Customize

Sheriff Lee Baca Promoting YOR Health

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

I do all my sheriff shopping there.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. DeathHamster Member

The Sheriff has an Executive Clergy Council? How is that possible?
    • Like Like x 2
  4. With Sheriff Baca anything is possible, it seems to be part of his job to promote snake oil and do infomercials for snake oil companies.
  5. DeathHamster Member

You know, I would have thought that a "Executive Clergy Council" would be in violation of your Constitution, first amendment.
  6. 175 Clergy Members from 12 Religions Meet - Sheriff’s Multi-Faith Executive Clergy Council - LASD

View attachment user21020-1355883030-media1.jpg?MOD=AJPERES&CA

1.jpg
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012
    Over 175 clergy members representing 12 different religions and numerous denominations attended the quarterly meeting of the Sheriff’s Multi-Faith Executive Clergy Council with Sheriff Lee Baca Tuesday. Clergy members from throughout Los Angeles County filled the room at Sheriff’s Headquarters to discuss their ongoing efforts to assist and support the community, in collaboration with the Sheriff’s Department.

The Executive Clergy Council was established to foster strong and sustainable community relations within our local faith groups and continues to be an invaluable part of the Department’s mission to provide exemplary service to all residents of Los Angeles County. During the meeting Sheriff Baca discussed the following:

• The 12th Annual Multi-Faith Prayer Breakfast in January 2013 - The breakfast is designed for elected officials, community leaders, clergy leaders from various religious faiths, and business professionals who have been invited from throughout Southern California to assemble and build relationships.

• The recent graduation of the 1st Multi-Faith C.E.R.T. School – On Saturday, December 15, 2012, approximately 80 local clergy graduated from the 1st Multi-Faith C.E.R.T. (Community Emergency Response Training) School. The graduates were put through a comprehensive 5 week course which is designed to help citizens protect themselves, their families, neighbors and their communities in emergency situations.

• Overview and direction of the Sheriff’s Multi-Faith Executive Clergy Council – Sheriff Baca spoke about continuing to establish meaningful relationships that are built on trust, respect, and unyielding commitment to the Core Values of the Sheriff’s Department. He also thanked the members for their faithful service and compassionate commitment to the men, women, and children of communities throughout Los Angeles County, and for their continued partnership with the Sheriff’s Department.

MORE DETAILS AVAILABLE:
    2011 Sheriff’s Executive Clergy Council Year In Review (booklet)
    The Executive Clergy Council continues to be an integral and invaluable part of the mission of the Sheriff’s Department to provide exemplary service to all residents of Los Angeles County. Through our partnership, we have established meaningful relationships that are built on trust, respect and unyielding commitment to the Department’s Core Values.
    (BOOKLET:)
    http://file.lacounty.gov/lasd/cms1_183144.pdf

Mission Statement of the
    SHERIFF’S MULTI-FAITH EXECUTIVE CLERGY COUNCIL
    As a body of volunteer clergy and lay leaders, we are unified and dedicated to our faith.
    It is our mission to assist and support our community, in collaboration with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and to intercede with spiritual guidance in crisis situations.
    We aspire to improve the quality of life by identifying and
    addressing important community issues and concerns, by raising the
    level of communication between the Sheriff’s Department and the
    citizens of our community and its surrounding areas.

Deputy Derrick Thompson
    Sheriff’s Multi-Faith Executive Clergy Council
    Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
    323-526-5623
    323-267-4800

Forwarded by:
    Captain Mike Parker
    Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau - Newsroom
    323-267-4800
    http://www.lasd.org
    SHBNewsroom@lasd.org
    www.Nixle.com
    http://nixle.com/lasd----hq-newsroom-shb-los-angeles-county-sheriff/
    Twitter @LASD_News http://twitter.com/#!/LASD_News
    http://www.facebook.com/LosAngelesCountySheriffsDepartment

Leroy D. Baca, Sheriff

[IMG]

LOS ANGELES – Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. will speak at the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Executive Clergy Council’s 11th Annual Multi-Faith Prayer Breakfast.

