Customize

September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

Discussion in 'USA - West Coast' started by The Goddamn Pacman, Aug 12, 2009.

1. September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

Gather your butter and cut your cheese*, because September 12th is National Popcorn Day and we're going to celebrate with raiding the Los Gatos Scientology Org!

Where: 650 Saratoga Ave, San Jose, CA
    When: September 12th, 2009, 11am-4pm
    Bring: Masks, signs, FLIERS, and popcorn!

Today will be a very special raid, as we will feast and munch on delicious popped goodness as we raid and enturbulate the Scilons! Popcorn has been a very important tool for us when expecting something epic in our favor, and we will demonstrate this as our way of telling Scientology that we can't WAIT for their cult to go under. We know it so damn well that it will happen, that we keep coming back to tell you month after month and see how well you listen. Maybe with our fabulous, wafting scent of buttery popcorn, will you know that your end of oppression and greed is near.

And as a special treat for my fellow Anons and Ex-sci's, I'll be making celebratory popcorn necklaces for all who attend! The only problem is though, that I HAVE to make them the night before the raid, and I can't produce more popcorn than I need to make them.

So, it's very, very, VERY important that you send me a PM if you and/or your friends and comrades are sure that you are going. The sooner the better, that way I don't have to make 10x more than I expected at the last minute.

See you there!

EDIT: Since it's expected to get pretty warm in parts of the Southbay, it might be wise to have plenty of sunscreen and maybe even an umbrella or two to help fight back the heat. Our location is not going to have a lot of shade so we have to make some for ourselves. Also make sure you have PLENTY of water to hydrate yourselves. NOT soda, NOT Starbucks, but WATER. If you pass out from the heat, it won't be an ambulance coming to help.... if you know what I mean.... >.>

I'm also bringing a broom and dustpan to help with garbage pickup. There's going to be a lot of popcorn coming in, so we need to make sure we leave the place spick and span at the end of the day.

* = Not what you think it means
  2. qwertyuiop1 Member

Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

Yay!!! popcorn raid!!! I sent my PM.
  3. Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

And just so you're informed, I'll be using Orville Reddenbaker (sp) Theater-Buttered popcorn for the necklaces. If you have a special request though, I'll look into making it happen for ya.
  4. the anti Member

everyone should follow this for the global theme
  5. anonprkour Member

ill bring caramel popcorn if im not working
  6. moarxenu Member

I talked to an anon in the EB who retired in the fall. He was pissed he missed the epic Great West Coast Psych Raid. He is definately coming and bringing six to ten anons with him out of retirement.
  7. Daisy Member

We will be there. PM sent.
  8. Zulas Member

I sure hope my un-sure friend will be sure(finally) this time.. least I hope, he's failed to make it to 3 protests I've invited him to. Maybe fourth times the charm? But anyway, I'll be there as always
  9. qwertyuiop1 Member

Im getting calls from semi retired anons too. OH BOY. September is looking like epicness (I know its not a word).
  10. Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

Is he now? :O That's great. Did you send him the raid details?
  11. Sailor Venus Member

EPIC
  12. moarxenu Member

Yes. I told him to pm you here or at Uplink. Reminds me, I know a couple of critics in the music biz in Vallejo. Will email them too.
  13. Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

I've just been reminded: if any of you guys follow local podcasts or know somebody who's majoring in film at college, these people are most welcome to come to a raid as they have the ability to widespread coverage of our protests to more people, whether by editing it as a presentation or recording interviews and events to distribute to followers worldwide.

So if you do, go shopping for local podcasters and folk! I'm sure they would love all the extra popcorn.
  14. qwertyuiop1 Member

Can we get video of all of us sitting towards the org while silently eating popcorn? How funny would that be?
  15. Daisy Member

Yeah, and we can bring some lawn chairs too!
  16. medianoid Member

Hey guys, just thought I'd mention that September 12th is also the scheduled date for the next Tea Party protest. You know, the ones endorsed by Glenn Beck and Fox news and frequently have people with signs saying 'Obama is Hitler'? Yeah.

Now, they'll probably do their thing over on Winchester & Stevens Creek and not actually cross you guys, but just keep in mind that people might be less likely to listen to the Chanology protesters when there's hundreds of fat, crazy people screaming about birth certificates and death panels just a couple blocks away.

Personally, I think it'd be much more amusing to join up with these lovely fellows and troll the shit out of it. But that's just me. :x
  17. Anonymous Member

Anon Orange confirmed.
  18. Sailor Venus Member

TBH, I think we're far enough away that it won't matter.
  19. Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

This is a GREAT idea. I endorse this.

