grand theft. It's possible but I don't think it is the most simple or probable answer. Needs more facts.
  6. 1957 Member

It seems to me he already has been in that no one in the indie faction tried to stop him from making some naive choices, and yet standing by him when they blew up in his face. I don't get the concern around here about what was one the hard drives or the "real" reason he took them with him. The point is that he is out, and after some legal maneuvering, will be out for good.

Also - because it seems so obvious that the cult is using this kid in a lame attempt to go after M&M, I am not worried about him -- those guys do know the game, and I think Mike Rinder is correct -- they are waaaay smarter than the cult operatives, esp. including DM.
  7. Sponge Member

I think starting a new life working in Tom DeVochts business would be an ideal smooth blend into normal society. He's not forcing his employees to go to an org and study LRH tech on evenings after work like the cult does and Daniel would always be free to leave and move on to other things.
  8. Anonymous Member

I for one am so sick of hearing this shit from M&M, why won't they do something about it? They seem to keep drawing out the inevitable, yet playing cat and mouse. These bastards have something on the church and they are holding back, meanwhile we sit in the back stage watching this and knowing that they have the ammunition to do what is right! Yet they don't! They love this silly scientology game of back and forth, and who will win. I guess thats what happens to a person while being under cult watch for 20 - 30 years. These guys have not yet woke up to it, or they have so many skeletons that they can't do the right thing. It's all just a drama show.
  9. anonohio Member

the kid was setup by marty to set up the cult.

a couple of hard drives does not justify a $20k bail though. frankly, it seems this would be a misdemeanor charge at best.
  10. Anonymous Member

OK ... I'll bite.

If M&M did what specific thing(s) immediately, what wonderful specific results would then occur immediately or soon thereafter?
  11. Anonymous Member

Timing, my friend. Timing. Is everything.
  12. Anonymous Member

I agree, sounds like Tom D has his shit together, as well as Amy, Jeff and Jason B. I believe these people have woke up to the lies of Scientology, and actually realize they got TOOK!

Yet, there are these other nutjobs still worshiping LRH and his craziness.
  13. Anonymous Member

Keep biting, eventually you will find the clue.
  14. Re: Sea Org'er blows...set up by Moxon & arrested..

Another case of US authorities protecting human traffickers...
  15. Anonymous Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiqmEibSY0I[/ame]
  16. Anonymous Member

At what point does the timing end? How much longer are the M&M''s going to drag this out? It's becoming laughable for me, especially watching the last video clips of Mike Rinder and the P.I's

All I seen in that video was Scientology at work. Creepy cult ex's vs. creepy cult P.I's.
  17. Anonymous Member

Actually, he called Rinder first.

"Consequently, Daniel searched the internet and, through my blog he found a means to get hold of Mike Rinder, whom he figured correctly could (and did) get him in touch with Tom.

Not the 1-800-ex-sea-org number. Not any more neutral contact he might have found on ESMB.

I am just making the point that a couple of media whores (I am talking to you, Tony Ortega) will take every word out of Rathbun's mouth on face value regardless of Rathbun's history and clear agenda.

Frankly, I don't think MR2 suggested that the boy take anything from the Church when he left. I give them more credit than that (maybe wrongly). I think the boy thought that one up on his own and presented the drives all proud of himself to MR2 who promptly told him to return them.
  18. OTBT Member

Just curious, anyone know how old Daniel was when he signed his billion - year Sea Org contract? The earliest I've ever heard of someone signing the contract is six years old, but it sounds like Daniel might have signed the contract even younger than 6 years old.

I keep hearing about Daniel being born into the cult, being born into the Sea Org.

Daniel is the latest proof to rubbish scientology's recent claims that children have not been allowed to join the Sea Org for more than 20 years. Daniel is only 19 years old.
  19. Skeptic1337 Member

The only thing that's fucked up is. If the kid allegedly stole anything why his "saviors" would post about it all over the internets.

I mean the next time we rob a bank together please don't go facebooking our plan/get away.

I'd almost feel bad for this kid but he's a fucking moron. Best thing will be for him to get away from the likes of all scientologists.

