Customize

Sheila Huber speaks out

Discussion in 'Fair Game Reports and Personal Experiences' started by Strong Strength, Dec 9, 2011.

1. In November of 2011, ex-Sea Org Sheila Huber spoke with a couple of us in Chicago about some of her experiences inside Scientology.

Part 1: Getting In
    (Deals with how she came to become involved with Scientology and her first experiences inside the organization.)

Main sections:
    -----------------
    0:09 - Life situation before Scientology: a runaway
    1:38 - Meeting the odd "baron"
    3:49 - Early employment
    5:38 - The Scientology frozen steak company
    9:00 - Boss disappears and the "rescue" attempt
    12:25 - The Sea Org recruitment process
    16:02 - Indoctrination
    17:50 - The vents
    20:53 - Sunlight again
    25:10 - The Sea Org's initial environment
    26:22 - Censored letters and Scientology family values
    29:26 - Other EPF bits

Hopefully, this is just the first part of many - looking forward to sharing lots more stuff soon!
    • Like Like x 25
  2. AnonLover Member

bump - watched this today... twice. Most excellent stuff!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Zhent Member

Bump - it is very engaging and a good, but quite disturbing, yarn.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. moarxenu Member

Sheila is teh awesome. You guys did a great job on the video, and I appreciate the subheadings and time locations you included in the information on JewTube.
    • Like Like x 4
  5. RightOn Member

excellent!!!!

just to be nit picky.... I wish WBM filmed her against a different background
    he should know not to shoot film towards a window. Especially one with strobing blinds
    EDITED!! wrong!! sorry, thought it was WMB's voice. for some reason I missed the text in the OP.
    I thought this was part of the Knowledge Report series
  6. RightOn Member

I love her laugh!

edited:
    very important thing she says "you think about it when you CAN"
    A lot of people don't realize how people fall for COS hooey and stay in.
    this is one of the reasons.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Dra Member

Actually she was filmed by some chi-anons. Pretty good for their first interview effort.
    • Like Like x 5
  8. RightOn Member

oh shi!
    sorry I thought it was WBM voice
    • Like Like x 1
  9. amaX Member

Most awesome. Congratulations on your very good first effort and a BIG congratulations to Sheila for being OUT!!!
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Anonymous Member

11. I apologize profusely for the video quality - my biggest concern going into this is that I wouldn't be able to do it justice due to not having professional-quality recording equipment. I was trying to have some variation going on in the background rather than hours of a blank wall, but of course the backlighting ended up brutal. I'm very sorry, and I hope it doesn't detract from everything too much.
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Anonymous Member

Good job, Sheila and SS! (No need to apologize, SS - it's great!)

For those who don't remember or who haven't seen this, Sheila was interviewed about a year and a half ago by Australia's ABC Lateline, along with Scarlett Hanna. (Sheila's on 1:44-3:04 and 5:49-6:54 of this interview.)

• Like Like x 4
  13. grebe Member

Sheila Huber is adorable.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. OTeleventy Member

Strong Strength - you did a fantastic job! Thank you for your work.
    • Like Like x 5
  15. Darth Xander Member

Hey, that's my knee! Where is the rest of the video SS? We're waiting...
    • Like Like x 5
  16. greebly Member

Due to the awesome nature of this video it deserves some beer and seafood.

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 6
  17. telomere Member

Even crabs' gotta eat something.

Csap2.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  18. greebly Member

Does not matter Strongstrength

Great content and the atmosphere was well set.

Thx Sheila
    • Like Like x 3
  19. DeathHamster Member

20. anonanchovie Member

Scarlette's, Valeska's and Mellissa's stories are so very similar, how can the cult continue, like a scratched record, to simply blame the 'individuals involved'? I know of three other cases of abandoned 13 and 14 year old girls, what is it with this cult and young girls? Scarlette has such poise and is so dignified. I find her story so terribly moving.
    • Like Like x 5
  21. Gottabrain Member

Strong Strength, you're a champion Anon and did a spectacular job on these vids. I can't thank you enough! I love you and all the Chi-Anons!

Now that the Debbie thing and holiday season has died down, let's release the 2nd vid. After Debbie's 12 hrs being taunted in a trash can, the general public may just have a better idea of what the cult does, so it might be a good follow-up. Let's release Vid 2 now.

Vid 2 is the RPF experience. It was extremely painful for me to recall in detail to make the vid. The vid is heavy - and I won't be watching it a second time. Glad it's out of the way and you guys were there to give me the support to go through with it.

I LOVE ANONS!!

:) I love you too, Grebe.

Thank you all, again. For me, for all that have left, for all that will leave and for all of those who did not get caught up into this nightmare of a brainwashing mindf&^k because of you. You're the true, unspoken heroes of myth and legend who saved the day for so many. I could just kiss you all.
    kiss-red-lips.jpg
    • Like Like x 15
  22. Darth Xander Member

Strong Strength is a tool. Let's get that video up now son.