I can bring some lawnchairs too, provided I can get some help getting them there.
  20. Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

I'll be there too. Yay, popcorn!
  21. Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

Huzzah! It's September!

[IMG]

Grab your torch and pitchforks! We've got some RAIDING to do!
  22. Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

Just ordered my mask.

I will be there.
  23. Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

Locked, stocked, and ready to roll! See you then!

Oh and will there be microwaves on the premises to make ze popcorn? :D
  24. Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

It's almost that time, folks!

Are you ready for massive win and popcorn in San Jose?
  25. moarxenu Member

Just bought some Can't Believe Its Not Butter to bring and also am bringing various tasty popcorn salts.

Mr. Allender is going to luv this massive raid at his doorstep.
  26. Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

OP updated with some more suggestions on items to bring to the raid. It's gonna be warm so be prepared.
  27. anonshymous Member

Whose psyched for tomorrow? Delicious popcorn, caek and raids.

I lack brooms and dustpans, but I can supply garbage bags for the post-raid clean up.
  28. Zulas Member

I has a garbage bag, but not for trash.. but for popcorn
  29. Daisy Member

Will try to bring a couple of chairs for some good photos, eating our popcorn and the usual stuff we bring.
  30. Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

Oh god. Brace for epic raid.

Good luck fellow S.J. Anons.
  31. moarxenu Member

Just scored some jalapeno and other popcorns from Thatcher's Ultimate Popcorn.

[IMG]
  32. Talldog Member

Well, two more people planning to show up (me and my girl), see you guys in a bit!
  33. Talldog Member

Cruised by a couple of times, didn't see anyone there. Going to get some food and will be back by later.
  34. Anonymous Member

Where is everyone? Turned up at 12:30pm, hung around for an hour. Has the start time or location changed?
  35. Anonymous Member

ಥ_ಥ
  36. Anonymous Member

I'm going to take a wild guess that there was sekrit location change. ie. to go troll John Allender's mission or something. My fault for coming to san jose last minute.
  37. Talldog Member

We went on site twice but no one else showed so we split. No idea what happened.
  38. Re: September 12th - San Jose, CA - National Popcorn Day!

A previous poster was right - we sekritly raided the Mountain View Org. Sorry! But a Pm would've helped you guys wonders.

Don't you worry though, we'll be back in our territory in San Jose next time.
  39. MIB

Picket flash raid 101 // Questions email - USconstitution09171787@gmail.com

Please "Flash Picket" at 12:00(noon) or 6pm-7pm M-S
    1308 L Ron Hubbard way, CA 90029

These are the times when the victims go outside for a minute.

Signs:
    FREE HUGS
    WE CARE ABOUT YOU
    Freedom of Speech and Religion
    Where is Shelly Miscavige?
    Medical? / Social Security? (Sea Org)

Say:
    Ron Miscavige - Book
    Jenna Miscavige - Book
    L Ron Hubbard jr. - Book
    Quentan Hubbard - Suicide
    Mary Sue Hubbard - Prison
    Where is Shelly Miscavige?
    Where is Heber Jentzsch?
    What happened to Alexander Jentzsch?
    Who killed Kyle Brennan in Clearwater?
    I didn't join Scientology to stop Freedom of Speech (this makes them think about why they joined)
    Idle Orgs, buying Real Estate for David Miscavige. Where is a Clear, where is an OT?
    Find out both sides, and decide for yourself - Youtube Scientology - Google Scientology
    Under what circumstances will Scientology not help you? (no money or questioning the church)
    Scientology Pro Abortion / Anit-Gay / and fights Freedom of speech.
    Calls in bomb-threats to this day. Has been for 40 years.
    Is it okay for a Sea Org member to assault people?
    David Miscavige assaulted 30 people with witnesses. Why is he still in the Sea Org?
    Why not have a 20 or 40 year contract? A Billion year contract is unenforceable! It's a Fake Contract.
    Wikipedia say the Sea Org does not exist as an Organization. Are you in the Sea org?

Your Rights: You have the Right to Assembly / Freedom of Speech

Don't:
    Block ingress or egress of parishioners or staff.
    Do not harass staff or public. Noise Pollution / Harassment / Menacing / Intimidation
    This group is seasoned;Will Lie, Distract, and have you arrested to the best of their ability.
    Be warned, Only the Determined need apply. They hire Talon Security, ex Sheriff (plain clothing)
    P.I. License #18180

Best Practices:
    Bring a camera to film your actions as well as theirs.
    Bring a friend to support you as a witness.
    Stand at the bottom of the street in front of the cafe and across the street from AOLA.
    Run a conversation between you and your friend, which covers the contents of your signs and what you would like to draw attention to in Scientology.

please repost this on your social media, or appropriate forum