Customize

Senate Vote - Delayed for a few days

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by Anonxmous, Nov 22, 2009.

1. RedOrbifold Member

re: Senate Vote - Delayed for a few days

ah apparently he does talk a bit tonight, but he really talks about what's what tomorrow
  2. Zhent Member

Un-bracing for epic? :(
  3. tamphex Member

This is a good sign by the way, it could very possibly mean the senator is waiting on more support evidence (since he's probably received the first batch today from the global rallies) Thats how I'm interpreting it anyway.
  4. RedOrbifold Member

yep I agree, if he randomly turned around today for something, it's likely because he got the petitions and news about what went down yesterday
  5. tamphex Member

*nod* Don't shit bricks yet guys.
  6. _You_ Member

looks like he may be buying us another day. win, cuz we needs it.

he'll be on soon to confirm i assume.
  7. Asshole Member

Wait what?
  8. Yoni Alter Member

Embassies are closed on Sundays anyway so we're not able to formally submit our petitions until tomorrow.
  9. El Diablo Member

Well, there are 5 Greens senators (Bob Brown, Christine Milne, Rachel Siewert, Sarah Hanson-Young, Scott Ludlum) - they're big on human rights and social justice, so they're good people to get on board for this.

A full list of senators by party can be found here: Parliament of Australia:Senate:Senators:Homepages by Political Party

Note that the Liberals, Country Liberals and Nationals are also known as "the coalition" (right wing) - so back when they formed government it was all of them, not just the main Liberal party. Although they don't always vote the same.

Pretty sure that's 76 senators all up.

Whoever is the chair (be it president or deputy president) only votes if there's a tie - otherwise they refrain.

"carbon pollution reduction scheme" or CPRS - what they're debating at the moment.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Xenophon is planning to move the whole inquiry issue to tomorrow (but someone else might know otherwise), but that's not on the agenda until after question-time (so we're looking at sometime after 3pm - probably a bit later). Probably anticipating the CPRS debate to monopolize much of the senate's time today, plus having more time for people to get petitions in - but yeah, don't quote me on that. :p

Anyhow, I hope it's shifted to tomorrow, 'cause ABC news radio is broadcasting from the senate tomorrow - but from the house of reps today.

Edit: Okay, looks like that's the case...awesomeness! Tomorrow is soooo much better to get into things 'cause there'd be way more people - at least in Aus - listening to parliament on their radios than on the net.
  10. RedOrbifold Member

[STRIKE]well that sucks.... but I suppose it's good that he'll get them tomorrow before he speaks[/STRIKE]
    disregard that, he likely has them now
  11. _You_ Member

it's monday nov 23 in australia right now.

lrn2timezone
  12. Cheappassion Member

Is this a case when a fail is a WIN???
    cool, because I have a headache and want to fwap to midgets anyway....
  13. _You_ Member

Someone has said: Watch the news.

/mystic post
  14. _You_ Member

Have any of them given a statement on this other than Xenophone ?

Cuz if there is one vote for and all others against I am gonna be pissed about the last week.
  15. _You_ Member

wait, you mean your local emb

nevermind i are idiot
  16. El Diablo Member

I'm pretty I've seen Bob Brown expressed his less-than-glowing opinion on the CoS before, but I can't remember the exact context - from memory something on ABC news...last year...but yeah, that's all I remember. I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't back Xenophon.
  17. _You_ Member

channel 7? when?
  18. tamphex Member

House of Senates is akin to watching little kids doing "Show and Tell" and letting slip some naughty word then having the Teacher scold them (President of the Senate)
  19. Asshole Member

So we all have to wait one more day or what?
  20. RedOrbifold Member

thread title updated
  21. tamphex Member

Yep, but feels good man. It's in our favor.
  22. anonbrit Member

Re: In the Senate, on Monday 23rd

Your an arse, seriously.

Emails leaked onto the internet the other day that proves all the "man-made global warming" is utter bullshit. They openly talk to each other about fixing graphs and charts. Refusing to allow actual scientific studies refuting this hoax to be printed or allowed into the media.

Shit, even actual scientists (climate, geology, oceanic etc) went before the U.N (Hundreds of them) to call global warming bollocks. That nature was taking it's natural course.

Did the main stream media report this? Did politicians do duty to their constituents and report on this in their countries parliaments?

No, why because global warming is a 500 billion industry. And you bought it hook line and sinker.
  23. mrred81 Member

Petitions should be mailed directly to Xenophon
  24. El Diablo Member

Oh, the House of Reps is WAY more like that - especially since Labor has the majority there, so voting is basically always gonna go their way - and EVERYTHING turns into "politics", in the public-image kinda way. Harry Jenkins (the dude in my avatar) is like that patient school teacher - you can basically *hear* him roll his eyes at the members. "Ordah! Ordah! Will the member for North Sydney...WILL THE MEMBER FOR NORTH SYDNEY pleeeease resume his seat...*sigh* The Member for Warringa's interjections are not helping matters here...", etc... :p
  25. _You_ Member

You talking US or Australian time ?
  26. JohnnyRUClear Member

lulz

I know, isn't it great? :-D

No! Our breath is a pollutant, dammit!!
  27. Asshole Member

I heard about this somewhere. I don't recall if it was on these forums or somewhere else.

Your tinfoil attitude about it is fucking immature though.
  28. RedOrbifold Member

details in first post
  29. tamphex Member

Probably worthwhile to getting the word out to any groups which were sweating on the deadline.

In the meantime, I'm off to go check on a certain mic in a pipe & chase up the media outlets. Have a good day guys.
  30. anonbrit Member

Your tinfoil attitude about it is fucking immature though.

What tinfoil? Fucking immature?

WTF.
  31. RedOrbifold Member

and you're saying big oil isn't a big industry?

anyway I don't want to debate a subject that isn't my field of expertise, I know enough to know that what we're doing to the planet isn't good and that it would be good to stop, but not the extent of it.
    much less does anyone else

anyway, I won't say you're wrong, because I don't know and don't have the knowledge to say so

/offtopic

now on with the show,
    yes, petitions should be sent to xenophon directly

yes he doesn't speak tonight, he does talk about food standards a bit and might mention scientology in passing about what he's doing tomorrow

yes senate is horrible in terms of a bunch of nonexperts talking about things that they really don't care about

yes we need more experts to speak in senate

no, I will not admit to carbon
  32. re: Senate Vote - Delayed for a few days

*is still watching and recording the debate* I like these dudes.
  33. RedOrbifold Member

you can listen to it without falling asleep? impressive
  34. anonbrit Member

He he he. I know what you mean RedOrbifold.

Goddam they love adding unneeded words and long pauses.

Self important much?
  35. kamakaze2000 Member

is it question time? when they start verbally attacking each other is when it really entertains.

mistah speakah mistah speakah !!!
  36. RedOrbifold Member

that will likely be starting around the end of the period, they're not even done the first issue on the table tonight

there's about six issues they'll be talking about
  37. Asshole Member

My main concern has to due with the delay time. The more they delay a possible investigation, the longer the cult has to shred evidence.
  38. El Diablo Member

Question time is at 2pm (so in about 10 minutes)...also both house's question times are available for download HERE!
  39. RedOrbifold Member

oh goody! question period!
  40. Cheappassion Member

Fuck me! I close my media window....
    Now, it won't load.