We love you too Sheila! Thanks for visiting with us and telling your story.
    • Like Like x 4
  23. AnonLover Member

Imma so happy to hear of this 2nd vid, my chair wont sit still!

<3 you chifags for doing this, /SALUTE
    • Like Like x 4
  24. Robatl Member

This is WHY.
    • Like Like x 2
  25. xenubarb Member

Yup!
    marcrab1.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  26. Part 2: Getting Out
    This video section covers some of Sheila's experiences inside Scientology and her long, difficult road out of the organization. She mentions Ivan Obolensky - at the time, he was the Commanding Officer of AOLA (the Scientology complex where Sheila worked).

Main sections:
    -----------------
    0:10 - Having a child, changing priorities
    1:17 - Problems within marriage
    3:09 - Nesting instincts
    5:20 - Son's sickness on the Child Estates Org
    7:36 - More attempts at better child care
    10:31 - Domestic situation becomes very messy
    11:59 - Leave of absence
    13:35 - Big trouble
    18:00 - Physically taken to the RPF
    19:54 - Wanting to leave; broken promises
    22:06 - Being controlled by the RPF's master-at-arms
    23:50 - Terrible conditions
    27:45 - Who gets RPF'd
    29:26 - From bad to worse
    32:53 - Sneaking out to see son
    34:55 - Still unable to route out; stuck doing more Scientology
    40:24 - Finally, freedom
    43:46 - Starting over
    • Like Like x 15
  27. Robatl Member

Moar Wow!
    • Like Like x 3
  28. RightOn Member

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
    for Sheila
    wow, unreal.
    I hope the media contacts her and she can tell her story to the world.
    Thanks for interviewing and for posting!
    I hope you forward the 2 parts of this vid to someone who can give it some legs Someone HAS to be interested in this story. It's one of many.
    Anderson Cooper, Martin Bashir... someone
    • Like Like x 4
  29. Part of the reason this video was delayed is because she wanted to wait until after the holiday season was over. Part 2 is obviously very dark and full of heavy stuff, and she didn't feel completely comfortable with it coming out around times where people were especially focusing on things like family and warmth.

The videos to come are all considerably shorter and lighter, with plenty of juicy stories, celebrity gossip, and other inside info you may not know about yet. Stay tuned...

Any and all help in getting this story get out would be greatly appreciated. I don't care if it's havens like OCMB and ESMB, major media outlets, word-of-mouth through e-mail, indie blogs, human rights groups, Christian message boards, anything.
    • Like Like x 7
  30. AnonLover Member

Anybody got a link to where Sheila tells her story? I need some text to work with and I can gladly spread it.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Sponge Member

• Like Like x 3
  32. Cudgel Member

Just look at the history on L. Ron and the original members of the CMO (Commodore's Messenger Organization). Need I say more?
    • Like Like x 1
  33. AuntAnonymous Member

That's a powerful testimony. Thank you Sheila.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. Gottabrain Member

Thanks so much for the support, guys. Sorry it's so heavy, but maybe because of that, it might make a lasting impression in someone's mind when they think of Scientology. I hope it keeps people from joining the Sea Org. My son is doing terrific, btw - he's in graduate school, very independent, smart and talented and an all-around nice and compassionate young man. I'm proud of him and grateful I got out and he's had the opportunities he should and that he's made so much of himself. He's never been a Scientologist and never will be, even though his father was in all his life. Once out, things worked out fine.
    • Like Like x 10
  35. RightOn Member

yay!
    • Like Like x 1
  36. Gottabrain Member

This video is the only place I ever told my full RPF story. It was too hard to write it - too emotional - and the Anons that helped me make it gave me the courage to relive this terrible part of my past. You and any other Anon or ex have my permission to use the video or make a transcript of the video and reprint it or use it elsewhere as long as your purpose is to reveal, curtail, and/or stop the abuses of the Sea Org, Scientology and/or the RPF.
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  37. AnonLover Member

Thx Sheila... but i was looking just for generic backstory to add to what the video goes into. I thought you had posted at least a little sumthin sumthin on ESMB at some point? (but my apologies i didnt get a chance yet to get over there and dig)
  38. AnonLover Member

39. Gottabrain Member

I also admire Scarlett's poise and dignity in her interview. I don't hold a candle to her as far as a public speaker; my interviews are just raw in comparison. It's something I need to work at improving, not just in vids, but in my personal life. I'm glad you pointed this out.

Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood. Use whatever you can from ESMB that is helpful to you. I have no secrets.
    • Like Like x 1
  40. Anonymous Member

Relating personal experience is more important than any well thought out argument against the organization. Usually, if you just talk about what is wrong with the organization or try to get it across it's too hard to believe for the listener that something like this actually exists and it remains abstract. But if you can point to personal testimony of people who have actually been through that, it's much more effective. When you've heard 10-20 testimonies all saying more or less the same it's much harder to ignore. Thanks to everyone involved in documenting this and thanks for the courage to speak out.
    • Like Like x 5