Now i'd love to speculate about how long some one who steals a couple of used hard drives could spend in jail but then I'd have to fall into the fucking trap of talking about an active criminal investigation and the only people who could answer my question would be likely witnesses / conspirators. If any of those people have ever watched a single episode of law and order, talking about shit people might or might not have done is retarded.
  20. bAnon Member

21. Anonymous Member

Stop making sense.
  22. bAnon Member

YSCOHB

dm-chefGold.jpg
  23. Smurf Member

I suspect that given his age, and this being his first offense (if, in fact, he confessed to Sheriff's detectives as Steve Whitmore claimed), the DA will offer a plea bargain that will knock it down to a misdemeanor & consist of a small fine, community service, and a period of probation. I doubt he will see any jail time.

Daniel's attorney would benefit his client by requesting a court-ordered psychological exam which would highly inflame DM and his legal goon squad. Moxon would shit his shorts.

It would also help Daniel to open up and discuss the events (harassment, intimidation, threats, family disconnection) that led up to his arrest that would assist him & his case, and further kick Moxon in the balls.

I suspect the Independent Scientologists advising him might side with DM & Moxon on this issue, however.
  24. Anonymous Member

I find it interesting that Moxon got involved with this at all. Seeing that the kid came from Bridge (publications, I'm assuming) we need a brave anon to file a FOIC act to see what is on those hard drives. Obviously DM doesn't want whatever info on those harddrives out in the public.

Unless he's a plant from Int Mgmt to screw the savior MR and DeVocht.
  25. Smurf Member

You wouldn't get anything. The FOIA exempts disclosures of personnel files, the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy and information specifically made confidential by other statutes.

There are privacy-related statutes applicable to religious entities.
  26. Anonymous Member

FFS. You joking me right? The kid is out of the SO and with scientologists. U think sci lite is any diff than high octane sci? Get real. Oven to fry pan. LoL
  27. jensting Member

Until you have evidence of indies operating an RPF, STFU.

Best Regards

Jens
  28. Anonymous Member

Shouldn't indies KSW?

Just sayin
  29. jensting Member

So, this is what passes for logic in the "anti-religious bigot" circles, is it?

Anyway, KSW is used to justify the RPF. And to justify sending young Sea Org volunteers into the Freewinds to scrape off blue asbestos while not using respiratory protection. Etc etc.

I'm only interested in going after the criminal organisations that actually do have an RPF and who knowingly send their young volunteers into situations with extreme risks of cancer. Etc etc.

You might not like scientology the doctrine (or you may pretend not to, so as to colour WWP as a haven for "anti-religious bigots"), but perhaps that is not really relevant to the discussions about the case of a young person (younger than the recently claimed minimum age for SO staff - LOL) who escaped the psychological prison that is the Sea Org.

Best Regards

Jens
  30. Anonymous Member

No, that passes for a rational question of anyone questions people that thinks Hubbard and Scientology is valid. Why are you dodging?
  31. Anonymous Member

What is the claimed minimum age for Sea Org staff?
  32. Anonymous Member

^^totally this^^
  33. willhaven720 Member

34. AnonyVix Member

Not really odd, Danny would have turned up with the clothes on his back and the hard drives and not much else so Marty becoming aware of the hard drives isn't such a stretch. What are those, erm my music, ah....

I know from experience even fairly well adjusted 19 year old lads can have some odd views on ownership. Maybe he really did just want to take his music with him.

We shall probably never know if Marty orchestrated Danny stealing the hard drives or not but while Marty's actions of getting Danny to return them straight may speak of some one wanting to distance themselves it can also be someone wanting to damage control a situation in the lad's best interests; apparently a misguided attempt given the cult disclaiming receipt etc. and subsequent events. Hind sight says the drives should have been returned by a 3rd party with witnesses - perhaps even in to Moxon's own sweaty palms. Then again...
  35. Krautfag Member

Probably go and ask Keith Henson about things justified, charges and stuff.
  36. Sponge Member

37. jensting Member

A double derail! Outstanding!!

I will give this all the consideration I believe it merits and reply in the "indies and KSW" thread if I believe the question to be half as interesting as the question of the criminal organisation known as the "church" <spit> of $cientology and the human rights abuses it inflicts on its members.

Best Regards

Jens

PS: Don't wait up for that answer...
  38. Sponge Member

Lubow also went over to Tom De Vochts place...

Tom De Vocht | October 11, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Reply

39. jensting Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-...ws-set-up-moxon-arrested-72337/9/#post1334265

points to post points to http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/12/2844150.htm?section=justin

which has
    HTH. HAND.

Best Regards

Jens
  40. Re: Sea Org'er blows...set up by Moxon & arrested..

nourgay