Customize

Second Chance Program article on Wikipedia

Discussion in 'CoS Front Groups' started by ChrisO, Jul 3, 2010.

1. ChrisO Member

Second Chance Program article on Wikipedia

I've just written a detailed article for Wikipedia on the Second Chance Program - see Second Chance Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Any comments would be welcome! As far as I know this is the first time anyone's brought together in one place everything that's known about Second Chance. If you have any additional info that you feel should be included, please let me know, or add it to the article yourself.

This has become a big issue in the US Senate elections in Nevada the last few weeks. The Republican candidate Sharron Angle was a major supporter of Second Chance and tried to get it established in her state back in 2003. She has been dinged for this by both her Republican and Democratic opponents. Hopefully this new article will help to inform the debate. Feel free to publicise it as needed...
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Second Chance Program article on Wikipedia

Just... Awesome.

ChrisO's sum of contributions to Scientology exposure is downright invaluable. Ima gonna add links wherever appropriate right now.
  3. AnonyVix Member

Looks pretty good to me. The scilons must be smarting at having been effectively kicked off Wikipedia.
  4. Anonymous Member

Many of the courses/services listed by Second Chance/Criminon are also Scientology courses/services (as you rightly pointed out) which are listed as qualifying as tax-deductible in a Scientology publication of which I have scans, titled "Updated information on taxes & your donations 2006/2007".

I don't know if this fact would fit in there somewhere. It would can of underline further that tax-payers are funding a particular religious doctrine.
  5. OTBT Member

OP, very nice work.
  6. Lorelei Member

Good work, ChrisO.
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice, but why isn't the scientology portal mentioned with the others ?
  8. ChrisO Member

9. Ann O'Nymous Member

10. tikk Member

Bump so a few more people see this. The page is fairly important not only for its content, but because the issue of Second Chance as it relates to Sharron Angle is still being explored by reporters, mostly because Angle keeps bringing it up in interviews. The page serves as a perfect rebuke of Angle's claim that Second Chance has nothing to do with Scientology. Thanks as always Chris.
  11. EyeOnSci Member

Excellent, OG info is excellent!

Thnx
  12. Anonymous Member

Wikipedia seems to be having some "technical difficulties" at the moment. ;-)
  13. Squirrel Member

Chris O, you are truly one of my heroes in the fight against Scientology. So glad to know you're still active. Thank you.
  14. Goosh Goosh Member

i haven't been following, has the cult already started an edit war using sock accounts?
  15. Ann O'Nymous Member

Laziness is a sin.
  16. Goosh Goosh Member

so is being a sodomite
  17. CarterUSP Member

Great work, OP.
    Good article with good tone - Nicely neutral while still presenting the facts.
  18. Anonymous Member

Yeah, they started it, and completely lost it and got underIQ b& about a year ago. There were even news stories and shit about it.
  19. Anonymous Member

Excellent. Better than any journalism I have seen on the topic.

Just be lazy, and be a sodomite in moderation and y'all be okay.
  20. Anonymous Member

drop it here
  21. kitfisto Member

All of my internets to you my good sir.
  22. Random guy Member

Smashing work ChrisO!

Wikipedia is more and more being used as source for media. This kind of comprehensible articles on cult frontgroups are invaluable!

No, so far the only other contributions seem to have been constructive.
  23. pooks Member

If any one has a copy of Impact 106 please let Chris O know. That particular Issue has an article on Freedumb Medal Winners Joy Westrum and Rick Pendry and their activities with Second Chance. I don't have a copy of Impact 106 but would appreciate it if someone would scan it in for use in this Wiki article.
  24. BLiP Member

Good article - factual in tone yet well written, covers a lot of territory showing considerable research that's well supported with solid references.

A+ and many thanks.