When: Saturday, January 14, 2012 at 9:00 a.m.
    Where: Power of Love Church, 1430 W. Manchester Ave, Los Angeles, CA, 90044

**NOTE: This event is open to credentialed media only.
  7. I think Sheriff Baca even sounds like LRH:
    http://www.cultnews.com/?p=2020
  8. I know a former ZoiVi employee who knew someone that knew Evaji. According to him, he was involved in YOR health and "dismissed most of his team members for no apparent reason." You just might be onto something. If you want to discuss this further, you can e-mail me... adams3dg@aol.com I know quite a bit about ZoiVi, and they're up to no good.
  9. Hey there, saw this message and am interested in talking more about what's going on with Zoivi. Do you want to get in touch? My email is MLMGirl13@gmail.com
  10. Hi Ilikebacon,

I am actually trying to build a case against zoivi as well. They have played a part in ruining the life of someone I love. The whole thing is a scam and it is disgusting how they brainwash them that they all will retire in 5 years and fill their heads with shit! The whole thing is a cult!!! I already started doing a lot of research and I have made progress. I would love to work with you and anyone who would like to help me bring a case to bring this pyramid scheme down, email vandetta596@gmail.com.
  11. RightOn Member

classic
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JohnnyRUClear Member

What about crime near Hemet?
  13. 665

[IMG]

According to an upcoming report on ABC 7 (appearing Monday at 11 pm) Sheriff Lee Baca has been acting as a pitchman for a health supplement company called Yor Health.

(NOTE: The videos that were posted here and here, suddenly vanished during the day on Monday after this story ran, and more reporters began inquiring. They showed Baca as a keynote speaker addressing thousands of Yor Life devotees and sales people at the company’s 2010 annual conference. ABC 7 also reports on Baca’s most recent go round at the company’s September 2013 sales conference earlier this month. Videos from that conference, that had been posted on Yor Health’s site, have also been blocked from public view.)

We understand that ABC 7 has been digging deeply into various aspects of the sheriff’s pitchman activities at Yor Health,—including the question of what if any financial arrangements may have been made in return for Baca’s hawking of the company’s products.

We suspect that the report will also look into the ethics of an elected official pitching for a profit making concern such as Yor Health.

We’ll link to the network’s online report after the segment with Marc Brown airs.

In the meantime, it is interesting to note that the Yor Life sales strategy is described by its founder Dennis Wong as “network marketing.”

Yet, according to other reports, like this one by Bradley Cooper for the NY Sun, Wong has displayed a liking for multilevel marketing and that, around ten years ago, Wong was charged by the Federal Trade Commission for allegedly engaging in an illegal pyramid scheme. Wong and his partner settled with the FTC, and the settlement, among other strictures, “bars them from participating in any prohibited marketing scheme, including any business that operates as a pyramid scheme.”

While we’ve seen no indication that Wong and Yor Life’s business strategy is in any way illegal, complaints about the company’s multi-level marketing efforts have surfaced on various sites the web (such as this one and this one).

In any case, be sure to tune in at 11 pm for ABC 7′s full story on Sheriff Lee Baca as pitchman.

UPDATE: Here’s a link to the broadcast, for those who didn’t get a chance to see it. Plus we have a fuller rundown in WLA’s Monday post by Taylor Walker.

http://witnessla.com/gangs/2013/adm...ts-as-pitchman-for-health-supplement-company/
  14. By the way… NO supplements unless they are not in the normal range and need a prescription from a doctor ARE NOT regulated by the FDA! Do you know why genius?? Because their is NO real threat of harm in vitamins and supplements. No one has ever died of a vitamin overdose. They don't bother because they don't need to use their time monitoring something that has minimal or no risk of harm!! Let them focus on the countless prescription drugs that have life threatening side effects!! Why don't you educate yourself before you run your mouth because for those of us that take these products know how they make you feel. Don't judge until you try it!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  15. Random guy Member

According to the 2004 Annual Report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers, vitamin poisoning from supplements lead to 53 life-threatening hospitalizations and 3 deaths in 2004. If you want to, I can see if I can find some newer statistics for you.
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Anonylemmi Member

The kool aid. Stop drinking it.
  17. PainterofLite Member

All of the "over 175 clergy members" should visit Baca now that he's retired and living in a federal prison.

Former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca is now a prison inmate in Texas

Former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca, once a respected law enforcement leader who was convicted of thwarting a federal investigation into his ...
    Los Angeles Times12 days ago
    • Like Like x 1